Harmony Granger-Weasley

Everybody has those days

Harmony Granger-Weasley

It was amazing to Harmony how one reporter wanting to uncover the truth could cause her the worst pain in her life. Much more, in fact, than when she got attacked, despite the fact that Trudy Veritas didn't have any sort of claws. In her opinion, what she experienced in the past few days paled in comparison to the werewolf attacking her. The injuries healed, the wide wave of rejection would affect her forever. People who were once friendly to her turned the cold shoulder when she spoke to them. She got angry glares from some, including parents, that she didn't even know! She didn't understand this new life that Trudy Veritas bestowed on her, a gift in the name of transparency. It disgusted her that someone was so very interested in whose lives were changed forever, that she didn't deserve an education because she was a victim of an attack. She also knew that as much as she would yell about equality and fairness, her voice would be drowned out by voices like Trudy's, the ones who shouted the loudest and catered to fears of those around her. 

Oh, not to mention that she felt like she had the nastiest flu in the world at that moment. Her transformation that night was coming fast and she would have to report to the Hospital Wing in a few short hours to endure even more pain and take the worst tasting potion in the world. #ThanksDottie. 

Due to getting a little bit extra sleep (because she felt like a herd of hippogriffs hit her square in the chest), Harmony didn't see the group gathered around the posters until it was late and they were dispersing. When most everyone that was causing the chaos left, she went up and investigated. The content of the posters made her want to lose the contents of her lunch. Who would believe such things? She wasn't a threat or danger, as long as she took her wolfsbane. No matter how smart she was, how human she was, how well she did in school. No matter if she was a hero or a villain, these people would only think of her as a dangerous werewolf, that needed to be expelled for everyone else's protection! She deserved a right to education, so did all of the other new werewolves! Hogwarts couldn't simply expel the new werewolves, could they? Did the school have that power? She didn't do anything wrong! 

Harmony was now retreating to a classroom that she figured wouldn't be used. She wasn't feeling well enough to go to class, but wanted to get some reading done before she went back up to the dormitory to sleep. She pushed open the door, and saw a little Gryffindor figure she recognized as one of the other new werewolves. It definitely was different knowing about the others, and not having to keep her own secret anymore. Perhaps he'd be a new friend. Sure, she had Atticus, who also was a werewolf, and Ralph, but she was always open to new friends. 

"Hi." Harmony said. "I hope I'm not intruding on anything. I was just looking for a place to study, I'm not feeling quite well so I was thinking about heading up to the dormitory to sleep before I have to go to the Hospital Wing." 

Pine Tree

The events that happened in the great hall, they were the worst. While there was people that were caring there was those that he figured would be the way they were. It just seemed liked that they didn’t think that werewolves were still human. It was making Pine feel like he was not even a human anymore. He was trying to hide the fact that he was a wolf, and that lady. He didn’t even want to speak or think her name, thought that she had the right to just blast their names out to the whole wizarding world. 

It was the worst feeling in the world. Knowing that everyone knew what he was, or almost everyone. He didn’t know who didn’t know and who didn’t know at all. Still, he figured that after the attacks people knew and were talking about him and now he knew that people were calling him a monster. Pine called himself a master and did didn’t care what Molly said that day in the great hall, he was allowed to call himself a monster. Since that was something he was. 

He knew that people were worried about the fact, the fast that if he didn’t take his wolfsbane. That was the only reason he stayed at Hogwarts. Well came back after the holiday, his parents wasn’t able to afford the potion, so they sent him back so he could take it. He got why people were scared if he didn’t take it. He just knew that he was going to have to take it, he already did twice. It's been two times now since he has transformed into a wolf. It was the worst feeling in the world and didn’t wish it on any one. 

Pine was hiding out, knowing that he was feeling not the best. Six days he has taken the potion and was feeling like crap. Knowing that in a few hours he was going to be heading towards the Hospital Wing to be locked up for the night. Knowing that was the best place for him so he wouldn’t hurt anyone. That was where the potion was also, knowing that he needed to take it so he would have his mind while being transformed. 

