Sign in to follow this  
Professor Santiago

A Pirate's Life Is The Life For Me!

Professor Santiago

⚔️Swashbuckling Slytherin Snakes (S.S.S.)⚔️

Mateo had somehow been tapped to help led a Slytherin activity. The man was confused as to why he would be selected when he just joined the staff, but he wondered if this was some sort of initiation. Shrugging, he decided to do something a bit more fun. While he no longer had a ship, that didn't mean he didn't have treasures. Tossing out a few pirate's hat and plastic swords (no real swords here :angry:), Mateo grabbed everyone's attention. "Today, we will be testing out your skills as a pirate. I want to hear you all talk like a pirate, dance like a pirate, drink be merry like a pirate, and ultimately duel like a pirate! The winner will win some prizes from this treasure chest here." With that, Mateo gave the chest a light kick. Of course this was a fake chest, as his real chest was hidden away in his office.

"Ready? Let's begin. Challenge #1 is talk like a pirate!"

Captain: Professor Santiago

First Mate: Idina Iordanau
Second Mate: Dove Lightwood

The rules of the game is simple. Professor Santiago or a Slytherin Prefect will post a challenge. You are encouraged to write a 50 word RP along with completing the challenge (either complete it ICly or OOCly, up to you!) You will then have to complete the challenge for a chance to win the prize outlined. We'll post in the #slytherwin channel when the next challenge is up (it might be in five minutes, it might be in ten!). Ready? Let's have fun!

Challenge #1

Reward: A shiny gold, rare dubloon, currently valued at 50 galleons!

Challenge: Write a haiku about your "love" for @Irene Redgrave

Atlas Wyrmwort

"ARGGG ME MATEY. WHY ARG YOU ARG NOT ARG USING ARG REAL ARG SWORDS?" Atlas wanted to know, adding his best pirate args that he could as he narrowed his eyes at the professor. "I coulda arg stole arg you arg some arg from arg the arg aztelum arg supplies arg closet!" Atlas told the man.

Seeley Pichardo

Seeley just had a fondness for boats and since Irene had been at her families marina this summer she guessed she could express some fondness for @Irene Redgrave too... just for keeping her families business alive.  

Favorite Seventh

She likes thunderstorms, lightning

Reign champion of rain

Maggie mac Ruaidhri

This was certainly...something. Maggie couldn't help but wonder where Hogwarts found these people. "Arr!" she said in agreement with Atlas.

No one is sweeter

And though she is not here still

Irish forever

Professor Santiago

"Pirates don't only say arg Mister Wyrmwort. Try some other angry grunting noises." Yeah, Mateo would never trust @Atlas Wyrmwort with an actual sword.

Atlas Wyrmwort

"UMPH. GRRR. ARRGGGG. RAAWWRRRR. NNNRRRRRRRRRR."

For anyone walking by without context... Well, good luck to them.

Bitsy Pollen

There used to be pirates in Cornwall. There had been tales, growing up, of seafaring smugglers hitched to its coves, sheltering themselves and their pilfered treasures in caverns along the white coast—where the small fishing villages, isolated from the luxuries and decadence of London—had thrived, too, off their contraband: the marketplace, hidden, underground, sweetly and sickeningly rising into prominence.

At the age of seven, Bitsy had once wanted…

“Ar?” she said. Beatrice went bright red. Wanting to be a pirate growing up had been a child’s game, after all. It had been a mistake (her chest burned); but, if she could indulge in some sort of fantasy here, for the chance at prestige—it was a House activity, after all—then maybe…

“ARR.” Bitsy said, too loudly. (Resolved to the task, the red of her face, however, did not lessen.)

+ for @Irene Redgrave

Someone with the strength 
To live in quiet spaces
More stunning than words

x (mi amor ~) 

Idina Iordanau

ARRR!!! Idina was an awesome pirate, please. She wore a pirate hat and carried a wooden cutlass at her side. No parrots, unfortunately. After the incident with the school owl when she had gotten her first letter, nobody let her have birds anymore. Sadness.

But she was being helpful to the new professor! That was something at least! "Alright, sailors, good job on the last challenge. Your next challenge is to defend our fearless leader of Slytherin house, but do it like a pirate would."

Challenge #2

Reward: A magically enhanced wooden sword that does some cool stuff!

Challenge: List five reasons @Professor Wollice is the best Head of House

Avery Potter

“But Professor Wollice isn’t my head of house!” Avery said as she heard the Slytherin prefect speak. She wanted to take part in all the fun piratey events. She wanted to win an awesome sounding sword, no one in her family had ever let her have one. “Can I cross my fingers?”

