Sign in to follow this  
River Wolfe

Eaglets in the Rafters (Ravenclaw Tour Stop #1)

River Wolfe

If there was one thing River was looking forward to, it was the sorting feast.  Patting his stomach, the Ravenclaw couldn’t even remember the last time he had ate that well, which River could agree that the rest of his summer spent in St Mungo's, their menu was nothing to compare with because everything else was better than what was provided to him.  Now ready for bed, not because of the food, but more or less from the train ride from Kings Cross to Hogsmeade was filled with emotional, to mental, and even physical exhaustion, the prefect rolled his eyes as he was reminded that he had to wrangle up the new first years.

“First Years to me!” 

He called outgrowing nervous by the second as every eye was on him.  Watching as the ickle stragglers finally made it to him as Aggie did as well, he looked to the girl with a small smile remembering their conversation earlier on the Hogwarts Express.

“Right.”  

Swinging his arms, so it seemed to make himself look busier, River spoke again but with projected voice.

“So we’re doing something a bit different this year, which, if you haven’t kept your cup, please take one provided by the house elf here.”

Gesturing to @Jubilee holding a brass tray, River waited for everyone to take one as he pulled Excalibur out of his holster.

“Right, so since you are all new to the school and haven’t met our Head of House, let me explain fast that Professor Ripley loves to win the house cup, which we as Ravenclaw have not lost since Aggie and I have been enrolled.”

Reaching into his Ravenclaw messenger bag pulling out about a dozen coin purses and handing a few to Aggie, the fifth year continued to explain.  

“We will be making a few stops tonight, so if you so happen to see something that can fit into the purse take it and place it inside, they’ve been charmed with an enlargement spell, so it's bigger on the inside.”

Awarding five points to one of the new ickle first years who understood his reference, River should have mentioned that what they take from said stops should be within reason, River swung his Ravenclaw messenger bag back around his shoulder and began to walk.

“Everyone follow me please.”

Edited by River Wolfe

Aggie Price

Oh no he wasn't going to start without her.  Making sure she had her wand and her 'new pal', Aggie hurried over to where River was making his announcement.  Well, at least he managed a smile.  She smiled in return before standing next to him so that they both faced the new first years.

"Welcome to Ravenclaw, everyone," Aggie greeted them as River continued with the next portion of the announcement. While a few of the new Ravenclaws took a cup from the tray, Aggie took some of the coin purses from River and began distributing them to the eaglets.  

"And we're not going to lose it as long as River and I are here," she interjected forcefully, hoping the new first years would get the strong hint to earn house points as much as possible.

"And now, we're off to the Forbidden Forest!"  Aggie told them as she and River began leading the way.  Yeah, they probably should have been more specific about what items the others should consider collecting for the cup.  

And sooner or later, someone would notice the word 'forbidden' in the name of the forest and wonder why.

Hello first year Ravenclaws! Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to follow us on a tour around the castle. Links to each stop on the tour shall be posted at the bottom of our roleplays, and you can interact with us and each other throughout the duration of this tour (feel free to tag us if you want a specific response to something!) These threads are meant to be fun and chill during sorting night so don’t think you have to write hundreds of words! Do what you feel like and we shall keep popping in!

NEXT LOCATION: THE FORBIDDEN FOREST

•  

Evander Braelin-VonHaus

“First Years to me!” 

Evander spun on his heel, narrowly dodging a spoonful of gravy-laden mashed potatoes. The first year adjusted his glasses and locked eyes on the source of the command, making a b-line for the older boy. The B-line then turned into a strange multi-letter line as he was jostled, elbowed, nearly stepped on, and been called Edward three times. "I'm not-- my name's-- that's my brother."

Merlin, this was quite the start. 

He finally made it to where he'd been called and gave another curt nod. "First year, reporting."  Because apparently getting sorted into Ravenclaw was the same as enlistment. Nerd.

He listened to the instructions, leaving a careful amount of space between himself and the first years that started to crowd around. "Is that... a bag of holding, then?" Nerd. Nerd nerd nerd. Don't care. 

