Dorothy Leigh

I like the sound of your heartbeat

Dorothy Leigh

Dottie dragged her prey out into the hallway, running and dodging students, spells, and stomping feet. It was time to eat. Every single bit of her ached to taste this morsel of a child, who smelled sweet and smart and altogether unfamiliar in the best kind of way. Once outside and far enough from the door that she could enjoy a little snack in safety, Dottie threw the girl against the wall.

Her shoulder and rump throbbed a little from being bitten earlier, but that was about to be no big deal. Not with this meal in front of her and hopefully more to come after. She pounced on the girl, claws piercing each arm, and drooled all over her face as she contemplated which part of her might be the tastiest.

------------------------------

Why hello, @Harmony Granger-Weasley. It's a pleasure to meat you. You smell awfully nice to Dottie, so she's decided to play a little game with you called Toss the Kidlet. You've been tossed against a wall - not hard enough to concuss, even as a wolf she appreciates a healthy mind - and your arms have gained a piercing each.

Harmony Granger-Weasley

"NO! LET ME GO! HELP!" 

Harmony tried to flail as best as she could to get away from the wolf dragging her by her robes, but it was useless. Every bit of the chaotic scene flew around her as the pair made the way through the Great Hall. When they passed feet, she wondered whom they belonged to, and if they would see her being drug by the wolf. Do any of those feet belong to Avery? Is she alright? She tried sending sparklers in the direction of the pull, but they were useless. She was small, and the wolf was strong, too strong for her to escape. 

They were now leaving the Great Hall, and the chaos, behind. Please, someone find me. Harmony thought. Someone, notice that I'm not in the Great Hall anymore. She was then tossed against the wall, pain radiating in her arm where the wolf's claws had pierced them. The back of her head and her back were throbbing, but her large hair provided some additional padding from the hit. 

This was the most terrifying moment of her life. To think, just moments ago she had been happy, feeling normal alongside a simple study hall with her peers. Now, she was staring down a rabid werewolf, pinned to the wall, helpless, except for the few attempts at kicks that she could make. Slobbery drool fell across her face, making the scene that much more frightening. Shaking, Harmony sobbed loudly, equally terrified and frightened. 

"SOMEONE! PLEASE! I CAN'T CAST SPELLS! THE WEREWOLF HAS ME!" 

Edited by Harmony Granger-Weasley

Dorothy Leigh

The girl was screaming and it hurt Dottie’s ears. That wouldn’t do at all, so Dottie stuck a paw into her mouth. This time, her meal would not be interrupted. She would feast and enjoy her meal as she rested-

Grinding along the floor startled her and Dottie glanced back to see a statue coming for her. RATS! She would not be denied this sweetest morsel! Even a taste would be better than nothing. There was no time to think, and so Dottie lunged one final time, digging her teeth into the girl’s unbroken forearm. More bone snapped, but there was a little more pressure to be applied to-

Yes. There it was. The sweet taste of blood filled her mouth as her saliva entered the girl’s bloodstream, mixing and creating an intoxicating aroma. She tasted as good as she smelled and if Dottie had time, she could try to come back for seconds. For now, though, she had to get away from a statue.

Dottie bolted from the scene, leaping around the blasted thing and bouncing off of it to throw it off balance. It crashed down to the ground and met its demise as Dottie, satisfied and triumphant, dove into the Great Hall once more.

-----------------------------------------

Congratulations, @Harmony Granger-Weasley. You have been bitten.

@Professor McGonagall, I think someone knocked your statue over. It definitely wasn't me.

Salomé Schiferli

Salomé ran after @Harmony Granger-Weasley pushing through the crowd, dodging spells trying hard to find her friend. This couldn't be happening. She couldn't believe this was happening. Salomé just got back yesterday. Her father wanted her to wait till after the holidays to come back, but she couldn't handle being at home. She should have listened to her father. This was horrible.

Still, at this point she was running on pure fear. Harmony was so kind to her, she always has been even though Salomé was usually nothing but cold to the girl. She didn't deserve her kindness, and now a werewolf was dragging her away and who knows what was going to happen to her??

She finally spotted the curly haired Gryffindor. Screaming, Salomé  ran to her right when the wolf ran off, dropping to her knees she pushed her hair back and sobbed. "Oh Harmony." She cried her heart pounding. "I'm so sorry.  Oh Merlin's beard." She said looking over her. "Are you okay?"

