Vesper Frey

And now we feast

Vesper Frey

Continued from: here

Vesper returned to her prey and dragged them further, towards the lake at Hogwarts. She was hungry but now was not quite the time yet to feast. She had a little more ways to go. Vesper had to be sure some human wouldn't come chasing after her. No, she wanted to see how these two tasted first before she was going to do anything else.

She threw them both hard against a tree, making sure they were knocked unconscious and then she started in on the first one. Vesper bit into his arm, the saliva of the wolf integrating with the skin. She paused, satisfied with the taste.

The first course was just the beginning. She still had one left.

And he looked just as tasty the first.

Vesper let out another howl and then returned to the task at hand.

------------

@Pine Tree and @Julian Banagher you both have been knocked unconscious. You may or may not have a concussion as well. Pine Tree you have now been bitten as well.

Julian Banagher

Julian tried as hard as he could to wriggle free of the wolf's grasp, but it was no use. Its jaw was powerful, and and he was at its mercy. All he could do was watch Aster and the Quidditch Pitch recede into his field of vision as the wolf continued to drag him through the damp grass. He wanted to will himself to call for help, but right now, he was concentrating as hard as he could on staying conscious. The pain in his leg was overwhelming, and he tried not to look at it for fear of passing out.

Vaguely, he could make out the figure of another first year student. It looked like one of the Tree siblings, but he couldn't be entirely sure which one it was. He was much more occupied with the wolf that was directly in front of him. 

He wanted to get up, to run and get away--to at least try to escape. But with his leg likely broken, there was no way that he could stand, let alone break out into a run. 

"Box? Pine?" he rasped out, before the wolf seized hold of his cloak again and he was thrown backward against a nearby tree.

And then, darkness.

Pine Tree

Pine could hear his brother, and he wanted his brother. He couldn’t move though, he was being dragged, somewhere that he couldn’t tell. The wolf had hold of him and he was not able to move because his leg was broken. How did he get picked, why did this wolf take him. What was wrong with this school, why didn’t the school have wards like the forest he lived in have. “HELP…” He was yelled but didn’t think that anyone was able to hear him. 

Looking up, Pine wanted to know where he was, where was he going. He started to feel the cool breeze, that was feeling like he was near the lake. Pine couldn’t tell, since he was being dragged and he wanted his friends. He wanted his twin. He wanted his family. 

“LET ME GO!” He yelled out again, but right as he was yelling it out, then he noticed that Julian was there. He wasn't alone. "Julian!" he tried to call out, at least there was someone that he knew. Then before he knew it Pine was up in the air and then he felt himself being thrown in the air and then his head hit a tree. Maybe it was a pine tree that he hit. 

Then everything went black. 

He didn’t feel the bite, but he was sure he would feel it later.

When everything went black everything stopped hurting. Was he dying?

Vesper Frey

She was in the first course of her meal and the bite had been everything to the animalistic mind of Vesper Frey. She had loved the way the first boy tasted and was eager to try the second. Vesper went for it, her fangs biting into his neck as she tried him for the first time.

Ooh. Once again the saliva of her werewolf self dripped into the blood of the second boy.

The wolf licked her teeth clean then. She had tasted the blood of both of them now and it was extremely satisfying to the wolf that was Vesper Frey. Their blood was most satisfying, but it was only a taste. Vesper Frey wanted more. She stood there, ready to eat both of them but then she heard something. The wolf in her that had always been alone, still knew that self-preservation was the number one focus. The animal would do anything towards that end even if it was hungry and would rather eat these two boys alive. But the howling and the noise scared her. And so Vesper Frey fled once more.

But she didn't go back to the forest. She ran onward and elsewhere, once more retreating into the shadow of the night.

------------

@Julian Banagher you have also now been bitten. Vesper Frey has been scared off by something and left so you boys are lucky that you just received a bite. Feel free to RP with each other in this thread.

