Professor Foster

All Student Assembly

Aster Darling

Aster looked at @Ryan Buratsche. "What about the anti-werewolf bigotry? Both are wrong, but you're only concerned about one." She shook her head. He was a hypocrite.

Turning back at Professor Foster, Aster nodded. "I will talk to you about it because it is unacceptable. Thank you." She said thinking of another question.

"What about educating people more on werewolves? I know we have had lessons on them, but aren't people afraid of what they don't know? Perhaps going further into what it is like for a werewolf might be a good idea?" She questioned."I know I've seen my friends after a full moon and it takes a lot out of them. They're victims too. Perhaps it will stop a lot of the bullying." As she said that she glared at Ryan. He was one of the biggest bullies of the bunch.

Professor Hambeldon

There was never going to be an easy way to handle all of this, but the attacks that were being leveled at him still stung. He had tried to keep things as fair as possible but he had drawn the line at use of magic even though he did not at all approve of the type of things his niece and her boyfriend had been saying. Nor did he approve of the comments about Hatty’s half-goblin status. So while he was thankful to Peggy for providing him backup, there were a few things he still wished to address and he interrupted her speech briefly in order to do so.  

“Professor Foster, can I please interrupt for a moment?” he said when she was done addressing Mr. Bordelon. He wanted to address this particular comment himself given the charge that had been leveled against him. “Mr. Bordelon, rest assured the school and I do not condone any hateful and harassing language and I recognize that language can be equally as hurtful as physical violence. That being said, I took points first - against both sides I might add. Detentions were only handed out after my warning about using magic in the hallways, which is against school rules. If either Miss Hambledon or Mr. Burstache had used their wands, I would have put them in detention as well. If you have more problems about the way I handled the situation, I am more than happy to meet with you after this and take up your concerns then.”

He sighed and pushed up his glasses, which had fallen down. “And Miss Sinclair, I’m sorry but this assembly is mostly informational. Unfortunately, if we took up everyone’s concerns now we would all be here for hours or perhaps even days. There are many of you and only two of us as you can see. I am more than happy to have a private appointment with you if you would like so that you may express your opinions and concerns and I will do my best to address them.”

He let Professor Foster handle the remaining questions for now although he was deeply concerned about the posters as well. It was making everything worse and the evidence in his opinion, pointed it to being someone who was well aware of everything that was going on. It was one of the reasons he had done his best to cover up the hideous posters with P.A.W. posters instead.

---------------------------

OOC: responding to questions from the first session only (before we closed the thread). I recognize Round 2 is not over yet. You may keep posting for Round 2. @Nox Bordelon@Maggie Sinclair

Hatty Hambeldon

"No one cares about hurting me either when they say bigoted stuff about goblins," she shot back @Adrina Althaus-Valerio. "You say that we're the ones that are hypocrites and bigoted but maybe you need to look at your side as well and what they have really been doing and saying. Everyone just seems to ignore it though. Besides, I've been trying to advocate for safety. Maybe our words 'hurt' but there will be a lot of worse things that could happen if Hogwarts keeps turning a blind eye to the dangers as they have consistently shown they've done in the past." 

No question just responding to Adrina. 

Aster Darling

Aster glared at @Hatty Hambeldon. “You realize how hypocritical you should right!? You don't want people to bully you, but you can bully people! Haven't you ever heard if you want respect you give it back? While I don't agree with the comments towards you, you said it yourself! Maybe your words "hurt". They're just words, right? They only hurt if you let them."

Reaction post.

Hatty Hambeldon

"That's not exactly what I said," Hatty responded to @Aster Darling. "All I was saying is that maybe you should also look at yourselves first if you're trying to somehow pretend that you're better than us or that we're always in the wrong. Because guess what? Your side is doing the same things we are." 

Reaction post. 

Edited by Hatty Hambeldon

Aster Darling

"It's what you imply though! Both are wrong. People shouldn't bully you for who you are, and you shouldn't bully others for what they can't help." She said to @Hatty Hambeldon"Can't we just agree both are wrong? You can't help being part-gobblin as much as they can't help being werewolves." Surely she had to see that. "And it's just as bad. Your boyfriend has made first years cry. He's older than them. He should know better."

Edited by Aster Darling

Hatty Hambeldon

"Tell that to them too then."  

