Sign in to follow this  
Headmistress McGonagall

Study Hall

Anton Hunter

"So then logic would dictate that Damien is a boyfriend, if they like each other in that romantic way," Anton pointed out matter-of-factly, turning his head back to his transfiguration notes. This really didn't last too long, as he turned to look at @Ethan Smith when the boy put forth his question.

Huh.

That meant Anton had to think about the true definition of a Bro. He sat straight for a moment before he looked back at Ethan and scrutinized the other boy for a second. "I mean, you did cheat on my sister before, got back with her, broke up again, and... now you guys are doing whatever it is you're doing." Because Anton wasn't going to pry. "So I don't think we're Bros on the level of Bro that the word implies."

"But we're friendly enough, so that counts for something."

Celeste Ferranti

Celeste gave @Aurora Andrews a small smile as she assured her that Julian and Hazel wouldn't mind another person in their little study group. "I do, know a lot about princesses, I mean," she said, nodding quickly and hoping that it would convince them both to let her hang out. She wasn't very great friends with them, but ... they were good friends with Aurora, so they wouldn't be mad if she wanted to join in right?  

Damaris Denton

As soon as the words left her mouth, Damaris realized that she wasn't making any sense. Sometimes when she got overtired, her English got a little mixed up. "No, I just...I'm working on Arithmancy now, sorry," she said to @Lindy Rose. "These calculations are a complete mess, no matter what I try to do with them.

"If she does have office hours, she hasn't mentioned them," Damaris grumbled. "I think she might still be mad at me and @Killian Dracel for bringing the first years into the common room late on Sorting Night."

Felicia Fletwock

“Hazardous is my middle name,” Fe quipped, with a mischievous grin at Molly. Clearly some cosmos energy (or Fe’s incessant obnoxious yelling) had thrust them together once again, and the Sixth Year was more than willing ton take advantage of the TOTALLY RANDOM ENCOUNTER.

“I study now,” she said, leaning forward in her bench and resting her elbows on her knees (thus demonstrating that she had not been facing the table upon which her books and notes sat and sort of then giving away that she had not been studying at all), grinning up at her friend. “It’s a thing. We should……………study together sometime.” Ha ha, the suggestiveness was so obvious Fe almost laughed. But laughing would make it more obvious how obvious MOLLY was being about THE WHOLE THING so Fe kept her expression to a smug smirk and a few eyebrow wiggles.

@Molly Stone

Lindy Rose

Lindy smiled a little at Damaris' correction, giving her a small nod. "Maybe ... would going back to the basics help? Dad always says that helps him, and he's the nerdier one in the family," Lindy offered, shrugging a little. She wasn't sure if he was the most trustworthy -- Lindy didn't exactly have @Professor Corelli-Rose's transcripts memorized, so she didn't even know if he'd taken Arithmancy -- but it was worth a shot.

She smirked a little at Damaris' comment. "Got them in late? What were you two up to?" she teased, nudging her friend a little. She may not understand the whole teenager hormone deal in relation to herself, but she knew what it meant for her classmates. "Have you apologized? Talked to her about it?" Communication was key in the Corelli-Rose household, so it was always her first thought in any kind of conflict.  

Damaris Denton

Damaris smiled slightly, despite the fact that her brain still felt like it was full of static every time she looked down at her textbook. "Yeah, I think that's a good idea. Maybe that will work better. I'm clearly not getting the rest of this."

She turned slightly red, however, at Lindy's suggestion. "It was nothing like that!" she giggled. "We just took them for a little game outside, that's all. Mudsliding. It was pretty fun."

When the Hufflepuff asked if she had ever apologized to Wollice, however, she frowned. "Well, I mean...no, not really. I don't try to talk to Wollice that often. I get the feeling she's never really liked me all that much. My step-sister Dante was also in Slytherin and she had something of a reputation." It was the only explanation that she could think of, at least. 

