Ryan Dorland-Nece

WEREWOLF STUDENTS SHOULD BE EXPELLED

Josie Potter

Josie walked into the hall just in time to hear someone, a prefect, bring up her Great Uncle's name.  No, he wasn't a blood relative but her Grandfather, @Harry Potter considered him family and so did the rest of the family.  She stood there trying to figure out what was going on, her mouth open in shock at the posters.  However, it was when that stupid argument -- the same one that Trudy bull *insert word here* artist Veritas -- that set her off.

Walking over to @Behati Gadot, Josie shook her finger at her (in true Molly Weasley Sr fashion) and said, "Don't you even try to use that.  He missed his potion trying to save Grandpa and Grandpa calls him family to this day!  He was  a good man!"

She'd have said more but @Professor Foster arrived 

Edited by Josie Potter
1 second slower than Professor Foster

Jacqueline Frost

Jack would deal with Ryszard later, this rivalry with Sinclair had gone too far for too long and the last thing anyone needed was to add fuel to fire. Especially when there were people like @Behati Gadot and while she wasn't going to deal with her here, she knew where the girl slept (sleep with one eye open xoxo) and her time would come. 

She would pay. 

But not right now. 

Not with Professor Foster in the Great Hall now. 

"The one running her mouth like she's running out of time on this planet." 

And by the way things were going, her time was running out. 

Molly Stone

Molly didn't think she particularly deserved house-points for not being a total moron, but the corner of her lip pulled up in a half-smile at the Ravenclaw prefect, anyway.

"And Galen went to Azkaban for it." In these types of situations, people annoyingly liked to pull the "Galen" card like some sort of trump card or a Hah! Gotcha! and it was obnoxious. "As far as I know, he skipped his dosage intentionally, even if the murder wasn't in a state of awareness. That's a different case entirely."

She glared at Bee, expression darkening. "Years and years ago, in .. a severe circumstance. Wolfsbane development has come so far since then, and we don't have Professor Snape as the only Professor capable of brewing it."

Molly turned toward Professor Foster, but said nothing. As angry as she was by the posters, she was no snitch, and she thought she'd been handling it herself.

Edited by Molly Stone

Ryan Dorland-Nece

“So? He still missed his potion,” Ryan said defiantly. 

When Professor Foster came on the scene, he shrugged. “They’re mine.”

Aster Darling

Aster ignored everyone for a moment. Right now she was focusing on @Pine Tree.  He was more important than a stupid fight. "Being a werewolf doesn't make you a monster. It doesn't. It doesn't change who you are on the inside." She said placing her hand on his chest. "You're still who you were before the attack. It doesn't change that, Pine."

Aster firmly believed that. He was the same person with a monthly problem. "You've changed but you're still the same kind Pine. That wasn't taken from you." She said then glared at @Behati Gadot

"Are you going to ignore the fact that he was also a hero? Does the fact he was a werewolf change that? It doesn't." When @Professor Foster appeared,  she glared at @Ryan Buratsche.

Arabella Jones

"You think this isn't violence?" She asked, looking incredulously at @Behati Gadot. "Throwing people out onto the streets and not doing the least to help them to save your own skin? You think any of this would've happened if werewolves weren't so excluded from society?" She really was going to end up sending a hex Behati's way. "You really are a horrible, horrible person, and I hope that eventually comes back to you in the form of karma."

She opened her mouth to say something else, only to interrupted by Professor Foster's timely arrival.

Idina Iordanau

Idina hated werewolves, but hadn't heard the broadcast as she was on a surfboard in Bali and had, in an act of Merlin himself, no clue what had transpired on the radio broadcast. Coincidentally, she also hated many of the people at Hogwarts - though not as many as one might have suspected prior to the werewolf attack. Seeing a large group of students being loud and... somewhat violent in some cases, Idina hesitated.

Fortunately, @Professor Foster arrived at the scene, so Idina finished up her last few bites of food, gathered her things, and walked past them, a silent Silencio! aimed at whoever might be in misfortune's way as she disappeared into the hall for class.

If you want to be silenced, you can claim the spell. If nobody does, clearly it hit a wall. Idina just can't be arsed, but also can't resist chaos.

