Sign in to follow this  
Margarleon Turpentine

You can't make me disappear 'til I make you

Margarleon Turpentine

Leon did not often sit at the Slytherin table. He more often could be found at the Gryffindor table alongside Pine, or sometimes alone among the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. In general, if Willa or Darby weren’t around, he didn’t bother sitting at his own house table. It wasn’t worth it, especially if Dale was anywhere nearby.

That day, though, Leon had sat at the Slytherin table. He still was trying to determine whether plopping down next to Pali Dotchev (or, as he called her, Glitter Girl), was a good decision, but it wasn’t like he could change it now. He had been thinking it would be fun to poke more fun at the girl who didn’t kiss her boyfriend, but now that he was here, next to her, he was doubting the decision entirely because in his grand idea, he had forgotten how bloody much the girl vexed him.

Too late now.

“‘Sup, Glitter Girl,” Leon greeted, sealing the deal of being stuck there as he heaped food onto his plate. Pali was about to be really disgusted, because he didn’t plan to rein his terrible eating manners in that day. Instead, he stuck a bite of chicken into his mouth, and, while still chewing, asked, “How’s Alex? You bored yet of all the hair braiding you two get up to?” He snickered, head turning to look at Pali. He wanted to see her reaction.

Pali Dotchev

Pali sat alone at the Slytherin table today. It was one change of many. She wasn't with Alex at the Ravenclaw table, he was heavily into tourney prep and spending all of his time in the duelling chamber. Pali was usually found right there by his side, but today she wasn't in the mood. She wasn't in the mood for much at all really. Instead of her normal glittery wellies, or holographic converse, she was actually wearing her plain black school shoes. Her robes were on her properly. Her hair was actually tidy. Her face clean. She wasn't smiling all that much. It was some sort of alternate universe Pali. And it was awful. 

The only thing that had actually drawn her out of her moping in the safe confines of her four poster bed, was the fact that her favourite dinner was being served this evening; Sausages and Chips. 

She had piled her own plate high with chips, and splattered ketchup all over them in a Jason Pollock style. The table cloth hadn't been spared and the area around her plate had also been splattered too. The pile of ketchup on the side of her plate is what was holding her attention when Leon came to sit with her. Over-zealously dunking it in as she turned to Leon, she actually smiled. 

Immune to the snark for now she was actually happy to see a familiar face, and the fact he had called her 'Glitter Girl' lifted her soul and made her smile grin. "Hi Leon" She replied quietly, giving him a warm little smile. Only for it to fade slightly when Alex was mentioned, a reminder that she had nobody to hang out with. "He's good" Nodding along, the lies came easily. Really she hadn't seen Alex all day a and had no idea how he was. Taking a bite of her sausage, she left a daub of ketchup on the side of her mouth before reaching out for some chips, immune to Leon's poor table manners as she exhibited her own, shovelling chips into her mouth. 

Margarleon Turpentine

Leon hadn’t really looked at Pali until he posed his question to her. Now that he was taking in her appearance, though, even someone as insensitive as himself could tell that something was up. What, he didn’t know, but there was not an ounce of the usual shine to the girl’s appearance. And when she offered her half-hearted responses, that kind of sealed the deal that something was afoot.

The Slytherin shoveled another bite of food into his mouth as he regarded her, also eating her food rapidly and just as messily as he was. He wondered if she always ate in such a manner, or whether it was part of this seemingly dark version of Pali. Dark, because she normally was a much bubblier sort than whatever version of the girl he was getting now.

“You didn’t answer the second part of my question,” Leon pointed out with a smirk, popping a cluster of chips into his mouth as he raised an eyebrow at Pali. “I asked if you were bored with him yet,” The boy reiterated unapologetically. But really, if Pali thought that she was going to get away with an easy two-word answer about her boyfriend, she was so wrong. Leon was a disturber of the peace, and after learning that Alex and Pali were “together,” yet not kissing or anything of the like, he couldn’t help but continue to rile up the issue whenever he talked to either of them. "So... are you?"

Pali Dotchev

Continuing on working on her Pollock-like masterpiece she lifted the ketchup again to put another fresh layer on the half of her chips there was left. She was quiet and contemplative, avoiding his eye as he spoke. After shoving another few chips away she went to work on the next sausage, haphazardly dipping it in an even larger pile of ketchup at the side of her plate. 

As she bit into the sausage with very little grace and manners she gave Leon the side-eye. He wasn't going to let this go. Though it didn't mean she couldn't have a bit of fun with it all. 

"No" Firmly she spoke, now turning to stare him down, a smirk growing on her face. "I'm not bored of Alex. Why would I be bored of Alex?" Raising an eyebrow with her question . Glancing away from him for a moment another thought crossed her mind and she began to giggle. She tried to make it stop before she looked back to him but she couldn't. 

