Jacqueline Frost

reacting to this

There really wasn't any valid reason (other than procrastination) as to why there was a Wireless on the table when they were supposed to be working on essays and assignments that were due soon. Of course, the one thing that would be on right now was Trudy's rubbish new show.

Jack still couldn't believe the hag had been freed from prison.

"That witch seriously has some nerve," Jack grumbled, taking a bite of her cupcake and accidentally getting frosting on the assignment she was meant to be doing. "Are you going to call again and claim Jaxon Sinclair is dangerous?" She smirked, crumpling up the essay and retrieving a blank parchment. 

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

Somehow, justice would not be served.

Ryszard swore under his breath as Trudy’s voiced leaked out of the radio, and he rolled his eyes at it, trying to concentrate on the essay he was writing. It was no use, of course — Jack had managed to capture his attention better than any piece of parchment could. Besides, she had cupcakes.

”Why? Are you going to hit me with the Furby if I do?” He asked, eyebrows raised, almost as if in challenge. He had absolutely no intentions of repeating his previous actions, but it was always fun to goad and poke and prod.

Jacqueline Frost

Jack nearly choked on her cupcake.

"Who knows?" she shrugged, reaching for her two-way mirror and pushing it towards Ryszard. "Do you want to find out?" If the Slytherin wanted to extend a challenge, she wasn't going to be the kind to back down. "Maybe if you're as Extra™ and rich kid cliche as the last time. Besides, getting hit by a Furby isn't that bad, your sister lived to tell the tale." 

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

”...Who does that reach?” He asked, as Jack handed him the mirror, and he handed her a goblet full of water (yes, he had noticed her choking). “And one of these days you need to tell me why you hit Addy with the Furby. That sounds...frightening.”

Ryszard looked down at the mirror, before looking up at Jack again. “You know what would be better?” He asked, before quickly changing his mind and pressing his lips together. “Actually, never mind.” He reached for a cupcake.

Jacqueline Frost

There were a few things Jack could have said regarding @Adrina Althaus-Valerio and the Furby incident, all ranging from the obvious truth and dramatic alternative facts but she was going to settle with something that would definitely get a reaction out of Ryszard. "Ask your boyfriend," she grinned, winking, grateful that their conversation was able to tune out the pterodactyl-like screeching and the victim complex of Trudy Veritas from the Wireless. 

"No, no. You can't just ask something and then completely change your mind, I want to know. Tell me," she insisted, batting his hand away from the cupcake. "Or I'll call Jaxon right now and ask him what he'd do if you were to call the talk show again." 

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

Ryszard turned bright red at the word ‘boyfriend’ used in relation to @Jaxon Sinclair, and he looked away from the girl sitting in front of him. He pushed the mirror back in the same direction she’d slid it towards him, as discreetly as possible.

“What would he do?” He asked, genuinely curious now, as Ryszard ignored Jack’s demand to know what had been on his mind just a second ago. It was useless to ask, of course: there was only one thing — or rather, person — on his mind, lately.

He really wanted that cupcake.

Jacqueline Frost

"What wouldn't he do?" Jack was unable to keep the grin off her face as she continued teasing her friend about his crush on his sister's boyfriend (yeah you read that correctly). "If you were lucky..." She let that thought hang mostly because the alternative comment would have been in real life or in your dreams and frankly both were equally awful.

As awful as the garbage spewed by Trudy.

And that was enough for the grin to fade and for Jack to exert unnecessary force on the sharpie she wrote with until the tip broke. "Maybe if wizards stopped trying to hunt down werewolves, the werewolves wouldn't feel like hunting down humans," she uttered through gritted teeth. Why were they even listening to this trash?

Jack caved and gave Ryszard a cupcake. 

Edited by Jacqueline Frost

Jaxon Sinclair

Jack had been (mostly) minding his own business, hanging out in his own space, writing an essay that was due the next day, when a few meters away Jacqueline Frost decided to turn the radio on.  He recognized the voice immediately, of course.  It was hard to forget a woman that plagued your nightmares.  

The Slytherin perked up, eyeing them both suspiciously.  Them and their enormous tray of cupcakes while they prattled on about...

