Sign in to follow this  
Headmistress McGonagall

Dinner

Idina Iordanau

Was it too much to ask for a return to pre-attack Hogwarts for the general student body? Idina grimaced as she heard the tell-tale beeping coming from what she was certain had to be @Dove Lightwood‘s robes. She didn’t see a particular need for the bloody pins; Trudy Veritas, she’d heard, had seen to that. The Slytherin’s stomach churned as she ignored the now-appearing desserts in favor of slipping her wand loose from its holster in her sleeve.

Something was just odd tonight.

”I have a feeling I know what it bloody well is, Dove,” Idina muttered, “and if it beeps for much longer my headache may just be the excuse I need to take five points for possession of banned items. The sooner we’re permitted to go back to the common room before curfew the better, I want to get away from this bloody death trap of a dining hall.”

Not that that was any better. Studying and keeping an eye on all the younger students was not how Idina defined a relaxing night in.

Edited by Idina Iordanau
Blah stop raining on Idina’s moody parade Mcgeegee

Orpheus Midnight

Orpheus pulled some bread pudding towards him and took a bite out of it sighing softly as the beeping that was coming from various places inside the hall. Hadn't it been stated that those bloody pins were banned? Did no one listen? And what did they need the pins for anyway? Everyone had been outed on that damned radio show so just why?

He did his best to try and block it out as he took another bite of his pudding.

Jacqueline Frost

Sometimes Jack wondered which of the AV twins was more prone to dramatics: if Addy who cried at everything or Ryszard who barely gave her the time to grab the cupcake platter before dragging her further down the table as other people started arriving for dinner. Wow dinner already?! 

Jack had lost track of time. 

"Okay here's what we're gonna do," Jack pushed the cupcake platter towards Ryszard and made her way over to his side of the table and plopped down besides him to obstruct the view of a certain Slytherin  and his girlfriend. 

"You'll thank me eventually."

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

As soon as Ryszard caught sight of his sister, he grabbed Jack and dragged her away from their spot on their table, without even shooting a second glance at @Jaxon Sinclair. The happy couple could have their dinner, and he would share cupcakes with the best person at that table — the only one that seemed to care about him.

He watched, then, as Jack moved the cupcakes tray around, before sitting herself between Ryszard and the terrible view behind him.

In that moment, Ryszard would have died for @Jacqueline Frost😭

Nox Bordelon

Nox had been eating with @Maggie Sinclair for...well, it had to be near three years by then, and that evening was no different in any way save for the time that McGonagall had chosen to have dinner brought up by the house elves.  They'd been in the library prior to that, deep in a discussion about those wretched, historically horrifying pins that Picardy had been selling in the Daily Prophet.  

They could be heard beeping everywhere.

Except the library.

However, going down to the Great Hall meant that their sanctum was interrupted and he could hear several people wearing the damn things in different parts of the hall.  "Didn't McG ban those miserable things?" he grumbled, plucking at a pile of steamed vegetables.  "You'd think they would be enforcing it."

Professor Foster

Peggy had spent the day resting in preparation for what would be a long night guarding the hospital wing. Dinner would be her first meal of the day, and she arrived late after having taken Lawrence for his walk and gotten him settled back in her quarters.

"Hope I haven't missed pudding," she said as she slipped into her seat at the high table. A shot of double espresso appeared next to her place setting and she downed it quickly. It was replaced with a large thermos of builder's tea, very strong, very black. You got to love house elves, she thought. They had her full moon schedule all figured out.

She'd only been minutes in her seat when she heard the beeping. "Bloody things," she murmured. "Is someone else going to get that?"

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

After losing the last game, it had felt important that they (at least all those willing and able) take some time to work on as much as they could whenever they could and so Addy hadn't argued at the suggestion of spending some extra time on the pitch.  She had felt absoltely horrified at the idea of rushing into dinner still sweaty and probably not as cookie-smelling as she might've usually been despite having changed in a rush and sprayed on something she snatched off of @Pandora Midnight's dresser shelf.  