As she clamped her lips shut and looked to him again, it just made her smirk grow wider. "Why Leon?" Tilting her head to the side, she giggled again. "Are you jealous Marg?!" Her bright blue eyes danced excitedly, ramming a new nickname right in there . She very much doubted that Leon was jealous. The idea of it was actually quite comical. But she wasn't thick. If Leon was going to needle her, she could give it right back. 

Margarleon Turpentine

Pali was at least giving a good show of this new, quiet, not absolutely-annoying side of her. It was somewhat disturbing to see, and made him wonder whether the Pali he had encountered in the dueling chamber was a charade, or what had happened to make her suddenly so morose. Because this Pali, quiet as she was, was certainly morose when compared to normal, Glitter-Girl Pali. He actually almost didn’t regret sitting next to her, as he prodded the conversation along and tried to get a rise out of the girl.

He did not at all expect what she fired back, though.

The boy had taken another bite of his chicken leg and had his mouthful, and he’d been about to answer her question (Why would I be bored of Alex?) with a snarky comment about how they hadn’t snogged properly yet (or really done much of anything except braid hair). But that was when Pali dropped a proverbial bomb on the conversation and Leon almost choked on his bite food.

After some coughing and guzzling of pumpkin juice, he was able to give her an incredulous look. “First, don’t ever call me that, ever,” He began, eyes narrowing as he looked at the girl who looked rather proud of herself, if he did say so himself. “Second, no!” He made a face, the very idea of being jealous of someone like Alexander Crow for dating someone like Pali Dotchev making his skin writhe. “What’s there to be jealous of? I don’t wanna be braidin’ your hair and not-kissin’ you but callin’ you my girlfriend,” Leon shook his head.

“And for that matter, I definitely don’t want to call you my girlfriend even if we were doin’ the rest of it!” Leon exclaimed, feeling the need to establish that, because he realized belatedly that he hadn’t initially done so. And Merlin, he’d likely die of glitter inhalation (that was a thing now) if subjected to Pali for too long. “I was askin’, because I feel like you must be bored out of your skull. And you’re lyin’ if you’re sayin’ you’re not,” Leon maintained stubbornly, daring to shove another bite of food in his mouth. Here was to hoping she wouldn’t say something else to make him choke.

Pali Dotchev

Watching him closely for a reaction, Pali was practically elated when she got just what she had been looking for. Smirking she continued to watch him closely, reaching out a hand  blindly and not actually caring when she had gotten Ketchup all over it. She couldn't take her eyes away from Leon as she licked her finger haphazardly after shoving the errant chips into her mouth. It wasn't flirty or remotely like she was imagining it in her head. It wasn't like she had read about in books, or seen in grown up movies. It was messy and sloppy. Oops. 

"I like that nickname. I don't like to share nicknames with people. It's not as nice really..." frowning just slightly she let that one go easily enough, eventually nodding in agreement. It was a bit saddening, she would have genuinely liked to have a secret nickname for Leon "But alright." 

Quickly enough she went back to giggling and smirking at his reaction to the thought that he might be jealous. "What do you mean 'not-kissin'" Giggling again she pushed her lips together in a secretive little smirk. "I'm not bored. Things are..." Pausing to push her lips together again, trying to suppress a smirk this time. She picked her words carefully, eyes electrifying once again "..quite exciting actually. So no, I'm good thank you.." 

Smirking once again she now turned to eat some more messy chips, though really she should have stopped to watch his reaction. That would have been much more entertaining, but she wasn't very good at this whole thing just yet. As a silence stretched out she grinned and quietly declared out of the blue "The chips are nice today." Before another thought escaped her mouth rather casually "Why does it matter to you so much if I were bored, if you weren't jealous?" That she was genuinely curious about. It was a little weird. 

Margarleon Turpentine

One thing was for sure: he and Pali both ate in the same manner. He was not at all perturbed by her sloppy licking of her fingers, nor whether she had meant to do so in a flirtatious manner or not. He was instead more concerned with getting her off of the Marg name. He pegged her with a stony gaze until she reluctantly dropped the matter. “Don’t see why you gotta try to give someone a nickname they don’t want, anyway,” Leon commented thornily, shoving a handful of chips straight from the serving platter into his mouth before sloppily licking his own fingers.

The smirk that appeared on Pali’s features as she mysteriously responded to him only made his glare narrow once more. He was not going to believe that Alexander Crow actually had gotten up the nads to snog Pali. It could not be. Pali had to be pulling his leg. “Oh, yeah, I bet the hair braidin’ gets a little intense,” He instead chortled, not even bothering to ask whether they had kissed lest Pali accuse him of being jealous again.

But it seemed that effort was for naught, because even as Pali made a comment on the chips, she followed it up with a question that caught him off guard again. His cheeks flamed red, but thankfully he did not have a mouthful of food to choke on.

This time, though, he had a plan. “I think a better question is why you’re so hung up on the idea that I’m jealous,” It was Leon’s turn to smirk, and he did, mischievous and sneaky, as his mossy green eyes landed on Pali expectantly. “Do you want me to be jealous or somethin’?”