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Roleplay only.

Ryan put his arm around Hatty. This first year again? He rolled his eyes. 

“None if you have cared that it’s wrong. Why should I care about what you think?”

Aster Darling

Aster sighed. "Didn't I just say it was wrong? Surely you can hear what I'm saying, or does my opinion not matter because I'm "just a first year"?" Aster inquired. "Have you thought perhaps they lashed out because you did? You've been really cruel."

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Roleplay only.

”It has nothing to do with you being a first year and everything to do with the fact that you and everyone else keep equating Hatty’s condition to being a werewolf, which is horribly insulting,” Ryan scoffed. “You’re comparing her heritage to a curse that makes people dangerous. That’s being a bigot.”

Aster Darling

Aster looked at Ryan like he was stupid, because in her mind he was. "I never said that though." She told him. "She was born like that, she can't help it, but neither can they! You're just as bigoted, and I've never said anything about her, not once so don't act like I did." Aster crossed her arms stubbornly. "You are judging people based on something they can't help either. It might not be the same thing, but they can't help what happened."

Phillip Aldermaston

Roleplay only

Phillip broke his staring contest with the boy with the too-long surname to turn on Hatty, Ryan and Aster et al.  The staff would just love this, wouldn’t they?  It would give them a perfect way to avoid actually answering their questions.

So he shook his head at their nonsense and then he carefully made his body loose so that his body language was entirely non-threatening before glaring at them all and drawing a finger across his throat – a nonverbal request for them all to cut it out.

Orpheus Midnight

QUESTION

Orpheus had sat at the Hufflepuff Table while the assembly took place, just listening to it all. Taking it in and trying to figure out what if anything that he wanted to ask. One of his major concerns was that they too were being threatened just because they knew someone that had been bitten. How was that addressing any of their safety? Professor Foster's answer to it didn't really help him feel any better either. 

And then his cousin's boyfriend, @Damien Belizaire,  came through handing out a pamphlet and he frowned at it. He cut his eyes to the older Hufflepuff. "You realize that if you and Delia stay together to marry or whatever, one of those werewolves will be your cousin too..." It was his way of saying how distasteful this was and how he didn't approve. He handed it back to the older Hufflepuff and turned back to the assembly to listen.

Of course, then there was a back and forth exchange with some of the more vocal anti-werewolf personnel and a couple of others that Orpheus didn't really know. His eyes followed the conversation by bouncing between them all. This was getting them exactly nowhere. He sighed and rubbed at his nose.

His hand shot up and soon his voice was raised to get over the den of the sidebar happening. "Professor, you stated that the banners and posters aren't the work of a student and that we shouldn't be afraid of one another and that it was happening because of someone here, at Hogwarts. So if it isn't a student, are you telling us that we should worry about which adult is attacking us? Because those posters and banners don't just attack those that were bitten...it's targeting many of the rest of us too."

As far as safety measure went, Orpheus didn't feel very safe if it was an adult that was behind those posters. Budding wizards and witches learning how to do magic weren't nearly as threatening as a fully grown adult that had been studying and perfecting their magical skills for much longer. 

Professor Hambeldon

After Peggy finished her speech, the flurry of hands rose again. He looked over at Peggy to let her know that he would be taking some of these even though he was still more comfortable to have her answer all of the questions. First up was @Nox Bordelon. “Not necessarily more severely, Mr. Bordelon, although if so much as a wand is raised on either side, it will be punished accordingly. May I kindly remind everyone that use of magic is forbidden in the corridors.” He paused. “But we do not tolerate physical or emotional abuse either.”

Stefan gave a nervous glance at Peggy at the next question, which came from @Edward Borage. The fact that they didn't know the identity of the perpetrator so far was unnerving to him as well. “We don’t unfortunately, Mr. Borage. As Professor Foster mentioned, however, the matter is being looked into. But there will be no ‘setting each other against each other.’” He sighed. He could have expected the divisiveness of the crowd but that did not make it an easier.

@Phillip Aldermaston spoke next, directing his question to Professor Foster so Professor Foster addressed it*.

