Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Dorland-Nece

Thank Merlin for Trudy

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Ryan gasped when he heard the broadcast. Trudy Veritas had been released! This was a victory for truth tellers everywhere!

“Thank Merlin for Trudy! I’m so glad she got released, she took such an important stand,” Ryan mused, checking the paper for any other items on the case. 

Harmony Granger-Weasley

Harmony could feel her blood boiling. Justice had not been served that day. Of course, the bloody Ryan kid was out spouting victory everywhere people would listen. Harmony rolled her eyes. 

"Don't you realize how much danger she put us in?" Harmony hissed. "There are people who, surprise, hate werewolves even more than you. She published my private medical information. Why is my life suddenly an open book for everyone's judgement because I was on the tooth end and not the claw end of a werewolf!" 

Edited by Harmony Granger-Weasley

Veronica Dursley

"She put you in danger?"

Veronica scoffed.

"I think you mean you put us in danger every second you're still at the school."

Pine Tree

👀 

He didn’t say anything he just gave @Ryan Buratsche those eyes and kept on going, 

Edited by Pine Tree

Harmony Granger-Weasley

"REALLY. Haven't we gone over this already?" Harmony said. "Why don't you go to a different school then, you have options. I'm staying put." 

Ryan Dorland-Nece

“Uh, there are like eleven of you and hundreds of us. It would be much easier for the lot of you to leave.”

Veronica Dursley

"I mean two of you have the name and probably the funds to afford going to other schools."

She looked over at Ryan, "Some of us don't. I know I don't. "

Hatty Hambeldon

"She was right to release your information," Hatty replied. "The more knowledge we have the better." Knowledge on some levels was some power, and if it was going to keep everyone safer, than Hatty was all for it. 

"You become known wizard killers once a month without wolfsbane." 

Julian Pritchard

Julian grimaced at the commotion that was starting up on the Gryffindor table. He had mixed feelings about what Trudy Veritas had done, and how she had done it, and he had even more mixed feelings about the fact that she had been arrested for it. But there was something about @Ryan Buratsche's tone that made it really hard not to say anything. 

He'd gotten detention the last time he'd gotten involved in anything, though, so he merely tightened his grip around @Hazel Wheeler's hand and continued eating his toast. 

Harmony Granger-Weasley

"I'm not leaving, that's final, I have rights too. If you choose not to leave, I'm sure the professors would love to protect you in your common rooms with additional security on the night of the full moon." 

Salomé Schiferli

Salomé glanced over at @Hatty Hambeldon. "Does that mean your medical information is a free for all as well? Since it seems like no one has privacy. If they're free for all, so are we."

Ryan Dorland-Nece

“She’s right,” Ryan gestured at @Veronica Dursley. “Isn’t the Minister your grandmother? You could easily afford to go to another school.” He shook his head at @Harmony Granger-Weasley.

”Did you know that Newt Scamander wrote about you in his books?” Ryan added, echoing @Hatty Hambeldon. “You have a beast classification of XXXXX. That’s the same classification as a basilisk.”

He rolled his eyes at @Salomé Schiferli. “Their medical information could kill us. It almost did already.”

Hatty Hambeldon

"Of course not," she snapped. "This is different. Confidential information should be released when it comes to issues about safety. Besides, the only medical information about me would be that I'm part goblin and I hardly think that's a secret." 

It was pretty damn obvious given that she was shorter than everyone else and looked different, right down to her pointed ears. 

Edited by Hatty Hambeldon

Harmony Granger-Weasley

"I prefer to go to Hogwarts, just as you do. We have that in common. Nothing can make me to go to a different school. I plan on continuing my education here, end of story. There are plenty of safety precautions in place for us right now, you just don't understand. Also, do I look like I'm transformed right now? No. That statement is very offensive, you're basically saying that I'm not human all the time." 

Ethan Smith

"Again? If you don't like someone just don't talk to them." Ethan said as he looked over towards @Ryan Buratsche and @Hatty Hambeldon. "Everyone is able to have opinions, but keep them to yourselves." He really wished that there was some professors around to stop this. Even @Headmistress McGonagall wasn't going to be able to stop this. Ryan and Hatty were not going to change their minds, Ethan was fine with that. He knew that his friends would be able to hurt people, but he wasn't going to just call it out. His friends were his friends, no matter what they were. 