Hold on.  About him?!

Jack's nose wrinkled and he got to his feet, determined to flip this back onto at least one of them.  His grimace turned quickly to a grin as he walked up behind Ryszard, leaned in close to his ear, and answered his query.  "I would break your bloody jaw again."

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

”Oh, piss off, Frost,” he said, throwing cupcake crumbs at her. It was no use pretending he was even focusing on his essay, as the words continued to tinge his cheeks with pink. It wasn’t the answer he’d been expecting — an admonishment, something more violent than just getting his hopes up.

He wasn’t quite that dumb.

Ryszard held on to the cupcake like a lifeline, before turning to Jack. “I don’t get it,” he replied. “It’s not like we-“ The rest of his words were cut off as he almost choked on the cupcake he had just bitten into. His heart was beating fast, and really, this wasn’t good for his health. He felt, rather than heard, Jaxon’s voice against his ear, his proximity setting fire to his insides in an instant. He hated it, especially when he seriously considered letting his roommate break his jaw again.

“Jaxon,” he hissed, one hand already gripping at his roommate’s sleeve to keep him there. “Are you trying to kill me?”

Jacqueline Frost

"Aww, but then you'd be bored without meeeee," Jack teased, throwing some of the crumbs back at Ryszard. "Waste of a good cupcake. That's the last time I share my food with you," she huffed, but it was impossible to pretend she was truly bothered or angry by the Slytherin. At this point Ryszard would have to do a lot more than throw cupcake crumbs at her to face her wrath.

Jack Sinclair's appearance startled her as well, but that was nothing compared to Ryszard's reaction. Ryszard who looked like he was three seconds from combusting. For a moment, Jack debated whether she needed to kick him to get him to find some chill to not make it obvious that they were in fact, talking about Sinclair.

Had they said his name three times that the Beetlejuice effect took place?

"Jack," she greeted, "What brings you to this part of the Great Hall? Anything...one..." A twin "... in particular?" 

Jaxon Sinclair

Jack was beginning to think that all the jokes about Ryszard actually having a crush on him were...maybe a little bit true.  It had something to do with the staring, the flirting, and the way he startled like a deer in headlights when Jack suddenly appeared behind him, latching onto his arm like a poor lost lamb.

Sweet baby Merlin, that was going to be problematic.

Nothing to be done about it though.  Not really.  Not like breaking his jaw again would actually fix anything.  Sad Rich Boy seemed to like it too much.  What was that saying?  Any attention is good attention when you're starved for it?

"I enjoy making Ryszard as uncomfortable as possible," he answered with a shrug.  "I think he likes it."  He turned, expression sweet, to the other Slytherin.  "Don't you?"

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

”You’re right,” he replied, grinning. Jack could never stay mad at him for too long — and he would have said those exact words to her if it wasn’t for the sudden appearance of his roommate.

The same roommate that Ryszard currently had a vicelike grip on, almost as if he was afraid of letting him go, in case he got lost in the crowd and never ventured back.

It was all rather absurd.

Heat pooled in Ryszard’s stomach at Jaxon’s words, but he still refused to let go — this was a very bad idea, and Ryszard was perfectly aware of it; he had never said he was a good person. “Wouldn’t you like to know,” He quipped, raising an eyebrow, catching Jaxon’s gaze and evading the question as much as he possibly could.

Jacqueline Frost

"Well something tells me that isn't the only thing he likes." 

😏

#not sorry #i'm doing you a favor ryszard #best wingwoman 

Jaxon Sinclair

"I would," Jack insisted, propping his head up on the table, one hand still gripped by the white-knuckled hands of his roommate.  He looked down at them pointedly, a grin spreading over his mouth.  "I'm sure it'll be enlightening."

He paused, still staring at his arm, acutely aware of the bruises that were setting in along the bone from the strength of the squeezing.  "You gonna give that back or tear it clean off?"

Did werewolves regenerate like they did in movies and books?  It was worth investigating, but preferably not today and not through experience.

Jack (Sinclair) shot Jack (Frost) a LookTM.  "Care to elaborate on that while we wait for Queen of the Hags to start running her filthy mouth?"

