Prince A. Charming

I'm a werewolf, baby, so why don't you kill me?

Prince A. Charming

Whispers and weird looks were following Atticus everywhere and he didn’t know why. He hadn’t been keeping the fact that he was a werewolf secret but, last he knew, only a few people were aware of it. @Samuel Curtis, @Harmony Granger-Weasley, his family, and the staff at school. He didn’t think anyone else knew because no one had asked him. If they had, he would have been honest. Maybe people had guessed about it since he did have a bite mark visible on his neck. Or maybe he was simply being paranoid now that he knew the full scope of what being a werewolf meant.

He sat down at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall for breakfast the first day back from the holidays and began to load his plate with food. Whenever he stopped, he could hear the whispering again. Was he hearing things? Maybe he was going crazy. Was that part of being a werewolf? Maybe that was why those werewolves had attacked the school. It was a thought and he would have to ask someone who would know about it later. Maybe one of his friends or perhaps a staff member. He was sure someone would know the answer.

The boy began to eat and saw that people were watching him. He looked at who was around him and wondered if maybe it was those people were being ogled and not him. He wished that he had one of his friends around to ask but he didn’t see anyone. He tried to shake the weird feelings since he thought he was overthinking everything. His entire life was different. Again. First, he’d found out he was magical. Now he was a werewolf. He was starting to worry that it would never end.

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Since the attack, Ryan saw danger everywhere. And now, there were werewolves in their midst. Real, verifiable werewolves. There were so many of them too. He'd only seen one up close and personal, but he knew that more than just one werewolf had appeared on the grounds that fateful night. Even in the rose garden, he and Hatty had heard the screams.

When a younger Gryffindor sat down nearby, Ryan heard the murmurs of werewolf. It was enough for him to turn his attention on the little Gryffindor who was piling food high on his plate.

All he could see when he looked at him was the wolf that had broken his ribs and given him permanent scars. The wolf that had made his girlfriend scream in terror. The one that had been seconds away from sinking its teeth into his neck.

"Go away. Nobody wants you sitting here."

Prince A. Charming

All he wanted to do was eat in peace. Was that too much to ask? Apparently so. People continued to shoot him looks and they were clearly talking about him. He should have just gotten food and left. But he didn’t want to change his life for other people, especially when he didn’t even know what it was all about. Did he have something on his face? Was there toilet paper stuck to one of his shoes? Had someone hit him with some weird spell and he didn’t know about it so now he looked weird?

Atticus didn’t think that it was because he was a werewolf and people knew. Only a few people had been told and he doubted they had said anything, even though he wasn’t hiding it. He had never been hiding it. He just wasn’t shouting it from the rooftops. If people asked him directly, he admitted it. Most people just hadn’t asked him, though. Maybe he had been stupid to tell people but he didn’t think that was it. The people who knew were his friends. He really didn’t think they’d just go around sharing stuff about him.

Then someone spoke to him. He looked to the side and said, “What do you mean? I’m just eating.” It was the truth. He was still piling food on his place and hadn’t even said anything to anyone. How could no one want him there? He wasn’t doing anything to offend. He didn’t know the older boy who had spoken and didn’t know what to think of the situation. He turned back to his plate, thinking about eating as quickly as possible and going to find his friends.

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Ryan narrowed his eyes at the younger Gryffindor boy. His retort immediately made him think that he was being mocked, and he didn't like that one bit. It didn't occur to him that the young Gryffindor might not have known the implications of what he had become. 

Ryan, through his years at Hogwarts, had grown out of some of his bad behaviors, but in that moment, they were coming back in full force. "What do I mean?" Ryan hissed at the younger Gryffindor. "I mean that you're a werewolf. And because you're a werewolf, it's too dangerous for you to be here. You should just leave." 

He folded his arms across his chest. "Are you going to listen or are you going to say another dumb thing like 'what do you mean'?" 

Prince A. Charming

Apparently he would not be afforded any courtesy at this dinner. He continued to get looks and the older boy next to him was not being kind to him. What he had done to deserve this, he didn’t know. He was the type of kid to fly under the radar. At least at Hogwarts. In his muggle school, he had been popular. He hadn’t minded attention there. But here it was different. He didn’t like being magical. He didn’t like magic. He didn’t like any of it. All he wanted was to return to his former life. That had been taken from him, though. The second the werewolves had bitten him, they had sealed his fate.

