Sign in to follow this  
Headmistress McGonagall

The Sorting Feast

Clayton Stagg

Oh God. Juan fanboyed. Clayton's brow rose as the boy declared his love in front of McGonagall. A surge of jealousy sped through Clayton as he realized Juan had never declared his love for him yet.

"C'mon now. She's not all that great. You know how stories are exaggerated." Clayton said as he attempted to make sure he could look good in comparison to the woman.

Edited by Clayton Stagg

Juan Garcia

Juan turned, the most incredulous look on his face. Was Clayton really trying to discredit a renowned professor, legendary war hero, AND member of the Order of the Phoenix? He glared at his boyfriend. Was Clayton truly so ignorant as to think this woman wasn't worthy of their attention and respect?

"Stories are exaggerated, yeah. But not textbooks," he countered, completely sure that none of history in his books had been altered, "It's HISTORY. You could even ask her how things were when Hogwarts was torn down. She was here for that. She was here as a student. She knows what its history actually WAS like."

Juan frowned, looking away from Clayton, "I didn't realise you were that much of an idiot." He picked himself up and walked over to sit next to @Damaris Denton.

Xenia Lupu-Haidei

Xenia didn't know who this old woman was, but she did know that she was causing everyone to shout about the cancellation of something called quidditch.

Xe smirked. She liked this old lady.

Ryan Alterton

Ryan's hands were practically numb from all of the clapping she'd done. Her eyes gleamed with the excitement of a new year. She'd be able to go to Hogsmeade, and continue dueling, and start new classes. Of course, she had core classes she had to retake, but that could be thought about later. Right now, her eyes were wide as saucers, as they had been since the moment she spotted Minerva McGonagall. And she was their Headmistress for the year? Ry was more than a little starstruck because, of course, she knew as much as she could about the woman who had been at Hogwarts during the Second War. Merlin, she'd even fought in the beginning against Voldemort and his Death Eaters. 

And she was their Headmistress?

Rad.

And there was going to be a Triwizard Tournament? And no Quidditch? This year was going to be the best! Ryan had heard all about the Triwizard Tournament that had gone on when James was in school, but now she was going to experience one for herself! Of course, she was much too young to participate (even if she hadn't been, she wouldn't have put her name in for champion), but the excitement was too palpable. This was all so much!

Shaking her head a little, Ry began to dig into her food, waving a little to other House tables. Seeing the familiar face of @Ethan Smith, she called out, "Ethan, I'm so happy you made prefect!" and then spotted @Alyssa Hoofer. "Oh, hi, Alyssa! How was your summer?"

Alyssa Hoofer

"It was great," Alyssa told Ryan happily. "I was the official babysitter this summer fpr my brothers and sister. Mum and dad decided I was old enough so I earned some money. It was fun and we went to Florida for a week. How was your summer?"

Yes, she was definitely happy to be back at Hogwarts. She wouldn't have seen her friends again if she'd stayed at Hogwarts.

Ryan Alterton

"It was brilliant," Ryan gushed, helping herself to a buttery-looking biscuit. "I mostly stayed at home and spent time with my four brothers. James, the oldest, took some time off of work and we went camping for a week. It was a lot of fun. I'm happy to be back, though!" 

It was then that Ryan spotted @Panda. "Hello, Panda. It's so nice to see you again, too," the Third Year greeted, while handing a couple of pieces of honeyed ham out for the bird to snack on. "Did you have a pleasant summer, too?" Ryan chuckled at her joke and patted the owl gently on the head.

Dove Lightwood

Joy. First year. Dove sighed as she started to scoop food onto her plate. 

"See any decent ickles yet, @Idina Iordanau?"

Killian Dracel

Killian glanced over at @Juan Garcia, now sitting on the other side of Damaris. "Sup?" he said with a nod. "Crayon piss you off?" he indicated @Clayton Stagg with the small gesture of his hand.

Damaris Denton

She lifted her head to see that Juan had come to sit next to her. “Hi Juan,” she smiled. “So, what do you think of the Sorting so far?” 

She needed to think of something better to say. “The Headmistress really is a living legend.” She still wasn’t super clear on who she was, and thought she was super old, but maybe it would make Juan feel better?

Panda

SUCCESS! And salty meat was one of the very best kinds of people fud. The tubby owl waddled over to @Ryan Alterton and gobbled up the morsels without delay. He preened her sleeve happily, making cooing noises and fluffing his feathers. 

Killian Dracel

"Oi, you're just stealing words out of my mouth now, aren't you?" he asked @Damaris Denton, but was smirking all the while.

Juan Garcia

“He did,” Juan said, sliding into the seat, “He doesn’t appreciate…” Damaris was right. Living legend. Ugh. Why didn’t Clayton see that? His head was so far up his own arse he wouldn’t know legends if they slapped him across the face.

“Sorting’s fine. But yeah, she’s… amazing,” Juan breathed, looking up at Killian, “And I’m assuming you’re also aware that she’s a war hero? Or else I can go sit with the nerdy Ravenclaws because I’m sure they at least know how to appreciate historical figures that haven’t yet died.”

What was up with him? Why was he so on edge?!