The questions continued with @Ryszard Althaus-Valerio and @Orpheus Midnight. “Mr. Althaus-Valerio, the school and the Ministry believes the magic is too advanced for this to be the work of a student, yes, even one of sixth or seventh year. So yes, Mr. Midnight, because the work is likely that of an adult at this school, this matter is quite serious and unfortunately, we do have to be worried about an adult attacking the school. I am very sorry for all of the hurt these posters have caused you and your friends." By that he was directly referring to the werewolves. "I myself have made an effort to cover these up whenever possible. The Ministry and the school is doing everything they can to figure out the perpetrator as soon as possible. We will be doing everything in our power to keep you safe in the meantime until the matter is resolved.”

Stefan continued. “As for the reason the werewolves are not here is that the school wished for them to have their own assembly to be able to address their concerns.” He believed that it was the right decision. He wasn’t sure if the werewolves had ever really been given a chance to express themselves and things could have gotten even more ugly than they already were especially with the comments that his niece and her boyfriend were making.

Which caused him to raise his voice for the first time in the assembly.

“Enough!” he yelled sharply to @Hatty Hambeldon and @Ryan Buratsche in particular hearing their argument with @Aster Darling. “Mr. Buratsche and Miss Hambeldon, this session is for informational purposes and it is not for you to have a platform to say whatever you want. You may raise your concerns with me privately but unless you have questions for Professor Foster or myself I would highly advise you to both shut up or you will have a detention. You have been warned. And Miss Darling, may I kindly suggest that you ignore them in the future. Responding only aids them. If no one responds they will be speaking to nothing. That being said, there needs to be far more understanding, you are absolutely correct. Going further and educating more about what a werewolf is like could only aid in the understanding." He continued. "And yes, Mr. Buratsche, that kind of speech is not tolerated. That being said I have no knowledge about any particular incident. If you have a concern about anyone in particular, you may feel free to take it up with Professor Foster or myself.”

-------

*OOC: Mr. Aldermaston as you directed your question directly at Professor Foster, she will address it as well as anything else she wishes to respond to. I answered all the questions for this round in part because two of the same numbers were chosen. To avoid this in the future, please put at the bottom of your post what numbers have been taken.

Below are the numbers chosen by the students in the second round:

12, 13, 17, 18, 25, 35

I also realize I have posted early for this round but that just gives you a couple more hours for round 3.

Edited by Professor Hambeldon

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

It was almost like pulling out molars with pliers, with the way the Professors were answering their questions. Ryszard watched as, once again, instead of addressing their queries, they were being reshuffled and categorised to talk about the easier and better decorated topics. He didn’t miss the fact that a reply to his concern about the werewolves being missing had been, well, missed. Ryszard was noting down everything mentally, and he knew he would end up poring over it later.

It was exhausting, and he had had just about enough. Ryszard realised in that instant that he couldn’t do it. He couldn’t do any more of this — pretending to be nice and being herded off to one side, as if his thoughts and ideas and opinions didn’t matter. He had long since suspected that his father had been right about him: he was every bad thing they said he was, and the Professors only confirmed it. The thought had been slowly building up inside of him, but now he had some confirmation.

Pulling his hand from Adrina’s grip, he simply walked out, without either a word or a glance to those he was leaving in his wake, fists clenched and nails digging painfully into his palms. It would be easier to deal with the world outside, alone, than to continue to listen to half-formed opinions that didn’t even pretend to address the issue, and that reminded him so profoundly of his mother.

no question; just leaving~ thank you for this opportunity ❤️

Edited by Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

Professor Foster

Professor Foster was glad at first when Stefan signaled that he was ready to take his turn with the questions answering, but it didn't take long for her to start to feel agitated and have the urge to jump in and add just one thing, or correct Stefan's answer just slightly. Peggy had never been good at delegating, or ceding control of anything for that matter. So without meaning to she found herself conveying with her body language how she felt about certain topics.

Peggy nearly applauded @Adrina Althaus-Valerio  for instance, whose opinions were well argued and had the advantage of being nearly identical to Peggy's own.

Peggy did interject in @Edward Borage's question because she wasn't sure Stefan had correctly interpreted the second part of his question. "If you were asking why the culprit producing these posters would want to turn us against each other, we can only speculate. The obvious answer is that they believe that werewolves should not be educated along side other students and are willing to use whatever means to achieve their ends. That isn't the only possible motive however. I can think of several."

