Kaleb Kennedy

The Grand Werewolf Plushie Giveaway!

Kaleb Kennedy

large.tgwpg.jpg.c37dd4a16584c75359d3fdf6bfc4c044.jpg

Kaleb fidgeted slightly as he finished setting everything up. Ever since the attacks, there had been a lot of animosity flying around the school. Some of it was directed towards the students that had unfortunately been turned, some of it was directed at THOSE students, some of it was directed at THOSE students, and the cycle kept going on and on.

In short: Hogwarts was a mess.

So he was helping this could do something to just calm everyone down. So he placed a sticky charm on the sign above his booth while laying out the plushies. "Come show your support for any and all werewolves living among us! Take one, they're free!" Kaleb called out to everyone. He held one aside just for @Avery Potter just in case all of the plushies were taken. He felt like he owed her that at the very least.

Prince A. Charming

Atticus stood to the side, wondering what the hell @Kaleb Kennedy was doing.

Veronica Dursley

Veronica walked over to the stand where Kaleb was handing out plushies.

She grabbed one and ripped its head off, "How dare you try to make them feel normal."

Julian Pritchard

Oh no. 

"Kaleb this is a really bad - " Julian stared, somewhat horrified, at the decapitated plushie. 

Kaleb Kennedy

There was obviously going to be trouble.

Pointing his wand at @Veronica Dursley, "Accio plushie!" he summoned, taking the plushie away from her, before doing a quick Repairing Charm on them. "Such a loud bark from someone with Dursley for a surname. Why don't you get going now, or would you rather I show you a different spell?" Kaleb glared at her.

Veronica Dursley

"Oh, you're threatening me?"

She glared at the prefect, "Why do you want those flea-ridden monstrosities to feel welcome, is it because you're hiding something, Kennedy?"

Jaxon Sinclair

Jack made it a point to stand as physically close to @Veronica Dursley as humanely possible.  "You know fleas can jump horizontally thirty-three centimeters.  You best write home and ask your mum for a dose of Advantix of your very own, Dursley."

Veronica Dursley

"You mean the mother who lied to me all of my life about being magic?"

She rolled her eyes, "Besides, I don't live with her anymore."

Edited by Veronica Dursley

Kaleb Kennedy

Kaleb looked around, feigning bewilderment. "Obviously that was a threat, Dursley," Kaleb glared before tossing the repaired plushie over to @Prince A. Charming.

"Why don't you do us a favor and spout your hatred into the corner over there. I'm sure the stone tiles would appreciate the nonsense you're babbling more than us," Kaleb shooed her away. #verniethetroll

"Here, have one," Kaleb offered to @Julian Pritchard who was standing nearby.

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

"What... exactly makes it a werewolf plushie?" Addy had been properly horrified at the show of decapitation but she still had questions.   If she took one, was she going to have to supervise it during the full moons?  (Honestly, she could probably go for that at the rate she normally spent those nights. )  

Edited by Adrina Althaus-Valerio

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

”He’s right, you know,” Ryszard said to @Veronica Dursley, not willing to let this opportunity go by even if it meant being this physically close to @Jaxon Sinclair. “I’ve seen the fleas in the dorms, and now they’re on you.”

Veronica Dursley

"Threats are unbecoming of a prefect, Kennedy, and I think you know that."

She eyed the two Slytherin and turned her attention to @Ryszard Althaus-Valerio, "Uh-huh, and wouldn't they be on you too, since you share the same dorm? I think you've got more to worry about than I do."

Prince A. Charming

He now had a werewolf plushie that had had its head ripped off and then repaired. He caught it out of the air and looked it. Maybe he'd keep it and give it to @Harmony Granger-Weasley if she didn't get one herself. If not, he could always gift it to his sister who felt bad about his situation.

Aggie Price

"Really," Aggie said as she watched @Kaleb Kennedy repair the plushie and give it to Atticus, "Sounded more like Kaleb was making a promise, not threatening to me.  I'll adopt one, Kaleb."

Harmony Granger-Weasley

Harmony came across yet again another group of students clamoring over something relating to werewolves. When was it going to end and everyone would just leave them alone? There was a pile of plushies in support of the werewolf students. It made Harmony scrunch her face up with disgust.

