Jacqueline Frost

Starting a fire 'cause all you really wanted was just to watch the world burn

Jacqueline Frost

CONTINUED FROM HERE

In the past getting dragged away from a scene of the crime was Ethan's way of keeping her out of detention, and while she hated the interference of the then prefect, she also secretly enjoyed the attention. Things were different now. Their dynamic changed at the start of the year and following the attacks the respect and admiration she had for him diminished to the point where she wanted nothing to do with him. In fact, when she was in the hospital wing, Ethan Smith was the second name on the list of people Jack refused to see.

There were two things that needed to be established however. First, Jack didn't blame Ethan for her own attack and second, she didn't hate him — angry and disappointed yes, but she didn't hate him. Maybe that was why she remained silent while he hauled her out of the Great Hall in a manner reminiscent of how things were before.

Even when he threatened to silence her she held her tongue, but the second he put her down, instead of arguing she did what he never expected her to do: she pulled out her wand and sent a Lightning Hex towards him.

"You're going to silence me again!? Need I remind you that your bloody spell is the reason Jack Sinclair is a flacking werewolf." Huffing, Jack crossed her arms. "I have nothing else to say to you." 

Ethan Smith

Why did she have to be like that, why did Jack have to just act like that. It was something he was used to, but it didn’t mean she have to be like that. Ethan was there when she was bitten, and it was his fault, and his fault alone. That she wasn’t able to defend herself again the wolf cause he silenced her. Which thinking back to it all now, it was wrong and he should have left when she wanted to leave.

No he didn’t do that, he was to worried about his exams and not the fact that Jack wanted his attention.

It seems like no one noticed that he picked her up and walked her out and was saying he would silence her, which he wouldn’t do. The words just came out of his mouth and he didn’t want to say those words, he would never silence Jack again. He made that promise to himself. Never would he allow Jack to be defenseless again.

When they gout outside of the Great Hall, he places her back on her own two feet. Grabbing his wand, he blocked the lighting hex. “Seems like you learned a thing or two with sending spells at me. I am impressed.” Maybe something would get her talking.

“I shouldn’t have said those words Jack, you don’t think I know what happen. I was there, I saw it happened. I shouldn’t have silenced you I should have left when you wanted to leave. But my exams were more important than listening to you.” Taking a deep breath, he looked at her. “Sorry won’t change anything. I know that. It’s all my fault. I take all the blame, but Jack. I can’t have you getting more hurt.”

Ethan was scared for her, she might have the words but he felt like she didn’t know how much she was able to get hurt, “I didn’t lie when I said I care for you. Never. I can’t stand the fact that you got bitten cause I couldn’t save you. I couldn’t save anyone at all.”

Not crying, he wasn’t one to cry but his face features were not happy ones. Looking at Jack, he placed his wand back into his holster. “If you need to get anger out, take it out on me. Just not in front of the whole school.”

With people hating her kind, he was worried that she would get hurt more. All this was what he was thinking he didn’t how Jack would respond to if she was able to know how his mind was. 

Ethan saw her as a sister, someone that he needed to protect. What he needed to know, and would find out at some point. That she didn’t need to be protected, that she was fine handling things herself.

Edited by Ethan Smith

Jacqueline Frost

"Lightning contains between ten and two hundred thousand amps," Jack deadpanned, "the human body can only tolerate so much." The lightning hex had been her project since the first term, first with the intention of playing a practical joke or two on Ethan but now it served as something she could use to attack. 

"Your exams were more important!?" She didn't hide the venom in her tone, the anger seething in every word. The audacity to admit something like that to her after everything that happened. "I was there, Ethan Smith. Idon't think you were doing any thinking with the head on your shoulders when you were busy flirting with that golddigging Gryffindor." 

She rolled her eyes at the Head Boy's petty apologies but he was right about one thing: sorry wouldn't change anything. Jack didn't need his apologies, didn't care for them, the blame for her attack had never been pinned on him but if he wanted to blame himself for it then maybe she'd entertain that thought. 

But when he was dropping words like care and referring to her, as in he cared about her, Jack almost wanted to take it all back. Almost. 

"You tried to play hero when I wanted you to run," Jack drawled, approaching Ethan as she spoke. "And when I needed you to save someone you couldn't. Didn't. All I wanted was for you to be safe and when @Jaxon Sinclair got taken down I wanted you to save him... you didn't. I never needed your protection, I never wanted it so if you want to wallow in self pity don't pin it on me."