And then Killian responded with the same thing, essentially. Juan took a deep breath, "Nice to be surrounded by LIKE-MINDED PEOPLE!" He yelled the last three words in Clayton's direction.

Clayton Stagg

Clayton got up and marched after Juan. "C'mon Garcia! It's not like that!" He waved his hand at @Damaris Denton. "Move over. I'm sitting next to my fiance." He declared.

Killian Dracel

Killian siddled closer to Damaris as Crayon came to join them. He sure as hell wasn't going to move. "M.C.G. is bloody amazing," Killian responded to Juan. "I've researched her like crazy. I wish she was a Slytherin, of course, but, not all Gryffindors are bad. Just tossers like Kennedy, over there."

Edited by Killian Dracel

Willa Mercier

Willa felt comforted by the hat's kind words and relieved and with an excited smile on her face made her way to the Ravenclaw table. She received encouraging smiles, nods and cheers as she made her way to an empty spot. Her friend @Stephanie Eckland had also been placed in Ravenclaw and Willa was relieved that she would know at least one person. 

She was hoping there would be a seat next to Steph but the seats around her had already been taken. Choosing one as close as possible to her friend she turned to her unknown neighbours. "Hi everyone, I'm Willa!"

Clayton Stagg

"I didn't say she was bad! I just said the stories are probably exaggerated!" Clayton said as he tried to twist his words to his favour. "Of course she's brilliant."

Now Juan HAD to forgive him.

Atlas Wyrmwort

"EW WHO LET A CURSED MUMMY TAKE OVER THE SCHOOL!?!?!" Atlas shrieked from the front of the Slytherin table. He quickly got up from his seat and ran towards the back of the Slytherin table to get away from the old lady standing up front.

Killian Dracel

"Oi! Show some respect!" Killian snapped at @Atlas Wyrmwort. "She's a bloody war hero!"

Damaris Denton

Okay, that might have been exactly what Killian had said, but she didn’t exactly know much else. Maybe she could consider picking up a history textbook.

She was nodding along to Juan’s description of McGonnagal when Clayton said something about Juan being his...fiancé? “Hold up, since when is Juan about to get married?”

Hatty Hambeldon

The conversation about Headmistress McGonagall was getting heated. Hatty knew who she was but she was not going to get involved in this. Though she did think she was pretty awesome.

Killian Dracel

"I was more thinking, 'since when is Juan into blokes?'" he whispered in Damaris's ear. "Should I be worried he might find me attractive?"

Clayton Stagg

Clayton's glare reached Killian, the whispering bloke. Obviously he said something about Clayton. Probably about how they didn't belong. About how Clayton didn't belong. "Yes we're together. So get used to it. Move over and let me sit now." He stated towards Damaris once more. "Juan, there's no reason for this childish squabble we ought to be enjoying the feast with one another. I hadn't seen much of you yet. I missed you."

Clayton didn't know how else he could earn a seat among the lot.

"I'm sorry."

Ryan Alterton

Ryan's head swiveled around, as she heard raised voices and some arguing coming from the Slytherin table. She spotted Killian, Damaris, and that one boy who had been at the Hogwarts Club Fair. An outrageously offensive insult came from @Atlas Wyrmwort and Ryan's mouth dropped open. "That is not very nice! Headmistress McGonagall deserves your respect!" she shouted, whilst stroking Panda's feathers.

Killian Dracel

"Yeah, Dam. Move over so they can sit together," he said, tugging on Damaris's arm so she could put some distance between her and Juan. HAH.

The hat’s declaration echoed through Rad’s little head. Slytherin. Not Hufflepuff. Not the weak house. @Lester Roachhad no ammunition to use on him now, thank the lord. But as Rad wandered away from the hat, down into the belly of the great Great Hall, he remembered in a panic: Lester! The jerk still needed to be sorted, didn’t he? And his last name was way near the back… Rad would have to sit and pray for quite some time that Mr. Roach wouldn’t follow him to the land of the green.

Luckily, @Ryszard Althaus-Valerio was one of the very first sorted. Desperately glad for a friendly face, Rad immediately squeezed himself in between the other boy and an older student. Now in his Hogwarts robe, the pretentiously preppy aura had been stripped off of Ryszard, and for the first time Rad felt completely on his level. They were both Slytherin. They would deal with this all together. Or, at the very least, Rad would clutch hopelessly to the tails of Ry’s robes and be pulled along.

“Hey,” he whispered breathlessly as he took his seat. “I hope Xenia gets Slytherin, too. Then we can see her cats all the time.” Rad also wouldn’t have minded seeing Xenia all the time as well, but felines took priority over females.

Rad fidgeted anxiously in his seat as the list of names was slowly thinned out, the P’s (hey, was that girl’s last name Potter? Hadn’t Les said something about a Potter as they were walking in? The train ride already seemed like days ago), the Q’s, and then the R’s. And then at last, “Roach, Lester” was summoned to the front of the room. The wait for Lester to notice his name had been called, saunter up to the stool, sit down, and then for the hat to actually decide where the boy belonged felt like it lasted an eon. The word that the ratty fabric finally blasted to the room made Rad’s heart falter.

It turned out his pairing with Lester Roach wouldn’t just last the length of a train ride. Rad was in it for the long haul.

Edited by Guest

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.