Idina Out ❤️

Pine Tree

It doesn't change who you are on the inside.. The tears were starting to fall now. "It does change who I am, I am not who I am anymore." He was never going to be the same person that he was anymore. Then she was saying that Pine was the same kind of Pine. There was no way he was the same. Nothing was the same, why couldn't she see that he was not the same. Right now sure, he was human!Pine but what was going to happening when the full moon came, he was not the same.

"I transform on full moons, the old Pine didn't do that. Why can't you see that I am not the same."

It was something he had to tell himself and someone trying to tell him that he was the same person, it was hurting him more than anything else. He knew that he wasn't the same anymore. "I will never... never be Pine ever again."

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Ryan huffed at the first year. “I know you’re young, but it doesn’t give you an excuse to be that bloody stupid. You’re talking about people being injured and killed like they accidentally broke a vase or something. They didn’t mean to do it. Who bloody cares?! PEOPLE STILL GOT INJURED. PEOPLE HAVE DIED.”

Behati Gadot

“Going to Azkaban doesn’t make Margo any less dead!” What were they all not getting about the “dead” part of the whole situation? Margo Ward was DEAD! D E A D. It didn’t matter what happened to Galen afterward—no punishment in the world would bring her back to life. She was no more. Finished. She was deader than a doornail. Behati didn’t care about werewolves being punished after they had already killed someone. She cared about them not killing anyone at all.

“There’s no such thing as a good werewolf. It’s an oxymoron. Nobody would want to be a werewolf because they know how awful it is, and they know they lose control of themselves during a full moon,” she told @Josie Potter. “If they’re allowed to acknowledge how awful being a werewolf is, then so am I. Especially considering I was used as a damn scratching post when I was outside on the Quidditch Pitch trying to protect first years like you from being killed.”

Ryan backed her up and Bee finally felt like there was some sort of justice being restored.

“I sleep better at night knowing that I stand on the side of school safety,” she spat at @Arabella Jones. “It’s a damn shame you don’t feel the same way.”

Everything had gotten so out of hand that Bee almost forgot there was a professor (@Professor Foster) present. “I put some of the posters up.” She wasn’t ashamed of what she’d done. “I haven’t told anyone anything that they didn’t already know. I’m allowed to say my piece just like everyone else.”

Edited by Behati Gadot

Molly Stone

"Each person who hurt anyone on the night of the full moon should be tried accordingly, their werewolf state aside. Did they skip their dose intentionally? Because that's a crime. Was it part of some bigger scheme, where they were merely puppets, as anyone is when a death eater puts them under an imperius curse? In that case, they're probably just as anguished over it as we are."

"As far as I'm concerned, the only person who I know did something wrong was the auror—the human—who killed the werewolf. He wasn't in a compromised state. He was perfectly aware of what he was doing, and clearly incompetent if that was his reaction. Same with the other aurors who used Unforgiveables. The Ministry of Magic is crap."

"You're not a monster," she snapped at Pine, irritation needling. "That's insulting to yourself and to the others afflicted as well."

Aster Darling

Aster knew he was hurting. While Jessica could be annoying she was wise. It took people a while to see things. "You're not. Even then the new Pine isn't terrible. You're a good person Pine." Aster insisted."This wasn't your fault. You're blaming yourself for something that wasn't your fault."

When @Ryan Buratsche turned his attention to her, she glared, letting go of Pine's hand. "Don't you dare!" She stormed over to him. Aster was small in height, exceptionally small for her age, but that has never stopped her. "Don't you dare call me stupid! You're stupid. You let you're fear blind you! I was attacked!" She pushed up her sleeve showing the scar from elbow to wrist. "I refuse to give into my fear. How dare you!" And with that she gave into her impulses and tackled him, putting all her weight into it.

Julian Pritchard

Julian stopped abruptly as he got to the Great Hall, mouth open as he took in the posters. He couldn't remember the  last time he'd gotten really angry at anything, but there was something about entertaining the possibility that the Headmistress would listen to them; that he'd never get to finish his education, that he'd be shunted off to the muggle world where he couldn't get wolfsbane or count on warding to keep him from attacking whoever was around, that had him flushing and curling his fists tightly at his side as he looked from @Behati Gadot to @Ryan Buratsche.