-------------------

I have permission to post

Edited by Salomé Schiferli

Harmony Granger-Weasley

Harmony tried to scream out again, but the werewolf decided they preferred silence. She yelled still, trying to make whatever noise she could. She even bit down on the paw, trying to get the creature to flinch back. Anything to get the weight of it off her. At least she was attempting to fight herself, doing anything she could to avoid the worst possible outcome. This was definitely the most horrible day of her entire life.  

Despite all that she tried to do, her attempts were pretty useless. Her eyes grew wide with terror as the wolf bit down on her arm. Harmony screamed loudly into the paw as further pain spread across her body, radiating from her arm in particular. The werewolf bit her. A realization came across her as she was trying to ignore the pain; if she survived this, she would be a werewolf herself for the rest of her life. She couldn't worry about that now. She had to worry about surviving. Before she could think, an airy sensation passed over her head. Then, Harmony fainted. The werewolf left her on the ground, and went on to their next prey. 

---------------------------------------------------

Harmony used bite on @Dorothy Harness

It's not very effective. 

Dorothy used bite! 

It's super effective! 

Harmony fainted! 

Salomé Schiferli

Realizing that Harmony was unconscious, Salomé began to panic. She has never been the most maternal person. That has never been something that was instilled in her, her mother wasn't very maternal, sure Gran was, but that was her grandmother. Instead, she did what she knew to do. 

She tried making her comfortable.

"Don't die." She cried, she can't lose someone else. Samael was dead, her mum was dead, she can't lose Harmony too. Brushing back her hair, Salomé considered leaving and getting help, but that meant leaving Harmony alone with no protection. There was no one to help her. What if the wolf came back? She... wouldn't be able to do much but she had a wand. Surely.. well she wouldn't be able to defend herself either. 

"HELP!" She screamed finally. "HELP! PLEASE HELP!" 
Salomé screamed standing up, trying to get someone's attention. "PLEASE! MY FRIEND IS HURT! HELP!" She turned towards Harmony. Maybe she could carry her to get help? She was hurt. What if moving her hurt her more? "PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US!"

Ruth Champlin

Heavy waves of guilt continued to barrel over Ruth Champlin’s shoulders as she came crashing into McGonagall’s office. Even after everything she’d done, all the steps she’d taken to ensure she become a guardian of lives rather than a liability, somehow she’d still managed to fail. And that was unacceptable. The weight of the situation sat deeply upon her now, but she hadn’t any time to fester in such useless emotions as self-loathing. The sounds of children’s screams met her senses and she knew she had to move. The cries latched onto her like a magnet and pulled her out of the office, through the corridors, down the stairs. Her fingers gripped tightly to her wand’s handle as she moved and held it outward; a precaution, at the ready to strike any blood thirsty creatures daring enough to wedge themselves in her path.

For nothing would stop the woman now. She wouldn’t allow it.

The screams seemed to grow louder the further down she went, and once Ruth managed to reach the bottom floor she could finally make out what they were saying. Help. The word cut through her like a knife; its source so very young and fearful. The fact almost crippled her; rapidly bringing back flashes of memory from her own youth, but the memories were quickly ushered back as she moved further forward and finally laid her eyes upon a pair of girls.

She stopped a few feet in front of them, attentively lifted a finger to her lips to shush the frantic one. “Quiet now” Ruth gently told her as she slowly took another step forward. “You’re safe.” Her motions were slow and careful, not wanting to frighten the small one anymore than she’d already been. She didn’t know if there were anymore werewolves nearby, but just in case it was best to keep the child as quiet and calm as was possible.

Her gaze shifted to the fainted girl, just for a moment, and then her full attention was on the Slytherin again. “I know you’re frightened" the woman whispered, "but it’s important now to be as quiet as you can be, alright? Are you injured? Feel any pain at all?”

Harmony Granger-Weasley

While this was happening, Harmony was in dream-land. This was a particularly pleasant one which consisted of herself finally having a proper tea and conversation with her extra-large cat, Jean. She was learning everything there was to know about life as a cat. Did Jean have any cat friends at Hogwarts? Who did Harmony have to arrange a cat playdate with? What was her favorite food? There was SO much to talk about when Jean could talk. It was so nice. The desserts were sooo amazing, but the only downside was her arms felt heavier than normal. Was it usually this hard to reach for a dessert? It was quite a strange sensation.