Julian Banagher

The first thing Julian noticed when he came to was the searing pain in the back of his neck.

He reached up, and touched the spot where he felt the burning pain. His head was throbbing too--most of his muscles were. His mind had gone blank after he'd collided with the tree. 

The wolf that had brought them there was gone.

He stayed still for a moment, wondering if it would come back if he moved a muscle. He wasn't sure how much time had passed since he'd been knocked out. 

"Pine?" he rasped out, "Pine?"

He turned, wincing and hissing in pain as he turned himself onto his stomach and began to crawl, inch by painful inch, pulling himself along by his forearms through the mud and the damp grass. "Pine, can you hear me?" 

Pine Tree

The world was coming back, he was not died. But his arm was killing him and with that sharp pain he forgot all about his leg being broke, at least for the moment he did. He was trying to move and cover his arm, he didn’t know what happened. 

Opening his eyes, he looked around. Then he stopped moving and noticed that Julian was there still and was a calling his name. Looking around he didn’t see the wolf. Was the wolf really gone? Would it come back and hurt him more? Hurt Julian more?

Where was everyone? Then he felt the cool breeze again and remember that he was not at the pitch but the lake. 

“Julian… Julian…” He called out, “I can’t move…” He was trying to move but then he remembered that his leg was broken. “Is… is the wolf gone?” Everything he was saying was in a low tone. He wanted to scream because of the pain but he didn’t want to wolf to come back. Any of them. He didn’t know how many there were, he was dragged off before he could count them.

Not that he was trying to count them. 

Julian Banagher

"It's gone," Julian nodded. He couldn't promise for sure that it was gone, but he had laid in the grass long enough to think it might have gone away. 

"What's injured?" he asked, squinting at the Gryffindor in the darkness. "My leg...my leg feels like it's been broken. And I'm bleeding." Because he'd been knocked out, he had no way to know if it was a scratch from the wolf or the tree or....

A bite.

No, he couldn't think about that right now. Not when the Pitch had been swarmed by werewolves who were still on the hunt for their prey. Not to mention there was no way to know for sure if the wolf that had brought them to the lakefront was going to come back for more.

"We have to find some way to move," he said, "We have to get help. We're so far away from the others." When he thought about that, he almost teared up, though that might have also been because of the searing pain in his leg and in his neck. 

"Do you know any spells? Something that might help someone see us?" 

Pine Tree

It was gone, was it though? Was it really gone. Pine didn’t know if it was gone at all. 

“My leg and my arm…. My arm is bleeding a lot….I have not looked… looked at my leg.” He was trying to tell Julian, hoping that he was able to hear him. “I don’t… don’t know what happened.” The only thing that he knew was that he was slammed onto a tree and that the wolf stepped on his leg as he was being dragged, but after that he didn’t know what else happened. 

Trying to not think about his arm and the bleeding, he didn’t want to know how he got it. He couldn’t think about it. Pine tried to move, he wanted to be able to move and drag himself so he could get closer to Julian. Close to someone that he knew, he was scared. 

The breeze was making it colder and he never wore robes or shoes, the one time that he wished he had robes and shoes was right now. 

Pine grabbed the grass with his left, non-hurting hand, and attempted to move but he couldn’t. Too much pain. “I can’t… I can’t move.” Pine started to cry, the water was falling from his eyes and he couldn’t stop. The pain was to real, he was just laying here not able to move. 

Then his mind went back to Box, wondering if he was alright. Trying to think of something, anything to get the pain away. “Where… where can we move to?” He knew that they needed to get help, but how.. he didn’t know spells at all. “I don’t… don’t know any… they have not taught us much spells.” 

How was anyone going to find them here, how were they going to be found. Pine started to cry more. He just couldn’t stop. “I want @Box Tree"

Julian Banagher

Pine was in bad shape, worse shape than he was. Even in the darkness, he could make out that Pine's arm was sticking out an odd angle, as was his leg. With a broken arm and a broken leg, he wasn't going to be able to move anytime soon. His arms weren't broken as far as he could tell, but with a broken leg, there was no hope of him getting the two of them to safety.