He was sitting alone in one of the unused classrooms, he was just trying to not show his face to anyone. Everyone knew that tonight was the full moon, and he figured that people at Hogwarts were freaking out since there was at least ten names that were called on that radio show. He didn’t know how many people were listening but he knew that he didn’t want others to be saying things to him on the night he was supposed to transform. 

Then someone walked in, as he was just sitting there. Looking up, he didn’t know who she was. Not by name, but as she was talking he could tell that she was a werewolf also since she was going to have to go to the wing later. “I feel horrible, and I just want to sleep.” Though if he was to walk to the dorm and sleep like this girl wanted to do he wouldn’t wake up. “Wouldn’t it be safe to just go to the wing, that way people don’t freak out. And sunset is early this time of year.” 

He was trying to hold back his tears, knowing that soon he would be in a locked room and just laying there. “I’m sorry, but I don’t know your name?” He said, as he was got up and walked over towards a window and see what was happening outside. Knowing that he had an alarm set that would tell him when he needed to get to the wing. 

Harmony Granger-Weasley

It seemed that this classroom was a popular place for hiding out from the crowd. Harmony could emphasize, she was wanting to do the same when she came across Pine. Even though she knew him, he didn't seem to know her, so she figured it was time for a proper introduction. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I'm Harmony Granger-Weasley. I'm the Minister's granddaughter." She said the last part out of pure habit, something that she always said when introducing herself to witches and wizards. "You're Pine, right?" Harmony asked. "It's great to finally meet you, though I wish we would've met before under different circumstances." Harmony wished that they weren't suddenly werewolves, she wished that her life was back the way it was, where she didn't have to worry about society and transforming into a canine every single month, while feeling extremely ill on top of everything. 

"We should have freedom to walk our own castle corridors without harm. I just walked here fine. There's no need to spend the entire day in the Hospital Wing when we aren't actually like...sick enough to be there until later today. You know what I mean? Even though we feel awful now." Harmony said. "The people who think otherwise, I think, are in a very vocal minority. I like to believe not everybody believes what was written on those dumb posters this morning." She rolled her eyes. "Someone is just an idiot, and doesn't deserve to be friends with us. If they don't think we deserve an education, they shouldn't even get our attention." Sometimes, it just felt good to vent. 

"I think I'll head up later this afternoon after my nap. I'm pretty good at waking up to an alarm, and all I'll do anyways tonight is sleep too." That was what she did the first transformation, anyways. It wasn't a fun experience. "Anything in particular you want to talk about?" Harmony could talk about a million different things, but she wasn't going to blab her whole werewolf story unless he wanted to know. 

Pine Tree

The classroom did seem like the perfect place to hide, since it didn’t seem like there was many people there. Sure he was alone and would get into trouble, but now that Harmony showed up he could say that she was his buddy. Just he didn’t need a buddy, there was nothing else worst that was able to happen to him. He was no longer who he was at all, but this new person and he didn’t like it. Didn’t like what was going to be happening tonight, this was going to be the third time it happened and he didn’t want to deal with it again. 

How was she so bright about all this, like she was just able to talk like nothing happened in her life. She was the Minister’s granddaughter and she was acting like everything was fine. About meeting under a different circumstances and they should be able to walk around freely. 

“They are scared of us, I would be also if I was in their shoes.” Knowing that his parents had wards up at the forest to stop werewolves from entering. It was because they knew what a werewolf was able to do, Pine also knew what he was able to do if he was to forget to take his potions. “We might not be sick, but we are cursed.” Knowing that she had to know about the history of werewolves at Hogwarts.