Lindy Rose

Lindy smiled a little as Damaris seemed to feel a bit better at the suggestion. "Take a breather, you deserve a break every now and again," she told the girl, reaching out to rub the girl's back gently. There were a lot of things they had to deal with as prefects and teenagers, so they definitely needed to take breaks when they could.

She giggled at Damaris' answer. "So you kept them out late and you returned them filthy? No wonder she was mad," Lindy teased, tutting softly at her classmate. Her eyebrows furrowed a little at Damaris' answer, lips pursed in thought. "I ... would hope she wouldn't hold that against you. I mean, you're related, but you're not the same person, right? Surely she knows that." Lindy didn't know Professor Wollice as well as she did other professors, but she wanted to believe the best in her professors. Especially ones that were heads of houses like Wollice was.  

Ralph Digby Hamilton

The group around Ralph rapidly began to grow as Harmony showed off his drawing of a unisaurus to those who came over to join them. The Hufflepuff beamed at @Avery Potter and @Harmony Granger-Weasley, then pulled out his colored pencils and lost himself in making it into the most obnoxiously overly rainbowy thing he could. It was disgusting and if he could have done magic he would have made it glitter and shine and move, too.

Sadly, Ralph Digby Hamilton was woefully inept at magic.

When he looked up again, his eyes grew wide when he realized just how much his mad coloring spree had clearly drawn people to him. "Guys! IT'S A UNISAURUS!!" He flailed and showed around the hideous drawing before hopping up and running a quick-ish lap around the table making odd roaring/neighing hybrid sounds.

There really was no explanation, so it wasn't worth asking.

He plopped back down at his seat and looked at Harmony again. "So, what's this about water monsters?"

Harmony Granger-Weasley

Ralph made his drawing of the stegosaurus..or unisaurus now even more unique than it was before, by adding brilliant shades of rainbows to it. He was definitely the most creative person that Harmony ever knew in her young life. 

"That's awesome Ralph." Harmony praised. Then, she watched him do his victory lap around the table. When it appeared that he was finally ready to study, she continued with the explanation. "We're studying the water demons from Defense Against the Dark Arts by quizzing. Want to try a round? Atticus has flashcards. He'll give you a demon description, and then you have to identify it." 

Edited by Harmony Granger-Weasley

Kay Wickham

Throwing some light punches against Fran's oversized backpack, Kay grinned as the impacts continued to be muffled by the dampening shield. Sure, it wasn't as satisfying as hearing them hit, but that wasn't the point of this exercise.

Robin told her that she was more-than-Batman-level silent, and she reached out to fist bump him the moment he dropped his hands from their measurement. When he wondered if he could out-quiet her, she allowed herself a smirk and a cheeky flex of her arm—not that these results had anything to do with her strength but she could never missed an opportunity to show off.

She spotted @Radueriel Benson then, further down one of the tables, and after a quick waitasec motion to the guys she ran over to him and... that was @Eli Benoit from Ravenclaw, right?

Kay shoulda-coulda-woulda given them space and time to talk, maybe, but instead of that she slid into their eyeline like she was sliding into their dms and proceeded to mime various scenarios: running from an explosion in slow-motion, getting into a fistfight with a ghost, and going down a muggle escalator.

Miming was not a thing Kay did on the regular, but when you're under a spell that makes everything you do silent film footage, it's the only real choice left.

Alayna Weasley

Don’t.

The very last thing Alayna wanted was for Fluke to get into a spat with the boy she was forced to work with every bloody day. The Hufflepuff already gifted her with more headaches and stress than she’d experienced even in the past seventeen years combined – and that in and of itself was saying something. But, the instant she noticed his spell meeting its target and a student struggling to speak, the grip she had on her boyfriend loosened.  

And an annoyed shriek fell from her lips.

“WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO BE SO STUPID?!

All the ladies wanted him her arse. He had to stop this nonsense before she lost her bloody mind. Alayna's head whipped around to face the @Ethan Smith as she fumed, “Do you have to be such an idiot all the time? Really?!”