No hope.

This was far worse than the week that he'd spent alone in St. Mungo's recovering from dragon pox. He and Pine were out by the lake, alone and injured, with no way of getting to safety. The only thing they could do, as far as Julian could tell, would be to lie there in the grass and the mud and hope that someone eventually found them. 

Pine was crying for his twin, and honestly, Julian felt like crying too. He wanted his mum to come and hug him, to tell him everything was going to be okay. One of them had to be strong. Someone had to tell Pine that it was going to be okay, even if they weren't necessarily sure that it would be.

Julian reached out to hold Pine's hand. "It's going to be okay. You're going to see Box really soon, I promise."

Pine Tree

He wanted to move, wanted to feel safe, but he wasn’t safe. Nothing was safe, all the pain, and all he did was cry. No one knew where they were, that wolf dragged them off to the lake front, while everything was happening. 

Did anyone know where they were? Did anyone care? Was anyone going to save them? 

Pine didn’t now, he couldn’t stop crying, he couldn’t. He wanted to stop crying, he wanted to move, he wanted to leave the forsaking place. Trying to grab out again with his hand that wasn’t in pain, he grabbed some grass and tried to pull. 

“AHHH” It was too painful to do, he couldn’t do it. He was going to be stuck here. There was no way that he was going to be able to leave this spot, he didn’t want to be here. What if that wolf came back. What if she hurt them more. So many what if’s in his brain right now, Pine needed to stop thinking about it all. 

Laying there, head to the side so Pine was still able to see that Julian. It might be dark, but he was able to make out Julian’s silhouette and then he felt Julian hand on his. It was nice to be able to fell that human contact. 

Not knowing that he needed that. “Is it? I don’t feel okay, I feel like a mess. Are you… are you okay?” He was saying between the tears, “I need… I need… I need…” He kept crying, not able to stop, why couldn’t he stopped. 

Pine needed his brother more than anything in the world right now, but he had Julian and that was going to be enough. Holding onto his hand, it was helping him a bit to be able to calm down.

Julian Banagher

"I think my leg is broken," Julian said, gritting his teeth in pain when he tried to move it. "I can't stand up." Briefly, an image of Aster, holding him and insisting that they'd be able to get help floated to the front of his mind. He shook it off. He couldn't think about too much right now. He had to focus on making sure that Pine felt okay and how they were going to eventually be able to get help. 

"But I'm okay."

He felt like he was lying, especially since he could still feel the wound on the back of his neck. He had to wonder if Pine had received a similar one--but he couldn't very well ask him about that. It was much more important for him to try and make sure that Pine was calm as they waited for help to come.

Because they were going to be able to get help.

He squeezed Pine's hand as he kept crying. "My Aunt Kristen--well, she's not really my aunt, she's my mum's friend. She has a sanctuary with all of these animals. Unicorns, hippogriffs, crups...we go and visit during the holidays. We also have a house in Newport--that's in America--that we go to every summer. What does your family do in the summer, Pine?"

Distracting him may have been a gamble, but it was the only thing he could think of. 

Pine Tree

Julian said that his leg was broken also… that was not good. That means the both of them were stuck here and they were not able to get some help. And they needed some help bad. His arm was feeling worst, he didn’t want to think the worst. So he didn’t look over, but he could smell the blood and it was bad. 

“Are you… are you sure? Were you thrown on the tree… the tree also?” He could start feeling a bump or something on his head. “I am getting very sleepy.” Pine was trying to stay up, if he feel asleep he didn’t know if he was going to wake up again. He wanted to be awake when someone found them, if they were going to be found. 

Where was everything. 

Julian was trying to help him, and it was nice. He didn’t think that Julian was this nice, but the tears were still falling but not as bad as they were earlier. But the moment that Julian was talking about what his family did over the summer, his mind went to the forest and to Box and his family and he was trying to not cry again. 