Knowing that he has read up on Lupin and Ward, and while they were both different, when they were not on their potion bad things were able to happen. Things that he wouldn’t be able to control at all. At least she had hoped that not everyone would feel that way. He figured that people were always talking about him, calling him a monster, and knowing that he would be able to hurt them.

Even if he was sick, like he was right now. Pine was very sick and hated the week leading up towards the night. “Good luck with that, I wouldn’t do that and I will spend my time in the wing.The sun set is to early for me to good back to the tower and then to the third floor.” 

Looking around, and he looked at the shadows that were walking by the door, it was something that he didn’t like. Someone could hear anything that he was talking about. 

“There is nothing I want to talk about.” He looked down from where he was at, and started to wish that this would all just leave. Pine knew that he wasn’t going to be able to change anything in his life at this moment. “I feel sick and just want to not deal with this anymore.”

Pine hated this and wanted it to be over and feel ‘normal’ again, but nothing was normal. Nothing in his life was normal at all, and this sickness today was proving it to him. 

Harmony Granger-Weasley

Harmony was coping as best she could with the sudden revelation that her life was flipped turned upside down FOREVER. Her werewolf condition wasn't something that would go away with medicine. She was cursed with it, and, like Pine said, people were scared of them. Even though they were only transformed for one night, with their humanity intact and protected in a ward, which they wouldn't be allowed out of, they still only saw people like herself as a monster. 

Her approach to the condition was different, perhaps because of her Gran's position in the government and her platform as the granddaughter of the Minister. Thanks to that, she was able to ignore the loudest voices, the ones telling her she needed to be expelled because she was a dangerous creature that needed to be contained forever, her Gran would love her regardless of something that she couldn't even control. She had a lot of sympathy for Pine. He wasn't in a similar place as she was, and thus must have had a totally different experience with those loud voices. He needed support, well, they all did, but perhaps she could be a form of support for him. 

"It is scary, but we're only transformed one night out of the whole month, and the Hospital Wing has wards and potions. The rest of the time, we're human, students who go to classes and do homework and have dear friends. I was told by someone wise that those loud voices are just loud opinions. There are others who support us too, did you listen to the program recording and how angry people were at that nasty woman? Some people don't like that I'm a werewolf, especially that I'm the Minister's granddaughter, but it's what I have to deal with now. They don't even know me! What we have to deal with, it's our new normal, I wish we didn't have to deal with this." Harmony was worried about the future, and what it would hold. 

"Life isn't fair. This just sucks. It all sucks, and all because some werewolf decided we were tasty enough to chew on. We didn't even have a choice, and now people want us expelled for something we can't control. I'm so frustrated with people's opinions on something that happened to me, and now I'll turn into a wolf once a month for the rest of my life." Harmony let out a sigh of frustration. 

Pine Tree

Hiding out, it was something he was good at these days. He was trying to get around with not having anyone near him. Though that was something that was hard. This buddy system was not something he liked at all. Still, he was able to get away from people and not deal with them at most times. Yet people would yell at him that he needed a buddy and Pine just didn’t care. 

If his brother wasn’t around or Leon, there was no need for him to have a buddy. No one wanted to be near him. At least that was something that he was thinking. Why would someone want to be around a werewolf, and with tonight being the full moon. No one was wanting to be close to him. He wasn’t even able to find his brother, he was sure his brother was worried that he wasn’t taking his potion. But that was the only reason Pine came back to Hogwarts. So he was able to take his potion, he hasn’t missed all week. That was why he was feeling like crap and laying his head on the table. 

“There were wards at Hogwarts, and they broke through them. I am sure people think that can happen in the wing.” He was sure people were thinking that, since he was thinking that why wouldn’t someone that wasn’t a wolf be thinking that. There were people that didn’t want them here. Which he understood, Pine didn’t want to be here and yet he was here and he hated it. There was one reason, and one reason alone he was here. It was for that potion, but he didn’t know how it was going to be when he was home and couldn’t afford it. Well his family for that reason. It was not something that was cheap at all.