He continued to put food on his plate, trying to ignore everyone around him. When he went to take his first bite, he had to stop. The kid next to him had spoken again. “How did you know that?” Immediately, he was disappointed in his friends. Had they told people about his condition? He had not been hiding it but he hadn’t been broadcasting it, either. And he had thought that it was his truth to share, not theirs. He was keeping Harmony’s secret for her! He really hoped that it wasn’t them, though. He didn’t want to be friendless. His life was hard enough as it was.

After a beat he decided to say something else, “And I deserve to be here just like everyone else. It’s not my fault I was bitten.” He had just been… there. He hadn’t done anything to deserve it. He hadn’t asked for it. All he’d done is gone to the Great Hall to study and he’d been attacked along with most of the student population. He was unlucky is what it came down to.

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Ryan gave the younger Gryffindor boy--Atticus--a quizzical look. "Do you seriously not know?" It was almost surprising. The broadcast had been big news. He'd heard it on the wireless over the Christmas holidays, and it had been in the news since then. "Your name. It was read on a broadcast. It was on this show called The Truth. It was read along with the names of all of the other werewolves at the school."

At least the ones that had been bitten on November 8. Ryan didn't know of any other werewolves, but what he did know was that Hogwarts was full of secrets. If one came out of the woodwork, he certainly wouldn't be surprised.

His hand clenched into a fist, and before he knew what he was doing, he had shoved the boy's food aside. "It doesn't matter. You're one of them now." 

Prince A. Charming

As always in the wizarding world, Atticus was clueless. He knew nothing. It felt like that was the summary of his life since finding out he was a wizard. He had been so confident and sure of himself in the muggle world. He’d been a star football player, an average student, a good friend. He’d had a good life and then it had been changed in an instant. He had gone from knowing himself and the world around him to knowing absolutely nothing. It wasn’t a good feeling and it only got worse with each passing day in the magical world.

He fell silent as the older boy answered him. His name had been read on some sort of broadcast. He hadn’t been aware that wizards had TV or something like it. But it meant that everyone knew. Everyone knew what he was. It explained so much of what had happened since he’d returned to school. He looked around him, finding that the glares only got worse.

Then his food went flying. Clearly, this boy did not like werewolves. “I’m a werewolf but I’m not one of them,” he said. “I’m the same person I was before. I haven’t changed.” He didn’t know why he had to explain this. It seemed pretty obvious to him that he was the person he had always been. Or at least been since he’s started at Hogwarts. “And it’s not my fault it happened to me. I couldn’t have done anything to stop it, either. I tried.” He’d tried so hard and his attempts had been futile. It still bothered him.

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Everything about this boy was frustrating. In a way, he reminded him of himself, when he was first starting out at Hogwarts. 

He gritted his teeth, feeling a sense of satisfaction when Atticus’s food went flying. “The fact that you are a werewolf makes you one of them,” Ryan hissed. “There’s no difference between you and the werewolves that attacked. None at all.”

He shrugged when Atticus said it wasn’t his fault he’d been bitten. “It doesn’t matter. You’re still dangerous.”

Prince A. Charming

It was honestly amazing to Atticus how dumb this boy was. He had no sense of the world and clearly could not think critically. In a way, the muggleborn felt bad for him. How sad a life he would lead if he was so close minded and hated others simply for existing. Perhaps the second year’s thoughts on the matter would have different if he had not been bitten and simply attacked. Maybe he would have thought that all werewolves were bad, too. But he couldn’t imagine that because he couldn’t justify lumping everyone of one sort together. It didn’t seem right to him. Or fair.

He rolled his eyes, making sure that the older Gryffindor would see the action. “You’re an idiot if you think that. I would never attack anyone else and I always make sure to take wolfsbane. You saying that is like saying all muggleborns are dumb or all muggles are evil. It’s wrong and it’s unfair.” He stood up from the table but didn’t move away. “I feel sorry for you,” he said before turning and walking away. He would get food from the kitchens and then return to Gryffindor Tower. He would have to tell Harmony about what had happened.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.