“I would… would spend a lot of time in the forest… the one I live in. With the commune, there is a lot of us… my brother… Pi… Box” He almost called his brother his own name, was thing that messed up in his head at this moment. “Box… we would spend time outside… just looking at the stars… like this.”

He looked up at the sky, but it hurt to move his head just a few inches to be able to look up at them. “Like this, and think about how nice and quiet it is in the forest. I miss that… I want that…” He wanted Box, but he knew that Julian knew that. 

This was too much and Pine was hoping that they would be found soon, or that someone was looking for them. 

Rayya Borage-Brown

The name Pine was rattling around her head, unwilling to be put aside for more pressing matters. That kid’s worried voice kept it front and foremost and Rayy knew she wasn’t going to get any peace if she didn’t actively do some searching for the owner of the name. She probably ought to have gone actively searching first, she ought to know what her brain was like after all. So now she was prowling the grounds once more, angry at herself and heartily wishing she’d done things differently. It didn’t help that she was still feeling out of the loop as far as intel went - she had no damned clue what her colleagues were up to nor their exact locations. Rayy just had to trust that the others were handling things well and would remember to use their badges to get help if they needed it.

If anything happened to Jess...

”Not going there Rayy,” she muttered to herself as she explored the area around the lake. Worrying about Jess was pointless, the younger woman was fully capable of looking after herself and Rayy would do well to remember that. ‘But so was Lucretia...’ her brain unhelpfully added in a mutinous thought that would see her undone if she gave it any leeway. So, despite it being unwise to call attention to herself, Rayy decided to stop blindly searching in silence and called out what she really hoped was a name and not just some random tree a pain-filled and scared kid had gotten confused with. 

“Pine! Can you hear me?”

Julian Banagher

"That sounds really nice," Julian said, looking up at the stars. He could imagine what it would be like to be in the forest, to lie back and to look at the stars. If he thought about it hard enough, he could imagine that that was what they were doing right at that moment--that the reason that they were lying by the lake was because it meant a better view of the stars. 

"We should come back some day," Julian added, "to look at the stars." It felt necessary to emphasize that there was going to be another day. Even if he didn't quite believe it himself, he knew that he had to keep telling Pine that everything was going to be okay. Someone was going to find them there. Someone had to.

A moment later--he wasn't sure how long that moment was, but he'd lost his ability to tell time out there in the dark by the lake--he heard someone calling Pine's name.

"Pine's here!" he called back. "And me, Julian Banagher!" The voice didn't sound like any professor that he'd encountered at school. While it still could have been a teacher, Julian's mind immediately went to another possibility.

"Aurors, Pine. Aurors have to be here. We're going to be okay!" 

Pine Tree

Talking about something that was a normal, was nice. Pine doesn’t remembering what her having a conversation with Julian like this before. “It is, something that is… is so nice.” He wished he was able to do that this second and not worried. Trying to not think of the pain he was in. There was so much pain.

Saying to come back another day, he wanted to be able to see that. With this pain, he was trying to be hopeful, he wanted to be able to see hope. “Could..could we?” Pine was asking, between the tears that were falling.

Trying to close his eyes, “I’m getting tired… Julian” He didn’t know how long it has been; but it feels like it’s been hours. When he started to hear his name.

It didn’t sound like someone they knew, it couldn’t be someone they knew. Was it his mum… was it his dad? “Save us… someone here to save us?” Was that true, was someone coming to save them.

How did they find them out here, how did they know they were here. “How do you know… how do you know it’s aurors?” Hoping the Julian was right. They needed help.

“We’re not going to die… we are going to live.” He hoped so, he was trying to be positive and trying to not go to sleep. His eyelids were getting heavy. But if it was an auror or a professor or someone saving them he needed to be awake.

He had to stay awake, he hoped that soon he could see his brother.

