Ryan Dorland-Nece

Thank Merlin for Trudy

Avery Potter

Where was @Headmistress McGonagallIt seemed that every single authority figure was allowing the fighting to continue. She had never felt out of place before, she had always been rather secure in her own skin. As the gryffindor prefect spoke, Avery shook her head. She wanted nothing more then to just scream. Instead, Avery allowed her emotions to get the better of her. She leapt forward in order to attack @Hatty HambeldonWith her hands. Half way through the air, she was grabbed and brought back by @Ethan Smith

“LET ME GO!”

GM of ethan was allowed 

Ethan Smith

Grabbing @Avery Potter "Not worth it... Avery lets go get some Ice Cream or something." She said, and Frost walked in. She knew that @Jacqueline Frost could handle her. Ethan was going to get Avery some ice cream. 

Hatty Hambeldon

"Your bigotry against my being part-goblin is much worse than anything I'm saying," she said looking at @Jacqueline Frost. "If you want to know what hate speech is, what you are saying about me -- that is hate speech." 

She wanted to cry now. "I'm just trying to advocate for safety." 

And then she saw @Avery Potter start to try and attack her but Ethan Smith held her back. Hatty said nothing about it, but she knew it proved her point. Sometimes saying nothing at all was better. 

Harmony Granger-Weasley

"Guys, don't personally attack the others just because they're attacking us." Harmony tried to say through the chaos. "Even though they're using offensive statements, we don't have to say the same to them. We can be better, we don't need to fight fire with fire, if that's all they've got to us is those offensive statements, then that's all they've got. We have better arguments and they know it. They're just trying to shock us to get anger out of us." 

Edited by Harmony Granger-Weasley

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Ryan was quick to put himself between @Jacqueline Frost and @Hatty Hambeldon. “You’re literally using your condition to try and justify your anti-goblin bigotry. If you talk to her like that again, there are going to be consequences.”

Seeing @Avery Potter try to attack his girlfriend made him narrow his eyes at her. Then he shook his head at @Ethan Smith. “Are you seriously going to let people talk to Hatty that way? You know she’s part-goblin, right?”

He held Hatty’s hand. “We won’t stand for your disgusting behavior. From any of you.”

Salomé Schiferli

Salomé sighed. "You are more than welcomed to voice your opinion, but you'll have to deal with others voicing their opinions back. I would be one thing if we were dealing with the adults who attacked us, but we're children. Some of them were first years. How could you be okay with verbally assaulting children?" She shook her head. @Hatty Hambeldon and @Ryan Buratsche had to understand people have the right to voice their own opinions. 

"Are we forgetting they didn't ask to be attacked. I saw the aftermath." She looked over at @Harmony Granger-Weasley. "They're victims and you're making this worse than it already is. You should be ashamed of yourself." This had to be the most she has spoken all year easily.

Ethan Smith

"What? @Ryan Buratsche I shouldn't allow people to talk to @Hatty Hambeldon like that, but I should allow you and her talk to my werewolves friends like that. Nah... sorry.... I can't allow that. I stoped @Avery Potter" Who was still in his arm. "But before you tell me to stop something, have your girlfriend not talk about my friends like she is."

Edited by Ethan Smith

Avery Potter

She squirmed as she tried to get away.

“I DONT WANT ICE CREAM” Avery’s voice was raw. “I WANT TO BE TREATED FAIRLY.”

She wanted to be the same old Avery. She had not asked for this to occur though her writer did and knew that it was not fair. 

Hatty Hambeldon

She squeezed Ryan's hand for comfort. "We're kids too you know. And," she added staring at Ethan Smith. " You're a hypocrite you know." She was disgusted. He was only going to try and stop her just because she was telling the truth about his friends but wasn't going to stop his friends from talking about her in the bigoted ways they were doing? 

Ryan Dorland-Nece

“Your friends have a beast classification of XXXXX. It’s not the same thing,” Ryan deadpanned at @Ethan Smith.

”Sure,” Ryan said sarcastically to @Salomé Schiferli. “Ask yourself, is there any real difference between your friend there and the werewolves that attacked? I’ll help you out. There isn’t.”

Jacqueline Frost

"Hurts doesn't it?" Jack raised an eyebrow. "Hurts to be on the other side of the words doesn't it. If you don't have something nice to say – and you don't have the character to actually take it when people snap back in the same way instead of wanting to break down like a scared little girl — then maybe, just maybe don't say it at all. Not so strong without your boyfriend — oh there he is." 

Jack scoffed at @Ryan Buratsche's threat. "Consequences? What are you going to do hex me? @Ethan Smith has hexed me to hell and back, I punched Julian Trice in the face, I'm not scared of a whining, pathetic, prat that uses his attack to justify being King Arse of the anti-werewolf mob. I'll ask you again: why do you get to spread word of your attack as a sob story in which you're the victim but my story makes me a monster? Watch your words, Buratsche, if you want a monster, I'll give it. I have nothing left to lose." 

Ethan Smith

“I know @Avery Potter. Everyone should be treated fair. I was trying to help with that. But fair is only when one person is right and not another person.” He looked over at @Hatty Hambeldon “I don’t want to be one, but I guess I am. Since you are not right, they were attacked and didn’t ask to be what they are. But they have to deal with it.” 

This was the aame argument over and over again. 

Looking ober towards @Ryan Buratsche now. “Just because they are clarified doesn’t mean flack.”

Edited by Ethan Smith
Adding to roleplay

Hatty Hambeldon

"And I didn't ask to be part-goblin either," she responded to @Ethan Smith. God she was really tired of having the same argument over and over again. No one was on her side except for her boyfriend it seemed like - at least among the people who spoke up about this issue. But worse, now they were attacking her for being part-goblin and that just made her blood boil even more. 

