Sign in to follow this  
Damaris Denton

Dynamite and a laser beam

Damaris Denton

The second that she got her first prefect assignment of the year, she turned an angry shade of red. She fully intended to march right up to Ethan and Alayna and demand to know why her very real objections to patrolling with Dove had been ignored. But there wasn't enough time before their first assignment to find either of them, and after she and Killian had been seen stringing up first years in the Great Hall, she didn't exactly want to do anything that would potentially get her in more trouble.

She folded her arms across her chest as the two of them walked in silence. Damaris didn't want to say a single word, because if there was one thing she knew, it was that Dove was barking mad and would use any excuse to attack her. After all, she hadn't needed to do much for Dove to start shooting lightning hexes at her in the common room. Merlin, she couldn't even remember what she'd done to set her off. 

It also wasn't fair that she hadn't gotten to patrol with her friends who were prefects or with Killian. Then patrolling would have actually been fun. Instead, she was stuck with an older Prefect who probably would wind up in Azkaban the moment that she graduated (if not sooner). 

Dove Lightwood

Red had never been her colour. It was one of the many reasons she had never wanted to be sorted into Gryffindor - instead finding her way into the house of the snakes. A house in which self-preservation and ambition were absolute key factors in ones personality. She had never been quite about her overall desire once she left the hell that was Hogwarts. 

It meant that she needed to find some entertainment in order to get through her final year. The chance came the moment she read through the prefect assignments for the first week - and realised it would be one time she actually completed what was required of her. There were many layers of her personality. Ambition. Ruthlessness. Creativity... the need for revenge. 

She was the first to break the silence, as she turned to the fifth year. 

"I feel as though we got off on the wrong foot." Dove said, uncharacteristically warm. "I'm pleased that Smith and Weasley paired us together. It's a chance to put all our issues aside. Don't you agree?"

#replacedbyaliensalert

Damaris Denton

Damaris eyed Dove suspiciously. She felt that she had a good reason to be suspicious, because after all, when she’d been eliminated from the tournament when she was a second year, Dove had decided to take that out on her by pelting her with lightning hexes. And she hadn’t even known Dove’s name at the time!

She made sure to keep a couple of arm’s lengths away from the other Slytherin girl. As far as she knew, she was planning something, and it was only a matter of time until she found out exactly what was going on.

“...I’m not sure what you mean,” Damaris said carefully, wondering if there was actually a chance that Dove was telling the truth. There couldn’t be, right? “The first time we met, you tried to use me as target practice in the Slytherin Common Room. You have to understand that I don’t exactly have a lot of reason to trust that you’ve magically changed.”

Dove Lightwood

“Well... you had just humiliated our glorious house.” Dove replied, as she moved forward. She knew that it would take a lot for Damaris to trust her - and she was planning on succeeding. She remembered the day fondly in which she had used her spell on the younger girl. She had been a fourth year, ready to leave hogwarts, only to be sent back with a badge. It became clear on that day that no matter her actions - Dove was immune to the negative effects of the trouble she often caused. 

“I am trying here, Denton. We cannot prefect a house if we do not have a form of unity.” The lake was in her view point. She stopped, ensuring she was well away, turning to the fifth year. “We need to show that slytherin is the best.”

Damaris Denton

Damaris gritted her teeth when Dove mentioned that she'd humiliated the house. "So because I lost a duel, you decided to shoot lightning hexes at me," she rolled her eyes at the thought. "Have you ever even been in the Dueling Chamber before? Like once in your entire life?" 

She knew that she was playing a dangerous game here, but Damaris had never been able to stop herself from talking before. She folded her arms across her chest and stared Dove down. "I don't think trying to hex me was very unifying," Damaris countered. "And what does that mean anyway? Do you even care about anything other than yourself?"

In the few interactions she'd had with the other Slytherin girl, she certainly hadn't proven herself to be someone who cared much about anyone or anything other than herself, so she felt confident saying so. 

She definitely didn't notice her proximity to the lake. 

Branchy

Who dares wakes the bowtruckle from his nap? He was enjoying his nap before he went on a nightly hunt for some fairy eggs, but it seems like some humans had better ideas for him and wanted to wake him up. 

Couldnt himans be quiet. 

He decided to peek his head out and look to see where the sound was coming from bjt he couldn’t see anything. Turning back he went back inside his tree to try and nap again.

Then he remember he wasn’t in his normal tree and plopped our of the tear near the lake and tried to go back to his tree in the forest .

just a friendly bowtruckle here popping in, if you don’t want me here send me a PM and I’ll delete this ❤️ 
Edited by Branchy

Dove Lightwood

(we ❤️ you branchy)

Clearly Damaris could not see what Dove was attempting to achieve. Her attempt at making amends had been quashed – just as she hoped it would be. She knew that there would be a argumentative response, that she would avoid looking at her surroundings.

She had a handful of aces, whilst Damaris had a handful of jokers.

“I care about a number of important factors in my life.” She said, ignoring her comments about lightning hexes and unifying. “Money. Fashion. My little sister being able to come to a school where only the worthy are allowed…” she broke off, before she let out a smile at the thought of Eagle. The little girl was the only person she would protect in the world – she would even consider betraying Idina if it came to protecting her.

“I feel that you need too…” she unwrapped her own arms and moved forward. She placed them on Damaris’ shoulders, before giving a shove. “…cool off.”

The lake water certainly would be a refreshing bath after such a hostile interaction.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.