Sign in to follow this  
Headmistress McGonagall

Dinner

Miss Turner

No one had answered her so Paige got up and began checking the wards and enchantments anyway. She might as well make herself useful and she needed something to do. She was not the type who could sit around and do nothing. Once someone else was instructed to do that job, she started off to comfort students. Perhaps she would be more helpful at doing that as she had a very soothing voice and she could conjure plushies, books, and anything else that the students might want.

"It will be okay," she said, making her way over towards the GRYFFINDOR table. "Does anyone need anything?" she asked, holding her wand up. "A plushie, perhaps?" She waved her wand and a unicorn plushie appeared. "Do you want it?" she asked STUDENT, holding it out.

Miss Turner is soothing students and conjuring books, plushies, etc. that students might want at the moment. If you want to directly interact with her, please use @Miss Turner. Thank you.

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

”I am not going anywhere without you,” he said, latching onto @Jacqueline Frost, stomach already churning with anxiety as he listened around him. Ryszard wasn’t about to make the same mistake he’d made in November — he wasn’t.

Aurora Andrews

One minute Aurora was fighting to the death with a fork over her dessert and the next they were being required to stay in the room. It felt all too similar to what had happened in the past and it made the redhead drop the fork still in her hand. In a matter of seconds, her hands started to shake and her eyes focused on the reminder of that night on her right hand. Her eyes scanned for a glimpse of Julian in the crowd, she had to believe that the auror was right and the werewolves would be safe, her friend's safety was just as important as hers.

Speaking of...

"And you're not going anywhere okay??"

And with that, the redhead snagged an iron-tight grip on @Simon Reed's hand.

Behati Gadot

“Thank God they won’t be here to finish us all off,” Bee commented regarding the auror’s news. She didn’t know what was going on, but anything with less wolves was better.

It was a full moon, after all.

Salomé Schiferli

Salomé felt a sense of panic as the Auror came out. She couldn't help it, this wasn't good. Instantly she felt a sense of panic. She needed to get out of here, she had to get out of here. She was still holding on to @Dorian MacDermott's hand. She glanced around trying to find an exit. She wasn't sure if this was the safest place to be after last time. "We should try and leave." She whispered finally looking at Dorian and then over at @Ralph Digby Hamilton. Could they get out of here without being noticed? "We should go." She said tugging his hand and looking at Ralph. "Come on."

Edited by Salomé Schiferli

Ryan Dorland-Nece

"The werewolves are resisting! They want to attack us!" 

Jacqueline Frost

And just like that, Jack was stuck between following the people that had publicly acted out against her kind and used Unforgivables and ensuring that Ryszard got to safety. 

"Listen to me Ryszard Althaus-Valerio," she turned to face him and released herself from his grip, but her hands went to his face, ensuring he'd look at her while she spoke, "As soon as they let you leave, you get to safety. I'm not going with the bloody Aurors, but you're not staying here with me. You get to safety." 

Edited by Jacqueline Frost

Calliope Thorpe

Normally, the sight of @Richard Fowler, her hero, would've made Callie relieved (he'd been the blazing beacon of safety last time). She'd been writing him almost daily since, usually with mundane things, but he still responded, and she adored him. Now, however, his presence sent her whirling into a panic, because he confirmed something was wrong. She looked at Avalon again, eyes widening. The werewolves ( @Julian Banagher and @Jacqueline Frost, anyway, two names she recognized from posters) were refusing to go with Richard. Despite everything.

More panic zapped her.

After what happened last time, everyone knew how skilled, smart, and capable Richard Fowler was, so the fact that they were refusing to do what he said terrified her. Had becoming a werewolf made them bad people? Were they bad people anyway? Even if they weren't, by refusing, they were willingly putting others in danger.

She turned to @Avalon Edens, seeking reassurance. "Why won't they go with him? He's .. he's a hero, he'd never.. do you think.." She paused, sucking in a breath. "They know they could kill us and they wanna stay. Do you think they're not.. right, already?" 

Edited by Calliope Thorpe

Julian Pritchard

Julian breathed a sigh of relief at the auror’s announcement. He wasn’t exactly thrilled that they had to go with them, but he certainly wasn’t staying. And the sooner they got the werewolves relocated, the sooner they could figure out what was going on.