The moment he believed he was going to be saved, the moment he stopped thinking of the pain he was feeling. He was going to be better, he was going to be fine.

Everything would be back to normal soon.

Edited by Pine Tree
the size was too much for me

Rayya Borage-Brown

Rayy felt like she would spend eternity calling out for a damned tree to answer her because it sure felt like she’d done a number of miles of the grounds without hearing anything remotely like a confirmation that the owner of the name had heard her. Green sparks from the lake caught her attention and made her heart race until her brain helpfully supplied that it had to be another place of safety because the universal sign alerting to trouble was red sparks. Heart attack prevented for the time being, she made a mental note to go and see that all was well on her next circuit around the lawns and lakeside because she really was starting to believe that the first kid had been confused.  

Why was it she always seemed to get stuck with wild goose chases? First the impossible task of trying to name one body in a nest of Inferi, then getting stuck with a kid who refused to see reason and now a fruitless search for...

Rayy stopped and held her breath. Had she heard a voice? It was quite faint if it...Yes! It was a voice declaring that Pine was indeed a person and that there was another kid too. She was never one to complain about getting two for the price of one; it kind of made it a special deal. “Okay! I’m coming, keep talking,” she called out into the darkness and sure enough the first voice kept on talking.

It was concerning to only be hearing the first voice - Julian’s - though. Too many thoughts ran through her head. The other kid could be dead after all and maybe the friend couldn’t tell? Maybe Pine was unconscious or bleeding out? And maybe Rayy needed to just stop with the catastrophising? But as a mother of four and a grandmother of one, if kids had taught her anything it was that when there was silence there was trouble afoot. Silence was never golden unless children were soundly asleep, safe and snug in their beds. And this was hardly the time when kids would be camping out and safely snoring.

Concern etched deep into her face as Julian’s voice got clearer and she was positive she’d be trying to keep the horrible truth of his friend away from him when she finally reached them. But then came a second voice asking how the first knew it had to be aurors. It was followed by two statements that near broke Rayy’s heart and made her throat tighten up, constricting her words until they came out sluggishly and thick instead of bright and cheerful.

”Of course you’re both going to live,” she started, coughed to clear her throat and added, “Like we aurors would leave you out here and alone when it was clear you were unaccounted for?” She held her wand out over the pair, bringing them into the light but casting herself into the shadows. It only took a quick glance to see that they were both in dire need of some really good medical treatment. A mere Numbing Charm wasn’t going to be enough...

”So, gents, have you finished up with the extra-curricular astronomy session?” She asked in the overly cheerful manner she had when she was trying to jolly kids up to do something they’d rather not. If either of these two were like her own kids, she’d probably end up with the nearest object being lobbed at her head in protest. “Fancy a nice little trip someplace where you can get those cuts and scrapes attended to?”

And she was rather pleased that she didn’t stumble over the word ‘cuts’ or use a more accurate term.

She paused, shot a look over her shoulder towards the lake and then towards the pitch, wondering which held the better option of medical care, and then back to the pair on the ground. “Perhaps you might like to tell me of your adventures? I’m sure they’d make an old lioness like me proud.”

Julian Banagher

"Come on, you can stay awake a little longer," Julian coaxed Pine. He was no healer, but he didn't think that Pine passing out was going to help his injuries. 

He heard the woman's voice again, asking them to keep talking. "Come on, you heard her, we have to keep talKing," he said encouragingly to Pine. "A wolf dragged us over here! We were on the Quidditch Pitch for a flying lesson!" 

He breathed a sigh of relief when the woman caught up to them. It was true--he wasn't just fibbing to try and make Pine (and himself) feel better. They really were going to be okay. Aurors were there, which meant that those wolves were going to be chased off or caught or something (he didn't really care too much what happened to them, to be honest), and everything was going to be fine. 

