Kaleb Kennedy

The Grand Werewolf Plushie Giveaway!

Rosie Ferranti

"Bye Jaxon!" said Rosie, oblivious to the tension in the situation, knowing @Jaxon Sinclair only from that one time she had hugged him. 

He looked like he needed a hug again, or maybe his face always just looked that moody :c

Kaleb Kennedy

"Unbefitting of a Prefect, sure, but you're unbefitting of being a Hogwarts student," Kaleb spat at @Veronica Dursley. If she had an opinion, that was fine. But why did she think he cared to hear it? "Seriously, go waste your breath in the corner over there and leave me alone. Besides, there was more traffic in the Great Hall now and there were loads of questions.

First, one from @Adrina Althaus-Valerio. "Uhh, well they aren't werewolves so they won't transform. But they're meant to represent anyone that's been turned." He turned his attention to @Aggie Price before handing her one. "Here you go. Let me know if you name it!" he smiled before noticing a few more younger students.

Oh and their questions of course. "Hello," he smiled at @Jack Dare @Angelique Slater and @Rosie Ferranti. "So, like she said this is to show solidarity. No mockery here," he shook his head as he grabbed a couple of plushies. Once he had a decent group (of four or so) he put them into Rosie's outstretched hands. "Here you go. I can't give you 12 since we need to share the love, of course."

There was still some drama going on with Vernie and @Jaxon Sinclair and @Ryszard Althaus-Valerio but Kaleb wasn't invested anymore. He was sure they will teach Vernie a lesson.

"Anyone else want one?" he asked the Great Hall.

Jack Dare

"Even I don't understand what that was about," Jack muttered in reference to @Jaxon Sinclair's apparent insult.

Jack returned his gaze to @Angelique Slater who said the plushie booth was in support. If Angel thought something was good, It must me good. Angel was an Angel. Just as Jack had come to that conclusion the prefect confirmed it. Jack nodded then, satisfied that he stood with the right and the good. 

"I'd like one please. A greyish one perhaps?" 

Edited by Jack Dare

Rosie Ferranti

Four!! She had FOUR WHOLE plushies!!!!

"Thanks!!!!!!!" Rosie said to Kaleb with the biggest smile. "I'm going to love and cherish them and give them all names do they have names already oh if they do I'll make sure that they keep them because it would be rude to change their names are there are like rules on what to name werewolves?" she took a breath "because I know everyone has a normal name but some wolves have very suspicious names have you heard of Remus Lupin?"

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

And now they were fighting again?  Addy shook her head at the glare that @Jaxon Sinclair shot towards her brother and her jaw dropped slightly, ready to spill out something in protest at the arguing that was mounting again but why?  

If anyone was actually believing that fleas were filling the slytherin dorms they needed more help then she could give them.  

"You don't need to get me any..." She was fine to leave with Jack though, if that meant getting away from a fight before it could start and was about to make that point known when the gryffindor girl (why was it always the gryffindors?) kept right on talking and he was off again and before she knew it she was watching the blond hair stomp off towards the door without her.   

"You're the one who knows nothing.  Fleas?  Honestly... " Dark eyes rolled off towards the ceiling and she didn't even care about what the prefect had to say about the plushies anymore.  They weren't worth the trouble.   With a small smile tossed towards @Ryszard Althaus-Valerio, she abandoned the plushie stand.  

"Jack... wait!" 

Veronica Dursley

Ever since the attack, Veronica had been on the verge of trying to hide the fear of the monsters and the memories of what she could have been if it wasn't for her grandfather's intervention and pressing to get her to go to Pre-Hogwarts Primary and Hogwarts.

"Normalcy?"

She had a couple of tears rolling down her cheek, "Is it normal to want to suppress your magic because your father thinks you aren't a true and proper Dursley because you're magic? Is it normal to have been worried the past five years that I could have become an obscurial at any moment? I see family members that have become creatures with no control over what they'd do in their wolf form, and that isn't supposed to hit a nerve with me? I sometimes have wished that my life would've been normal and I wouldn't have been a witch, but here I am. A witch and seeing my family members having no control over what their lives are now? It's hard to see, it's hard to watch, and I know they didn't ask for it, but is it wrong for me to be afraid of being attacked by them while they don't know what they're doing? I don't think so."

Rosie Ferranti

There was a girl crying. 

Rosie turned abruptly from her interrogation of Kaleb Kennedy towards @Veronica Dursley and, with the best intentions in the world, held out one of the four new plushies she had just been gifted with and said, "Please don't cry. Here, have a plushie. Cuddling it will make you feel better, I promise."