With a worried look at @Hazel Wheeler, he stood up. He wanted to reassure her before leaving, but he wasn’t sure what to say, so he gave her a small smile and a small wave and started walking towards the aurors. The walk felt strange. He was acutely aware that everyone in the Great Hall must be watching. It was a very distracting thought.

When he finally made it to the area where Professor Foster and the auror were, he hesitated for a moment before going to stand next to Jeramie, on the side opposite to where Kay was standing.

“Are you alright?” he muttered, and shifted awkwardly on his feet, turning to stare at the floor as he shoved his hands into his pockets. He was trying his hardest not to panic - not at the threat that they were supposed to know about, or at the fact that one of the Jacks and the other Julian had decided not to care about everyone else's safety. 

Edited by Julian Pritchard
uh... *adds more stuff*

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

The auror’s voice that broke into the hall was supposed to sound reassuring, but Addy looked to Jack for any sign that it was actually okay. 

Maybe if it had been @Julian Trice she might have felt better about it, at least that was someone he knew.  The man might not have been totally trustworthy but he was a familiar face and if they weren’t going to let her walk with him to the wing a familiar face was better then nothing.  

But it didn’t matter what she thought. 

Already she could hear the rising mutters of others around them, but @Jaxon Sinclair said nothing.  She squeezed his fingers tighter and wrinkles dug in deeper between her eyes.  

Whatever he thought about any of it, she would stand behind.  “I don’t want to stay here without you, but I know that you can’t stay... and I don’t want you to go either.”  She spoke softly, sadly.  “I think Foster will keep you safe.”  

She hoped, anyway, because she had to.  

Harmony Granger-Weasley

Harmony felt her stomach drop out from under her when Professor McGonagall and the Auror announced that there was an attack imminent. She felt like she was actually going to lose the contents of her stomach. She turned to Atticus and looked at him when he grabbed her hand. She hoped that it would be okay. It had to be. The Aurors were here, they were on time. 

"I hope everything will be alright." She said, as they walked towards the werewolf group. She didn't even want to think about what was going to happen. The thought made her feel more gross. 

"Ugh I think I'm going to be sick." She turned away from Atticus, but Harmony then accidentally lost the meager contents of her stomach near @Ryan Buratsche

"SORRY, IT'S THE WOLFSBANE THAT MAKES ME FEEL BAD. AN ACCIDENT, I SWEAR. GOTTA RUN." 

Harmony then pulled Atticus further away to avoid any more embarrassment. This was the worst day ever. 

Edited by Harmony Granger-Weasley

Avalon Edens

Though @Richard Fowler had once saved her life, and though she had cried, touched, when he had owled her over the Christmas holiday, seeing him now caused a violent panic to erupt within Avalon. Her heart slammed against her ribs, her hands trembled, and dizziness overtook her. The world warped – her eyes honed in on the scars on his face, scars that had not been there when he had rescued her – all she could remember was the dark, the blood, the pain –

She was back there, back to that night.

Avalon took in a shuddering breath. @Calliope Thorpe's head was on her shoulder, but she hardly even felt it. Her breaths were short, shallow, panicked, her eyes glassy.

If an auror was at Hogwarts, something was wrong. Not that someone had set off a portable swamp in the Entrance Hall, as she'd been trying to convince herself, but... dangerously wrong. And he said there had been a threat, and now there were werewolves saying they didn't want to leave – but god, they couldn't stay, why the hell would they want to stay –

She turned to Callie, eyes wide. "No. I don't think – it doesn't work like that. They're just... I don't know."

She didn't know. 

It was everything she had dreaded.

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

The thought of letting go of Jack had panic creeping up his throat, almost making him throw up. It was reminiscent of the day when he’d seen his names flying on the banners above the Quidditch Pitch, and Ryszard would have thrown a glance in @Jaxon Sinclair‘s direction to make sure he was okay and still there, but Ryszard didn’t think he could handle that right now.