She found Atticus amongst the crowd, holding one of the strange plushes. 

"What in Merlin's name is going on here? I get that he's trying to help, but did anyone tell him that we wouldn't like it?"

🤦‍♀️

Edited by Harmony Granger-Weasley

Avery Potter

Although Averys writer was at work, the young hufflepuff wanted to force her to get a plushie. 

"PLUSHIEEEEEEEES"

Jaxon Sinclair

"Yeah, I totally keep tabs on the home lives of bigots," Jack drawled, rolling his eyes at @Veronica Dursley.  "I'd say I'm sorry 'bout your mum, but...I'm really not."  He paused, shrugging.  "And she's probably better off anyway.  You know, the whole 'my daughter is a bigot' can be a downer at parties."  He shouldered his bag and then shot a glare at @Ryszard Althaus-Valerio before gesturing to @Adrina Althaus-Valerio.  "Come on.  I'll get you a hippogriff plushie.  Much less controversial and dehumanizing."

Rosie Ferranti

"I'LL TAKE TWELVE!" announced Rosie. 

She did not, in fact, have enough in the way of arm span to take twelve but by GOLLY would she try. She held her arms out to @Kaleb Kennedy expectantly.

Jack Dare

Jack did a double-take when he saw the sign. For a moment he wondered if this booth was a P.A.W. counterfeit, but there was no word "P.A.W." There were merely paws. It wasn't as if he had a copyright on the image. Unless he could get a copyright on the image?

Seeing that the booth brought controversy (as these things seemed  to) it was important that he understood exactly what was going on in order to be on the correct side.

"Excuse me," he said as politely as he could. "Are the plushies meant to symbolically show fellowship and support for the werewolf community or is this some sort of ironic statement of mockery? It makes a difference you see."

Josie Potter

Josie was not far behind her cousin and mentor, @Avery Potter.  Of course, she was definitely right with Avery at the sight of Kaleb's sign.  "Yes!  PLUSHIES!"

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

”Eh, I’m not worried,” he said, inclining his head at @Veronica Dursley. “The fleas actually like me.” He grinned wide at the Gryffindor. He left out the fact that Ryszard would gladly take on @Jaxon Sinclair‘s fleas, and more. That was exactly the kind of talk that got him into trouble last time.

He ignored his roommate’s glare, ignored the weird feeling in his stomach, and considered the plushies on display. Maybe he could get some to decorate the dorms.

Veronica Dursley

"You know nothing, Jon Snow Sinclair," she rolled her eyes and spit in his general direction.

She knew what it was like to live with someone who hated you for what she was, but that wasn't the part that scared her about the werewolves that were now at Hogwarts. It was the fact that they could become a monster with no control, and she still wasn't ready to let that be known. Mainly, because she still feared what the man who turned out to be her grandpa told her when she wanted to suppress her magic: she could've been a monster with no control over how her magic would react.

"Nothing."

Rosie Ferranti

Rosie stared, somewhat confused, at @Jack Dare. She felt as if she knew all of the words he had said individually but the way he had put them together made little sense to her. Symbols? Fellowship? Irony? Mockery? It sounded like a serious question even if she didn't understand it and her brow furrowed, though she kept her arms held out to @Kaleb Kennedy for some plushies. 

Angelique Slater

Angel sidled up alongside @Jack Dare, eyeing the booth with the same skepticism, and nodded along with his question. She sincerely hoped it was a gesture of good will, because plushies were awesome.

"I mean he did say it was in support," Angel offered with a shrug. She didn't know this Prefect very well but he seemed a pretty agreeable sort, and the offer seemed genuine overall. Angel reached over to pluck a dark brown plushie from the display and hugged it close to her chest.

Jaxon Sinclair

"Aaaaaaaand I don't want to.  Not about you, at least."  He checked his watch absently.  "Anyway, carry on.  I've got better things to do than listen to the not-famous half of the Potter family cry about how unfair it is that they have to share their free education with less fortunate wizards."  He took a deep breath and shot her a wide, (dare we say) wolfish grin.  "Mmm can smell the privilege of normalcy on you.  Like roadkill in August.  Ciao."  

And with that, he walked away.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.