1. She teaches everyone maths. Arthimancy is maths... isn't it?

2. Powerful witches in power are cool

3. Green? Green is nice.

4. Does she like glitter?

5. I like glitter

Damaris Denton

Damaris was less interested in talking like a pirate than she was in the plastic swords that they were allowed to have. She wondered if they worked like wands. She started waving her sword around to see if she could make anything happen by doing so. "None of you are making any bloody sense," she said, shaking her head. 

1. She knows math.

2. She was chill about that one time I dunked her in a dunk tank.

3. She doesn't resent me for being related to someone evil.

4. She roots for us in our Quidditch games.

5. She lets us race snakes.

Ollie Celeste

Ollie showed up five minutes late with a Starbucks.

“Wha''s goin' on here then?” She asked as she spotted a group of students and a certain pirate by the lakefront. “Me head o' ship ain't Wollice, I could maybe list why Ripley be th' best? First o' all, he supports me potion brewin' t' th' point he wants me t' hijack th' champions-” uh oh she shouldn’t have said that.   

REASONS WOLLICE IS THE BEST

1) Celebrates Pi with pie

2) Arithmancy is actually cool even though maths sucks

3) Gave me spells to make maths suck less

4) Pie

5) Has great cheekbones

Maggie mac Ruaidhri

Seeing Bitsy's reddened face, Maggie hurried over. "Come on, don't be embarrassed! This is for our fearless leader!" She raised a hand as if she were holding a sword (and wow wouldn't it be great if she could get her hands on one of those?). "Arr! For Professor Wollice!"

Professor Wollice, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

1. You're head of Slytherin House, the most awesome of all houses (true story, bro)

2. You teach one of the most challenging of subjects, Arithmancy, LIKE A BOSS

3. Clearly there has been no greater Head of Slytherin

4. I mean, if I had to choose between you and Snape or Slughorn, you'd be the winner every time

5. You're simply the best. Next question.

Irene Redgrave

There was a bunch of pirate stuff invading her common room. Irene would have grumbled but she spotted Professor Santiago sifting through things and pushed aside a sword.

Irene really liked sharp objects....

1. Her class is so reWARDing (see what I did there)

2. Her house is the best

3. Her hair is so sleek and soft looking, I want her sekrits

4. She looks like a fairytale emerging from her dunktank

5. She gave me TOY once (even if I had to share it with Gary Youdle)

Seeley Pichardo

Seeley had to prove she had an upper had here.  She'd been on boats her whole life too... that had to count for something.  Sea legs were a thing, right?  "How ARRRRREEEEE we supposed to defend with no weapons?"  was the pirate speak still something that was happening here?  *shrug* 

1. Because she is a slytherin.

2.Because she is not a gryffindor. 

3. Because she looks good in green? 

4. Still a snek.  

5. Could rock an (P)i patch. 

Edited by Seeley Pichardo

Magda Trickett

There were things that were being given out, and Magda wanted the things. They were even things she did not have to take! As much as Magda LIKED taking things, she also liked being given things, too. Like, if suckers wanted to donate their things to her all willy nilly, they did not deserve them. Especially not if their things were were swords.

Magda could not spell well enough to write out her list—she also did not know who Professor Wollice was, which was just as much of an issue, but oh well—so instead she screamed her answers very loudly, for all to hear. This is what Magda imagined pirates would do, other than take all the things.

“PROFESSOR WOLLICE IS A PART OF A HOUSE WHO GIVES ME THINGS. I LIKE THINGS. MY FRIENDS ARE IN HER HOUSE. I LIKE MY FRIENDS. I LIKE MY FRIENDS WHEN THEY GIVE ME THINGS.”

That was totally five. Nailed it.

Even if she did not win the prize, Magda had already determined (once away from Bitsy’s ever-present gaze) to take the treasure chest for herself.

Thiiiiings.

Professor Santiago

It was slowly descending into madness. "No, Miss Celeste, pirates do not just omit vowels." That was not a thing and Mateo was not sure where @Ollie Celeste got that idea. Though now he had another point to work through from @Seeley Pichardo. "Defend yourself? Well, you should always be on the offense. If you need to defend yourself you're doing it wrong." A pirate didn't have a shield.

Dove Lightwood

How on earth did Dove Lightwood end up in this situation?