“Jack,” he said, almost pleading. “Do you really think I’m going to let you go? After everything that’s happened? They could kill you,” he added, through gritted teeth. “I’ll be fine as long as I know you are.”

Prince A. Charming

Clearly, he had been right to worry. He looked into Harmony's eyes and saw that she knew it too. He didn't like this. He didn't like it all. But, at least the aurors were there this time before anything happened. They stood up and he kept hold of her hand. They stopped moving when she said she didn't feel well and then... she puked on and around @Ryan Buratsche of all people. He knew that such an accident would not be seen as an accident in that particular kid's mind so he hurried off with Harmony when she dragged him away.

He looked back, once, at the seventh year and cringed a little bit. He did feel bad for the Gryffindor but not bad enough, really. The boy had been awful to them for months. Maybe he was getting what he deserved. No, no, he cautioned himself. And eye for an eye never worked. There were other ways to deal with such problems. He turned back to the small group that was forming of werewolves and sighed when he heard that the others weren't willing to comply. They were making this harder than it needed to be.

Jaxon Sinclair

He could feel a pit in the bottom of his stomach, sinking like lead, keeping him from movement beyond the turn of his head to the man at the front of the room—an Auror.  His mouth went dry for a moment and he remembered @Julian Trice meeting with him in Hogsmeade.  The discussion they'd had, Julian's shock and frustration over the things going on at school, but this man wasn't Julian.  Honestly (and surprisingly) he might have felt better if it was.  

Julian had, at least, apologized when the department hadn't.  He'd owned what it was—a mistake.  A horrible, tragic, gut-wrenching mistake and an apology meant that he understood how wrong it had been in retrospect—wrong to tell a child that he'd kill him, maybe wrong to kill at all.  Jack, though he couldn't completely forgive him yet, was working toward it, and he would have given quite a lot to see his uncle at the front of the room.  Others, of course, would have been less pleased.

This man, however, was still just an Auror.  Not much better than a hired thug permitted to commit atrocious, literally unforgivable acts against a marginalized group of the population.  They'd been given full sanction from the Minister of Magic and Jack's own father had been formally investigated for openly disagreeing with the decision.  Evidently, as a member of law enforcement, he was meant to shut his mouth, nod, and agree, and Jack couldn't help but wonder if they all acted like that.

The Slytherin swallowed hard, fingers sliding under the table to grip the hand of @Adrina Althaus-Valerio.  He could feel his breath coming in short, sucking gasps and the rush of whispers that spread over the room as Jack Frost and @Julian Banagher both adamantly refused to leave with Aurors.

And why should they go?  Why should they trust any of them when they'd been given permission to torture and kill?  When they hadn't even had the spine to admit that the use of such magic was wrong?

It was @Professor Foster's voice who jerked Jack from his stupor and he stood, limbs wooden.  He could almost feel his joints grate in rebellion.  In the back of his head, a voice screamed that this was a bad idea.  He should have broken the windows and run.  This...this felt like being herded in a group of cattle.  Singled out.  Selected for slaughter.

"No," he managed through his teeth.  "No, I'm not going anywhere with them.  They were given full sanction to kill and torture werewolves.  Why would any of us agree to go with them?"  He stood up, fingers slipping free of hers, fists balled up so his knuckles were white beneath the gloves.  

Jack swallowed hard.  "You should get away from me, Addy," he told her, taking a few steps back toward @Jacqueline Frost.  "You're probably not going to want to see this."  Whether this was him being forcibly removed or turning into a bloodthirsty monster was yet to be seen.

Richard Fowler

Richard’s eye twitched but otherwise, he kept his face stoic. Not only was he an auror used to dealing with panicked masses, he was a father of four and grandfather of five. Not only that, he went to Hogwarts three years under Harry Bloody Potter so his Hogwarts experience was no walk in the park, either. With all that in mind, Richard understood kids all too well.

He raised an eyebrow challengingly at this Peggy whom he knew to be the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. Hopefully she was just being a pain in his arse rather than the psychopaths, frauds, and criminals of his days in Hogwarts. “By all means, your presence is welcomed, Professor. 

Richard wasn’t surprised when both the werewolves and non-werewolves started refusing to follow his orders. He understood his colleagues didn’t make the best impressions on them.