He nodded frantically when she asked if they'd like to go somewhere to get healed. "Yes, anywhere but here. I'm not sure how long we've been here to be honest....I can't walk, though. My leg is broken." That was part of why they'd gotten stuck there, after all. He couldn't very well support Pine, who had a broken leg and a broken arm, when his leg was broken too. 

Not to mention the fact that he knew he was still bleeding from the cut--he refused to call it what he suspected it really was--on his neck. 

"I don't know if I have any real exciting stories, ma'am," he admitted, but tried wracking his brain anyway because he suspected that it would be a good distraction for Pine. "I was telling Pine that my family goes to Newport--that's in America--every year. There's a magical community out there, and we get to go swimming and hiking and explore all of the secret passageways in my family's house there." 

Pine Tree

Staying awake was not that easy, sleep was the one thing that he wanted. Maybe with sleep he wouldn’t feel his broken leg and his arm. He didn’t know if it was broken or not. He thought that it was, but there was no telling. 

Keep talking, that means someone is really out there looking for them. They were being saved. “What do… do we talk about.” He said between the tears, Pine hated all this crying. It was giving him a headache and he didn’t want to deal with one of those on top of all the other pain that he was feeling at this moment. 

Listening to Julian call out to the lady, he wondered how he had his voice, Pine couldn’t even say anything that loud at this moment. With crying and trying to breath it was just a lot of work to be able to get something out. He would forever be thankful for Julian this night. Always and forever, if it wasn’t for Julian’s voice he didn’t think he would be saved. 

There was a person, he saw a real person. He couldn’t tell if the voice he heard was inside his head or not. Wanting to believe that he was going to get saved. Pine thought that he was going to die out there and not see his brother again, but as far as he knew he was going to see his brother again. 

“Mine is… is broken also. Also my arm, it hurts so bad. It might be broken also.” Hoping that the lady was going to be able to hear him and know what was happening. “I don’t know…” He didn’t now what he was trying to say at this moment, but he was attempting words and it was a good thing. “I just want to sleep.”

Sleep was the main thing. “Also… beside sleep… I want… want my brother also.” He tried to hold the tears back. 

Adventures? “My family… we um… we live in the forest, the Sherwood Forest. I believe that is the name ma’am.” It was the one thing he was able to say, thinking of adventures. “No crazy adventures, just time… time with the family.” It was something he missed, while he had only been at Hogwarts a few weeks now it was something he missed and was happy to know that he would be able to have those days again, he hoped. 

He really hoped that he would be able to have those days.”Wait… lioness… you were in Gryffindor also?” Maybe something anything to keep her talking would be able to keep Pine awake. Wondering how she was going to help them move since they both had broken legs and bleeding. He knew that his arm was still bleeding but he didn’t know if Julian was bleeding also. 

Back to thinking of pain, he was wondering how this was going to work. How was one person going to take two people. They were founded but now what was going to happened.

Rayya Borage-Brown

“That’s it gents, keep talking, you’re both doing great,” Rayy muttered gently, fishing in her pockets for her emergency bag that held a small stock of equipment and potions. But each pocket she patted down was empty and it took her several long seconds to realise why her work robes were woefully prepared - the bag was always there! But these were her transfigured travelling robes, not her work ones and the bag was not going to be found. Merlin help her but she really could have used some powdered silver right about now!

Trying to cover her useless actions she did find something useful as woeful as it was. She handed both lads a clean hankie each as she crouched down. “Any adventure, big or small, is fine. And I was, indeed, a Gryffindor back in the day. My favourite stunt was to leap from one staircase to another to get down to breakfast quicker...there are way too many stairs from the tower.”

Rayy took stock of what she could actually do and killing the pain was one thing and promoting faster healing which was barely adequate but would have to do. Making a mental note to duplicate her Go Bag when she had time, Rayy pointed her wand and cast the two spells she could over each boy, making them somewhat more comfortable.

”Not long now gents. I’m going to levitate you back to safety and you’ll be there before you can even finish telling me about the swimming, hiking, secret passageways and Sherwood Forest. All will be well!”

