Sign in to follow this  
Headmistress McGonagall

Study Hall

Felicia Fletwock

Felicia was there for the food.

The food and the girls.

The food and the girls and the...books?

Whatever. Judge all you want, Hogwarts, but Felicia Fletwock had become a studying MACHINE after her OWLs last year, and it wasn't JUST because she wanted to keep up with brilliant friends like Molly, or JUST because she wanted to impress pretty ladies, or JUST because her parents threatened to keep her off racing if she didn't ace her Sixth Year.

She wasn't JUST anything, because all of those things combined were THREE THINGS, and that was legitimate reason enough for her to be present.

"MOLLY," she hollered out randomly, every few seconds. "MOLLY STONE!" She was sure the girl had to be here, being a big nerd and all. Plus she was getting bored of sitting around, spinning a knife through the air and digesting her huge dinner.

@Molly Stone

Julian Pritchard

Julian nodded, though his attention wasn’t entirely on what Hazel was saying, but on the fact that she was now intertwining her fingers with her fingers, making his entire hand feel warm and tingly. One day, he would grow used to the sight of their hands clasped together - probably - but he was at a point where his eyes seemed constantly drawn to it.

He forced himself to look away and up, towards her, and gave her an embarrassed grin. He was opening his mouth to speak when he heard Aurora greeting them from behind. He glanced around, and waved at her with his free hand.

“Hi, Aurora! Do you want to sit?” He gestured with his head towards the empty chair next to him before turning back to Hazel. “I don’t think I ever saw the Disney version of Rapunzel, but I think that’s true of most fairy-tales. Weren’t most of them originally written as cautionary tales for children?” He frowned at the book. His mum had read him some of the Brothers Grimm tales and told him this, though he rarely could understand how they were supposed to be didactic.

Edited by Julian Pritchard

Molly Stone

Due to her colossal work load, occasionally Molly participated in some nice, relaxing, communal studying. Today was different however. "Bloody hell," she swore at the sound of another burst of noise. "What the flack is going on?" Massaging her temples, she stuffed her transfiguration book back into her satchel, figuring it was best to go to the common room. The study hall had never been this crowded in history, and as much as Molly was curious as to why, she had too much homework to worry about it.

As she was exiting the Great Hall, however, she heard the sound of her voice: loud, like a crackle of fire. Molly turned, changing directions.

Her expression warmed at the sight of her best friend, heart racing slightly. "Hey, Fe. What's up? Hazardous," she complimented the knife play. "I'm impressed you're studying," she grinned.

@Felicia Fletwock

Hazel Wheeler

Hazel’s smile hadn’t faltered from when she first felt Julian bump his fingers with her own, and she couldn’t stop watching the way he looked at their hands. He had done that on their first date. It was as endearing then as it was now.

Her smile slipped into a close mouthed one, cloaked in warmth and sunshine. When Julian looked back up at her, dimples appearing around an embarrassed smile, she wanted to tell him how nice he looked in the evening light of the Great Hall. The stars in the ceiling certainly didn’t help much to quell her thoughts on him either.

The arrival of Aurora did however. The nickname ‘babe’ felt like a cold reminder of how Hazel had been after her kiss with Simon. The thought made her eyes drift to where she knew the Ravenclaw was sitting before quickly returning back to Aurora. She assumed - and from the blantant stop of Simon’s letters - that things weren’t going very well between the two. Definitely not as well as she and Julian were fairing. 

“Hi Aurora!” Hazel’s smile was back at full capacity, “You should join us! We’re talking about princesses!”

Or at least some version of them. Hazel nodded along as Julian spoke and squeezed his hand for some form of reassurance, “Yeah, the original stories usually have a dark twist that come with a hidden meaning... M-Maybe we could watch the Disney one together sometime? O-Over the summer?”

Smooth, Hazel, smooth.

Aiden Hunter

Why had Aiden decided to take Muggle Studies again? He hated any class where the majority of it involved reading.

Oh yeah, he had decided that it was going to be an easy A and stupidly decided to take the class. Little did he know that it was going to be nothing more than complete nonsense. Now he had to memorize things about the fantasy world that his professor lived in.

Unfortunately, things weren’t going great in his other studies either. In classes where he had to form practical magic he was doing fine in but classes like History of Magic where he actually had to study? Yeah, no thanks. Still, he at the very least wanted to get an EE in some of the classes that he wasn’t exactly enthusiastic about. One or two maybe? That’d probably be enough to get his parents off of his back.