"It could be that the goal is to cast @Headmistress McGonagall's governance into question. The motive may be to drive public opinion to the point that the school governors would try to force her out. Alternately they may wish to have the werewolves expelled for reasons that have nothing to do with school safety. Not all werewolves are law abiding citizens and in the past some werewolf packs have intentionally attacked as a way of recruiting more members. If this were their motive then they may want to get their hands on their potential recruits. Our student werewolves would be exposed and vulnerable if Hogwarts was to expel them at this time. And of course the last motive is chaos for chaos' sake. We found that during the repeated Death Eater attacks there was often no motive other than keeping the population terrorized or possibly just because they enjoyed it. If this is the work of a deranged mind there could be no rational motive. "

"I think that last theory is the least likely, however. The profile would seem to point to an organized and methodical mind."

Professor Foster and @Phillip Aldermaston's interactions had been rancorous in the past. She found his round about and strangely literal means of communication difficult to decipher at times but this time she thought she knew what he was driving at immediately and had to stifle a smile at his descriptive use of the word idiot. "Phillip I promise that the patient and well behaved will get their questions answered even if we have to remove the disruptive ones from the room to do so."

Peggy allowed Professor Hambeldon to resume, promising herself that she wouldn't interrupt him, but her controlling nature made it difficult. When she thought he had answered a question insufficiently (which is to say not as she would have) she found herself interjecting, "Well actually--" only to be cut off by the disruption between @Ryan Buratsche, @Hatty Hambeldon, and @Aster Darling. She nodded her approval at Stefan's handling of this (with only the tiniest reservation that perhaps he should have gone further). She left that to him, only speaking again when Stefan had fallen silent.

"A couple of thoughts", she said, pitching her voice in the direction of the departing @Ryszard Althaus-Valerio who may or may not have listened. "On the subject of separate assemblies-- I believe the thought was well meaning -- though in my opinion misguided. I may be expressing a minority viewpoint so this is my opinion entirely, but I think there has already been enough division in the school and that we should be making every effort to come together rather than finding more reasons to separate. Two meetings strikes me as too much like 'separate but equal' , something that has never served the purpose of real equality."

"I hope we haven't missed any concerns," she concluded. "If we have, I'm sure that you will let us know."

"Another question? Yes, go ahead please."

Call this round 2 1/2. I will post again tomorrow/today, but certainly not at 4:am. :)

Edited by Professor Foster

Phillip Aldermaston

Question: 48

There was no setting against … they were joking, right?   There was setting against each other – and to be honest, the students weren’t the problem.  Why did the adults keep blaming them for their nonsense?   And no, they clearly weren’t doing everything in their power because come on, every time something happened that was their fault – they just blamed them – and frankly, Phillip was sick of it. It was within their power to quit blaming them for stuff that was staff’s fault.  They didn’t need lecturing about things like dark magic because a staff member’s connection allowed Death Eaters to get in.  Nor did they need lecturing about the posters when a staff member had put them up.  Why did they keep blaming the students for their nonsense?

And then Foster’s promise was delivered and Phillip held her gaze for a moment but was content to do nothing more disruptive than that – he was weighing up whether or not to believe that promise. As for the separate but equal nonsense….that was…there were concerns about that that he wouldn’t talk about here. And the other question was  probably for Miss Lushia so….hand raised.

“Um, I have three questions, I guess. But one’s…. I’d like to take @Professor Hambeldon up on his offer of privacy there.”   Yes, because there was only one real question for the assembly here.  “The second is probably for  @Miss Lushia because…more stuff about illness or injury on full moon.” 

And now, for his actual question.  Okay, deep breaths, Phillip, you can do this. No.  More deep breaths.  “Um…”  Okay, you’re admitting that  you’ve done something wrong – you can do this.   Okay, stand up straighter, you’re admitting stuff.  But could they admit things – could they provide information?  Oh right, he was reporting an incident, right?

Nope, question first then he could report the incident.  All I hear from the we…ly… bitten students…is what doesn’t help.  And the thing is….he’s right” gesturing at the departing boy – “ - I don’t know what it’s like.  Maybe one could talk to us or something so we have some idea of what to do?   And Phillip groaned because he didn’t know any better wording than that – but he hated the way it made the division between them. Still, his tone when speaking about werewolves held absolutely no venom in it and his body language had none either.