Evander relieved a student from the nearest table of their goblet, ignoring their cries of descent. He was just following orders like a good good boy, and it was far easy to focus on that than his deep down denial and twinge of sadness that he would not be sharing a house with his twin sister, @Katherine Braelin-VonHaus

Edited by Evander Braelin-VonHaus

Box Tree

Box followed the voices calling him and the rest of the first year Ravenclaws. He didn't really listen to a lot of what the prefects told them. He really could not care less about the house cup. His interest perked up as they were all given tiny bags (that were bigger on the inside) to put stuff in. 

"Is there a reason we're stealing?" He asked, eyebrows raised. He didn't particularly want to call attention to himself on the night he was planning on running away. That being said, the pouch seemed like a useful acquisition. He could probably get supplies for him and @Pine Tree

He opted to leave the cup behind. 

Edited by Box Tree

Richard Stafford

He lined up in front of the two prefects when the first years were called, but he didn’t understand the point behind petty theft. Not that he’d say anything about it, and he’d definitely take whatever caught his fancy. but he just didn’t see the point.

Oh well, he was at a magical school now. Nothing really had to have a point.

Edited by Richard Stafford

Jubilee

Jubilee had watched the last few students being sorted from her little hiding place. She was so excited! She clapped for each and every student. It was then that she decided to go on and be a part of this lovely september night. 

"Yes please Sirs and Misses, plenty of goblets to go around." 

Jubilee held the tray up for them to reach. "Jubilee also has blue cookies. Full on blueberries and chocolate. Good for energy. Good for Ravenclaws. Try them, sirs and misses."

Evander Braelin-VonHaus

Evander's hand reached for the mention of cookies faster than his head could turn to find them. Cookies were exactly what he needed. Many. Lots. He grabbed another goblet and piled cookies into it. 

"Thank you, @Jubilee," he murmured sincerely through a mouthful of cookie, "you are my favourite house elf at Hogwarts." 

Jubilee

"Always a pleasure to serve Ravenclaws sir, and polite Ravenclaws such as yourself sir." @Evander Braelin-VonHaus "Anything you want sir just call me"  she added quickly with a little courtesy. 

Jack Dare

Jack hurriedly folded his napkin and left the table to join the prefect calling for first years. He started to get out his notebook to take notes, but stopped when told he needed to have a goblet for some reason and also a purse. Confused, Jack obediently followed the instructions, despite not understanding them. He assumed the prefects would explain as they went along. There was a reason they'd been made prefects.

He took goblet from the tray, and while he was not hungry after that feast he also took a cookie from the house elf for politeness' sake.

"Thank you very much," he said politely. He was accustomed to house elves since they sort of came with Berwick Hall the only home Jack had ever known, but at the same time he'd been told not to ever take advantage of them, as they were vulnerable.

Jack was trying to decide where to put the cookie as his hands were getting overly full, when the girl prefect said Forbidden Forest, as in Forbidden, the place their Head Mistress had just warned them about.

"Excuse me," Jack said nervously. "I say, excuse me," he repeated more loudly, because no one seemed to have heard him the first time. "You don't mean the Forbidden Forest. Head Mistress McGonagall just said--- If this is a test to see if we were listening, I was. It isn't allowed. It's against the rules."

Patrick Duffy

Things were moving quickly and Patrick felt as though he was in a daze, again he was moving. A bunch of first years (his housemates, the people he would be spending the next seven years with) surrounding him. His shoulder bumped into that of @Richard Stafford. "They want us to steal and go to a place that the Headmistress just said was against the rules?" Was this some sort of test? Patrick eyed the prefects skeptically but nevertheless he followed them. How else would he get to the common room? 

Mira Skydel

"What does my blood have to do with my house?" Mira thought to herself as she walked away from the chair. "Oh well, who cares, at least I got in!" she thought with excitement. "First years to me!" she heard an older boy shout, she turned to face the robed figure. At  first Mira was sceptical, a treasure hunt was the last thing she expected. She walked forward and took one of the purses from @River Wolfe , "Surely a blue box would be far more appropriate" she said to herself as she quickly walked back through the crowds. She held the small purse in her hands and studied it. She opened the clasp and looked inside. "Doesn't look bigger on the inside" she thought to herself. Mira then reached in and found her hand and then arm quickly disappearing as she reached further in. "No way" she said to herself with a small laugh. Mira then took her arm out and closed the purse again. 