Celeste Ferranti

Celeste liked to be a good best friend. She was not always the best. She was often lost in her own thoughts, so she couldn't say she was the absolutely ideal best friend, but she tried. Like when her best friend came to her, crying and sad about a boy breaking her heart, Celeste had been there and happy to listen to her best friend's woes. It was hardly the kind of thing she could avoid being a part of.

So of course, when she found out @Aurora Andrews was in the midst of going to a study hall where a lot of people might be, she made it a point to follow her roommate along. "Oh, Rory, there you are!" she said cheerfully, catching sight of her bright red hair. "Oh, hey, guys," she added, nodding at @Hazel Wheeler and @Julian Pritchard, who were already sitting. "Mind adding another mind to the group?" she asked, giving them a small, hopeful smile.

Salomé Schiferli

Being back at Hogwarts was kind of odd. Salomé was tired of being at home, so being back meant there was something to do. A distraction.

She just arrived back at Hogwarts the night before. It figures she had study hall the moment she came back. Heading into the Great Hall, she spotted @Margot du Courtois and took a seat next to her, taking out her books and sighing. "Isn't this fun." She said dryly. 

Damaris Denton

Damaris was so bored, and she had so much homework that she had to get through before Quidditch started up again. And now that she was one of the captains, she had to be especially serious about making sure that everything was done properly and on-time. 

And why were there so many damn people in the study hall? She'd come to the Great Hall so that she could have some peace and quiet while she studied so that she could make sure that she passed OWLs. She was on edge enough about those already.

Sighing dramatically, she laid her head down on the table for a few moments.

Delia Halliwell-Midnight

Delia had a lot to get through right now. She was studying for her NEWTs which only really included herbology and potions. Starting her own cosmetics and skincare empire was going to be hard work. She was up to the task though. Now that Damien was her permanent purse holder she still found it weird he wanted to hang out with her all the time. Didn’t he know she needed her space? Still, she knew she uh, had very strong um, affections for Damien. She tolerated him far more than anyone else besides Cordelia and honestly he was a far cry from that poor Hufflepuff prefect.

With a couple of her books and parchment laid out, Delia was carefully working on a potions essay when she turned to @Damien Belizaire who was nearby. “Can you hand me my pocket mirror? I need to tell Ethan he’s getting a zit on his neck.”

Damien Belizaire

Following Delia around with her purse was exhausting sometimes but it was worth it and there was no one whose purse Damien would rather hold than Delia Halliwell-Midnight's. He was always going to be there for her whether as her purse holder or whatever she wanted him to be, even in the Great Hall during a study session. He didn't have classes this term — there was no reason for his presence. 

No reason other than because Delia had NEWTS to study for and she had a purse that needed to be held. 

"One sec," Damien searched through her bag to find the mirror in question. "I will never understand why girls always carry big purses, there's like two things in here," he mumbled, handing the mirror over. And after a moment of silently staring when he spoke, he wished the Aliens would take him from Earth. 

"You look pretty... studious. Pretty studious. Yeah, you look like you're studying really hard for those NEWTs. I'll stop talking now." 

Lindy Rose

Lindy was exhausted. Being a Prefect meant that she was doing patrols nearly every night and it was actually so very tiring. It meant she was also so tired that she didn't bake as much as she used to. It was devastating.

"I agree," she mumbled as @Damaris Denton dropped her head down to her table. "Do we need a sugar fix? I bet we can get the elves to magic us up some cookies or something." The elves were usually pretty good about giving them some treats. Then again, maybe they wouldn't be able to since it was technically a study hall and they ... might not be allowed? She still wasn't sure about all of the rules.  

Delia Halliwell-Midnight

When Damien gave her the mirror she smiled. “Thank you.” She quickly gave Damien a kiss on the cheek and patted the seat next to her. “You should sit down. Standing has to be hard on that nice ar—— its probably tiring.” She couldn’t imagine ever standing for that long even in stilettos. She did it because those Louis Vuitton pumps were worth it. She was never getting rid of her red shoes.

“Ethan. Ethan.” She got up from her seat to go tap the head boy on the shoulder. “You have this gross zit on your neck. Look. If you don’t take care of it now it’ll grow into its own postal code.”

Ethan Smith

Finally, there was silenced. @Jacqueline Frost was not making any more noise. Thanks to his silencing spell and he could see that Anton was not happy about it. She was being loud for no reason at all. His books were still in a pile and he was trying to study. Then came in Delia saying something. "I do not have zits. I use a potion everyday." He said to Delia and went back to studying. 

