Jacquetta Rosewood

Squid Spotting

Jacquetta Rosewood

Jacquetta had heard that there was a Giant Squid in the lake at Hogwarts. And she wanted to see it. She had dragged Willa down to the lake with her to look for it. "Oh, was that it?" she asked her best friend, pointing to something. "Never mind. That was nothing." Sigh.

{Post 100. <3}

Willa Henry

It hadn't been hard for Jacquetta to convince Willa that they needed to see the Giant Squid. At first the girl had been peering as hard as her friend, but now she was sitting on the ground next to it debating whether she should stick her feet in. 

"Um? I don't see?" She took the time to look now, "Maybe you have to make a splash to get it's attention?"

Jacquetta Rosewood

Willa had a good point. Maybe the Squid needed some motivation to show up. Jacquetta took her shoes and shocks off and held her skirt up. She waded into the water and waited. "It's not that cold," she commented.

Willa Henry

"It isn't?" Willa asked as she quickly untied her shoes and waded in after her friend. She grinned as she realized that it wasn't as cold as some of the beaches by her home. "Ooh it's fine! We should make a big splash so that it has to come see what's up. Do you think it eats people?"

Jacquetta Rosewood

"I doubt it eats people... otherwise there would be a ward up to keep us from the water," Jacquetta replied. "Or maybe they're willing to risk losing a few kids!" she said and splashed water in Willa's face before running off in the other direction, cackling.

Willa Henry

Willa giggled as she instinctively held up her hands to keep the water from getting in her eyes. Chasing after Jacquetta, Willa tried to kick as much water up as she could to get her friend soaked. She didn't care that they had classes later and would probably be cold during them, this was more fun. 

"If it does eat kids, I'm beating you to the shore!"

Jacquetta Rosewood

She grinned when Willa chased after her. They were always up to something, as her father said. Or, if they were doing something truly silly, he said "shenanigans" in a stern voice. Jacquetta wondered what he'd say now. She raced Willa back to the shore and quickly turned back to the lake to see if she could spot the Squid. "Something's moving in there!" she said, pointing.

Willa Henry

Willa panted as she turned to look where Jacquetta was pointing. She thought she saw a tentacle moving around near where Jacquetta pointed, but she couldn't be sure. "I think it's the squid! Wow, it's even big from here!"

Jacquetta Rosewood

It was the Giant Squid! She hadn't been lied to! "So it was true!" she said, her eyes sparkling. "It is big!" The creature floated to the surface and began to swim across the length of the lake. "Who knew such a thing existed?" she said, mostly to herself. She was completely in awe.

Willa Henry

"How do you think it got into the lake?" She asked as she stood on her tip toes to try and get a better view of it. Grinning over at Jacquetta, Willa couldn't help but be excited for her friend. "Maybe someone brought it here as a pet at first"

Jacquetta Rosewood

"That's an interesting thought!" she said. "I'm not sure. Maybe we could ask someone... or check the library? I'm sure there's a book on Hogwarts somewhere." She would have to find out how the Squid got there and why it was there. She had to know.

Willa Henry

"Let's try the library first?" Willa grabbed her friend's hand after throwing her shoes into her backpack before running off into the castle. While Willa had no idea how to look that up in a book, she figured that Jacquetta would know or there would be a librarian who could help them out. 

The end.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.