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

Jaxon had wanted him uncomfortable, and he was. Ryszard looked it, too, with the way he was fidgeting on his seat, the overwhelming sensation he usually felt around his roommate suddenly settling in. He opened his mouth to say something, before he followed Jaxon’s gaze, and realised how tightly he was holding onto him. He let go.

”Sorry,” he murmured, looking bashful for one second, before he turned his gaze back on the other Slytherin — and really, Ryszard couldn’t help the way he was constantly attracted to him. Jaxon was just pretty, in a way that no one he’d ever crossed eyes with in his incredibly short lifespan had been. It was like sitting on top of a ticking time bomb, and he was about ready to explode.

Looking back over at Jack when she spoke again, Ryszard hissed out her name, urging her to be quiet (spoiler alert: it wouldn’t work). He sighed, realising he was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

”Jack,” he said, turning to his roommate. “You realise if I didn’t like it, I would have punched you in the face by now?” He raised an eyebrow, passive, even as his heartbeat continued to rise. “I don’t care how pretty you are, I would break your nose again.”

Jacqueline Frost

Jack had great hearing (probably excellent if lycanthropy really did enhance the senses).

Ryszard's protests didn't go unheard, she chose to ignore them — he'd thank her. Eventually. 

"Trudy can rot in a fire, thank Merlin she hasn't said anything further about us," Jack rolled her eyes, grateful that the conversation was short-lived and shifted to more interesting and preferable subjects. "As for other things Ryszard likes.... those are not for me disclose but definitely something for you to discover, Sinclair."

Winking, she reached for another cupcake and bit into it like she hadn't just set fuel to the fire that was the very complicated relationship between Ryszard and Jack Sinclair.

"If you want to discover them." 

She was going to ignore the threats for now only because from what she'd gathered, that was their awful, odd way of flirting.

Jaxon Sinclair

"...WeReWOLveS hAVe takEN sOme KInD oF invITAtiOn tO neEdleSSly ATtacK wizARdS," Jack parroted the radio, pulling a face as he mocked the woman broadcasting.  She might have been free to voice her opinion, but free speech only kept her safe from government intervention.  It did not keep her safe from the court of public opinion.

Some people—not limited to Trudy Veritas—had forgotten where free speech started and ended lately and Jack was just short of the flacks needed to give a damn about their feelings at this point.  Thus, the face making and general lack of care in regard to anyone who might have been listening and enjoying said broadcast.  They could suck...something.

His arm was quickly released following the very brief outburst and Jack's attention returned to other-Jack and Ryszard, who had given him his appendage back with five (5) extra, finger-shaped bruises under the sleeve.  That paste Addy had given him would come in handy.  

"Aw," he crooned.  "You think I'm pretty.  It's a good thing magic can fix my nose without leaving evidence of your violent manner of flirting, A-V 1.0."  He plucked up a cupcake, this one covered in bacon, and bit down, chewed, and swallowed before he shot Jack (Frost) a smug smile.  "What makes you think I haven't discovered them already?  Maybe I just wanted to hear someone say it."

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

Ryszard had a few choice words to say about Trudy Veritas, but he couldn’t concentrate on any coherent thoughts. It was very possible that he was hyperventilating, especially with the words that were coming out of the mouths of not only the Jacks, but his own, as well. It was as if someone had turned up the volume in his head.

He was this close to throwing the entire cupcake tray at Jack.

This close, Jacqueline.

”Trudy Veritas can truly suck it,” he managed, before his eyes automatically found themselves flitting towards Jaxon again. It was a major problem; no matter where they were, Ryszard always ended up watching him, and the worst part was probably the fact that he was sure the other boy had noticed.

“You think I’m pretty, too, Jack,” he rolled his eyes, as if he was announcing the weather or the daily news. This was an established fact; they didn’t need to keep going over it. “You haven’t discovered anything,” he snorted. “Neither of you knows anything. Shut up.”