Pali Dotchev

For once, Pali was quiet, almost contemplative as her intense blue eyes met his green ones. Nodding she complied easily enough. "Alright Leon" Putting special emphasis on his name as she agreed to not bother with a nickname, defeated.

Picking at another few chips she looked down, once again busying herself with the Ketchup bottle. With the amount she lathered on it was surprising there was any left in it. Staying quiet as he riled her once again about the hair braiding. Although she could fight her own battles, sometimes she was at a loss for what to say, and simply just didn't say anything in return. This was one of those times.  It was good timing when she looked up to see his cheeks flushed though. She had caught him. That was enough to make a sly little smile to blossom again. She didn't comment on it right away. It was another time where she didn't actually really know what to say. Instead she clamped her teeth over her bottom lip to stop the smile spreading anymore. After holding it there for a minute it did get easier and she trusted herself to let go and not laugh in his face. 

Slowly she turned, though the smile still there as she stared him down, big blue eyes practically boring a hole in him "I asked you first Leon" Was all she had to counter while she got her thoughts in order. Did she want him to be jealous? Really she wasn't entirely sure. Maybe. Maybe it would be nice if a boy was jealous over her. Leon was a gutter rat, but he was fun. Even if he didn't mean to be. Pali did like him. But she was torn. Alex was her boyfriend. It wasn't really right that she wanted other boys to be jealous of her. To want her. 

As he watched her, he expected an answer. Unfortunately, Pali didn't really have one. Holding his gaze for another moment the sly little smile grew on her face again and she shrugged before reaching for more chips. That was answer enough really. He could do with that what he liked. So what if she did? What would he do then?

Margarleon Turpentine

Jealous. Jealous. It was ridiculous. Leon most certainly was not jealous. Not of someone like Alexander Crow for dating someone like Pali Dotchev. Honestly, the pair was practically made for each other, with their mutual obsession with glitter and hair braiding and cookies and probably other fluffy crap like butterflies and what not. Leon shook his head. Jealous! Of WHAT? Leon let the thought simmer even as Pali looked at him with that dumb almost-smile with her teeth clamped over her lips.

At least he’d been able to throw the ridiculous question back on her, and he stubbornly stayed silent as she insisted that she’d asked first. Nope, he wasn’t falling into that trap. And in the end, Pali couldn’t even dignify his question with a verbal answer. Instead, she merely smirked and gave a shrug. A shrug.

Leon gaped for a moment at the non-answer, before a smirk of his own spread across his face. So, Pali wanted to play coy. “Knew it,” He intoned, his smirk widening on his features, before he turned away from Pali and back to his food. “It’s fine, Pali, you don’t gotta admit nothin’ if you don’t want to,” He added through a new mouthful of food. “So if Alex really makes you happy as you say…” Leon trailed off, giving Pali a shrug of his own before shoveling another bite of food into his mouth. And she could make of that what she would.

Pali Dotchev

Picking at the ends of her chips, Pali couldn't really think of much to say in return to what Leon was saying. 

For a moment, she turned on the bench to face him instead, much closer now. Tucking her knees to her chest, she tilted her head to the side, watching him very closely now. Still she didn't say anything, but for a few minutes she peered at him. Electric blue eyes, now calmed. Probably too calm as she stared at him. Smushing her face up just slightly, her head fell closer to her shoulder. It was a difficult situation in Pali's brain. Her emotions were surging again and she couldn't really work out how she felt. Or rather how she was supposed to feel. Sure she felt some things, she wasn't really sure she should be feeling. 

Eventually she spoke quietly. "I don't have anything to admit Leon." A wry smile took the place of her little pout. Leaning in to him some more, she was sure she was going to make him even more uncomfortable by getting too close. "Don't worry Leon. Your time will come...eventually."

Flashing him another smile, she turned, pushing herself up off the bench and walking off, leaving him alone with his chips. 

Margarleon Turpentine

Leon had thought Pali confused him before. Before, he hadn’t been able to understand her adoration for glitter or her abundance of cheerfulness. Now, though, he was perplexed in more ways than that. He’d come here to poke some fun at the girl, and now here he was, finding himself on the defensive as much as the offensive, being asked things like whether he was jealous. He was still reeling from that as Pali moved closer to him.

He had thought he’d regained control of himself, but Pali’s sudden invasion of his bubble for no reason whatsoever put him on edge. The hairs on his arms raised as she seemed to inch ever-so-slightly closer to him by the second. His instinct was to move away, but Leon steeled himself instead, not daring to flinch.

But then Pali said something that was more confounding than anything else she’d said yet. Your time will come. What did… why… WHAT? Leon turned to watch Pali retreating, jaw entirely agape as he watched her leave. “What the bloody flack…” Leon grumbled, confusion, with a hint of intrigue he would never admit to, flooding through his system.

-End-

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.