Her hair was a bit of a mess, the braid pulled off to the side and fraying and her cheeks flushed because she'd run the whole way up from the dungeons but at least she'd made it and pulled a breathless smile @Jaxon Sinclair when his hand reached for hers.  

If she'd stopped to dwell on it, she might've wondered why he didn't want to sit with Jack and Ry, but she didn't mind sitting alone with him either.  The evening would soon tear them apart in the worst of ways anyway and the feeling wasn't something she wanted to think about yet.  So she slid into the seat beside him and picked at the food in front of her.  "We didn't have everyone, but that's okay.  Any practice at all is good considering how last game went."  She cringed, she didn't really want to think about the last game either.   

"What have you been up to?" 

Fenella Campbell

Dinner was over and Fenella was waiting for dessert to appear. She had found a seat somewhere in the middle of the table but sat next to her was a bag full of containers. Every week mum and Granny sent her snacks in these containers and usually the first year would send them back, but she’d been saving them for the plan.

And tonight the plan was ready! She had enough containers and she was sure everyone else was too worried about the full moon to pay much attention to her. As the food appeared she began to fill each container with something different. Later on back in the common room she would put them out for her fellow Hufflepuffs to share while they were all in lock down. 

Juan Garcia

Juan bolted into the Great Hall, eyes wide, looking around frazzled for someone, anyone, that might've heard what he had. He felt his heart pounding in his ears. Everything looked normal. Dinner was early, as expected on today, and everyone just seemed... mellow.

He had to find someone that knew what he did. Heard it at least. For all he knew it was fake, but given how things were progressing this year... Juan was terrified to think otherwise. Best not to let the masses know though. He didn't need to panic everyone and then have everything turn out to be an absolute lie.

He stared at the closest first year, @Fenella Campbell, just piling up on food. Smart kid... "You know you uh..." he coughed out, having lost his breath on his way to the great hall, "Sleep right next to the kitchens right?" Yes good. Casual convo. Nothing was up...

Aster Darling

Aster noticed @Fenella Campbell had containers and was piling on food. That was brilliant! Sliding up beside her friend, she eyed @Juan Garcia nervously before speaking. "That's a brilliant idea! Can I have one?!" 

Professor Fjord

It was an early night for dinner. Kirsi knew full well that the full moon was coming, and that all the students had to be in their common rooms or the Hospital Wing before sundown. Looking at her Gryffindor table, she thought she could hear faint beeping noises, but alas she couldn't exactly pinpoint where they were coming from, or if there even was beeping noises since her spot was so far away from the table. 

For now, it was time to eat dessert and focus on making sure the students didn't start another food fight. Seriously, were they five? Hopefully they would all get along for the last few moments of dinner that night so that she could get on with her evening, protecting her students in the common room. Just then, her colleague, Professor Foster arrived late, and asked if she was late for the pudding.

"You're in luck, dessert just started." She responded. "I thought I heard some beeping from out there, though I'm not sure where it's coming from. I can find them this time." 

Edited by Professor Fjord

Fenella Campbell

Uh-oh busted! Usually she liked to just sink in to the crowd not drawing attention to herself, and usually she was very good at it. Perhaps it was because everyone was so on edge with it being the full moon and all that people were paying more attention than usual.

”Yes but I can’t get to the kitchen during lockdown, can I?” She replied to the older boy ( @Juan Garcia) in a matter-of-fact kind of way. “Here, you can have a container for yourself if you like,” she added, handing him one.

She had to laugh though when @Aster Darling came wanting one too. Aster was very good at sharing Fenella’s snacks! “Of course you can Aster! Here, fill her up!” and she handed the little Gryffindor a container of her own.

