Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Dorland-Nece

Thank Merlin for Trudy

Julian Pritchard

Julian crossed his arms against his chest. "The classification system is hardly nuanced, which you'd know if you'd bothered to read the introduction and the footnotes. And if we miss a dose of Wolfsbane, there are wards. But how easy do you think it is, anyway? It's not like no one checks."  He tried to keep his tone quiet in deference to @Professor Fjord, but now that he'd gotten arguing, it was very hard to stop. 

Ethan Smith

oh great a professor. He didn’t want to let go of @Jacqueline Frost but last time something like this happened he got detention. She he stood there looking at her. “Nah I’m won’t say what I want to say.” He told the professor, not like they would listen anyway. 

Ryan Dorland-Nece

“Hatty’s right, Werewolf. Because it hasn’t changed, it means it’s still true,” Ryan shot back at @Julian Pritchard.

Ryan gaped dumbly when @Jacqueline Frost actually swung a plate at him. Fortunately, Ethan had held her back, but once he'd gotten over the shock, he glared at her. "You should be expelled," he growled. "Since when people express their opinions, you think it's appropriate to call them nasty names and try to hit them in the face with plates!"

"Good, I'm glad you're giving me a detention @Professor Fjord. I'll be sure to write The Prophet about the measures that Hogwarts has taken to censor its students. Hell, maybe I'll even call up @Trudy Veritas! I'm sure she would love to do a show on what's going on here."

Professor Fjord

Merlin. The situation was much worse than she imagined. Kirsi rubbed her temples. 

"Miss Frost, that is not an appropriate name to call your Head of House, nor is that an appropriate statement for you to give. You know better than that, and I'm about ready to recommend a meeting with the Headmistress. You know Hogwarts, myself, or @Professor Qin would never do such a thing. I recommend taking a few moments away from here if you wish." Kirsi then turned her attention to Ryan. 

"If you have an issue with the school's policies against bigotry, take it up with the Headmistress directly. Calling others names and frightening them to get them to leave Hogwarts is not the way to get your point across, Mr. Buratsche. They're already well aware of your opinion, you've had your voice multiple times already, and it's crossed a line today by frightening other students to the point of crying." She said to @Ryan Buratsche. "I've given equal punishment to all students misbehaving today. If you would like more safety, I'd be more than happy to discuss strategies that we can take to make sure you feel secure that don't involve expelling your peers." 

Edited by Professor Fjord

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Ryan folded his arms across his chest. "I wasn't aware that speaking my mind had an expiration date," he shot back at @Professor Fjord. "You know they're not actually scared, right? They're trying to manipulate everyone into thinking they are so we don't do the things we need to do, like expel them. Short of seeing the werewolves expelled, Professor Fjord, I don't think we're going to come to an agreement on what would actually make this school safe. I've seen two attacks in my time here. I think I know better than they do." 

Julian Pritchard

Julian gaped at @Ryan Buratsche, as he flushed and tears suddenly - inexplicably - welled up in his eyes. 

His words faltered as he tried to regain some measure of control. There was no reason for him to react like this. Ryan had only stated a fact. A werewolf was exactly what he was. But no amount of reasoning with himself helped. 

He stood up abruptly. 

"I need to - " his words, loosely directed at Hazel, were cut short as he thrust his hands into his pockets and started walking very quickly out of the hall. 

Professor Fjord

"I didn't say that you can't continue to preach for safety, even though they've heard your opinion already. You're simply crossing the line when it comes to frightening your peers, and that is not acceptable at Hogwarts. You can talk about safety all you want, there are plenty of books in the library for you to research general safety methods to enact your opinions and make Hogwarts a safer place in general. When you're doing things like calling for their expulsion and mocking them directly to their face with the whole XXXXX argument, it's not helpful, because you can't control that situation, nor is calling names an actual action plan. All I'm saying is that it's hard for people to take your non-werewolf attacking points about safety seriously. They are scared, and rightfully so." A Ravenclaw boy ran out of the room, breaking up her lecture. 

"They were attacked too, just like you, but they will have to deal with even more difficulties their entire lives. You're not helping them adjust to their new life by making them feel frightened to study. Hogwarts is going to continue to welcome them, that isn't going to change any time soon. Now, are we going to discuss measures to keep you safe that don't involve expelling your peers? I'm willing to compromise here. If not, well, just know you've had your chance to make change and actually implement your plans to action, even if your exact desires won't be fulfilled, you can make a change to add another layer of protection for yourself that won't be easily broken." 

Ryan Dorland-Nece

"They're not actually frightened, @Professor Fjord!" Ryan shot back. "The Werewolves want you to think that, because then you won't expel them. It's an emotional ploy, and you're walking right into it."

He folded his arms across his chest. "I don't think it's fair to privilege the needs of eleven people over the hundreds of students that attend Hogwarts. We're the people who are in danger every month when they transform. People like Trudy Veritas get in trouble for speaking the truth, so it's not surprising that you're issuing some kind of what...ultimatum? About when people will listen to me or not listen to me. Expelling them is the only option, Professor. You're frankly deluding yourself if you think it isn't."

Professor Fjord

"Mr. Buratsche, those words are unacceptable, end of discussion. There are much more constructive ways to express your opinions than mocking your peers, and I'd be willing to discuss non-expulsion safety matters in place of your detention. I have plenty of ideas that I can share with you. Miss Hambeldon is welcome to join in as well. If you prefer to continue to act like a child, the house elves will be happy to have help cleaning their dishes. The choice is yours." 

Fjord felt her frustration rising. Gryffindors were so stubborn at times, but she's dealt with stubbornness before in the past. She wasn't about to give up because of a little fight. 

Edited by Professor Fjord

Ryan Dorland-Nece

He narrowed his eyes at @Professor Fjord. "All I'm doing is expressing my opinion. Did you see how they were treating @Hatty Hambeldon? Because apparently you don't care about the fact that everyone else was spewing anti-goblin bigotry. @Jacqueline Frost even tried to hit me in the face with a plate because of my opinions!"

"I've already made myself quite clear, Professor. Expulsion of the werewolves is what I think to be acceptable. Nothing else."

Professor Fjord

"Did you forget I also reprimanded Miss Frost's behavior earlier? Her Head of House will determine her punishment. Your detention will take place tomorrow night after dinner to give you time to think. If you prefer to discuss things like a proper young adult, please let me know via OWL or stop me in the hallway. The offer will remain until the start of your detention." 

Hatty Hambeldon

She had to speak up now. She wasn’t going to, but @Ryan Buratsche inspired her to. “With all due respect Professor,” she said, “They have been trying to silence us for our opinions since day one. And so has this school and I don’t think that is exactly fair. Why shouldn’t we be allowed to be heard?” 

Edited by Hatty Hambeldon

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Ryan narrowed his eyes at the Professor. “Since you seem incapable of seeing reason, I will see you tomorrow for that detention. I hope you like reading about it in The Prophet, because I’m going to write and tell them all about this.”

”Hatty is right, too,” he squeezed her hand. “The Prophet will be hearing all about this. Or maybe even Trudy Veritas!” Did she even have a show now? He wasn’t sure, but maybe she’d like to know about it.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.