River Wolfe

It’s going down.

River Wolfe

Staying at Hogwarts over the winter holiday did put a toll on the prefect, when he wasn’t struggling to stay on top of his studies for the next term, he was either in the hospital wing getting ready for his transformation or in Hogsmeade participating in odd jobs to finish paying for what he had ruined in his fourth year.  Which he couldn’t afford to replace but he found some rather high-fashioned Dragonhide boots that he was able to get bedazzled in just the right way that any girl would surely fall in love with.

As the student body had returned from their holiday, so did his attacker, the prefect figured he should at least attempt to make a public apology as it could show some or little remorse of what he did even though it technically wasn’t his fault.  Walking into the Great Hall with the gift in arms, he walked up to @Dove Lightwoodwith his biggest smile and presented her gift.

”Hey Dove, I know I ruined your scarf last year, but I’ve been working my arse off-“

Was all the Ravenclaw managed to say before she had interrupted him.

Dove Lightwood

Dove had only returned in order to complete her NEWTs.

Her fathers had given her the option to stay home, to recover, and to take her examinations by correspondence. She had actually declined the offer that she had longed for. She forced herself to return to the school in which she had been attacked viciously within. Her dreams were filled with the memory of a monster being upon her chest. She could smell the copper blood even though her wounds were sealed. She could feel the ache of her ribs, which had been crushed underneath a weight that had been unbearable.

She wanted to face her demons.

She wanted to show the world she was not a victim.

Dove Lightwood was many labels – she was cold hearted, she was fierce, she was unstoppable. She refused to be the person who ran away after an ordeal and hid. Her only focus was on finishing school, then leaving it behind as she would a bad wardrobe choice.

The voice of someone who caused her blood to boil was enough for her carefully stoic self to fire up once more. Dove turned with a single motion, eyes narrowing at the sight of the fifth year who had been the reason of the attacks. He had barely spoken before she started, not wanting to let him get away with this.

“Just shut up, Wolfe.” She hissed. “After what you made happen last term, after bringing your friends here, I wouldn’t try anything.”

River Wolfe

Just shut up, Wolfe.

As if on queue, his figurative, and once a month, literal tail, curled between his legs as Dove’s words cut him like a knife.

”It’s just a late gift,”  He spoke softly still trying to hold the apology that he didn’t need and shouldn’t have gone through great lengths to obtain.  Then something confusing happened, Dove spoke of his friends, which to be honest, River didn’t have many, most were his housemates, Drew, Alec, Petey, and Thalia, which, he mostly only talked to Drew and Alec now-a-days.  But nothing made sense to the prefect, what he and his friends had done?

”Weeeelll, if your talking about @Kaleb Kennedy ..”. River trailed off before connecting dots that weren’t there, “He’s not really my friend, which, honestly he’s a bit of a arse, kind of wonder how he got into Gryffindor actually...”  Then his other friends popped into his head, which again were not his friends but showing signs of improvement.  “Oh!  Do you mean @Killian Dracel and @Damaris Denton ?” He Quickly blurted out, “They’re not my friends either per-say, but I think we’re all having an understanding of each other...  So it could happen one day!”

Then something clicked in his mind, something should have been so dreadfully obvious the second the Slytherin spoke the words last term. which then everything came full circle.

”It...  It was...  YOU!”

Edited by River Wolfe
How are words even spelled?

Dove Lightwood

Dove Lightwood had done some truly wicked things within her almost eighteen years. She could not name many of them – for they were not that important to her – however her treated of the younger prefect was truly the most enjoyable. She had found a purpose for her first term, in which she had been able to focus on something other then NEWTs or her relationship with Idina and how it was going.

She smirked the moment that Wolfe finally understood her comment. Had she meant for him to find out? No. Did she care that he had? No. Someone needed to put him in his place, and she was more then happy to be that person. There were many reasons why she disliked him. He was a clothing destroying idiot, and anyone who harmed her clothes needed to be punished in a humiliating way.

“Catch on quick.” She replied, before she brought out her wand. Ensuring that her voice could be heard throughout the hall Dove attempted to get the attention of everyone there. “LISTEN UP EVERYBODY. I WANTED YOU ALL TO BE THE FIRST TO CONGRATULATE WOLFE HERE ON HIS FURRY INFLICTION.” She shouted out.

River Wolfe

River’s heart sank the moment Dove’s voice become louder drawing attention to the whole room, he stood frozen, not knowing what to do as all he could do was just stand and realize that he was about to be outed as a werewolf.  All eyes were on them now as a circle seemed to form from the scattered students, what was River to do?

”Dove please, don’t!”  The werewolf spoke in a broken voice one in which the Slytherin probably wanted to hear, “Don’t do this!” He pleaded to her looking at her wild and twisted expression.  It was this moment in his life that he felt the most fear of being a werewolf, Well, second from being told he was one, which that had only been a few months ago.  Then something snapped inside River, something that months of fulmination finally bubbled over the brim of his personal boiling pot.  He shouldn’t be feeling fear, he felt anger, something that was completely justifiable, well, at the moment, it was.

”WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME!?”

The werewolf barked dropping the box and pulling his wand, tip directed to the prefect.  “You have been threatening me for months!  And now, after this horrid attack, now you decide to act?”  He was not going to have any of this, Dove needed to be taught that she couldn’t continue to act like this, not for his sake, or towards the other werewolves at the school. 

YOU are the deranged beast, not me!” 

Dove Lightwood

If Dove had a soul, she would feel disappointed in herself with her actions. She did not, however, have any sense of the world around her. The Slytherin went through life knowing that she was meant to be the centre of attention. She had always been taught by her fathers that she was the best and that she could achieve anything if she put her mind to it. They did not stop and explain that her actions towards others could define her.

“I am protecting the innocent students within this school.” Dove replied seriously. She truly believed that he had something to do with the attack that had injured so many students. Why else would wolves had appeared within their school if they were not looking for one of the newest pack mates? River clearly had brought them into the castle in order to show the students how dangerous he could be.

“You are dangerous, Wolfe. You are a monstrous beast who cannot control emotions. If given a chance, you would bite anyone within his hall.”

She glared.

“You deserve to be expelled.”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.