The only reason she had agreed was because her pirate outfit was pretty darn amazing. She had spent all night trying to come up with it, so was it any surprise that she wanted to know what the others would wear? She needed to ensure that they were all worthy enough to be considered pirates in training. "Alright dweebs..." Dove said as she got their attention. "I want to know your best pirate outfit. Anyone who says they do not care will be lightning hexed. Appearance if everything even if you are a pirate."

Challenge #3

Reward: An Alive (Stuffed) Parrot

Challenge: Describe/Link your perfect pirate outfit!

Ollie Celeste

"Pirates don't 'ave time fer vowels," Ollie told Santiago, because out of the two of them she was obviously the expert. "They be too busy drawin' blood from thar enemies 'n pilferin' doubloons from th' rich!" Or was that last part Robin Hood? She felt pirates didn't really care about the status of who they stole from. 

Here is Ollie's perfect pirate outfit. Choreography included.

Maggie mac Ruaidhri

What was her best pirate outfit? At the moment, Maggie could only think about the clothes she'd seen in muggle movies. But Jack Sparrow didn't seem like the best of inspirations; she didn't think Dove would approve of modelling oneself after him.

OOC: Pirate inspiration, courtesy of pinterest (if you need a proper link, lemme know

Molly Stone

Molly was the best pirate. She was getting real into the part too with her echoes of "ARRRRR!" and her spastic waving of her hooked hands (she'd somehow gotten two hooks to attach to her hands, which were extremely dangerous and she should not be in possession of these). She was a firm believer in the philosophy that no one ought to half-arse anything, and so she'd arrived to the place decked out in her pirate gear. Unfortunately, this gear was nothing compared to the best pirate outfit she'd ever seen, but how could she compare to a dog?

"Ayyyy matey," she saluted Ollie, holding up a sharp hook.

THE BEST PIRATE. THE BEST BOY.

Dorjee Shire Sherpa

Dorjee wanted a parrot!! "ARR, I AM A P-P-PIRATE DON'T YOU SEE! ON-B-B-BOARD A SHIP IS THE LIFE FOR M-ME." This was an impressively long string of words for the Sherpa boy. He burst into the event by the lake in a full on pirate costume that he had for some strange, inexplicable reason. the coat was a bit long, but that was okay with him. HE WAS A PIRATE!

Professor Santiago

Mateo appreciated all the hard work his first and second mates, @Idina Iordanau and @Dove Lightwood, were putting in. His eyes had caught them as two of the few students who looked like they had good potential to become pirates. Perhaps one day he thought. Though, probably not on his ship since he had some seriously dangerous adventures.

"No Miss Celeste...drawing blood? What stories have you heard?" Mateo questioned @Ollie Celeste before turning to a few of the younger students. "I agree Miss Tricket, I like my friends when they give me stuff too." @Magda Trickett had some potential to be a good pirate one day too. "Alright, every pirate has enemies. If you don't have an enemy, you're not a pirate. I want to hear your scariest threat for your enemy--NO CURSING MISS CELESTE!" Mateo had to stop that one before it began, he was sure.

"Here's an example. @Professor Althaus my crew will not only burn down your ship, but also steal all of your dinosaurs!" That was pretty fun.

Challenge #4
Reward: A ticket for a boat ride. Who's boat? You'll know one day! :ph34r:
Challenge: Say a scary threat to your enemy in pirate speak. Feel free to @ them too :D 

Avery Potter

"B-b-b-ut I don't not like anyone." Avery said to @Professor Santiago. "Making threats is not very nice!"

Ollie Celeste

What stories had she heard?

“Well I know about Anne Bonny 'n Mary Read who disguised themselves as men 'n when they scuttled scallywags, they flashed them t' show they were wenches.” Ollie said, hoping her expertise in pirate lore would gain her a role on Santiago’s future fleet. “And- wait. I've never cursed in me life.” Ollie lied, “I don’t even know what a swear is.” Throwback to last night when she had said flacking hell more then twenty seven times.

"Oi! @Juan Garcia! Shut yer mouth or I'll kick yer teeth down yer throat 'n shut it fer ye!"

Ollie Celeste

Juan had been the first enemy to come to mind, but there was another Slytherin boy she hated equally. So she turned on @Dax Gordon too. “I shall smash yer face into th' windshield o' th' ford anglia in th' forest, then take yer mother out fer a nice bit o’ grub at Puddifoot's 'n then never owl her again!” Boom. Take that. Would she get away with insulting Professor Bourdelle too if she did it in pirate speak and pointed out it was a professor assigned task?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.