Pine Tree

I think I am a monster, they say I am a monster

Pine Tree

reaction to this thread

“I don’t want to go back.” He called out to his mum and dad, and walked away. Going back to Hogwarts wasn’t something he ever wanted to do. “I never wanted to go also.” Hoping that his parents heard him. They already had to tell the other parents in the commune that he was a werewolf. Cause they had to figure out some new runes just so he was allowed back in, which was just a mess. 

Pine wasn’t even feeling like he belonged at home anymore. Which he shouldn’t he was a monster. One that could kill everyone that he loved if he didn’t take the potion that he had to take. Which was nasty. He hated it, his first transformation was last month and it was the worst feeling in the world. His body was hurting and he felt like crap. He was only twelve years old and knew that this was something he was going to have to deal with for the rest of his life, twelve times a year. He didn’t want to deal with it. 

Just thinking about it, it made him want to cry. 

Walking away from his parents telling him that he had to go to Hogwarts, since they were not able to afford wolfsbane on their own. Seeing that his brother was sitting there. He wondered where his younger siblings were. Wondering if his parents told them what he was and they didn’t want to be around him. There was just so many questions. 

Pine also knew that his twin loved him, but there was just something about him that was off. He was sure that his twin was scared that he would hurt him. But he wouldn’t want to hurt anyone, but knowing if he didn’t have that potion he could. 

Looking for Box, who was in the same room as their parents. Just not so close, he took a seat and noticed that his parents turned on the radio, and some lady was talking about the attacks, and that she had a list of names.

Looking over at Box, “A list of names? My name… people will… they will… they will find out.” He had been hiding the fact that he was bitten when it happened, he didn’t want people to know that he was a werewolf. 

Worst day ever. 

Box Tree

Box had never been boisterous, exactly - that was Pine - but ever since they’d come back home for the winter holidays, he’d found himself being even more quiet than usual. It just never seemed like the right moment to speak. His twin always looked like anything would set him off, crying at the slightest wrong word. His parents looked harried and worried about Pine, and anything he tried to say promptly got ignored or forgotten. No one particularly seemed to want to talk about the fact that he’d gotten hurt too, which was fine, because he didn’t want to talk about it either, even though the lack of interest still stung. And no one wanted to hear him play or explain to him exactly what they were going to do when the full moon finally came, even though he kept waking up from nightmares featuring his brother (and not, if he was perfectly honest, as the victim).

But it was fine. He was fine. All he needed was a little space to himself where could practice scales and think about literally anything else. Except, of course, his house was crowded with siblings and there was no such thing.

So he was cross-legged on the couch, leaning as he doodled over lined paper and half-listened to Pine make the argument that they shouldn’t go back to Hogwarts. He was tempted to pipe up, though he knew it was probably pointless. He didn’t want to go back to Hogwarts either, but he also would like to know what they’d do about Pine’s condition should they stay. But he fully expected no one would care either way what he thought.

His self-pitying thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the wireless, of names. The world dropped under him as he realised what was happening, and he turned to look at his brother. He had the impulse to get up and tug him away from the device. Maybe he could offer to climb trees with him. Anything, to keep him from hearing this. Except, of course, that he wanted to keep listening. The people they were listing, he lived with them. He had a right to know.

He knew better than to say this aloud, though, so instead he unfurled himself from the couch and walked up to his brother, reaching his hand to wrap around his shoulders. “It’ll be okay,” he said, even though it was probably a lie.

Pine Tree

Hearing the names that were being called out, and people calling in. It seems like most people cared about his safety. Though he figured that there was many people that believed that he was a monster. After what happened at Hogwarts and how many people got hurt, he didn’t know that many names were being called. First he heard Avery… his dueling mentor. Which was something he didn’t know happened, and then there was more names. The next name that he heard was Sinclair’s name. Pine figured that he was one, after that duel they had but he wasn’t one that was just going to ask. 

Pine knew that his brother was hurt, after they were talking in the hospital wing. He felt bad for his brother, his twin shouldn’t have dealt with getting attacked also and now dealing that his twin was a werewolf and there was nothing that was going to stop him from transforming. 

He shouldn’t be next to the device and listening in, but he had to know if his name was going to be told. He had to know if his name was going to be leaked, he was on that list. He knew that he was on that list. 

More names were coming in, but then something happened and she was off the hair. Looking at his brother. “Will it?” He could tell that he didn’t know if is brother was just saying it or not. But it was nice to feel that his brother was sitting next to him and holding it. 

Thinking that his name wasn’t going to be leaked, since something happened. Just the lady was back now and he couldn’t stop listening. “What if… if people are scared of me when I go back. Of you?” Knowing that they looked a like, they were identical after all. 

Pine didn’t want people thinking that it was Box that was the werewolf. 

Box Tree

Harmony. Harmony, Avery. Harmony, Avery, Jacqueline. Harmony, Avery, Jacqueline, Jaxon…

Box kept repeating the names in his mind, trying to commit them to memory as they were spoken. He would’ve normally simply written them down, but he knew how to read a room - kind of - and he didn’t think anyone would take too well to it.

They were surprisingly hard to memorise. He didn’t understand why the woman on the wireless couldn’t just get on with it. Instead, she kept interrupting the list to take calls, to which Box was only half listening, using the pauses to make the names into a song in his mind. Still, it was hard not to pay attention to some of the words they used - like monster. It made him glance uneasily towards his brother, trying to gauge his reaction.

He was doing just that when Pine asked his question, and he froze, staring for a second. He’d thought about what would happen if someone found out Pine’s secret. The thought of anyone confusing him for his brother had never been a pleasant one, but it certainly had become a lot less pleasant as of late. He removed his arm from his brother’s shoulder and puffed up his chest, affecting bravado that he did not feel.

“So what if they are? Just means we have to talk to idiots less.”  He crossed his arms, and went back to his mental recitation.

Pine Tree

Hearing the names there were coming out, he wanted it to stop. He didn’t know all these people. He knew Jaxon, that was someone that he used to duel from time to time when he made it to the dueling chamber. Not thinking that was something he was going to want to do when he got back. Not now, since his name was out there for the world to know. 

It was messed up, how was she allowed to do that. How was she able to just tell people his name with out talking to him. He was twelve years old. There had to be some rules about i. 

Hearing the word monster, it didn’t take him by surprised but hearing someone else say it. It made him want to just break down. He didn’t want to go back to Hogwarts, he wished that his parents didn’t allow him to go back. Wishing that he was just able to stay away for the rest of his life. Not like he would be able to learn anything. And anything he learned wouldn’t be useful. 

He didn’t know if Box was listening, but looking at his brother and seeing his arms cross. “I can’t listen anymore, I am just going to go to my room.” With that he got up and walked away. Wanting to Hex that radio, but his parents would be upset and he hoped that they wouldn’t follow him. He didn’t want Box to follow him also. 

For once in his life he wanted to be alone.