It seems that Harmony was talking away, and Pine only listened to half of it. What was her deal with talking about being the Minister granddaughter, that didn’t change anything for Pine. He was still just a Tree, there was nothing was was exciting for him. If he was gone, no one would care. His name meant nothing to people, nothing at all. 

“I don’t care if this is out new normal, I don’t want to deal with it and if I can pretend that I don’t have to I will.” Knowing that in a few hours he was going to the wing to transform into something that he hated, something that he was told to fear while growing up. And now, he was one of them. 

“I did listen to them, and great there are people that care. But there are more that don’t want us here. Have you not seen the posters in the great hall, people wanting us to be expelled. There is so many people that hate us, which I get. They were told too, we are beast, we can kill.” They could, and it could be one night without the potion, or missing one durning the week. 

Not knowing why harmony thought things would be alright. Pine knew that they wouldn’t and he was alright with that, he was fine with it, he was NOT fine with it. He put his head down and just started to cry again, this was something he hated and it was not something he would get over with in time.

Harmony Granger-Weasley

Harmony didn't know what to do. Pine was crying now, she hadn't meant to upset him at all. Really, he was doing what she wanted to do all the time. How she stayed strong through this, she didn't know. Perhaps it was because she felt like she couldn't break down and cry, or maybe she had already cried all the tears she had inside of her. This, however, this was a different cry. Harmony didn't like it, and it began to break her down. She felt a lump in her throat rising, causing it to become sore with tension. The signs that even more tears were going to come soon. Very soon. 

A drop escaped the corner of her eyes. Keep it in, Harmony. You have to stay strong. Someone has to in all this chaos. If she stayed strong, perhaps Pine would see that things could be... decent. Even though the situation they were in was bleak and everyone in the universe wanted them away from Hogwarts for doing nothing wrong. However much she tried to keep it all in, the well broke and Harmony felt herself crying as well. 

"I hate this. So much. I don't know why people think we have to be punished with expulsion for something we didn't do wrong. I hate that we hurt every month because of it. It hurts so much." Harmony sobbed. "I don't know if I've lost family members because of this. It's a lot to deal with, and I wish we didn't have to deal with it. I hate that people don't like me anymore because they think something bad might happen and they're terrified of me. I wouldn't harm anyone." 

Everything was so fresh, so new. She sat down and curled up her knees to her chest, resting her feet on the chair ledge. It felt better to do that than standing. At least here she could cry where nobody else was seeing her other than Pine. 

Pine Tree

Crying, it was something he hated to do. That was always Box. He was the emotional one. Pine wasn’t, he was one that always had fun and did whatever he wanted and didn’t care about the rules at all. Just now, now he was following them. Feeling like if he didn’t he was going to hurt someone, or someone would hurt him. It was just the worst feeling in the world. Something he wished that he didn’t have, but it was there and there was nothing that he would be able to do about it. 

Looking at her, with redness under his eyes, he was trying to stop the tears from falling down. Just they wouldn’t stop, and they would just keep coming. Knowing. That the full moon was tonight, and knowing that he wasn’t going to be himself. It was something he hated, very much hated. 

Then it happened, something that he was not expecting. Harmony seemed to be someone that had it all together, sure she wasn’t much older than Pine, but it just seemed like she had it all together. Just she broke. Saying the same things that he did, or what he was thinking. 

Pine didn’t know what to say, so he got up and walked over to where she was. No one should have to be alone in this. This was not something they wanted, who would want to get bitten by a werewolf and have this happened to them. 

Pine grabbed her and held her tight. “We all might have lost family members, but we have one another.” He was saying through his tears. Knowing that he need others to get through this. 

Thinking that Box was someone that might not enjoy the fact that he might be able to hurt him. Pine worst thought was forgetting the potion when he was back home and something was to happen. 

That wasn’t something he wanted to happen. Holding her tight, he just sat there and cried with her also. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.