Ryan Dorland-Nece

WEREWOLF STUDENTS SHOULD BE EXPELLED

Aster Darling

Aster frowned at Behati. "NoThat isn't right. What you're doing is being a terrible person! Just because you're afraid of what you don't understand doesn't mean you have the right to treat them differently. My Friends are good and kind! Being different doesn't change that!"

Spotting @Pine Tree Aster went over to him, and forgetting her boundaries she took his hand. "She's a monster. You can eat with me if you want."

Arabella Jones

There was a commotion going on in the Great Hall, and it wasn’t difficult for Arabella to spot @Molly Stone standing angrily against one of the younger students. She frowned, wandering over for a closer look—

—and was horrified to see the posters that were littering the once empty walls.

”What...” Her eyes moved over the offensive lettering as she neared Molly, and her ears were filled with @Behati Gadot‘s words. “I think if you’re spreading that nonsense” — she didn’t say ‘nonsense’ — “then they have more of a right here than you do,” she said, fiercely, surprising herself as she interrupted the Hufflepuff’s angry tirade.

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

Enough was enough.   

The anti-werewolf stuff was expected.  @Jaxon Sinclair had known it was coming, he'd been worried about it and even before that blasted broadcast and the holidays it had come up but never in a thousand years had Adrina expected that her own brother... her own twin brother would go this far.  Even if they weren't speak he had to know how she felt and sitting at the hufflepuff table she heard the first sounds of someone shouting above the ever present noise that was the Great Hall at any point in the day.   

She tried to ignore it, she spoke louder to Jack sitting next to her and hoped he would ignore it too but she couldn't ignore it when Ryszard joined in with a sign of his own and she felt fire run through her veins.  She'd been meaning to talk to him about his own stint on the radio and as she saw her own roommate charge across the room she felt as though this was one fight she couldn't let someone else get to first.   

"I'll be... right back." She was unnervingly calm, as her fingers curled into her palms and she stood up from the table.  Her dark eyes focused on one thing, one person only... the same face she'd pretty much seen nearly every day of her life but she found it hard to recognize who he even was anymore.   @Jacqueline Frost was just a blur in her peripheral vision and @Maggie Sinclair wasn't even on her radar despite the fact that the older girl had a firm hold on her brother's shirt by the time she'd managed to get to him.  Neither one of them were going to get in her way as she came up behind her brother,  catching the tail end of the next few words out of his mouth as he attempted to defend himself.   

"SHUT UP!" She shouted, launching herself onto her brother's back... something she hadn't done since they were four and he'd taken the last cookie because he was "older" and he'd gone into some self-entitled speech that a preschooler should never have had the words for.  "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" The words continued angrily as her arms locked around his neck tight, the fingers of one hand digging in and pulling his hair and her knees jutted into his side.  "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING SO JUST SHUT UP!" 

@Ryszard Althaus-Valerio was going down, and he was going down hard and everyone else nearby was about to be collateral damage.   

Edited by Adrina Althaus-Valerio

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

”You can’t prove it was me,” he said to @Jacqueline Frost, stuffing his hands in his pockets, even though he was pretty sure she had seen him put up the poster. There was no evidence — he was sure even Ryszard’s father would stand by him in that.

He didn’t have longer to contemplate, however, as @Maggie Sinclair marched right up to him and curled a fist in his shirt, jolting Ryszard’s entire body. He vaguely recognised Jaxon’s sister and huffed. “I’m pretty sure this is bullying,” he said, rolling his eyes and praying for patience at all the Sinclairs descending on him at once.

The next thing that happened was a complete surprise to Ryszard, though he knew it was a long time coming.

“Addy,” he blinked, addressing his sister for the first time in weeks. He wasn’t about to hit back, but it was getting uncomfortable with her hands around his neck and Ryszard was sure he was about to keel over at any second. @Adrina Althaus-Valerio had never been the most violent person, and now suddenly, years of pent up energy was raining down on him.

Maybe he would just die.

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Ryan nodded in agreement with Behati. “Only they turn into something that could maul someone once a month. We don’t.”

Molly Stone

"Again, Bee, you show your stunning lack of education. Good thing I've come to expect this stupidity from you. If you think any one of these kids don't want to take their Wolfsbane, that they want to put their friends in danger, or that they'd be allowed to just not take it, then you're an idiot."