Jacqueline Frost

"I'd say we hunt her down and eat her on the full moon but witch ain't worth going to Azkaban for." Maybe they'd get lucky and one of the werewolves from the Liverpool attack would find her and do it for them. It wouldn't be as satisfying but at least she'd be dead. Really, if there were people listening and supporting the words of the hag, then they deserved to rot as well. 

"He thinks I'm pretty too, Ryszard, it means his glasses work." Surely by now, Jack (Sinclair) knew that comments like that were meant in good faith and weren't true jabs at his eyesight. She was about to say something else when Ryszard spoke a magic term and Jack needed to make him suffer a little more for that. 

"Shut up, he says. The universal term for you are right but I'm going to live in denial and pretend you're not." 

Jaxon Sinclair

"Probably wouldn't taste good, either," Jack lamented.  "All bitter and rotten on the inside."  He shuddered, making another face, this one disgusted, rather than dumb.  Truthfully, he wouldn't eat Trudy Veritas at all.  He would have done something much more awful.  You know, like aired all her dirty laundry on public broadcast, mocked it, and implied that she was no good for 'civilized society.'

And truly, she wasn't.  Anyone with that much hate bundled up in their heart belonged in the devil's cage.

Jack adjusted the aforementioned glasses, blinking behind them, eyes made larger by the thickness of the lenses.  "I surround myself with good looking people," he explained (he didn't, not really...at least not intentionally.)  "It's a better view."

He eyed Ry at Jack (Frost)'s words, however, and arched an eyebrow.  He knew what it meant, of course.  "'Shut up' is what I say to my sister when I know she's right," he snorted.  "Nothing, Ryszard?  Only a sith deals in absolutes.  You going to fill us in on all that nothing we know?"  He turned his attention to Frost and mouthed, conspiratorially, of course, Jon Snow.

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

It didn’t faze Ryszard that he was sitting in the middle of two werewolves currently discussing actually eating someone. This had somehow become his new norm: he was roommates with a werewolf — they even slept in adjacent beds — and his closest friend was also a werewolf. In fact, if offered, Ryszard probably would have run interference.

“Don’t eat her,” he said. “Think of what it would take to get her out of your teeth. Even in pieces, she would somehow manage to call you ‘an inherent danger to civilised society’.” He grimaced. “Would need the world’s biggest, most resistant toothpick.” See? Ryszard was funny.

He rolled his eyes at both of them for the pretty comments. “So, are you saying I shouldn’t take it to heart?” He asked, putting his hand to his chest in mock hurt. Only partly mock hurt. “Have you simply been stringing me along, Jaxon Sinclair?”

At Jack’s words, Ryszard picked up a whole cupcake and launched it at her.

He had a feeling that if it wasn’t for Jaxon’s terrible Star Wars references, he probably wouldn’t have been so affected by him. Ryszard would have punched his roommate, then, just to deal with his own confusing feelings, if he wasn’t sure that both Jacks would have beat him up within an inch of his life for it.

Maybe that would be for the best.

“No,” he said, grinning up at Jaxon — he really wished he would sit down. “It’s more fun to make you guess. Besides, Jack already knows everything,” he added, indicating the Hufflepuff. He wasn’t telling his roommate anything.

Jacqueline Frost

"Someone still should at least give her a good scare." Although, Jack figured if Trudy lived to talk about it she'd be like those click bait youtubers —— clickbait: my Uber driver tried to kidnap me / reality: Uber driver took a wrong turn. 

"You know I thought being here with you two would make me feel like the awkward third wheel, but I can get used to this." As for Sinclair's pretty people comment, Jack smirked, but any chance to comment about how he wasn't wrong went to waste when Ryszard threw a cupcake at her.

Her own cupcakes used against her.

The disrespect.

It hit the side of her face, frosting smeared across her cheek and her friend should have known right then and there that he done flacked up. Wiping the frosting off her face with Ryszard's essay, she turned to Jaxon, the most evil grin across her face 

"Ryszard's right, I know everything. I know that if we want to talk about better views, someone," she flicked her gaze towards Ryszard, "thinks your best view is when you're walking away." 