Kay Wickham

Kay was full of energy as usual, though there was something off about the quality of it on nights like these. 'Nights like these' being those evenings her bones rearranged themselves into something approximating canine, and her skin roughened into bristly fur and her teeth--

--well, her teeth pretty much stayed the same, she figured, tearing into her dinner with a predator's chomp. She chewed, mouth comically full as her friend requested one of her meat bars. Given that she was about to transform into a ravenous wolf, Kay had made sure to fill her belly with as much food as possible even before dinner. Despite how the wolfsbane dampened her appetite, she needed to minimize the risk of her getting hungry later on, just in case.

"Sorry, Robin," she said, speaking from the corner of her mouth to hide as much of what remained between her teeth as possible. "I ate 'em all already. Had to fill up." The disappointment in his expression struck the heart of her, and she swallowed the rest of her meal before standing. "I can go run and get you some, though! There's still a little time left before dinner's over--" before sundown "--and I love a good race against the clock." Kay flexed and stretched her legs and gave her best friend a confident grin. "No worries."

Professor Foster

Peggy nodded to acknowledge that she'd heard Kirsi, but her eyes were still trained into the hall and her head was cocked trying to discern the direction the beeping was coming from. Unfortunately there was no separating it from the ambient sounds of the students so she turned her attention to her dinner companion.

"Werewolf detectors," she scoffed. "More like idiot detectors. You can tell who they are from their constant beeping."

She shook her head and sighed, forcing a small smile for Kirsi. "I assume you have Gryffindor ready for the night. How many other professors will be guarding with you?"

Prometheus Saintcross

After being partially responsible for inciting a food fight that had even resulted in the criminally pure @Jack Dare misbehaving with a bowl of marmalade, Prom had decided it was probably best if he steered clear of meals at the house table for a bit. Tonight his object had been to fill a bag full of rolls and leave, but he needed to get someone else to leave early with him; there were way too many professorly eyes for him to buck the buddy rule at present.

Aster Darling

Aster grinned at @Fenella Campbell, happy that the girl gave her a container. "You know, Jessica doesn't approve of these things, but I think it is quite handy." She admitted. Jessica didn't think that plastic was good for the environment, but there was something really nice about having food all day, she was looking forward to that.

Taking the container from her, Aster began stuffing it with food. While she wasn't hungry now she was going to e hungry later, so obviously having food was vital. "Where did you get these?? This is fantastic." 

Professor Fjord

"Mmhmm. And the bloody things don't work, they beep all the time. Not the best thought out prank. Those students wasted their galleons for a scam." She shook her head. She wished that she could pinpoint where exactly they were coming from so she could properly punish those who did waste their galleons on such an unimportant item rather than real pranks or sweets. Seriously, these children needed to have a childhood, not be worrying about tracking werewolves that they already knew were werewolves. 

"Gryffindor is ready, I have the common room set with snacks, a wireless for music, games and a quiet area for those who wish to study instead. I think I'll have two other professors with me tonight to guard the common room. That should be enough." 

Edited by Professor Fjord

Jack Dare

As a result of Jack's foray into criminality, he was now nervous during meals (and most times). Tonight he chose to sit as close as possible to Julian and Simon. He wasn't worried about having a buddy, since every Ravenclaw would have to report to the tower as soon as pudding was over.

Jeramie Slater

Jeramie sat on his chair staring down blankly at his food and stabbing it repeatedly with his fork. He left his steak with very many holes, but no bites. Jer always felt sick the night of his transformations, and he didn't think it was because of the yucky potions. It hurt, it was lonely, and there was always the dread of something going horribly wrong. The potion not working, the locks of their rooms coming loose, somebody coming into their room by accident. The list went on and on. But all he could do was sit there and wait to be ushered off to the hospital wing hoping that Angel would be safe in her room until morning. 

Would they ever shut up with that beeping? 

Professor Foster

"Three of you, huh?" Peggy mused on this, thinking that if one was the saboteur that the other two ought to be able to take him (or her) down. It was her own house so she felt responsible, but her place was guarding the wolves. "Yeah, three seems like a good number as long as no one opens the door before dawn," she said. "You'll make sure the fat lady understands, yeah?"