It was pointless to explain this to someone who couldn't comprehend logic, though.

At the sound of Bella's voice, Molly turned and smiled softly. "Thanks."

Jacqueline Frost

Human scum.

The fact that that had crossed Jack's mind to refer to some of her classmates, terrified her. 

But then again, she was always very vocal about how to deal with threats: eliminate them before they get in your way. 

And if everyone running their mouths posed a threat, she wasn't going to stand by and wait for them to get rid of her first. Her gaze narrowed at her house mate. Months ago, she would have backed the claims — werewolves, halfbreeds — they needed to go extinct. It was different now, any self-loathing she had was pushed into the back of her mind when the broadcast came out. 

Any thought to expose that it didn't take a full moon to be a monster, however was pushed aside when @Maggie Sinclair wanted her turn at torturing Ryszard and Jack wasn't going to protest that. In fact, she was going to stand by and watch the show until @Adrina Althaus-Valerio beat her to it and attacked her own brother. As impressive as that was, and as much as she knew that @Jaxon Sinclair would disapprove, Jack needed to do something. 

"ADDY! ADDY STOP!" 

There, don't you ever dare call her a fake @Ryszard Althaus-Valerio. ?

Behati Gadot

“You were probably too young when the Galen Ward situation happened,” Bee told @Aster Darling. Was this kid even born when Galen Ward killed his sister? “But Galen missed one of his wolfsbane doses and he ended up murdering his little sister. Even Remus Lupin, who we all know as one of the best examples of werewolf civility, missed one of his wolfsbane doses and nearly murdered Harry Potter. Fenrir Greyback, the werewolf who bit Remus Lupin, was on Voldemort’s side during the war!” All of these facts were an accumulation of things Behati had researched herself and Trudy Veritas’s own words. “I know you want to believe that your friends aren’t capable of such a thing, but when they’ve transformed they have no control of their actions, and that’s dangerous. All it takes is missing one wolfsbane potion and we’re all chew toys for werewolves.”

She then turned to @Arabella Jones and @Molly Stone. “The only person being an idiot here is you. If you all want to hold hands and make friendship bracelets with werewolves, that’s your prerogative. But don’t tell the rest of us who were permanently scarred that we owe those beasts anything. Their feelings are not more important than our safety. Who cares what they want to do? All it takes is forgetting just one time, and that’s it. It’s game over.”

Edited by Behati Gadot

Molly Stone

"Woah.." Molly's attention was thwarted by the sight of the commotion. A Hufflepuff was attempting to strangle a Slytherin to death. Quickly, she raised her wand at @Adrina Althaus-Valerio. "Carpe Retractum! Enough. Calm yourself. Do you want to be charged with murder?"

---

Carpe Retractum (Seize and Pull Charm) -- Creates a retractable rope of light which can be used to pull a target to the caster, or pull the caster to the target. 

Aster Darling

Someone brought up Galen Ward, again. Clenching her fist, Aster glared. "DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!" She shouted. "I may be young but unlike you I am not ignorant." She said to @Behati Gadot. "I know who he is. I've looked it upI've heard the name. If you think he did it on purpose, and if you don't think he lives with that guilt every day for the rest of his life, then you're really stupid." She spat out looking at Pine. "Why are you speaking for someone else? You have no right to do that! You're such an ugly person with an ugly heart!"

Behati Gadot

“His guilt doesn’t bring his sister back to life, now does it? And that’s what’s going to happen if we allow werewolves to stay here: a whole bunch of guilty werewolves and a whole bunch of dead students,” she told @Aster Darling. “History repeats itself. If it can happen once, it can happen again. And the werewolves who attacked us last term proved that it will happen again.”

Edited by Behati Gadot

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

Ryszard would forever be in @Molly Stone‘s debt, as she pulled @Adrina Althaus-Valerio safely off of him, and he could sink to the floor without being in danger of his sister pummelling him. He got back on his feet, carefully, and after a thank you nod at the Prefect and @Jacqueline Frost, he left the scene of the crime.

Without a single backward glance in his sister’s direction.

Ryszard out.