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

With his roommate and sister already gone from the scene, Ryszard stared at @Veronica Dursley as she started monologuing about...something. There were tears, which were inherently worse than fleas, so he carefully inched away and closed in on @Kaleb Kennedy instead.

“I’ll take one,” he said to the Prefect, grinning and holding out a hand. “I can even pay you.” Ryszard was intent on using up all the money Samuel Valerio had given him before he was cut off — all the better if his purchases were werewolf related.

Kaleb Kennedy

Sympathy was not an emotion that Kaleb had for @Veronica Dursley, not especially when all she wanted to do was push everyone at Hogwarts away. Everyone that was just trying to be her friend. "You want sympathy? You came to the wrong booth," he deadpanned, rolling his eyes and making the choice to ignore her from now on. He probably wasn't earning any nice points but he was okay with that.

"Hi, yes you can have one," Kaleb smiled as @Josie Potter approached the booth. "And here's a gray one," Kaleb smiled, handing one to @Jack Dare. "And nice pick," he said to @Angelique Slater as she cuddled hers.

"No money needed nor accepted. Just, whenever you see the plushie, remember to be nice to any werewolves out there, okay?" he said at @Ryszard Althaus-Valerio, offering him a polite nod.

Now the influx of words from @Rosie Ferranti. "Uhh....yeah. No, they don't have names. Give them ones you think they'll like," he said, smiling at her enthusiasm.

"Anyone else want one? I'm beginning to run low so grab your plushie while you still can!" he called into the hall.

Rosie Ferranti

"I'll call this one Kaleb," said Rosie, indicating the ginger one. 

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

Ryszard decided he liked @Kaleb Kennedy.

He hadn’t even pulled out any money, so he just...stuffed his hand in his pocket, and picked up one of the plushies. “I promise,” he said, solemnly. “I live with one, and it’s not even as difficult as everyone makes it out to be.” He made a face, before nodding back at the Prefect and walking away.

The plushie would soon find its home on @Jaxon Sinclair‘s bed.

Jack Dare

"I applaud your initiative as well as your sentiment," Jack said to @Kaleb Kennedy. "And I hope you will attend the upcoming P.A.W. activity. I'm planning to call it 'Wolves Speak Out'. Time and venue to be announced."

As he turned around Jack witnessed @Rosie Ferranti's good deed in giving a plushie to a crying girl. "Nicely done," he said. 

Edited by Jack Dare

Rosie Ferranti

"Thanks," said Rosie. "I like your hair." She smiled at him. "I will name a plushie after you." She did not know his name. "The grey one."

Veronica Dursley

She used the plushie to dry her tears.

".....thanks?"

Phillip Aldermaston

Phillip grinned at @Kaleb Kennedy.   "Um, two please?"  One good turn desered another, after all.  "Umm....Row makes things so if you're running low, maybe she can help?"  Oh, right, the full name would probably be helpful.  "Um, I mean @Rowan Allard."  She had made a plushie for his little stepbrother, after all.

Jack Dare

"Why thank you," Jack said to @Rosie Ferrantifeeling suddenly self-conscious. Not knowing what else to say Jack reached into his book bag and brought out a flier. 

"Here. Why don't you take one?" Jack suggested.

Wolves Speak Out

An evening of understanding.

large.1480828971_WolvesTalk(smaller).jpg.84fc195e83fd4c4e87f601b4cd46d25b.jpg

Special guests will speak on what it's like to be a werewolf. 

Q & A to follow.

Refreshments will be served.

Time and Venue T.B.A.

Sponsored by P.A.W. (Pals and Allies of Werewolves)
For more information contact Jack Dare, founder

Edited by Jack Dare

Phillip Aldermaston

Phillip looked over at the little eaglet who had spoken up in the assembly - ( @Jack Dare)  "Oy, Ickle! Can I have one of those?"  After all, Phillip was the one who suggested it so he was hardly going to miss out on the meeting he wanted in the first place.

Jack Dare

"Why certainly," Jack said, remembering the older Hufflepuff boy from they assembly. He reached into his bag and pulled out a whole stack of fliers giving one to @Phillip Aldermaston. "I'm afraid I still don't have all the details ironed out--" (like time, place, and whether @Julian Pritchard and @Kay Wickham were going to agree to be his guest wolves) "--but I'll be sure to post an updated poster around the school as soon as I know."

Edited by Jack Dare

Alexander Crow

Alex avoided commotions in the Great Hall like a plague. Every time he gets the slightest whiff of it, the Ravenclaw turns around and runs the other way. Today, however, was a different sort of clamor. He moved closer to see what it was all about and squealed excitedly. "Ooh, plushies! May I have one please?" He spotted a snowy white one and pointed to it, looking at @Kaleb Kennedy pleadingly. "Maybe that one? I will name him Snowball and he'll be best friends with Pebbles... she's my Hippogriff plushie." 

