Anderson Potter

Werewolf Bodyguards

Anderson Potter

A lot had happened so far during the current academic year. A lot of bad stuff. Sonny didn't like it but he didn't think there was a whole lot he could do. But he knew one thing he could do: protect @Avery Potter and @Harmony Granger-Weasley at all costs. He was not going to let them get hurt. Again. He'd already failed once and he wouldn't let himself fail again. He had nightmares about the attacks every night. He kept reliving his failure to protect those he loved. He couldn't take it and he knew he wouldn't be able to survive something like that again.

He had called a meeting of the rest of the family members. @Alayna Weasley was unlikely to show up. @Alec Potter might make an appearance but Sonny wasn't sure. He was confident in @Desmond Potter, though. @Josie Potter would likely tag along if she had time. He set up chairs around one table and waited for everyone to arrive. It would have been awesome if everyone came but he knew that wasn't going to happen.

If any family members tagged want to join Desmond and I, please let us know. Avery and Harmony will NOT know of this meeting IC though. ❤️

Desmond Potter

Since the attacks happened, the holiday, and breaking up with his girlfriend. Desmond only had quidditch to fall back onto. It was something that was odd to him. While he had his best friend Milo and Wyatt around. His life was just boring. He didn't like being at Hogwarts, he wanted to go into the real world and do something. Yet he was still here. 

Making his way to find his cousin, Sonny, who since the attacks came out and said who he was. Which he was surprised about since he had kept the secret such a long time.

Finding the classroom that he was in, he looked around and thought about this for a second. "What am I doing here. You said something about a family meeting or something?" Though there was no one there. It was just the two of them, his sister Josie wasn't here. His cousin Alec or Avery were not here and where was Alayna. Desmond should of known that Alayna wouldn't be here, she was way too busy snogging that boyfriend of hers to even care about her own family. 

Taking a seat at one of the chairs. "Is there an important reason for this, I need to get back to the pitch soon, there is a game this weekend."

Anderson Potter

Des appeared and he nodded at his cousin. "Thanks for coming," he said, waving for the boy to take a seat. "I'm not sure who else is coming... I would wait for them but there isn't really time." He nodded again as Desmond said he wanted to get back to the Quidditch Pitch. Since everything had happened, the Hufflepuff seemed to be spending all of his time there. It worried the Gryffindor but he thought that his cousin would be worse off without it so he didn't say anything.

"I wanted to talk to everyone about Avery and Harmony," he said. "I'm sure you've... heard everything. Seen the posters. They're up against a lot right now. None of this is their fault and yet people are taking it out on them. It's unfair and, honestly, I'm worried. People are getting... radical. I'm scared that they will attack the girls." He stopped to take a deep breath. "Des, we have to protect them."

Desmond Potter

He knew that if it wasn’t for the Quidditch he would be a mess. It was the one thing that was able to keep his mind clear and not think about the events. But hearing that this was about protecting Avery and Harmony. That was something he was for but he didn’t know what else to think about it. 

“I was there, well not for them but in the pitch and I know what happened and it sucks. Those posters shouldn’t be there. But Sonny is protecting them isn’t going to help them. These people are going to be out there like these students for the rest of their lives.” He hated saying that. “I am also not the best, sure I could punch someone but what is that going to do. Land me back in detention?” He has been detention free for some years now. 

“I want to help them, but there has to be another way?”

Anderson Potter

He understand where Desmond was coming from. But they had to do something. "I don't think we'd get in trouble for defending them," he said. "Self-defense is something that we all deserve. And we're helping our family..." He trailed off, trying to gather his thoughts together. "And I think people are less likely to do anything to them if they know they'll have to deal with us, too. Like how people are less likely to attack crowds and all that. We have to try and make it seem like we outnumber them." Which, with the Potter/Weasley thing was likely true.