She scoffed following his comment about how he didn't want her to get hurt. 

"I'm not in danger they are," Jack countered. "They shouldn't get to run their mouths and live to spread their bigotry. Threats need to be eliminated before they get in your way. All threats. Doesn't matter who or what they are you get rid of them first before they get rid of you."

Edited by Jacqueline Frost

Ethan Smith

Was she trying to give him a lesson about lighting? He knew what Lighting was able to do to a human body. Remember back to a time... that wasn’t something he needed to be thinking about at this moment. NO. He was here to get some words out of Jack. “I know what it can do, I almost died back... never mind not like you would even care.” 

She wouldnt care. There was no getting through at this moment. 

That tone, he didn’t like that tone. “Fine you are right. I was studying for my exams at first.” But he was trying to flirt with Alecia, which now he wished he couldn’t. He wished that he was able to take that away and got her away from the whole scene that took place. Though he couldn’t, and this is what was happening now. 

There might be things he just didn’t say, and Jack might not want to believe that he cared for her. Not after how everything between them has been since her first year. 

Her words hurt. They hurt more than finding that letter that said his parents were alive, but didn’t want him. He grown close to Jack, they were friends in an odd way. “I shouldn’t have played hero, but I couldn’t see people get hurt like I got hurt and with that I allowed two people I care a lot about get hurt. Jaxon already lauded it into me.” He wouldn’t forget that duel at all, he never felt worst in his life. “I wanted to save him but when i finally came to my senses he was bitten. I couldn’t do anything. Nothing. I’m a failure.” 

Hesring her say thay dhebwasnt in danger but they were. “Everyone is in danger. I don’t want you to out to be like that person that died that night. I couldn’t live with myself if that was you or Jaxon. These people are full of hate, and I...”

He couldn’t bring the words out, he wanted to say that he couldn’t lose her, cause what would he do if Jack wasn’t around to make his life a mess. 

Would his life mean anything? He grown fond of Jack. “I don’t want you to get hurt.” The words were no where close to what he wanted to say. “Jack...” 

If she hated him, then she needed to say. He would leave her alone and not get in her business ever again. 

Headmistress McGonagall

Minerva took a deep breath as she exited the Great Hall. Merlin, she didn’t even know where to begin. Flamel had left the school in such a state when she left that it was no wonder the students were mistrustful and angry. She didn’t blame those who were angry with those who were acting on their worst instincts, either, but there had to be a better way. A solution, somewhere, that she hadn’t thought of yet.

She spotted Ethan Smith, the school’s Head Boy, speaking with Jacqueline Frost a moment later. She cleared her throat as she approached, folding her hands in front of herself.

“Sorry to interrupt, Mr. Smith and Miss Frost,” she said, although her tone was clear and sharp, and conveyed that she wasn’t sorry in the least. “But I believe it’s important that we have a word right now.”

“Your conduct, Mr. Smith, is unbecoming of a Head Boy. You will be serving detention later this evening for your conduct tonight. Say, putting the books in my study back in alphabetical order? Eight o’clock?”

She then went a step further, vanishing the Hufflepuff Head Boy’s badge on his robes. “To remind you that you are a student, just like anyone else. The badge will reappear when you have completed your detention.”

She then turned to address Jacqueline. “As for you, Miss Frost, I’d like to speak with you. Seven-thirty, in the Headmaster’s Tower. Not to worry, you’re not in trouble.” It was clear that the girl needed to talk to someone, and she was determined to set an example for the rest of the staff.

Jacqueline Frost

'I almost died'

"Don't." Jack interrupted.

'Nevermind'

"Don't you dare!" Jack added but the statement had been concluded and Jack had half the mind to punch Ethan.

"Don't you EVER say that I don't care about you, Ethan Lee Smith," Jack hissed, her grip on her wand tightening and she feared that the next spell to be cast wasn't going to be one acceptable by Hogwarts standards. "You were the only authority figure I respected, even when I made your life difficult I could count on you and you let me down first. You were my first c—" She choked back the word, refusing to let him know that he was the first person she ever had a crush on. He wasn't worth that title.

"Doesn't matter anymore. You were my mentor, my hero, and you let me down. I wanted us to leave and YOU thought exes were more important. Than me. You didn't hesitate to cancel a prefect meeting when I said I had an emergency," Jack reminded, remembering the embarrassment she'd felt when her cover had been blown and the Furby hit her in the head. "But you couldn't leave your studying for exams that won't happen for another five months on hold for me. Do I actually matter to you or am I just your excuse to get out of doing things you didn't want to do in the first place?"

