Sign in to follow this  
Addison Toft

Now's your moment, floating in a blue lagoon

Addison Toft

It was the most beautiful of sunsets, with the sun painting the sky with the perfect watercolor blend of blues, purples, oranges and pinks against a canvas of cloud that stretched on to the horizon. The air was warm but not stifling, and along the lake, the music of buzzing dragonflies and early cicadas provided a restful backdrop to what was sure to be an ideal setting for romance - which was why Addison was here, with a quilted 400-thread count body pillow, as a test run for how she could ask @Silas Harding-Clarke out on a date. She had several options in mind, so she was going to try each one, and see which one felt the best.

Walking along the shoreline towards the docks, Addison measured her paces to emulate the speed at which they'd be walking in real life, all while mumbling things like, "It's really nice out today, isn't it?" and "Reminds me of that time we met up at the park, after work," and "Remember when Sableplume dumped us in the lake?". She shook her head - that last one was stupid, so she scratched it from her list of potential topics of conversation.

A small rowboat, poorly aged over time, bobbed gently along the docks. "Wow, I've never seen this boat here before," she said to her pillow, in mock surprise. "Maybe we should try it out?"

Gingerly boarding the boat, she set the pillow down opposite to her, freed the craft from its mooring, and picked up the oars. She didn't know if she would actually be the one rowing, but seeing as pillows could not row, she would have to do it, in this instance.

Addison began rowing out into the lake, staying close to the shore in case the boat capsized.

OOC dared by Kae ♥ This takes place about a week into the term

Silas Harding-Clarke

Up in the library, Silas paused in listening to @Jake Morent's endless babble about how dangerous the TriWizard Tournament was and the itemized list of deaths, ranked from least to most gruesome, to look out the window. His eye was immediately drawn to a small boat, probably one of the many that ferried First Years to the castle each Sorting, that was spinning in a circle. Either the person rowing it was not very good or its self-propelling charm had gone haywire.

"Do you see that?" he asked @Grace Foster. "Is that someone out there with a sack of potatoes?" he squinted. "Or is it like, a prisoner with a sack over his head?"

Grace Foster

Grace was getting a bit tired of Jake's constant nay-saying. Most of those deaths were AGES ago, and you really couldn't count Cedric Diggory since he wasn't killed by the task itself. 

"Death eater deaths don't count, Jake!" she'd said impatiently. "You could get killed by a death eater anywhere." It hadn't seemed to reassure Jake at the time.

When Silas spoke she was happy for the distraction and rose immediately look. "It would have to be a tiny prisoner," Grace said logically. "House-elf maybe?"

She watched for a moment. "No movement. Whatever it is I think it's dead. Or, you know, not alive in the first place." She gave Silas a look raising her eyebrows playfully. "Maybe it's stuffed with secrets."

Jake Morent

"And...And then in 1682....they had to go into a Manticore lair...come back with one of its mane hairs. I mean do ya know what a manticore can do to a person?" Jake said queasily, looking down at the book. "'Cause there's pictures." 

Silas didn't seem interested in looking though, or really at listening at all. Sighing and taking a break from flipping through the pages of 'Triwizard Tournament: a Glorious and Disastrous History' Jake came over to see what they were looking at. He looked out the window, and saw a boat drifting along but while one of the occupants was clearly human the other one was…well…not. 

“Here, I got this. Immotus verto!” Jake cast, turning his ink pot into a pair of binoculars. "Let's see...."

“Okay so…that’s uh…oh that’s Addison! And she’s got some kind of….Huh….” Jake squinted, trying to make sense of what he was looking at. “I think maybe it’s some kind of giant marshmallow or something, and…hm…well she looks really hungry to eat it...” 

Kaelyn Paddock

Meanwhile Kaelyn was up in her dormitory getting ready to mirror Zach.  But first things first, just where was that long body pillow of hers that she liked to cradle with and pretend was Zach pressed up against her whenever she was talking to him?!  She couldn't talk to him without it!  It would make the whole long distance thing feel even more long and distance-y. </3

Edited by Kaelyn Paddock

Alvis Anderson

The plucky young first year lion was reading a book about duelling when a few seventh years began to talk about someone in a row boat with something soft and squishy! He wondered over to them and tried to look out the window to,

''Howdy doodly do! I'm Alvis! Did you just say Addison is in a boat with a giant marshmallow?'' he tried to look but she was to far away and he looked at Jake, ''Can I have a look me boy?''

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.