Sign in to follow this  
Jenna James

Darwinian Leap Frog

Jenna James

Darwinian Leap Frog

Once upon a time Professor James was young and beautiful. Now she was old and fat. Ok not fat - there were charms for that, but definitely... waddling. Slightly. Maybe. She was also severely hormonal. Professor Althaus was no where to be found - because he was smarter than he looked. 

She could not be bothered to climb to towers or participate in parkour - though lbr that would have been her favorite, back her in day they just called it agility and not getting caught for jelly-leg-jinxing students at the top of staircases... but parkour was shorter. 

"Okay - listen up. Your goal should you choose to attempt it - is to cross this portion of the Lake using only the lily pads provided." There were giant green floating platforms all across the lake. Every once in awhile one would shift as if a small wave hit it. 

Only the waves were accompanied by a tall, sharp fin. 

"You can use any means necessary to defeat the other students trying to race across, you cannot use magic ON the actual lily pads, they are immune. READY? STEADY? -oh yeah there are sharks in the lake too right now, enjoy - GO!" Sparks flew out of Jenna's wand and she turned to conjure herself a chair. 

In her delicate condition she needed to rest, put her feet up. A student who was not competing in the competition was drafted as her foot stool. 

-------------------------------------------

Leap onto a lily pad and battle each other, or straight up try to leap across the lake. I don't care what you do, I'm not the boss of you.

Olwen Hier

At the sparks, Olwen bounded towards the lilypads while watching for any dangers because this was Professor James after all. This was what she was BORN to do. 

Lindy Rose

Claiming footstool status

Confused didn't even begin to cover how Lindy felt about what was happening. The class list was all sorts of different and Lindy was a bit pouty about it. She had been very excited about taking Muggle Studies and hoping to get a lesson on baking, but instead there was ... leap frog? 

Lindy had played leap frog as a child, sure, but there was something ... unsafe feeling about the lily pads that Professor James had instructed them to cross. "Professor, if I share my cupcakes, could I sit out of the competition?" she asked, trying not to glance at the woman's protruding belly. Lindy was vaguely aware that the professor was in a proper relationship with one of the other professors, but she didn't realize having children without being properly married was such a common theme.

She really should have been less surprised.

Lindy accepted Professor James' boots on her as she sat in front of the woman, petting Arturo in her lap and using him to deliver cupcakes to Professor James.

Killian Dracel

Leaping across the lake? YES PLEASE! Killian pumped himself up, shifting from foot to foot. When they were given the green light, he jumped onto the first lilypad, and shoved @Olwen Hier, because he wasn't going to lose to some Gryffindor.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.