Her eyes stung but the tears were held back and Jack refused to break. Not in front of Ethan — crying wasn't going to change anything.

"I was ready to fight a werewolf if it meant I could get to Sinclair, if it meant I'd keep you safe and you know what the worst part is? I would STILL fight a werewolf for you." When she knew she shouldn't. They weren't the same anymore, and to pretend that there was any opportunity for normalcy was wishful thinking.

"I'm aware of how much hatred is in these people," Jack countered, putting her wand away and prepared to have a semi-civil conversation. "I'm aware that there are people my age — your age — preaching for our expulsion but they're not a danger to me. They're the ones who are going to get hurt, not me. If they want a flacking monster then I am going to give them that. Mark My words on the full moon they will all—"

Her statement was cut short by the Headmistress's voice and Jack turned slowly in disbelief.

"If you're searching for an apology you're not going to get one, be on your way now," Jack announced, keeping her attention fixed on Ethan. "Oh you mean I'm not in trouble yet," she addressed McGonagall. "Merlin knows everyone in this bloody castle who has any opinion aside from 'werewolves deserve to be expelled' has ended up in detention for being decent humans. It's only a matter of time til I'm next." 

Ethan Smith

Standing there, he was ready for anything that she was going to throw his way. He didn’t know what she was going to do, but whatever it was he was going to be ready. Knowing that she was upset and not happy about anything. 

There was so much that she didn’t know about him, he was not this perfect person that she was saying that he was. A mentor, hero… what were those things. They were not Ethan at all. Not once did he think that someone was able to think things like that about him. 

He was fifteen when they meet the first time, and now he was eighteen now, but he had fifteen years before he even meet the girl that was standing there in front of him. She has grown so much. “Five months, yes they are five months away. But those exams mean the differences between the job I want. That is why they were important. A prefect meeting isn’t as important. I didn’t know I was those things to you. I.. I…” He just didn’t know what he was going to keep saying, so much was rushing in his head, so much. 

The fact that she saw him as a hero, that was something he still wasn’t able to believe at all. There was no way possible that he was a hero. “You learned, I am no hero. I will never be hero. Tell everyone that, tell everyone what a loser I am and how I was not able to save anyone.”

Maybe his face should one some poster around Hogwarts. As being the worst Head Boy in the world. Maybe Jack could put his face all over them. “You are not an excuse for anything. If I didn’t want to help you then I wouldn’t have let you stayed at my house. I wouldn’t be using what little money I have to help…” Why would he tell her that he was going to help her with her wolfsbane issue over the summer.

Ethan wanted to make sure that she would be safe. 

What was she saying, was she saying that she was’t going to take her potion. But before he was able to say something the headmistress was there. 

THE HEADMISTRESS…

Ethan was just being a friend and taking Jack out of an area that she shouldn’t be in. There were people that would hurt her, even if she didn’t want to believe it. While he knew what he did was for a friend, Hoping that the headmistress would see it that way.  

She didn’t 

Jack talked first and it seems like for once someone wanted to listen to Jack, which was a good thing.

Unbecoming… Ethan was went a little blank. His conduct had nothing, nothing to do with being the head boy was made with when he grab Jack and took her out of what was happening. 

Trying to be the hero that he wasn’t.

“I wasn’t…” hBut it seems like she was saying that he was going to have detention tonight with her and alphabetizing the books. “Yea ma’am.” He would go to his detention and do what he needed to do, nothing was wrong with that It was something he would do and be alright with it. He just thought that he would see that he was helping a friend, and not using his badge for his advantage, but then she took his badge away and said that he was a student like everyone else.

“Yes Ma’am.” He didn’t know what else to say, he wasn’t going to talk back to the headmistress at all, he did wrong in her eyes and he did right in his eyes. He looked down at where his badge used to be, it might be for the best. He wasn’t even doing well as a head boy since he got the badge at the start of the year. 

Headmistress McGonagall

“I don’t believe you heard me correctly,” Minerva said, “You are not currently in trouble. We can certainly change that, if you like, but I’d prefer we not do that. I would like us to talk. Seven-thirty, the Headmaster’s Tower.”

Ethan was showing some contrition, at least. “Good, Mister Smith. I will see you there later. It will be a good opportunity for you to reflect on how it is you treat your classmates.”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.