Damien Belizaire

Damien froze, stared silently for what must have been an eternity before snapping back to reality and taking a seat next to Delia. 

Did that really just happen? Did... Delia... kiss... him... 

A small smile tugged on his lips, this was the best day ever. 

Delia Halliwell-Midnight

"There's something right there. Don't you see it? Ethan look its disgusting.' She held up the mirror for him to see where it was on his neck. "Fix it or at least put some make up on it. Do you want some concealer?" Merlin for a Triwizard champion why didn't Ethan care about appearances? He was head boy.

Ethan Smith

Why did no one allow him to study. He thought he was good when he silenced that annoying cat name Jack, she wasn't cat but acted like one. Now there was Delia. "This is a birthmark. @Damien Belizaire take care of your girlfriend right now, I am trying to study." 

Some people needed to respect the head boy. 

Edited by Ethan Smith

Damien Belizaire

"Uuuuuuuuh...." 

Damien stared at Ethan then at Delia then back at Ethan and back at Delia. 

"...." 

Silence. 

Damaris Denton

"I would love some cookies," Damaris mumbled to @Lindy Rose. "I need to actually go to Arithmancy now, and have you seen that textbook lately?" 

She held up her Arithmancy textbook to show Lindy the symbols that were on the page. "I've been over these calculations for like the past hour, but they still aren't making any sense."

Delia Halliwell-Midnight

"Well forgive me for trying to make you look good." But then he called Delia Damien's girlfriend.

"HEY HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND. HE'S MY-MY-MY...."What was Damien? "Manfriend?" She barely said above a whisper. Mortified, Delia;s cheeks turned red and she went to sit back at her seat.

Damien was probably still on cloud nine since she kissed his cheek.

Ethan Smith

"I look good the way I am, all the ladies want me." He tried not to laugh about that, he had not really talked to many people since him and Sophia drifted apart. "Did you say Man Friend?" Ethan looked over at @Anton Hunter "Are we manfriends? Anton? Is Delia making any sense at this moment?" He needed someone to say something since @Damien Belizaire looked like he was hit with a silencing charm, which was not Ethan's fault. 

Damien Belizaire

"I'M NOT HER BOYFRIEND!" Damien managed to say, "I'm her uuuuuhhh.... I HOLD HER PURSE SO SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO. I'm her purse holder." 

Delia? His girlfriend?

That would never happen. 

Only in his dreams. 

Anton Hunter

Anton looked back up from his Transfiguration work to blink at Ethan's question.

His... what now?

"Uhhhhh." Anton was lost in the entire conversation, and could only look from Ethan to Delia and back to Ethan again. "I mean, technically yes? You're a guy and you're my friend? So I guess it would be a Man Friend. Though I have to admit Ethan, it sounds kind of weird. I've heard the term Bros used more often than not."

But then this begged the question.

"But are we Man Friends?" He thought so? Or was this something different?

Lindy Rose

"You have to go already?" Lindy asked, pouting a little as her best friend sat up. Lindy wrinkled her nose at the sight of Damaris' textbook. "I haven't figured out that one yet," she admitted, giving her a weak smile. "I'm still not sure I understand this whole concept, though," Lindy added, gesturing at @Damaris Denton's textbook.

"Does Professor Wollice have office hours, do you think?"  

Aurora Andrews

Aurora breathed a sigh of relief when both greeted her kindly (especially Hazel), and gladly took the seat next to Julian. She had worried that perhaps she had stumbled on a private (or as one could get in such a public setting) moment between the two. The redhead caught the tail end of their previous conversation before and wasn't surprised that the subject at hand was related to princesses.

"I'm always down for princess talking."

To be fair she was down for anything that took her mind off the fact that she was once again in the same room as Simon, pretending as if he wasn't there to make it all the more easier on herself. But she was surprised not long after taking her seat to have Celeste make a surprise arrival. Aurora, thinking she had a handle on her best friend, was pleased to find her there, particularly as she was looking for her.

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind, right?? Celeste knows all about being a princess, of course."

Ethan Smith

Anton was right. "Bros is the term for boys that are friend. But Delia called Damien her manfriend, but I am sure they both like one another. They have told me they do. But they don't want to admit it." They never want to, it was the most annoying thing. " @Anton Hunter that is what I want them to understand. But we are bros?" Even though he broke his sisters heart. But he knew that he still loved @Sophia Hunter but didn't know how to tell her. 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.