Idina Iordanau

After Ethan had said her help might not actually help him and then gotten into a lovers' quarrel with a younger girl, Idina had focused largely on her own essay once again. The occasional nod or jab at Cora when the Ravenclaw lost focus (okay, it was more than occasional) carried the Slytherin through a great deal until finally, her handwriting so tiny she wasn't sure it was legible, she had finished her Transfiguration essay. One had to admire the Slytherin's tenacity in the face of greatly distracting yearmates.

It wasn't until @Alayna Weasley came over and started yelling at @Ethan Smith for... something... that Idina even remembered that she and Cora were not the only two in the room.

"Bloody hell, Alayna, of course he does. It's in his nature," Idina drawled as she pulled her wand out to work on some Charms - hopefully with @Cora Ives if she could find a way to get the Ravenclaw to cooperate. "But must you poke your nose into everything all the time whether it's wanted or not? Sheesh, it's almost like you want the attention, Head Girl. Cora, want to work on some beauty charms with me?"

Delia Halliwell-Midnight

"You're a wonderful purse holder.” Delia gave Damien a second kiss on the cheek. He probably was on the verge of fainting now. “Hey he is to my….purse holder.” She was quick to not say boyfriend because, well, ew. Damien was not her boyfriend. She had no idea what Anton and Ethan were discussing until Alayna came trampling over calling Ethan stupid. She didn’t really think Ethan was an idiot but why was Alayna so emotional?

“Um…are you on your period? I can get Damien to give you some PMS potion I have in my bag. It totally works wonders on cramps and oh the bloating too. I know just last week I had a horrible  time fitting into my Versace robes until I took it. Worked like a charm!”

Alayna Weasley

The girl’s eyes narrowed as she stood there and practically dared the boy to protest her claim, when suddenly another voice suddenly drew her attention elsewhere. “I… I’m not…” Alayna began, her mind so flustered with frustration and bafflement now that it was difficult to formulate what she wanted to say. She’d hardly ever spoken to Idina – how could she know if she’d ‘poked her nose into things’? And attention? She never did anything for attention! She just wanted Ethan to stop! To stop doing everything so she’d not have to deal with it anymore!

“You… he….

She was about to say more, or at least try to, when something was said which instantly flushed her cheeks dark crimson. “I’mnotonmyperiod.”  

Ethan Smith

“Friendly, that is good enough.” Ethan knew that he didn’t have many bro friends, and that was something he was alright with. “What even is a bro, like I have no clue what that even means.” He laughed as he was trying to get back to his notes, he was trying to understand these runes that he didn’t understand at all. 

Then Alayna walked up and said something along the lines that he was an idiot. “I am not a flacking idiot, I am the one minding my own business and you walk over here calling me an idiot. Go back to your boyfriend and snog him or something.” 

Then he laughed when something about periods came up, sure he shouldn’t be. 

Ethan was just doing his own thing when Alayna walked over here and bothering him. 

Delia Halliwell-Midnight

Delia understood it all now. “Ohhhhh.” She knew what the Head Girl was going through then. “So you’re PMSing then….” That’s when she knew exactly what would help Alayna. “I have a irritability potion in my purse that cures that right up! Two sips and-“ Delia snapped her fingers for emphasis - “You’re right back to feeling like you and not a banshee. I mean no offense or anything.” She hadn’t realized Ethan had like, silenced the first year or was it second year? Delia had used the silencing charm herself on @Cordelia Waldegrave plenty of times and she turned out perfectly okay.

Dorjee Shire Sherpa

As the crowd of fourth years began to grow, with a couple even paying a little too much attention to him, Dorjee began to get flustered and wound up shutting his mouth. He'd hoped to keep his inability in dueling between himself and Simon, but that didn't appear to be what would happen. He pulled a book off the top of the stack and began to read, hiding behind it for several minutes until he spotted @Julian Pritchard and @Hazel Wheeler nearby. "I'll... I'm going to say hi fast."