Also, I have an incident to report later.” and with that, Phillip sat down.  Later, because he’d been talking long enough for now and everyone else deserved an answer.

Previous numbers chosen: 12, 13, 17, 18, 25, 35 , 48

Edited by Phillip Aldermaston
prev numbers

Orpheus Midnight

QUESTION

Well, that was reassuring. Orpheus frowned more as he listened to the answer to his question. It was all well and good to know they were at least looking into it, but what exactly was being done? Covering up the posters and banners did not really change the overall message that had been conveyed. Perhaps someone was trying to just warn those that were friends and family of the bitten but to him, all it had done was make him feel like they were being made targets. You're next... It wasn't comforting and in a place they were supposed to feel safe, the adults were failing terribly.

As he took in all the information given to them he couldn't help but feel like they were missing something. What exactly he didn't know but the information was doing nothing to settle his nerves. To settle his fears and it was only helping to cement his thoughts for his future. If he survived that long given how things were going around here.

"No offense Professor, but that is hardly comforting or reassuring. We're supposed to rely on all of you for our safety. Our parents rely on you all and put us into the care of all the staff here. So, if we can't truly trust the adults, what should we be doing to feel safe? Other than following the curfews and restrictions placed on us. How do we know those precautions aren't going to be tampered with by this mysterious adult in question?"

So that was two questions but he was worried. He wanted to know that things were going to be okay and if not there needed to be a plan B.

Previous numbers chosen: 12, 13, 17, 18, 25, 35 , 48, 11

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Question 

Ryan shot Phillip an incredulous look before he turned his attention back to Professor Hambeldon. His blood was boiling—here was Hatty’s uncle refusing to acknowledge that his niece was the victim of discrimination! 

“With all due respect Professor, my question was not answered. What is being done to address the anti-goblin bigotry that has come out in response to remarks on safety? This isn’t about anyone’s agenda—this is about your niece’s safety from the bigots around her.”

Dale McQueen-Trengrove

Question

Number 2

Dale sat in the back of the assembly but he nodded in silent agreement with Professor Foster regarding the missing werewolf students who apparently had their own private assembly. Not talking to Julian had been what had caused him to end up here and to say something that he could never take back even though he truly did not want the werewolf students expelled and actually did not believe that Julian's uncle had the 'right idea.' He had said in the heat of the moment, in frustration and anger and had regretted it every second since. The danger was in the choices those cursed with lyncathrope made, but it didn't have to be all of them. He wished he had realized all of this sooner, but by the time he had, it had been too late. He couldn't use a time turner to go back in time and fix all of it. All he could do was move forward and try and be better. 

He slowly raised a hand hoping maybe that they wouldn't notice it because he didn't know why he was doing this. Still, he felt like he had something to say. The school didn't seem to want to hear about anyone's feelings or opinions really. Nonetheless maybe he didn't understand enough -- there was a continued divide among the werewolves and non-werewolves and that felt wrong to him.  

"Professor Foster, I agree. I think it would be good if we got to hear what the werewolves had to say for once and they could hear what we had to say. Is there some sort of forum we could have? I feel like no one is really listening to anyone. This session isn't telling us anything new really." He felt like he had heard a lot of this on Day 1 of Defense Against the Dark Arts. 

Previous numbers chosen: 2, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 25, 35, 48

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

Roleplay Only

The idea that only Hatty and her boyfriend had been punished was laughable to Addy, and in fact she did laugh with a small shake of her head and a sigh that clearly showed her disappointment that the older girl was so blinded by the hate she felt inside that she couldn't see anything beyond it.  Dejectedly, she turned her attention back to the professors, not entirely aware of the look of praise that might've been on Foster's face because she was still too caught up in the let down of feeling like she hadn't really made any difference.  

She slid back into her seat wondering if maybe it was fear that drove the others to be so cruel, that Adrina could understand at least a tiny bit more now.  Now that she'd seen her own name waving above the quidditch pitch.  But her own fear wasn't for the idea that someone like @Jaxon Sinclair or @Avery Potter was about to hunt her down in the dead of night simply because they knew the way.   