Hatty Hambeldon

"So then stop hating on us for our opinions," she said to @Ethan Smith but really she was directing it to everyone. "We have a right to what we believe and a right to say it too. Don't you get that we feel attacked too by you all constantly insisting we're being mean? We are just trying to advocate for safety." 

Edited by Hatty Hambeldon

Harmony Granger-Weasley

"You can advocate for safety without personally attacking us, making offensive statements, and demanding we be expelled." 

Ethan Smith

"I do get that you are feeling attacked also, but they are also feeling attacked. So if you stop, they stop. Then no one can feel attacked. Hatty, how would you feel if you had a poster with your name on it saying that you were danger." Looking at her, and then at the others that were there. " @Hatty Hambeldon I know that not everyone is going to get along, but everyone should stop hating on everyone. No one wanted to be attacked."

Avery Potter

Avery had tried to stay within the shadows for as long as she could. She had no more tears to cry. Instead, all she felt was a strong sense of an emotion she had never felt before. As chatter went around her, Avery heard a voice strong, and her face moulded into a glare - one that the usually cheerful girl had never used before. 

“Well then.” Avery said to @Hatty Hambeldon “The moment that the wizarding world turns again half goblins and tells you that you are defunct or broken do not come to us for allies. Because they will, many in the wizarding world do not understand what it is like for someone to be different. I do not care about your opinion. I did not ask for this to happen. I DID NOT ASK TO BE TURNED INTO A MONSTER.”

Hatty Hambeldon

"I'm just stating the truth about werewolves. Which everyone here practically seems to have forgotten. Did you all not witness the scene in the Great Hall afterwards?" She looked at @Avery Potter. "News flash, the wizarding world already is against goblins. And that is actually bigotry because it's not like we're dangerous. We don't have the potential to turn into XXXXX category beasts once a month." 

Salomé Schiferli

Salomé buttered her toast and she cocked an eyebrow. "Are you sure? Last time I checked Harmony is human first. She's a wolf one night a week. How does that change who she is inside?" Salomé questioned @Hatty Hambeldon. "If you want their information released then who says any of us has privacy?" She took a bite of her toast. "I just find it funny you're feeling attacked when you're attacking them. Ironic isn't it?"

Ethan Smith

"I was there Hatty, I was right next to a friend when they gotten bitten. I know that they are dangerous, but that doesn't mean I am going to stop being their friends. Just because their lives were change doesn't mean they should be outcasted." They shouldn't be Ethan was trying to keep the peace but it was not working at all. Not since Hatty said something about the attack. He was right there when @Jacqueline Frost got bitten, right next to him. There was nothing he was able to do. 

Hatty Hambeldon

"All I said was that Trudy had the right to release their information because they are dangerous. That's the facts, plain and simple. And then you all jump me for having an opinion that is contradictory to yours."  

Ethan Smith

"These are children, they are not even adult wizards. Their names shouldn't be in the public at all." There had to be a law about it. 

Jacqueline Frost

There were only so many utensils that could get bent out of anger, so many times she could stab her food imagining she was attacking someone like Ryan instead, reminders that she needed self control ran through her mind — all for nothing. Fact of the matter remained, Jack didn't want to control herself. She didn't want to be civil to the people that posed a danger to her existence, her education, if they had a right to run their mouths why didn't she have the right to want to rip their tongues right out? Eliminate the root of the problem rather than the symptom. 

Morbid yes, it was the principal of the thing. 

Both sides needed to be held accountable for their actions. For the humans, talk shiz get bit — for the werewolves, a lonely cell in Azkaban if they ever took it too far and the draw between too far and self-defense was often blurred with Jack. @Hatty Hambeldon, literal half-breed that she was, was the biggest hypocrite of all and when @Avery Potter addressed her, Jack was right there to add fuel to the fire but in her own way. 

"Look, Gizmo," Jack sweetly smiled, approaching Hatty. "They already went for the Vampires, I can't wait until they come after your species too. Maybe tomorrow when we're no longer a novelty that sells stories and brings ratings, they'll decide that maybe you should be classified as a creature meant to be studied in Care of Magical Creatures as well rather than a person. Well, not like much would change you're barely a person. Should have used the energy to grow. Oh wait." 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.