Dorjee made a quick exit and walked over, waving awkwardly at Julian and Hazel. "I hope you are both very well today," he said, fumbling a couple words as he spoke and aware that he was once again drawing attention to himself. "Julian, later we could have a duel? I am trying to learn more how to duel."

That was adequate. Dorjee stumbled off and took his seat next to @Simon Reed and @Stella Peabody again, desperately wishing @Alyssa Hoofer was there. She was great with people and didn't sound funny when she talked.

Alayna Weasley

She wanted to disappear right then. Everything she’d said was factual: Aunt Flo was most definitely not on her monthly visit, but the look Delia was currently giving her coupled with Ethan’s laughter seriously made her want to walk straight out of that room.

And if only doing so wouldn’t have surely confirmed the idea in their minds, she would’ve. But Alayna could be stubborn just as strongly as she could be anything else so there was no way she could let them go on believing that she… that the only reason… just no.

She could feel the heat in her face practically radiating off her as she stood there facing the Hufflepuff. Every further word the girl had to speak, the more she felt like melting into the ground and staying there forever. Yet she had to make a point.

She had to say something.

I… I’m… I’m not, I’m….”

What was she trying to do? Oh… yeah…

With a sudden jab of her finger, Alayna gestured fiercely in Ethan’s direction.

“It’s all his fault!”   

Edited by Alayna Weasley

Cora Ives

Ooooh, confrontation. 

Cora sank into her seat, pointedly avoiding the eyes of the squabbling headparents and doing everything she could to melt into the floor below her. "Delia, please," she whimpered. The Hufflepuff definitely was not helping the situation, and Cora was already so incredibly uncomfortable from all of this that each added layer of confrontation would likely take a year off of her life.

She'd just wanted to study.

"I'll do anything." Cora cozied up to @Idina Iordanau, as if the Slytherin's presence alone might protect her from All of This (even if she, too, was involved). "Please. Anything." Was there a beauty charm that would make the situation prettier? 

Ava Winchester

Hell was frozen over because Ava Winchester had ventured down to study hall. The Gryffindor never did, often completing her assignments during her other classes or getting to work as soon as they were dismissed, but now she was bored and there was only one person to blame for it: @Anton Hunter

See, Ava had adopted Anton as her pet project for the year in several different ways. First, there was  the dueling chamber. The Ravenclaw was fully capable but for some reason thought the opposite so Ava had taken it upon herself to slowly torture him every day until he finally caught on. Second, there was the blood rush experiment. Ava liked testing all the little things she could do to make the blood rush to Anton’s face. She was pretty sure the minimum she had to do was wink at the boy but she had yet to test it. It was kind of impossible seeing as she’d searched almost the entire castle and had yet to locate him.

She saw Anton as too smart to bother what with the way he spouted out the scientific names for any plants he came across. It was never just a flower or a ‘lily’ with Anton, it was ‘Lilium albanicum’. Merlin, why did she even know that??? Had Anton said it or had she looked it up?  …Anyway.

Ava decided to check out the great hall during the study hours to see if maybe, for some weird reason, he’d be there. When she spotted the familiar head of dark hair she couldn’t help her grin. F I N A L L Y. Someone to entertain her.

The seventh year put a finger to her lips to shush anyone who saw her (though she doubted anyone was paying attention) as she came up behind Anton and then, at the first moment she could, she placed her hands over his eyes.

“Guess who,” Ava said, attempting to lower her voice. Maybe he couldn’t tell it was her. She’d used someone else’s shampoo that morning.

Salomé Schiferli

Salomé decided her current position at the table wasn't that great. Spotting @Harmony Granger-Weasley she decided she was done with being alone. Sometimes being alone wore her own. She spent a lot of time alone when she was at home (did she ever). Grabbing her things, she made her way to the table. Eyeing @Ralph Digby Hamilton, she bit down on her lip. She knew he knew. She just hoped he kept his mouth shut.