Her fear was coming from exactly the thing that @Professor Foster and @Professor Hambeldon were so clear to mention next.  The person behind all of these things was no student, whatever views they shared.  It was an adult who wanted this anger and madness to inflict everyone in this room and the other like a disease.  Her fingers tightened harder around @Ryszard Althaus-Valerio's arm just before he wrenched his arm from her grasp and she dug her glitter painted nails into her palm.  

Jack was always on about her being safe and she wanted to help herself now too, but how was that possible against these kind of circumstances, and what might come next?  Watching her brother walk out, Addy felt torn.  She wanted to leave too, to follow him out and find a place where they could hash their own thoughts about all of this together like they might have done once.  But, things hadn't been like that for them in ages.  Now, she worried he wouldn't wait for her unless she screamed down the hall for him to stop.  

So she stayed, at least for now. 

Jack Dare

QUESTION: 19

Jack believed that knowledge was power, but the more he learned in this meeting the less powerful he felt. Some of what Professor Foster said about the poster people did give Jack a certain intellectual satisfaction, since it wasn't that far off from his own hypothesis, however the way she said it sounded much scarier, since she'd pretty much admitted that despite their efforts  the adults in charge were still stumped.

Then there was all this rule-breaking among the students. There'd been yelling, disagreeing, even swearing right at a professor. (Also speaking out of turn) It was enough to make Jack hyperventilate with anxiety, which was why he had spent most of the meeting breathing into his hands.

Throughout all this, another kind of anxiety was growing. It was like that feeling you get when you know you are late for an appointment or that you have shirked a responsibility and know that there will eventually be a day of reckoning. Jack's predicament was that he'd come up with a brilliant idea for a support group. Prom had come up with an even more brilliant club name: Pals and Allies of Werewolves. Interest had been phenomenal.  Jack was receiving praise. Yet deep down Jack knew he was a fraud. He hadn't even hosted a meeting yet, because he'd been too scared. Despite his aspirations, he'd done nothing to change the plight of werewolves or to make the world a better place for people like @Julian Pritchard.

This entire meeting was a reminder of that, both the harsh words of some of his classmates, and in the appeals of some of his school mates, like @Aster Darling who cried out for better education about werewolves. When even @Dale McQueen-Trengrove took up the cry (a boy who was not known to be a pillar if intellect or sensitivity) Jack knew he had to put aside his nervousness about being in the spotlight and act on his convictions.

"Excuse me, Professors?" Jack called, raising his hand. 'My name is Jack Dare, founding member of P.A.W., Pals and Allies of Werewolves? Our mission is to advance equality through support, education, and advocacy, a mission that we have not yet fulfilled to our fullest fulfillment---um, we haven't done enough yet, is what I'm trying to say."

"Anyway I was wondering, since people are saying they want to learn more about werewolves and what it's like to be a werewolf, if maybe I could volunteer P.A.W. to host a meeting about that. With our faculty sponsor's permission, of course," Jack added, bobbing his head toward Professor Hambelton. 

"If you gave me permission to go ahead, I'd still have to find a werewolf willing to talk about, you know, werewolf stuff, but there are a couple who are members of the club, and I can think of at least one of them who is perfect."(💕)

"If you both think it's a good idea, I mean," Jack concluded, sitting down quickly.

Previous numbers chosen: 2, 11, 1213, 16, 1718, 19, 2535, 48

Edited by Jack Dare

Phillip Aldermaston

Just bouncing off Ryan and Jack - roleplay only

Phillip didn't like the Burstache boy much but Ryan was now settling down and asking a legitimate question so he flashed a quick smile at the older boy.   

Then there was the very nervous ickle and Phillip felt compelled to subtly encourage the random ickle (  @Jack Dare )  so he opted to give the ickle the smile he used on his little brothers.  So that was an encouraging-big-brother type smile.     "Yeah, the ickle eaglet has an excellent idea."   Again, there was that big-brother-being-encouraging tone.

And yes, Phillip was being entirely sincere.

Edited by Phillip Aldermaston
RP

Professor Foster

Peggy did her best to suppress a sigh, as immediately after she invited more questions @Phillip Aldermaston's hand shot up again. She braced herself for more criticism or for him to pick apart this word or that word that she might have used too ambiguously for his liking. However, what she got was very different.