She had to be careful not to lecture her Head of House, but Peggy had been in a very bossy mood lately, and it was difficult not to overstep. Frankly she couldn't quite get the imperious curse out of her head lately. It had been two years since she taught that lesson, but the desire still came to her from time to time. Everything would be so much easier of everyone just did what they were supposed to. Peggy shuddered, and helped herself to some Banoffee pie. A mug of cafe Americano appeared next to her plate.

"I'm actually not sure if all of us will be at the wing," she said. "Enough of us will be, I'm sure." (Considering it was the baddest arses in the school.) "But apparently that new guy, Lahey, he didn't feel as if patrolling Hogwarts during a full moon should be his job."

"Tosser," she added, under her breath. She didn't trust the new guy. She didn't trust any of the old guys either.

Edited by Professor Foster

Pine Tree

Pine was trying to eat before he had to go the Hosptial Wing. He was sick though, the potion wasn’t the best thing in the world. Maybe he should just leave the great hall and head there now. But he didn’t see the others leave yet so he sat there till someone else left, he wasn’t going to be the first to get up. 

Katherine Braelin-VonHaus

Katherine was sitting in the Great Hall, next to @Julian Banagher and looked at him curiously. "Sucks that you have to go after this," she mumbled to him, "but I promise, I will bring you hot chocolate in the morning." And she would never stop bringing him hot chocolate.

When she heard some stupid beeping, and scoffed. "Next one I find of those damn pins is going to get burned."

Maggie Sinclair

Of course they weren’t going to goddamn ban the things. @Nox Bordelon had to know that, especially with the way the school term had started out. So far, she’d had 8 detentions surrounding her inability to let witches talk that shizz without getting hit. Maggie didn’t mind it so much, even though it did tend to cut into her owl study blocks, her daily check-in with Jack, and whatever time she could squeeze in between attempts to firebomb Behati Gadot to smooch her boyfriend.

With the latest little gadget on the market, Maggie found McG’s advisement to keep her hands to herself a day late and a dollar short, as was her goddamn patience on the matter of students who couldn’t help their ailment, being subjected to disenfranchisement at this level. “You know this hell school does nothing until it’s too late to have a plan in place. Even when it's a clear love letter to Third Reich d-baggery.” She muttered, scowling at her own plate piled high with mashed potatoes and little pieces of porkchop that she’d cut up and sprinkled over the lot like so much garnish.

“A student, probably one of those who are screaming that Jack is dangerous would have to legit drop dead in full view of  everyone for the school board to do something about any of it, and that flacking sucks.” She snapped, stabbing her fork into her little mountain of noms before shoveling it into her face, cheeks bulging comically.

Elegance, thy name is Maggie.

”As does the fact that say, Behati dying would be turned into ‘some innocent bystander who really loved life was cut down in her prime’ and not the truth of the matter.” She told her boyfriend, as she snatched up another porkchop to wave in his face, bits of oil and seasoning flicking along the table. “Which is Gadot, and her merry band of bigots probably had it coming, and are worrying about the wrong set of jaws out here.”  Maggie tore into her porkchop. 

Edited by Maggie Sinclair

Juan Garcia

@Fenella Campbell handed him a container and a part of him wanted to scream and throw it at her. "Thanks kids," he said, grabbing some food for himself and basically whoever else would want it back in the common room... If they went back. He couldn't just pretend like he hadn't heard there was gonna be an attack. He couldn't pretend like he was fine with trying to not alarm. Where were the professors? He had to let SOMEONE know. But... he was so out of breath. And so light-headed...

Phillip Aldermaston

Phillip had sent off for the things but he hadn’t actually bought them downstairs or in the library – they were there to have a tinker with so that no-one took them seriously.    Not that they’d be much use to him at this moment, anyway.

So rather than actually eating much (he did take a few bites but not many), he resorted to just pushing his food around on his plate.  Though he did drink and then, Phillip shook his head slightly at the desert and proceeded to leave the hall to go downstairs to the basement.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.