He could sympathize.

But he could not and would not oblige by their refusals and resistance. 

“To those students who are following our instructions, I thank you for your cooperation. I promise you you will be safe under my watch. " To the rest, he addressed "I can understand friends not wanting to be separated and that you may all not trust aurors…” Richard counted to five in his own mind, forcing himself to remain calm. “But I hope you trust your Headmistress McGonagall,” his former Deputy Headmistress and Transfiguration professor, a woman who looked out for students back in the 90's and he knew was doing the same now “and your professors. If you don’t trust us, trust them. But, my instructions were not a request. We need to move. Now.”

His tone made it clear he would not budge. He spared a glance, and small tweak of his lip aka a large smile for him in these circumstance, to the two girls he spotted and saved during the November attacks (see, he wasn't a total heartless monster.) Richard turned his attention to Foster. “Professor, your help would be appreciated."

—— 

From this point on, all werewolf students please post IN THIS THREAD. The rest of you, feel free to react to everything here. But for now, Richard is out.

Katherine Braelin-VonHaus

"THEY AREN'T GOING TO ATTACK YOU!" Kate said, standing up, bristling and glaring at @Ryan Buratsche. "Why would they trust the Aurors after what they did?! I don't trust them, either!"

Behati Gadot

Behati agreed with @Ryan Buratsche. “You’re right!” She told the older boy. She was gathered around him and other likeminded people. Plus, with the auror’s presence, there wasn’t anything the werewolves could do in retaliation. Not if they didn’t wanna be put down like the rabid dogs they were.

“They’re purposely choosing not to leave. They want to attack all of us!”

Edited by Behati Gadot

Professor Foster

Peggy's wand was out (In case that's not obvious.) and she hadn't taken her eyes off Richard Fowler as she strode toward the doors.

"Mr. Banagher. Miss Frost. Mr. Sinclair. All of you."

Peggy's voice was calm (Scarily calm) but firm.

"You wolves are with me now. We've got an appointment to keep upstairs. There are five badarse dueling officiators waiting to join us outside of the hospital wing doors. Just like always*. They are probably wondering where we are. So let's not make a fuss and make this gentleman of the law feel the need to get all.... forceful."

"No one wants to see the two of us--" she continued, still not looking away "--get all forceful."

(*At least I think so. they haven't all returned my PM, but even Peggy hasn't been doing this alone all this time._

Katherine Braelin-VonHaus

"STOP CALLING THEM WOLVES!" Kate shouted at @Professor Foster. "THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS, AND DON'T DESERVE TO BE THOUGHT OF AS LESS THAN THAT!" Kate was shaking with rage as she glared at all the adults in the room.

Aster Darling

Aster didn't like how this was going down. She glared at @Professor Foster. Like Kate she didn't like the way she was talking about her friends. "You can't treat them like that." She said taking a deep breath and shaking her head. "Why can't we just walk with them?"

Idina Iordanau

An Auror. Praise Merlin. As instructions were handed out to get the werewolves out (please and thank you), Idina rolled her eyes hard and let out the most exasperated sigh she could manage when several students objected to being anywhere near an Auror. Lazily, Idina aimed her wand in the general direction of the small group of werewolves. "Incarcerous."

Whoever she hit, she hit.

And hit she did. A Gryffindor boy she didn't know got wrapped up in her ropes quickly. He hadn't been protesting, but it was close enough to getting the point across for the Slytherin.

@Prince A. Charming has been hit with Idina's incarcerous spell (with permission of courrse). Oh well. ❤️

Edited by Idina Iordanau

Richard Fowler

OOC: To clear up the confusion, the thread I linked is still currently taking place in the Great Hall. All werewolves, and @Professor Foster, please post in there to continue your reactions. All other characters may continue to post in here. This is for management sake.  In that thread I linked, we will be eventually moving into the Hospital Wing... One. Way. Or. Another.

Aster Darling

Aster shrieked as @Idina Iordanau sent a spell towards Atticus. While she and the boy weren't friends he did nothing wrong. Charging at the girl, Aster shoved her. "HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU!" 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.