"You realise," he said, and it was difficult to keep his voice at a reasonable volume. He didn't particularly care that he was talking over other discussions, or that there was a professor watching everything. "That if we get expelled, we can't get jobs. Or use magic to make sure we don't get out during the full moon. How are we supposed to make sure we don't hurt anyone then? Besides, expulsion is a punishment. You can't punish people for something they have control over. It isn't fair." His voice cracked a little, then, and he started walking away, shooting one last look at Behati, because hadn't she always cared about fairness? 

Pine Tree

He might not have been as soft spoken as he was, since someone else said he wasn't a monster, it was nice to hear that but everyone else that was saying he was one or shouldn't be here, they were over weighing everything else that is being said. He looked at the prefect, he was the only one that he could remember in his house. Her saying that it was insulting to him and the others that were involved. He couldn't say anything, all Pine was able to do was to start crying. 

Knowing that he believed what the others were saying about him, since they were not talking to him just about him. Maybe he needed to talk to @Jaxon Sinclair again or maybe his dueling mentor @Avery Potter since those were two that he knew were wolves also. Beside @Julian Banagher, since they were together when this happened. 

Blaming something that wasn't his fault, he knew it wasn't his fault. @Aster Darling was trying her best to help him. But he just wasn't listening to anything. Just the tears were falling down and he couldn't stop crying at this moment. "Then what am I?" He was saying in-between the tears that were falling.

Winsome Tenpenny

No matter what, Winsome couldn't seem to shake the fact that something like this was used as a ploy to pull the entire school apart and create two different base camps. Though she couldn't exactly express that idea being that she was only eleven, but it only seemed even more obvious when there were signs everywhere outing students who were already outed by that bloody radio show that should never have been allowed to even make the air. Three of the werewolves that were outed were her classmates, one she met on the train, one through a smoothie at her before they got on the train, and the other she hadn't really seen outside of class.

Sure Julian had been seemingly a handful, but that was to be expected when you basically walked around liked you owned the place as if you were the true heir of Slytherin, but Pine was different. He seemed like the kind of person who would give you the shoes off his feet\ (even though he didn't wear any for the most part), clothes of his back, and just be the friend you never knew you needed. Winsome didn't really want to acknowledge that when the first met because of the awkward introduction that he had said that he lived in a forest and her retort had basically been that is the dumbest thing she had ever heard. 

She raised an eyebrow toward @Behati Gadot and at the rest of the people who were trying to claim that being a werewolf was the worst thing ever and you should automatically be labeled as dangerous. Being labeled as dangerous? Wasn't that what the werewolf registry was for? Labeling people as dangerous? Sure, there were other things besides that that made people dangerous, and it was an exhausting list that Winsome had gone through in her mind over the break in the library.

"If you're saying these students are dangerous because they got attacked," she started, "then what about the students who got attacked during the other countless attacks during this school's long and tumultuous history. Should they be labeled dangerous? And while you seem to be focused on that one incident, may I remind you that Hogwarts willingly and knowingly hired a werewolf back in the 90s by the name of Remus Lupin? A man who was revered as a great professor, a member of the Order of the Phoenix, and died a hero protecting the wizarding world from You-Know-Who?"

Jacqueline Frost

Jack turned her attention to the first year addressed by the prefect, feeling a mixture of shock and horror that someone so small, young, with a bright potential future ahead of them was one of them. Like her. 

"Monster is a matter of perspective," she approached @Pine Tree. "To a canary, a cat is a monster. They are just used to being the cat." Shout out to Jurassic World for such wisdom. If they wanted a monster, Jack believed they should give it to them. They already decided they weren't worthy, that they were dangerous, their preconceptions of them weren't going to change.  Why should they bother proving them wrong. "But don't worry, hey won't hurt you. I won't let them." 

Edited by Jacqueline Frost

Julian Banagher

The posters made his blood run cold. Ever since that bloody broadcast, he’d been living his entire life on edge. “ASTER!” He shouted, pulling in the Gryffindor’s arm. “It’s not worth it!”

Professor Foster

"Mr Buratsche, of course."

She was disappointed but not surprised. Ryan Buratsche was often at the center of protests at Hogwarts and had been the catalyst for more than one angry confrontation. Foster had always admired his audacity and willingness to question authority. She had a secret affection in her heart for anyone willing to "stick it to the man". However, up until now Ryan had always been a champion of underdogs. To see him take the side of ignorance and hate was disappointing indeed.