Mira began looking through the crowds, she recognised @Annag Hamblton from their boat ride and offered her a smile. She then noticed another student, one she hadn't spoken to. Mira walked over to @Evander Braelin-VonHaus, she debated whether or not to introduce herself, but his sister had seemed nice enough. "Um hey, I'm Mira" she said, "I'm pretty sure I met your sister on the train" she said as the crowds started to move along.

Dante Agretera

Dante was nervous; the feast had been a feast but now there was more to the entire night than just going to sleep like he was used to. This was supposed to be a rite of passage, right? It was nothing like he was used to. His nervousness had yet to abate as he clustered with the other newly-minted Ravenclaws around the two prefects that were collecting them.

We were supposed to keep our cups?” Dante asked in a hurried whisper to @Marco Caldeira as he took the coin purse. His eyes widened at the reference and he mouthed the word TARDIS to himself as he looked at it then promptly attempted to put his entire arm into it.

There was a... strange creature, a @Jubilee apparently. When @Evander Braelin-VonHaus called them a house elf he remembered the conversation on the boat ride in and @Rivorn J. Moray saying that they weren't like Lord of the Rings Elves. He was fascinated, they were rather like some people described goblins, but nothing like the goblins that were real and in Gringotts.

Why is it called 'forbidden' if we can just go there?” He asked following in the curiosities of @Jack Dare and @Patrick Duffy.

Agatha Cowen

Agatha was drained. Physically (after a full day of travel and the rest of the events leading up to her sorting), and emotionally (after having to deal with leaving home to go to a school she did not particularly want to attend, then dealing with so many loud personalities along the way), the eleven year old was ready to call it a night. The sooner she slept, the sooner a new day would start, the sooner a new day would start the sooner she could attend classes and have something dedicated to do.

However, it seemed sleep was not in the cards. Not so quickly, at least. Sighing her malcontent, Agatha got up from the bench she had been sitting at and made her way towards the older boy calling for attention. Her interest piqued, her exhaustion quickly faded.

"Sounds like forbidden is more of a suggestion," Agatha quipped to her fellow first year @Dante Agretera. But whether the forest was forbidden or not didn't really matter to Agatha. She was far more interested in the gift they were given.

Raising her voice and giving a direct stare to @River Wolfe, she asked, "If it doesn't fit in the pocket purse--if the top is broken, will it make the opening wider and usable, or will it ruin the purse and enchantment overall?"

Edited by Agatha Cowen

Annag Hamblton

Annag had been so excited to first be a Ravenclaw and also that @Mira Skydel with whom she had rode the boat was also joining her at Ravenclaw! As she feared, they had gotten separated as they went into sorting, but now she saw Mira across the room and met her smile with her own. It popped into her head that though they had ridden across the lake together, she had learned only a bit here and there about the girl. Annag sighed.

She glanced around the room and recognized nary a sole. So she took a goblet and a blue cookie from the tray @Jubilee was carrying and gave a quick bow and a "Thank ye." Annag eyed the cookie with trepidation as the Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans had gone so horribly wrong on the boat ride.

Annag had no clue what was going on. Were they on a scavenger hunt or were they just flat out stealing? Didn't seem like a Ravenclaw thing to do. Oh wait! Perhaps they were collecting specimens for future study? Oh, yes. That must be it! She suddenly got very excited about the prospect.

Evander Braelin-VonHaus

Swallowing a mouthful of cookie, Evander smiled at @Mira Skydel. He wiped his hand off and offered it to the girl formally, "I'm Evander. Guess we're housemates now!" He took another bite, chewed, and swallowed before nodding, "mm, yeah Kate is here, too. She got Hufflepuff, though."

Ev finished another cookie.
They were really good cookies.

Hunter Sanders-Banagher

Hunter stayed towards the back of the pack, mostly because he was feeling too apprehensive to be in the center or near the front. If he stayed in the back, then no one would notice him right? He could just blend into the background. He watched his brother @Heath Sanders-Banagher join his new house, Hufflepuff, before spotting @Julian Banagher running off with the Slytherins. At least I'm far away from Julian, I guess he thought to himself, finally able to find a stroke of luck.

Every cloud had its silver lining.

"Thank you for the cookie," Hunter smiled at @Jubilee, grateful for the snack. He wasn't hungry, but he was never one to pass up a snack. Still, the group was moving on and, for some reason, it looked like they were headed outside...?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.