Pine Tree

This was just becoming to much for Pine, others were talking, more like screaming, their opinions. He already knew that people hated his kind but knowing that there were people that just straight up hated it. 

He was ready to run, but @Aster Darling said something to him. “I am a monster, a scary one that can hurt people if I don’t take that potion. Almost everyone thinks I am one.”

The crowd of people that said it just proved it to him. Was Pine welcomes anywhere? He didn’t think he would be. Maybe running away was the best option. 

Arabella Jones

”That could be true of anyone,” she said to @Behati Gadot. “You don’t have to be a werewolf to lose control.” She pointed at the third years Molly was currently dealing with. “Case in point. I could lose control right now and hit you and I’m not a werewolf,” she added, a slight warning in her voice.

Jaxon Sinclair

It had been painful enough to feel so separate from everyone else when it had been a secret and everything he felt was the internal belief that people could tell just by looking at him.  It was entirely different to actually see the bigotry that he'd expected put into practice.  Nothing in his life, physical pain or otherwise, had felt quite as alien and agonizing as the sensation that started in his chest when the chaos broke out in the Great Hall after Christmas break.  It didn't help that if he looked too quickly at the stone, he could still see the blood on it though it had been cleaned months ago.  He could still smell the burn of spent magic and fire, hear the snarl of that werewolf that had stood over him, and he could remember looking down into his face and, for the first time in his life, praying that he could just reach whatever human part of him was left.

Prayer, as it turned out, didn't work like that.

He would have ignored it—would have hunkered down and let them fling their opinions about like anyone in the world actually gave a damn what some fifteen-year-old thought.  They were entitled to their opinions, their words, their tantrums....

The problem, however, was that Maggie and Addy had both made it their business without so much as asking him if he wanted either of them involved in this.  It was his business, after all.  It was his life, his trauma, his ruined future—

Jack pushed himself to his feet, weaving through the crowd to where his sister was.  Whatever was happening between Addy and Ryszard—that was family business.  He knew all too well not to get involved in the battles between siblings, which was why he took it upon himself to grab his sister by the wrist.

"Stop," he hissed under his breath.  "Stop, Maggie!"  It was too loud, there was too much chaos.  His head was pounding, a result of the proximity of the full moon to their return to school.  "Listen!  If they want to act like animals, let them.  Everyone will see who the real monsters are when the 'monsters' take the high road."  He glared in the direction of the people hanging the miserable posters, picking fights, turning on their friends.

Oh, they'd been scarred?  They'd been scarred?  

"At least their scars don't make all their bloody bones break twice every full moon," he mumbled under his breath, glancing at @Jacqueline Frost.  "What I wouldn't give for their scars."

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

She felt unsteady, probably from the fact that she had no feet on the ground and Ry's own were not used to carrying the added weight of his own sister so unexpectedly but she still tried to climb her way farther up his back, her own fingernails digging into his shoulder.  They, unlike Jack Frost's, or Jaxon's, wouldn't leave permanent marks but they probably still hurt.   

"Maybe I should bite you!  None of them wanted to get bit?!  Do you want to get bit?" She knew, somewhere, that it wasn't the same obviously, but her own anger was getting the better of her.  She probably would have bit him too if a sudden spell hadn't gotten a hold of her and magically yanked her off of him, much to her own dismay, fingers clawing to stay around his neck and legs resisting.  

Eventually she landed with a huff on the floor at @Molly Stone's feet.   She glared up at the prefect.  "It's not murder if it's your twin." She growled,  it was more like evening the score.  She shot a second glare at her brother's back as she got back on her feet.  This so wasn't over.     

Aggie Price

Aggie arrived on the scene and just stood there staring at the posters in disbelief.  Her disbelief was only increased by the hateful and hurtful words she heard coming out of some of the others in the room.  However, when the fourth year Hufflepuff played the 'Galen Ward' card, Aggie had had it.  

"You say that like you were," Aggie commented, coldly.  "Considering that was before my time, it was definitely before yours.  But if we're bringing up past history, how about we bring up all the good one Remus Lupin did?  The only monsters I see in this room are the ones putting up these hateful posters."

Molly Stone

"There are other ways to get a message across," she told the Hufflepuff. She wasn't sure exactly what'd gone down there. She would've even, perhaps, thought a fist to the nose was acceptable (if he deserved it), but she drew the line at choking. 