As she considered her response, the argument began anew.

"Alright, alright, you've all had your say," she said sharply. "Please shut up now, while I deal with Mr. Buratsche and Miss Gadot's legitimate concerns." She gritted her teeth and expelled a breath before continuing.

"I take it that you are concerned that the school won't be diligent enough to keep you safe during the full moon. Fair enough, considering past events. While I can assure you that everything is being done to make sure that all the infected are properly medicated and quarantined on the one night of the month when they might be a threat to the student body, you have a right to ask for more than that and I will speak to the Head Mistress about seeing to it."

"From now on, I will personally see to it that anyone expressing similar concerns be locked far out of harms way in the lower dungeons. In fact, if you like, I will speak the the Head Mistress about you being kept safe there the other twenty nine days as well. Because we wouldn't want you to INFECT the rest of the school population with your IGNORANCE and HATRED."

Edited by Professor Foster

Aster Darling

When @Julian Banagher grabbed her arm, Aster looked at him with tears in her eyes. "He is terrible." She said taking his arm and leading him to @Pine Tree, sniffling. "You're a good person. You both are." She said tugging them both in a hug.

Ryan Dorland-Nece

“YES YOU ARE!” Ryan roared back at the first year. “But if you want to put yourself in harms way, I don’t think I can really stop you.” 

He narrowed his eyes at the Ravenclaw. “It isn’t about what’s fair to you, it’s about what’s fair to the rest of us. And you being here is fair to no one but yourself.” 

He rolled his eyes at the Slytherin who tried to equate other attack victims to werewolves. “Are they dangerous? No? Then your point is kind of moot, isn’t it?”

He gaped at Professor Foster. “How can you not understand that werewolves are a different case? You don’t see people who are part-goblin or part-Veela snapping and killing people once a month.”

Josie Potter

Josie turned at Ryan's comment.  "Well you're being here is fair to no one but you, too."

Julian Banagher

Julian hugged Aster tightly. “It’s okay,” he murmured, though his blood was boiling. “I know.” As much as he appreciated the reassurance, part of him wanted to go back to his dorm and shut everyone out entirely.

Molly Stone

"Don't listen to Behati, please," Molly said loudly to the others, growing fed up. She'd expected her logic to be ignored, but still. Her temper had grown short. "She also thinks that all gay people deserve to be locked up. It's nothing personal!"

Her expression softened at the sight of Julian. Julian. She'd seen him dragged off, she knew

Molly, at last, found herself smiling when Professor Foster affirmed what she'd been saying. The Professors cared about their safety and were perfectly capable of brewing Wolfsbane. She even offered an alternative. If Behati argued that, she was trying to start drama. 

"Look at that," she said sweetly. "Professor Foster has offered you the protection you crave. I guess your campaign worked?"

Maggie Sinclair

“Or @Behati Gadotcan just catch these hands, and you can look the other way, Foster.” Maggie pipped up, because when she was pissed, things like self-preservation went skipping off to the buffett table, even in the face of formidable witches like @Professor Foster. She'd heard what the girl had said, and would be following up to maybe force feed her a couple of things too. ?

Pine Tree

Pine was getting ready to say something to @Jacqueline Frost about how she would make sure that someone wouldn't hurt him. He didn't know this person at all, but she seemed to be caring which was something that didn't help much, but he figured that he was just going to be a mess the whole time. While others were saying he wasn't a monster but she was putting it into words that made more sense about how some people can see him as one, and how he sees himself as a monster also. 

Then Aster was calling him a good person and gave him a hug, he didn't hug back, he wasn't going to. He didn't think he was a good person at all. 

Then Professor Foster walked in and started talking about how the school will make sure that no one gets hurt. He was just looking at her, the school didn't know that they had already went though their first transformation here. Not many people knew, but since that lady just said all their names, it seems liked people knew now and were more scared. Pine was scared as it was, he was always scared since the moment he got bitten. 

Then @Ryan Buratsche said something about what wasn't fair for them, but for everyone else. Pine knew that the school was doing what they needed to do to make sure that everyone was safe, the healer was doing her best. Pine didn't know who the other wolves were beside @Julian Banagher. Pine needed to stand up for himself, but he couldn't this was just becoming way too much for the first year. "Why do people act like this?" ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.