Edited by Jacqueline Frost

Jaxon Sinclair

"And a lot of toothpaste," Jack added on.  "To scrub that rotting meat taste out of your mouth.  Like eating roadkill."  He wrinkled his nose in disgust, still picking at the cupcake with the maple frosting and the crunchy bacon on the top of it.  Jack Frost had hit the nail on the head with this one—a perfect lycanthrope cupcake.

His eyes shot to the radio as Trudy went on another tangent about how the Hogwarts werewolves were looking to add to their pack.  "That's hilarious," he gestured to it.  "Actually looking to downsize, you miserable piece of garbage.  Can we trade Ri—"  His voice stopped, suddenly acutely aware that there was a non-werewolf at the table and as much as he despised River Wolfe, Jaxon Sinclair knew what it was like to be outed against your will.  He wasn't in the business of sinking to the same low as Trudy Veritas.  "That other one," he eventually finished, grumbling at the crumbs left in in the little wax paper cake cup that he'd peeled his cupcake out of. 

He shot a quick glance at Ryszard.  "No offense," he mumbled.  "I know you wouldn't run your mouth, but it's not my secret to tell."

Jack's attention was interrupted, dragged from Trudy to Ry and then back to Jack (Frost.)  She seemed intent on making this as awkward as humanely (ha, humanely)  and she didn't appear to be stopping or slowing down on the world's worst matchmaker business, either.

The blond grinned widely, one might say in a predatory fashion, and arched an eyebrow at Ryszard as he watched him for obvious signs of distress over this situation.  Who was he kidding?  Ryszard Althaus-Valerio lived his life in state of constant distress.  There would be no telling 'internal volcanic combustion' from 'pissed about everything in general' with him.

"Is that so?" he inquired sweetly.  "Here I thought he preferred the front."

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

Ryszard didn’t really care about knowing who all the werewolves were, so he simply shrugged when Jaxon mumbled in his direction. He said as much. “I don’t care, Jack. It’s not like I don’t have enough werewolves in my life as it is,” he added, snorting. Maybe one day he would befriend people that were actually normal and not, well, literal werewolves.

He highly doubted it.

Throwing the cupcake had perhaps been a tad bit extra on Ryszard’s part, but he still grinned when he watched it connect with Jack’s face. He didn’t even care when she used his essay to wipe her face clean. Ryszard could always do it again, and besides, he had far more interesting things to focus on—

—like the terrible words that had just come out of Jack’s mouth.

Jack,” he shot her way, hoping she would stop being so mean to him for just one second (no, he didn’t; he wouldn’t be friends with Jack if she was nice). Then again, his life might actually be easier if Jaxon walked away right now. “I do prefer the front,” he said to his roommate, grinning wide and without shame, slowly flirting his way to self-destruction.

Jacqueline Frost

"That's harsh," Jack frowned. "Comparing Trudy to roadkill is an insult to roadkill. Thosee poor animals aren't at fault over driver's stupidity. Trudy on the other hand... maybe ignorance is something you are born with." She doubted Trudy Veritas had the brain cells to learn how to be a bigot — or maybe she was a bigot because she lacked the brain cells? A philosiraptor meme later, that was a question for another occasion, for when there wasn't a Ryszard Althaus-Valerio in ultimate panic mode and a Jaxon Sinclair participating in a game of let's see which Jack makes Ryszard die first

She respected that Sinclair refrained from outing River and she understood why, neither of them had the luxury of keeping this a secret from everyone, unfortunately Jack didn't have a functional moral compass. "That other one is an arse and he can get hunted down by the angry mob from Beauty and the Beast for all I care. That reminds me... Ryszard, we're having a problem with a prefect. If you ever feel like releasing some of that energy and taking care of someone, a certain fifth year could be taught a lesson or three."

Frosting off her face, and Jack reached for another cupcake, debating to retaliate but deciding that she was going to stick to her current strategy to make Ry suffer. Plus a cupcake to Ryszard's face, as pretty as the face was, would be a waste of a good cupcake.

"Gosh you two, there's no room for Merlin in your lives or in this conversation," she laughed. "Speaking of leaving room for Merlin, Jack why don't you sit down since you clearly enjoy tormenting a certain Slytherin as much as I do. There's enough room on Ryszard's lap." 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.