It was only years of practice that made her tone and words completely believable. She might have known they weren’t but nothing in her tone would tell the two boys that she believed any differently. Rayy levitated them both into the air so they floated along and she made good speed towards the lake and the ship that had shot green sparks; it was closer by a mile than the Huffie stands.

But then Richard’s voice boomed out and she acted on impulse, not stopping to think, lowering them gently to the ground.

”It’s going to be alright, gents, I promise, but right now you’re going to be brave and stay here. Try to guess how many bones I broke learning the timing of those staircases. I promise I’ll be back for you with the answer. You’ll be perfectly safe, I swear it,” Rayy said quickly,  calmly and with all the conviction she could muster. Another quick rummage through her pockets saw her with a crumpled pack of Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans that has seen far better days and was mostly empty. “Here...catalogue the flavours...I want a full list of what my kids missed out on.”

Her actions were automatic, protective wards were quickly placed around the pair even as she spoke and she refused to let worry colour her voice or her gaze until she’d done what she had to do and wasn’t facing them. She couldn’t ignore Richard’s call for help though and a call for backup took priority...especially since it came from Richard Fowler - a man who never asked for help. A man who, up until this very moment, she would have sworn would rather go to his grave before he asked for help from anyone.

Completely torn she turned and bolted towards the Ravenclaw stands.

=============

@Pine Tree and @Julian Banagher 

Numbing Charm: at least you’re both out of immediate pain, yes?

Regeneration Spell: you’ll both heal a bit faster

Levitation Spell: to make the journey easier

Generalised protection wards: nothing will get to you before I get back, I swear

Endless apologies: I’m soooooo sorry for abandoning you for a small while.

Rayya Borage-Brown

Returning from there

(sorry for the double post)

Rayy wasn’t moving as fast on the return trip as she had travelling the other direction. Richard’s cunning ruse had taken it out of her, both mentally and physically. Yes, she could see that it had, in fact, saved his life and she knew deep down that it had been a last ditch longshot from a desperate man who was out of any other, more feasible option.

’He could have AKed it,’ her brain unhelpfully supplied and Rayy was forced to stop as her stomach lurched at the very thought. ‘He could have Crucioed it.’ Her stomach rebelled at that thought as every nerve in her body twanged at the memory that was still every bit as painful as the actuality had been that summer she’d turned 18. The force of the remembered pain had her bent forward to urgently vomit away from her feet...because that would be such a professional look to go back to those poor boys wearing. 

Cracked sobs were muffled into her arm, unable to be held in any longer. All she wanted was to curl up next to her beloved Seb and cry her heart out as he smoothed her hair, whispered inane tales from his rogue bachelor days that were puffed out of all proportion and have him tell her that everything would be alright. Nothing phased him - not even their disasterous first date to the Sapphire Moon where she had got blitzed on a variety of liquor, lost at dice (he cheated just like the Snake he was), and did her level best to scare him off with the whole dreadful story of her life because she was too damned scared of being hurt...no, destroyed...again. She hadn’t had the nerve to raincheck the date but the pain of Lucas Morgan was enough to make her extremely wary of opening herself to that kind of pain again. For about the zillionth time since that fateful evening she was flooded by how grateful she was that the Slytherin man had been Gryffindor enough to shove it behind him and marry her.

Even as emotionally torn apart as she was, Rayy gave herself only a minute or so before she pulled herself together and did her best to look as if nothing dreadful had happened. She could at least face those two boys with dry eyes and a steady voice. Yes they would probably be able to tell something had gone down but damned if they would learn of it via her! 

Rayy moved off at a jog, arriving back to the boys out of breath, tired beyond all reason but dry eyed and surprisingly calm.

”Sorry about that gents,” she said as she removed the wards and levitated them up again, “So, how many bones did you decide I must have broken? And what about those beans? If one of you got grass my boy Ash won’t be happy; it’s his favourite flavour.”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.