He then spotted @Jack Dare handing an older student a flyer for the PAW meeting. Alex walked over and peered behind them. "Do you need anyone to bring cookies? I can make some. My Mum's recipe." 

Avery Potter

Avery's writer was now home from work. 

Avery wishes to have a plushie. 

As Avery stood in front of Kaleb - her eyes wide and full of hope - she knew that this would be a make or break action for him. If @Kaleb Kennedywas able to provide her with a plush, then the hufflepuff would like him once more. If not, then she would go and cry. Please don't make her cry?

Jack Dare

Handing out fliers was attracting attention. Another boy @Alexander Crow approached Jack with a generous offer.

"That sounds absolutely wonderful," Jack said. "Although I admit I had my heart set on making a recipe I found in a magazine. You see you take these chocolate pieces and you put them on the cookie dough like toes?" Jack tried to describe the effect with a vague hand gesture. "They come out looking like little paws. I thought that would be cute and appropriate. Though honestly after an unfortunate accident last term with a vegetable pie, I've learned I might not know as much in the kitchen as I think I do. Perhaps we could make cookies together? You could show me your mum's recipe, and I could show you the paw one and you could maybe help me figure out how hard it might be."

"If you're willing, that is," Jack added. Jack extended his hand formally. "I don't believe we've actually met," he said. "Jack Dare."

Edited by Jack Dare

Phillip Aldermaston

Yeah, Phillip was far too much of a stereotypical boy to do anything resembling girly cooking but the other boy had offered something so he felt compelled to offer things.  “Umm…ickle?  If carvings would be helpful, I can get that.  All I need is a block of wood and details of what statue you want.”    Hopefully, @Jack Dare would take him up on that.

Orpheus Midnight

Orpheus happened to be walking to the Great Hall because his stomach demanded it when the booth caught his attention, as did the drama. He paused to listen and watch and then smirked. Walking up to Kaleb and smirked a little. "Two, please. I'd like to have one find it's way to my cousin as well." Yes. He had to show his support and if he wanted to he could even practice his conditional transfiguration and instead of terrifying wolves, make it transfigure itself into a cuddling beast that licked away fears. Yes, this was a perfect idea for @Pandora Midnight!!!

Edited by Orpheus Midnight

Jack Dare

Jack had to divide his attention between the two older boys trying as best he could to be polite the way his grandmother had taught him. He was normally good with manners and knowing what to say, but he found the older Hufflepuff boy's offer challenging to know how to respond to.  @Phillip Aldermaston

"My! What an interesting and unique skill to have," Jack said. "Very impressive!" It was true, and Jack meant it, but he had also said it to stall, because as impressive as wood carving was, Jack wasn't sure how it could be of use to P.A.W. at their wolf talk. Cookies and other refreshments Jack did understand. People were attracted to them, they ate them, and then they were gone. Assuming this boy's carvings were attractive, then people would be attracted to them. Then what? Jack tried to think back to his etiquette lessons with his grandmother and whether anything she had ever taught him applied to situations such as these. Nothing immediately came to mind, but thinking about his grandmother helped unexpectedly. 

"My Grandmother Athena is a fund-raiser. She puts together galas for rich people to get them to donate their galleons for good causes like the symphony, Save the Snitch, or the Society for Distressed Witches. One of the things she often had there were these ice carvings on the buffet tables. I often found them the best part of having to go to those things--that and the crab puffs--in any case, is that the sort of thing you do? Something pretty that people will want to all go look at? They would have to be kindly peaceable wolves of course. Not savage ones. Well-medicated wolves, I suppose."

"Well, like these," Jack said, holding up his little grey plushy. "Lovable and non-threatening." That described most of the werewolves Jack knew.

Phillip Aldermaston

Phillip grinned at the praise and it wasn’t his normal shy half-smile (really a quarter smile but Phillip’s mouth shape meant he was always at least partly smiling)  but a huge ear-to-ear grin.  Yes, @Jack Dare, he could do that.

As for the ice carvings….well, he’d never thought of it that way.   “Huh.  Never thought of it that way but yeah,  they’re a bit like that only they don’t melt even without magic.”  And they could help with fundraising  “And….yeah, they’re for fundraising.”   Just a little more directly than the ice sculptures.  

And then Phillip put his head on one side and eyed the plushie – ok, he could do that.  Hmmm…a model would help.   “Mmm…doable.  A model would help though….maybe  @Professor Foster could help us there?   Well, not exactly Foster but…she could help to help.”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.