Sign in to follow this  
Honorine Nott

siphoning some reason from a disputed line we drew

Honorine Nott

Honorine could not say she was entirely surprised at being elected captain. After all, she had been the first year who had managed to decapitate a model dragon during her flying final exam last year, and survived the wrath of Professor Corelli-Rose afterward (she had, in fact, nearly driven the man to tears. No one needed to know that, though).

Not being surprised, however, was not the same as handling the information well.

She supposed that, logically, the first thing to do was run away from the few friends who already knew the results before they could make a big deal out of it. The last thing Honorine wanted was a party thrown in her honor—at least not yet. Not while she was still processing.

Logically, then, the second thing to do was find her co-captain and introduce herself. So that was exactly what she did, getting up the next day early enough to actually make it to breakfast for once, marching out to the Great Hall and spotting Damaris within seconds. Luckily, the seat across from her was vacant. Honorine wasn't sure if she was glad or not to take it.

"Hi," she said simply, reaching for a blueberry scone. "We'll be seeing more of each other now, I guess." Understatement of the year, Nott.

Damaris Denton

Being elected captain had filled Damaris with pride. She'd been on the Quidditch team since her second year, and she'd come a long way since she'd first gotten on a broom. She was an expert flier and an expert beater, and she was glad that the Slytherin team had recognized that she was the leader that they needed.

She didn't recognize (or really, read) the name of the co-captain that she'd been informed of. her mind was already spinning with strategies and practice schedules and hopefully schemes that would allow them to crush the Gryffindor team to dust. She wasn't even sure if Kaleb was on the Gryffindor team anymore, but she really, really wanted to get them back for that stunt they'd pulled three years earlier on the Pitch.

She blinked when a young girl--who couldn't have been older than a third year, if that, slid into the spot across from her. "That's @Killian Dracel's spot," she said, waving her away. 

"Who the hell are you, anyway? Some kind of stalker?" 

Honorine Nott

Hen waved away the notion of assigned seating in a glorified cafeteria, making a point of drawing the golden, ornate plate closer to herself. She wouldn't actually need, the plate—Honorine Nott was known for eating like a bird, pecking at snacks a hundred times a day and never sitting down to enjoy a hulking meal. But she was thirteen, and petty, and happy to heap a disgusting looking pile of beans onto her plate if it meant displaying some dominance in this situation.

Her co-captain was either one of two things: a slacker who hadn't even bothered to look at the roster and realize her station; or a brute who would make this whole ordeal very, very difficult for everyone involved.

Honorine was pretty sure it was gonna be the latter.

"Yes," she replied flatly. "I've been watching you while you sleep, too. You should be very ashamed of yourself. Lose five pounds and maybe you won't snore so loudly." The second year reached for a piece of buttered toast, nibbling on the corner. 

"I'm your Co-Captain."

Damaris Denton

Damaris narrowed her eyes at the girl, who was clearly trying to claim the seat for herself. She was now willing Killian to appear out of nowhere and dismiss this girl like the insignificant insect that she clearly was. 

She blinked at the girl, gaping in surprise when she had the audacity to a) tell her to lose weight, and b) insist that she actually snored! "Hmm, sure I would have noticed if you were actually watching me sleep, considering the fact that you smell like hippogriff dung." She made a point of waving at the air. 

She scoffed loudly when she insisted that she was her co-captain. How could that be possible? She couldn't have been more than a third year, and she definitely hadn't been on the Quidditch team before, either. "Yeah right. Since I'm in a good mood, you can get two house points for telling such a funny joke. How does that sound?" 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.