Edited by Harmony Granger-Weasley

Salomé Schiferli

Salomé would be the first to admit she was panicking.  This was triggering memories of when she was nine, and her brother was on the ground.  She was smaller then, and the person was different, occurrence was different but the outcome was  the same. She stood aside helplessly screaming as someone she cared for laid there hurt—or worse.

For a moment it wasn't even Harmony laying there, but Samael. Instead of the Great Hall she was home. Tears were streaming down her face because she knew this wasn't going to end well, and she kept screaming for help, but no one was coming. 

Then, she heard a voice. "Mum?" She whispered when she snapped snapped out of this horrible memory and she was back in the Great Hall. Salomé's crystal blue eyes widened in horror when she realized what she did. Her mother wasn't even—this wasn't her mother.

Salomé sat up, forcing herself to calm down, and pushing her panic aside the way she did almost everyday of her life. Looking around at the chaos around her, she realized her knees  and palms were bleeding from throwing herself to the floor, but who cares? She was unharmed. Lucky compared to everyone else.

It took Salomé a moment to realize the woman was speaking to her. Her eyes were focused on Harmony, and the damage her friend had obtained. She looked so small. Like a tiny broken doll. Without even removing her eyes from the girl, she shook her head. "No. I'm okay." Her voice was dead. Almost empty. "Just help her. Please. Don't.. She isn't dead is she?"

Ruth Champlin

The child’s call for her mother added yet another layer to Ruth’s culpability. A pair of blue eyes met hers and she was forced to take in the full extent of the terror she saw there. The terror she could’ve prevented, but didn’t. “Ruth” the brunette softly replied, “Your mother will be notified soon.” A brief silence was allowed to fall then and she patiently waited for the girl to reorient herself. An aura of urgency stuck thickly to the space around them; particularly with regards to the unconscious one, but she refused to do anything that might frighten the child more.

Her knees were red, palms swollen, and she’d obviously been through a whirlwind in the past half hour. Despite the girl’s insistences now, she knew she was anything but ‘alright’.

When the girl’s attention returned to her friend, Ruth went over to fainted student and leaned down, pressed a pair of fingers up against her neck.  There was a pulse and that was a relief, but the wounds bleeding fiercely over her forearm were concerning. “She’ll be alright.” With a quick wave of her wand, a stream of bandages was conjured and wrapped snugly around the injury. She would’ve done more, but a sinking feeling in the woman’s gut told her it mightn’t do any good. Werewolf attacks rarely led to simple injuries. Contact with St. Mungo's would be a necessity.

Her concerns were left to silently bank themselves in her mind as she went to stand upright again and made the motions to hover the young Gryffindor a few feet into the air. “We’ll need to get you both to someplace safer before anything more can be done though. Do you happen to have your wand on you? Might be best to get that out of so…”

Ruth quirked an eyebrow at her. “I’ll need some help from my junior auror, if you’re up for the task.”

Salomé Schiferli

Salomé felt silly for thinking this woman was her mother. Even for a moment. Ruth as she was named didn't look like her mother. Astoria Schiferli was blond like her daughter, and she wasn't here. Salomé was at Hogwarts watching her friend bleed out. It wasn't something she ever wanted to see again. "Salomé." Her voice cracked, horse from screaming. When Ruth mentioned her mother would notified soon, she was tempted to tell the woman she wouldn't, because Astoria Schiferli was the whole reason Salomé just got back the night before.  Was that really just the night before? Has it only been a night?

Salomé 
cleared her throat. There were more urgent things at play right now, and she had to focus on the now. Thinking of her mother, or Samael, or the fact that Harmony might not make it wasn't where she wanted to be. 

Holding her breath as Ruth went towards Harmony, Salomé was convinced she'd be told the same news she was told three years ago, so when she was told she'd be alright, a rush of air escaped past Salomé's lips, and she let out a laugh of relief. "Oh thank Merlin." She whispered, her hand running through her blond hair as she looked upwards. She was alive. Harmony was alive. Salomé had convinced herself that, that wouldn't be the case that she couldn't think of another possibility. She laughed again, before her laughter turned into a choked sob.  