"It's a lot different when you are attacking me for being a half-breed than what we are doing with beasts that are classified by Newt Scamander himself as XXXXX. I get you're human most of the time. But I am never completely human. You can blend in normally with society. I could never do that. And this makes it so much worse that I'm being attacked for who I am because I'm not a liability to turn into a dangerous being." 

Harmony Granger-Weasley

"Please, think about what you're saying when you call us nothing more than a beast with a XXXXX classification." Harmony pleaded, before she began crying. "I'm sorry you can't see beyond your own fears, into our experiences for once." 

Hatty Hambeldon

"Did I say that? I said you had the potential to turn into an XXXXX creature once a month. I didn't say you were only beasts," she said to @Harmony Granger-Weasley. "I even acknowledged that you're human most of the time. The real problem is that some of you are now attacking me for being part-goblin. Why don't you also look at what some of the people on your side are saying first?" 

Edited by Hatty Hambeldon

Avery Potter

“You are wrong, @Hatty Hambeldon.” Avery said in a hiss, “You certainly are a xxxxx rated...” her speech was promptly cut by a hand over her mouth. 

Ryan Dorland-Nece

“So what, you’re threatening me now?” Ryan narrowed his eyes at @Jacqueline Frost. “What are you going to do, Werewolf? Bite me?”

”Hatty didn’t either, Ethan,” Ryan snapped at @Ethan Smith. “So maybe spend a few seconds thinking before the next time you open your mouth, yeah?”

“That’s what you are, once a month,” Ryan said to @Harmony Granger-Weasley. “Crying isn’t going to make me take back facts.”

He gaped at @Avery Potter. “So do the Potters condone anti-goblin remarks? Because you’re certainly acting like it.”

Julian Pritchard

Julian looked up uneasily when the Hufflepuffs started joining in the discussion. As he was sitting at their table, trying to have breakfast, it meant ignoring it was a lot harder. Especially when Avery started getting upset. It made Julian grit his teeth. 

"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," he piped up, mostly directing his words at @Hatty Hambeldon, "Was written in 1927, around forty years before the Wolfsbane Potion was invented. The discussion in that book about how dangerous werewolves are is hardly up-to-date or complete. A werewolf who takes Wolfsbane keeps their human mind. And should probably be classified as a being, in that case. Not a beast."

Edited by Julian Pritchard
man, I really should proof-read better

Hatty Hambeldon

"Then how come it hasn't changed? The Ministry could change it's mind anytime. These are classifications governed by the Ministry. But they haven't changed." 

Jacqueline Frost

"Bite you?" Jack couldn't help but laugh. "You're not even worth the Azkaban sentence. No, I think I'll settle with the next best thing." 

With a smirk, Jack reached for the nearest plate and swung forward with as much force as she could muster intent on knocking him out cold (preferably permanently) but before the plate could make contact with Ryan's jaw, something — someone — pulled her arm back. 

"LET. ME. GO."

Julian Pritchard

"Do you people ever pay attention in lessons? Most people can't get Wolfsbane." He clenched his fists. "But we aren't talking about werewolves in general. We are talking about us. We do not turn into that because the school makes sure that we do get Wolfsbane." 

Ethan Smith

“No don’t give his the pleasure of saying he was right. Take the high road and let’s go.”

Professor Fjord

There was yet another incident where a crowd of students seemed to be forming around her own students. Fjord sighed, and turned her attention to the table's conversation. Before Kirsi knew it the scene became more angry than she would like it, and she overheard some very unpleasant words being directed at the werewolf students by the usual suspects. They had, apparently, been told and warned not to upset their werewolf peers several times already. Kirsi knew it was time for a more drastic measure, as supported by the Headmistress in their most recent staff meeting. 

"ENOUGH." Kirsi yelled angrily, in a voice that would probably scare most young children. 

"I heard everything. Don't think we can't hear up at the staff table. @Ryan Buratsche, @Hatty Hambeldon. I do not condone your behavior, absolutely no excuses for this. You've been warned by other professors several times. Ten points each from Gryffindor. You've earned your detentions today, the Headmistress, Hogwarts, and myself do not stand for any form of bigotry, this goes for you too, @Jacqueline Frost, and @Avery Potter. Violence, bigotry and threats are not an acceptable answer to upsetting statements. I'll be speaking with your Head of House for appropriate further punishments. As for everyone, if you all are ever upset by any statement, please, don't hesitate to call a staff member. We are here for everyone." 

Edited by Professor Fjord

Hatty Hambeldon

"The ministry knows that too. I'm sure they could change classifications of werewolves who take wolfsbane if they thought it was a good idea. But apparently they don't. I realize it's not accessible to everyone. You're luckier than most werewolves. Congrats. Does not change the fact that if you just miss one dose, you're just as dangerous as those without wolfsbane." 

Professor Fjord came over and docked her 10 points and gave her detention. She was steaming but at least she had called out Jacqueline Frost and Avery Potter who, in her opinion, were making the bigoted statements. 

Hatty bit her tongue at Professor Fjord's words. Yes, she was going to take her punishment but that didn't mean she liked it. 

Edited by Hatty Hambeldon
for Fjord's post <3

Jacqueline Frost

"I'm not going ANYWHERE with you!" Jack snapped, slamming the plate against the table and letting it fall onto the floor. 

And then @Professor Fjord had to get involved and Jack rolled her eyes. 

"Ah yes a proper punishment with my Head of House the hag that studies creatures like myself for a living?"

One day she'd learn to quit while ahead but today was not that day.

"Are we going to be test subjects? Werewolf guinea pigs? Fun, maybe you can lend her one of your portkeys that send people up into space — test out if a werewolf can survive on the moon as a human or would they go full wolf." 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.