The boy looked to the windows of the classroom. The sky was blue as it was day but he knew, soon, that would change. Night would come and he knew the full moon was scheduled to make an appearance. "I just don't want to sit around and do nothing," he said, lightly. His voice was quiet because he was just so lost about the entire situation. It was hard to deal with. But he knew Avery and Harmony were dealing with worse.

Desmond Potter

Sonny was right, with some points. “I get that, but our names already have people attacking us. They hate us just because of who we are. So I don’t think that will be a threat to people.” It was sad but being the grandkids of the ‘boy who lived’ it had  consequences which he hated. 

“We don’t have to sit around and do nothing. I just don’t know how well it will work out. And Sonny have you not seen what has been happening. Maggie Sinclair defended her brother and got detention from the headmistress.” If the headmistress was giving out detention for defending family it was something he knew they would get also. 

“We got to think of another plan.” If only he was dating @Seeley Pichardo still he would ask her for something but they were not on talking terms so that was not going to happen. 

Anderson Potter

He hadn't known that another werewolf's family had gotten in trouble for defending them. He sighed and ran a hand through his bright red hair. "That's not good," he said, not that Desmond didn't already know that. "Maybe we can just follow them around and look menacing." He didn't know how well that would work but it was worth a try, he thought. He leaned on the table he had set up and tried to think of other plans of action. There had to be something they could do that wouldn't get them in trouble.

Then he had an idea. "Maybe we can ward them... like with runes and stuff." He was taking Ancient Runes and he remembered that wards had been mentioned. "I'll have to look in my Ancient Runes book but those were mentioned once. And there are spells that do that kind of stuff. Maybe if we put some on the girls, no one will be able to help them." It was a crazy idea but he was grasping for anything that could work.

Post 500! ❤️

Desmond Potter

It wasn’t good. Desmond knee thag it wasn’t that good at all. It was the most annoying thing. Knowing that someone could get into trouble for defending their family. “She was about to fight someone. The great hall was a MESS that day.” He didn’t say anything hutnhe was sitting there watching it all unfold. 

“I quit runes., I wasn’t able to get anything down at all.” He was horrible ag that class and always wondering what a rune was. Sure he knew that wards were to protect people and things. The hospital wing had wards in it to keep people safe from when their family turns into werewolves.

”I don’t want to do anything to them. What if it messes up them with the potion they have to take.” He didn’t read into how to ruin a potion or what could mess it up. That would mean he have to read, and Desmond wasn’t doing that. “Why does this have to be complicated.” 

His family meant the world to him. His cousins should be treated like dirt at all, but what were they supposed to do? 

Anderson Potter

Sonny had not thought about that. What if whatever they tried messed with the wolfsbane potion? They couldn't risk that. He would have to do more research on this to figure out what they could do about it. "That's a good point. I will have to read up on it and maybe ask the professors..." He sighed again and wished that this was easier. If only they could go back in time and change it all but he knew he couldn't do that. Time turners were rare and he had already found out that, if they'd had one, they would have already changed what had happened. That had been a let down.

"This is too complicated," he said. "I hate this. I just want them to be safe and be able to live their lives. But people are ruining everything!" He threw his hands into the air and then slammed one down onto the table. "Why can't people just get along, Des? Why do people hate them - and us - just for being alive? It's so stupid."

Josie Potter

tag:  Josie and the Potter cats

Josie had walked in as Sonny began talking about why he had messaged them all.  She mostly sat quietly and listened to the two older boys discuss the situation.  However, when her brother brought up the scene with Maggie Sinclair getting detention, Josie spoke up.

"Maggie Sinclair got detention because she . . . ."  Josie paused to think of the right word to describe what happened with that.  "She went off on people.   Just being with Avery and Harmony would be good.  We have to buddy up anyway.  I know all of her roommates are standing up for her," Josie added.  Sure, two of Avery's roommates were turned as well but Addy was standing up for them when she could.  

Josie didn't know much about runes but Sonny's idea sounded good to her.  "Runes protect.  So that would help," she offered.  

Edited by Josie Potter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.