"I'm sorry." Salomé choked out, walking closer to a now bandaged Harmony and Ruth. Harmony still didn't look so good. She looked so small and fragile laying there.  Did she look pale, or was that the lighting? "I thought... I thought she wasn't." She couldn't bring herself to say the words. Taking out her wand she took a deep breath forcing herself to collect herself once again. She's done this often. She's learned it through the years. Ever since she lost Samael, she has had to put on this protective outer shell to let her dad know she wasn't falling apart, to let Grandmother know she was alright, so she wouldn't scare Mum even further. It was hard, sometimes the cracks slipped, like right now she felt like her cracks were slowly cracking apart. She was having a hard time keeping herself glued together.

Swallowing the ball in her throat, Salomé was relieved that Ruth seemed to be treating her like an equal and not a child. Pointing her wand forward, she nodded. "I'm quite up for the task. Just lead the way." 

Ruth Champlin

Even in the most horrifying of moments, there were ways which a person’s thoughts could be kept from negativity. Responsibility, Ruth found, was one of the most successful. She’d clung to it once herself and was thankful to find the girl, Salome, eager to as well. It would help them to navigate towards safety much faster and also hopefully shield the young one from facing any further terrors. The auror didn’t know exactly what awaited them around the corner. Another werewolf could be there… or nothing… or something else entirely; but so long as they remained calm and focused on their mission, very little could really bring them harm.

“Good to hear” Ruth replied back, “Now what I want  you to do is follow close to me, keep your wand in front of you, eyes straight ahead, and no matter what you see, what you hear, or what you think you hear, keep walking. This is very important. You must keep walking. Do you understand me?” The woman looked at her seriously now, awaiting a sign that she could trust the girl to do just that before nodding her head and motioning to Salome that the time had come for them to leave. Quick, careful footsteps carried them through the halls after that, the limp frame of Harmony floating alongside them all the while. Each and every one of Ruth’s senses were heightened with the children there, her drive to protect made just that much stronger.

And it was that very fact which caused her free arm to reach out and halt the Slytherin when McGonagall’s voice suddenly came bursting through the school. Her whole body tensed and in that instant she was ready to fight, but thankfully there wasn’t any need for it. Safe zones have been made the voice informed them, and one wasn’t too far off.

“This way” Ruth motioned before starting again and turning down the next corridor. There, just a few doors down, resided their refuge. She stepped up to the classroom cautiously and gently laid the Gryffindor down upon a well-placed sofa once they were safely admitted within.

Then, she turned back to Salome. “Hold still for a moment” the auror ordered, and with a slow wave of her wand the cuts and scrapes on her hands and knees were cleaned and healed. “I fear your friend will need more intensive care and I’d hate to wake and scare her… so I have another important mission for you. Do you think you could stay here and watch over her? Let an adult know she needs treatment?”

Ruth awaited acknowledgement before offering a small smile and placing her hand on the girl’s shoulder. “You’ve done well today. Be proud of that.”

And then she left them both to return back into the fray.

---

Hello, kids. You both have now been safely dropped off here. Someone should be along eventually to take care of any wounds Ruth was unable to, but in the meantime get some rest. ❤️

Salomé Schiferli

Salomé focused hard, on what Ruth was saying, blocking out everything else she was feeling, because this right here was what was important. Getting Harmony to safety was important. Salomé didn't want anything to happen to her friend. She knew they weren't safe, even with Ruth here she knew they weren't safe. She never thought she would be in this type of situation. She never thought she would be fighting for her life. It didn't see fair, it really didn't.

Hasn't she been through enough?

"Okay, I can do that." Salomé was determined to remain focus. She wasn't sure what she might see, but she knew it wasn't good. There was one thing she realized through all of this. She could see herself doing this one day. Salomé was tired of being a bystander. She was tired of standing there while everyone got hurt. She was determined that one day this would be her. 

Following Ruth and floating Harmony, Salomé came to a stop, her blue eyes peering around as they headed to another destination, a safe zone. Somewhere where they wouldn't be in harms way, somewhere where Harmony could get help, because Salomé knew her friend needed help. 

When they arrived in the classroom, Salomé was appreciative for Ruth cleaning her wounds. "Thank you." Salomé said softly, the stinging was gone. ""I can do that, I can make sure she gets help." Impulsively at the compliment she did something that was quite out of character for Salomé. She hugged Ruth. As she went off, Salomé was ff, making sure Harmony got help.

continued here

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.