Cosette Mercier

There comes a time in our lives things happen and we get super confused.

Cosette Mercier

There was a lot that Cosette wasn’t understand these days, she was kissed by Jack Frost and her mind was racing. With that being a few days Cosette needed to talk to someone, she just didn’t know who she was could talk to about it. Avery was the best person she thought she was able to talk to about it, and figured that her best friend was somewhere. 

In the middle of class one day, Cosette wrote a note to Avery asking her to meet her in one of the unused classrooms. She didn’t know how she would bring it up, but she knew that she had to talk to her best friend. Someone that might be able to help her with this. 

She might now have asked for the kiss, but the kiss wasn’t bad at all. She did run away after it happened and didn’t know if she was going to be a face her again. It wasn’t like she was besties with Jack, just something happened over breakfast one morning and it lead to Jack knowing that she liked Jake Sinclair, or at least thought that he was cute. Then there was also Juan, the older prefect that was a Slytherin. 

There was so much going on in her brain she just didn’t know what she was supposed to do. 

Hoping that Avery would meet her, she took a seat in a chair and started to write as she was waiting.

Avery Potter

Avery was a little confused as to why Cosette had written her a note to meet up. Surely, they could speak in the Great Hall, or she could have found her before dinner? Either way, Avery would not let her friend down. She was certain that it had to be something important for them to be meeting within such an obscure place. It was for this reason she quickly made her way towards the meeting place.

She was a little concerned.

What if something had happened to Cosette? What if she did not want to be friends anymore? What if she had decided to leave Hogwarts behind? Hundreds of scenarios were flicking for the young Hufflepuffs mind as she leapt up the stairs a couple at a time. Stalling in front of the door, she attempted to compose herself.

“Cosette?” She questioned as she pushed open the door. She closed it behind her, so there were no prying ears. “Are you okay?”

Cosette Mercier

Knowing that there was other places that she was able to meet her best friend, but this was something she didn’t want to tell anyone or hope that no one else heard about. She was not embarrass that it happened but she didn’t know that to think about it at all. Kissing Jack Frost, even if it was just for a second, it felt nice. 

Sitting there waiting to see if Avery was going to show up, which she did, and closed the door. She looked up at her best friend. And the down at the table again. 

“Frost kissed me and I um… um… liked it.” She said it, she had not said it out loud at all since it happened, the day before. But finally she said it and then looked at Avery. “I just don’t… don’t know what to think.”

She didn’t, it wasn’t something that she was ever thinking would happen. One second they were talking about Sinclair and the next she was kissed and then Cosette walked out not know what to think or even say.

Avery Potter

She had not expected that to come from her friend.

Avery had been worrying about their friendship. She had been worrying that Cosette was going to leave Hogwarts behind. She did not think that her friend would suddenly reveal that she had been kissed by one of her own roommates. She was rather baffled by the admission, for she had never thought they were old enough to start having any feelings.

“Well let’s break it down.” Avery replied gently, trying not to spook her. Love was love, after all. “What did you feel when she kissed you?”

Hopefully they would be able to figure this out together. Cosette was a Ravenclaw, so she would try and used some sort of logic to reach a conclusion. Avery knew that it would be a long shot but she had to at least try to get her friend to understand, so that in the long run she also understood.

Cosette Mercier

This was not something that she thought would happen, she didn’t think she would have her first kiss, and didn’t think that it would be from Frost. Of all people, the one person she believed hated her, well disliked her. And she still thought that, didn’t think that the Hufflepuff liked her. They were talking about Sinclair and how Cosette did like her, but didn’t know how to talk to someone. 

Ow Avery wanted to break it down. 

“How did I feel?” She didn’t think of that. “I… I ran away….” It was something that she didn’t know was the right thing to do or the wrong thing to do, but it was something that she did. “I didn’t know how… how to react to it.” She didn’t but how did it make her feel, that was something she was trying to think of but just didn’t know. 

“I think… think it felt nice.” At least she liked to believe that it did since it was something that she wanted to do again. 

Why was life always so complicated. It was annoying. There needed to be a handout on how to be a teenager and liking people. This was not something she liked at all, she wanted answers and was just so confused and lost. 

Avery Potter

“I understand.” Avery replied, though her understanding was truly lacking. She had never experienced a first kiss before so did not know whether she would run away or face her actual fears. As she mentally kicked herself for thinking about something else, Avery turned back to the issues at hand. This was about Cosette – she needed to focus on her best friend.

“Yes! Nice. That is a good thing.” She said with a smile. “It means that you are open to the idea.”

She thought.

Maybe she had just read one too many of her older cousins witch weekly magazines throughout the holidays. She wanted to be there for Cosette, but also did not want to say the wrong thing. Maybe she could find Alayna as she if she had any quizzes on kissing?

“Close your eyes. Think back to it. What do you remember?”

Maybe if they went through the kiss step by step she would not be so confused. If that did not work, then the other option was for them to track down Jack and force them to kiss once more.

Cosette Mercier

Kissing wasn’t something that was in her mind at all, not once did she think she would ever have a kiss. And then her first kiss get taken away from her, then she ran away. Looking at her best friend, she was glad she was able to talk to someone about it. Keeping it inside wouldn’t be the best thing to do. 

Open to the idea? Cosette was wondering if she would want to kiss her again. “Her lips... lips were soft.” Even if it was only for agony a half of second, she felt those lips and wanted to feel them again, 

The thing that Avery was talking about. It confused her? Close her eyes and think back? That is all she had been doing was thinking about the kiss and how she wanted to be kiss her again, “Will that help? Maybe....” No, she wouldn’t ask her best friend that. She couldn’t even think to ask her best friend the thought that was going through he mind at this time. With kissing only being in her mind. “I’ll try.” 

She closed her her eyes and thought about it. “All I can... can picture is... is her lips.... on mind.”

Avery Potter

Avery studied her best friend carefully.

Of all the conversations that she had imagined having that day this truly was not one of them. Avery listened carefully as Cosette spoke about the kiss. She waited, hoping that her advice would be somewhat useful. She was currently batting in the dark with her advice. Avery had yet to actually receive her own first kiss – she was truly behind many of her friends on that account it seemed.

“I think that is a good thing.” Avery said a little unsure. “Maybe… you should go and speak with her. I bet you anything she is still thinking about it.”

She paused for a moment.

“Or, if she isn’t, at least you know?”

Avery wondered whether that was the right thing to say to her. What if she had just given her another issue to be conflicted about? She needed to stop whilst she was ahead at this point, before her speaking gave everyone issues. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.