She nodded at the first of his two questions, which would not fall on her, then leaned forward to listen more carefully as he fumbled through a third. What he had to say was remarkably reasonable, and Professor Foster blinked a couple of times before saying, "Phillip I think that is an excellent idea. It would be up to one of the werewolves to decide if they wished to participate, but I'll have to see if that can be arranged."

As to his last comment Foster lowered her voice somewhat saying, "One of us can help you with that, Phillip."

@Orpheus Midnight's question unfortunately did trigger that sigh that she'd held back earlier, but it was not one of frustration or irritation, but an honest reaction to the heaviness of the subject.

"It wasn't meant to be reassuring so much as truthful," she said sympathetically. "If I can offer any reassurance it's that we now have multiple layers of security, especially on full moon nights so that no one mistake or sabotage will make us completely vulnerable. Aurors will be on the ground and most staff will be on patrol in pairs to provide oversight to each other. You know most of this, but the full details of our security is not being shared with any one person so as to minimize risk of sabotage.

"I still believe that the threat to non-werewolves will be minimal if you stay in your secure areas. The threatening posters and banners are meant to imply that you will be 'next' because a werewolf you care about will harm you when they change. It is meant to weaken your resolve and your willingness to stand by your friends, rather than to be a promise that an outsider is coming to get you. So I don't believe you should live in terror, expecting a member of staff to attack you directly."

"That said, one way you could help us is by reporting suspicious behavior or suspicious questions, especially those that pertain to the werewolves. This goes for people outside the castle who suddenly take an interest in hearing about your werewolf friends. I would avoid members of the press for the same reason. Also report any suspicious objects, devices, or paintings that you have not seen in the castle before. Don't investigate yourselves or try to bring them to us. Let one of us do that. The same goes for any stray animals hanging around, birds, beetles...."

Peggy's complete list of every possible mode of attack or surveillance was considerable and she realized this could go on for sometime. She pinched the bridge of her nose before summing up with, "Stay vigilant. Stay in pairs. Have your wand and a multiway mirror at all times. Report irregularities. Support one another. It would be helpful if your professors could spend more time on security concerns and less on mediating who insulted who first."

Peggy frowned at the next question from @Ryan Buratsche and turned to @Professor Hambeldon "Didn't you just specifically tell Buratsche  that hate speech would not be tolerated, that you have no knowledge about any particular anti-goblin incident,  but that he can take up particulars with one of us?"

Peggy turned back to Ryan Buratsche, frowning. "I'm sorry, which part of your question wasn't answered less than five minutes ago?" She gave Professor Hambelton a look that said, 'Yeah, I'm not touching this one. Good luck' and then moved on.

Peggy called on @Dale McQueen-Trengrove grimacing a bit as he characterized her hours of typing her taking the time to answer the specific questions asked as 'nothing new'. However, she conceded that his request for a session from the werewolf point of view was a good one. "Yes, we'll try to get on that in our spare time," she deadpanned.

And then next up was the little do-gooder @Jack Dare whose fuzzy head she had no trouble recognizing from the P.A.W. posters. As he made his offer, Peggy let a bit of tension go in her shoulders at the suggestion that there might be something that she was not being held personally responsible for. She shot Professor Hambeldon a glance, tilting her head, before turning back to the tiny Jactivist*.

"Well, what you do in your meetings is between you and your faculty advisor, but I think it's a great idea."

She wondered who his 'perfect' werewolf was, but after seeing the posters it wasn't a hard guess.

*Jactivist is brought to you by @Jeramie Slater

Thus ends round 3. Keep doing the number thing just in case we can't get to everyone. But as of this point all numbers have been addressed so you can start fresh with new numbers from here.

Edited by Professor Foster

Phillip Aldermaston

Question: 25

They had one more chance for Philllip to believe that they were on watch for another attack. After all, once was happenstance, twice was coincidence.  But thrice was…enemy action.  And Phillip had been reflecting on this for a little while so he was quiet and then…yeh….they might as well ask what had actually been said.

So his hand went up again.  “Um, yeah.  Could you repeat what was said at the Ministry meeting? Sounds a good idea to me.”  More for the others….he knew what had happened – enough. The unforgivables had been authorised.

Previous numbers:  25

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.