"Can I sit here?" Since she was last at Hogwarts, Salomé has grown several inches. Thankfully her grandmother remembered to grab her new robes. The old ones came up almost to her knees. "If you don't mind."

Seeley Pichardo

Sure, she probably could have phrased it in a better way, but @Jaxon Sinclair had known what she had been talking about.  Maybe Papa Sinclair wasn't an auror but unfortunately following one of those around wasn't a possibility.  If she wanted to learn something about how the world out there really worked he was apparently her easiest option.  

Of course, @Maggie Sinclair had to go and make it weird.  Maggie made everything weird.  The sixth year shot her a look (as best as she could) over the third year that was far too tall for life.  

"Perfect, now i just have to make sure my father..." and she again sent a scalding look in the slytherin fifth year's direction at those words "won't protest too much.  I mean, I'll be seventeen so he can't really say anything but I know he'll try.  How dangerous can it be?" 

She turned back to Wyatt ( @Wyatt Lazarus )  then, and rejoined the conversation that wasn't so far off from the one that had been struck up with the Sinclair siblings and smiled at him.  "That's true."  She'd had the same dream for as long as she could remember and if it hadn't been killed yet, what were the chances it would be.  "I'm glad someone's still believing in me." 

Gwynthr Hughes

One thing you children should know - never turn your back on an apex predator. She bolted down the night-darkened lawn, ears and tail up, lips curled in a parody of a grin above her teeth as she chased the children that had thought they could outpace her towards safety.

Never, ever run from a wolf - it’s only a game of Chase for them.

Her second charged at her side, not overtaking her smaller form despite his ability to do so. He knew who was driving this and accepted it.

Light and dark pounded down the brittle crash, raking up tussocks of grass and gaining.

If it hadn’t been for the massive doors, they would have gotten them.

As it was, she slammed her shoulder against heavy oak and fell away with a clamour in her throat. She shook off the pain in her side at the collision with unforgiving wood and, standing up on her back legs, she gouged the door with her claws before falling back with a frustrated growl. So close!

He, however, sensed the futility of bringing down the doors and circled around the stone wall of the castle. A few moments later, there sounded a howl - a trailing call that said, Here! Here!

And there is was.

Light coloured the dark lawn a faded pale gold as it spilled from the window. 

Her pack-mate had retreated some distance from it and poised to leap.

When he did, charging and taking to the air, there was a great cacophony of sound as the glass fractured and broke, raining like so many glittering precious stones to the ground. From within there was the sound of heavy landing, but, more importantly, the new opening had let flow a fresh wave of smells and she froze at the bombardment of it. 

There were so many of them...

Her packmate, meanwhile, had crashed through glass and into wooden chairs standing in his way. He shook off the damage and stood, huge and growling low on all four paws inside the castle.

It was only moments before the screaming had started.

And by then it was too late.

Run, run little lambs - oh, but you can’t.

---

Your Study Hall has officially been crashed.

Damaris Denton

"Yeah, I mean I would hope not," Damaris said, pursing her lips.

And then, there was a loud crash. 

wolf had just crashed through a window in the Great Hall. Damaris's eyes widened at the sound and the sight of the feral animal. It took her a few seconds to register what had just happened when she realized--

That wasn't a wolf.

That was a werewolf.

"RUN!"

Lindy Rose

Lindy had been trying to be a supportive friend, but then the loud crash happened and she jumped a bit in her seat. "Wh -- when did we get pups on the grounds?" she asked quickly before Damaris shouted. 

"Run?" she asked quickly, slowly coming to the realization that Damaris had come to a little bit quicker than she had. Lindy got up quickly, eyes scanning the hallway quickly. "ROBIN?" She had seen her young brother come into the great hall, but they were allowed to have their own lives so she hadn't done more than wave. Where the hell was @Robin Corelli-Rose? She needed to find him right now.

lindy has her wand out, but is not super concerned about the wolves right now. just find her brudder ;-;

Edited by Lindy Rose

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.