"You think they're just going to forget?" She hissed at Bee. "This isn't a homework assignment. This is their life, now. That's like saying someone else is accidentally going to cast an unforgivable curse on their friend. They don't want to murder people." She nodded in agreement with Bella.

"Merlin, Behati, you're an awful person."

Maggie Sinclair

Bullying? Because singingling out her brother on a list of hate was just bringing people together to make friends.  Maggie didn’t even chuckle, just pulled her fist back and would have proceeded to force feed Ryszard her fist, shoe and the ashes of the posters she planned on burning if his sister had not come flying out of nowhere to lay a smack down so efficient and final that Maggie nearly went down with them. Thankfully she was quick enough on her feet to jump back to watch the struggle while Jack Frost yelled and Molly Stone started metaphorically taking off her earrings.

She’d told Jack she’d start the fire no matter the cause, and Ryszard and whoever had tacked up these posters were as good as any, but Jack was suddenly there and Ryszard was not, and if he hadn’t pulled her wrist, the incendio she’d just muttered would have probably gotten the little tosser right in the face. As it was, her lovely little fire ball smacked right into the poster Ryszard had added to, burning it clean off the wall despite there being many more where it had come from.

Aster Darling

Aster glared at @Behati Gadot and almost tackles her when Pine spoke "You are not a monster." She said looking at @Pine TreeYou are aware of what you can do and you will take your potion. There is nothing wrong with you."

She turned to him, but not before glaring at the Hufflepuff. "You're perfect the way you are and you're alive."

Pine Tree

He didn't know who this Ward person was people kept talking about, Pine kept hearing the name on the radio and that was about the only thing he knew. Also that he did attack and kill his sister because he didn't have the wolfsbane. That was something that he was scared of, not getting the potion and hurting the people he cared about. 

Sitting there listening to everyone, it was nice to know that some people did care about monster like him. Though he didn't know how others that were his friends going to handle the news. He had not seen @Margarleon Turpentine since he came back to Hogwarts and he was scared that Leon wouldn't want to be his friend anymore. He should have told him before, but he didn't. Pine had a head time telling his brother and family. 

Looking back over towards @Aster Darling, she kept saying he wasn't a monster. "What if... there are so many what ifs.... I am a monster, were... werewo.... were... wolves are monster and I am one of them. I am not who I used to be."

He knew that Aster knew the reason why he was acting the way he did. It was scary to think that now his roommates knew that was happening. Another friend he had not talked to was @Alec Potter, he didn't know how he was feeling. Or anyone in his dorm. 

He was sure he wasn't able t show his face there also. 

Ryan Dorland-Nece

Ryan nodded in agreement with Behati. “If you don’t think this can happen again, you are being so so so naive. Wolfsbane can be brewed incorrectly. You can forget to take it. And it doesn’t matter if they didn’t mean to do it or whatever. I’m sure Galen didn’t mean to kill his sister. Doesn’t make her any less dead.”

Behati Gadot

“I’m sure hitting me will do wonders to help prove how “peaceful” werewolves and their supporters are,” she snapped at @Arabella Jones. “That’s so typical of people like you: somebody says something you don’t like and you’re ready to resort to violence while also demanding respect from everyone else. You’re not going to punch or hex me into submission.” She’d chosen to come back to Hogwarts for a reason, and she would not allow people like this to intimidate her.

“How about we talk about how Remus Lupin nearly killed the savior of the wizarding world when he missed his dosage, yeah? Since we’re bringing up history. You’re all saying that werewolves would never forget: if “this is their lives now” as you say, Molly, then why did those tragedies happen in the first place, hmm? You cannot just say that mistakes were made, yet expect me to believe that those same mistakes won’t be made again. I’m not going to gamble with my life just so you all can feel good about yourselves for proving how accepting you can be!”

Professor Foster

Peggy Foster had ripped down one of the posters on her way into the Great Hall. She'd been hoping to catch the Headmistress to have a word with her about it, but instead she walked into a confrontation: voices raised, children in tears, the smell of burning parchment still in the air.

"Excuse me," she said sharply. She waited for silence before holding up the offending parchment. "Which one of you is responsible for this?"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.