Sign in to follow this  
John Lupin

I got vertigo, no, I can’t see straight

John Lupin

John paced back and forth in front of Reid and Kirk, wringing his hands. He had on his most serious face, and he wasn't even faking it. He wrung his hands so much he was surprised that sweat didn't come dripping out of them. 

Reid F. Lawson

Hands shoved in his back pockets, Reid loomed over John in his curiosity. He chanced a glance at his boyfriend. Back to John. "Okie, out with it."

Kirk Lawson

Kirk narrowed his eyes. This whole thing was ominous. Was John finally going to admit that his plants ate people? Or some other dark secret? It was entirely possible. No one sweated that much unless they had Quidditch practice with him or were terribly, terribly guilty. 

It was probably about the plants. He was glad he brought his wand.

John Lupin

John stopped. Sighed. Cracked his knuckles.

"I have you tell you something," he said, stalling. He felt like he was about to throw up.

Reid F. Lawson

"Omigod," Reid breathed, rocking back on his heels. His eyes widened and he stared, riveted, at John. "Johnny-boy, who did ye off? Ye kin th'sayin' - 'friends help ye move,'" he quoted, Rs rolling up a hill. "'Best friends help ye move bodies.'"

Kirk Lawson

That was never a good phrase. Kirk's eyes narrowed to a squint.

He then shot an incredulous look at Reid, because no, friends did not. Kirk was not getting put away for John's plant murder, especially when he was fairly sure he was supposed to have been a victim up until he befriended John. Worse still, Reid would be terrible at hiding a body. "Don't be an idiot. You're about as subtle as a train." 

Kirk looked back to John, crossing his arms. "Neither of us are lawyers and we can get called to testify against you. You should find a lawyer if you actually kill someone and tell them, not us." 

John Lupin

John frowned and shook his head, blinking at Kirk and Reid.

"Lawyers--bodies--? I haven't killed anyone. I've just--" Honestly, he was too distracted and nervous to even focus on the friends thought that he was a murderer. "I just feel like you're going to be disappointed in me when I tell you."

He took a deep breath, and whispered:

"It's about my sexuality."

Reid F. Lawson

What was bigger than bodies?

Reid had been just about to ask, when John said it. Or, well, led into it. In a whisper. Reid stopped rocking back and forth. Oh.

"Ah, Johnny-boy!" he exclaimed, and threw a massive arm around the other boy. "We'll luv ya no matter wha, eh, Kirky?"

Kirk Lawson

Kirk did not uncross his arms. If anything, he looked unsatisfied with this response. The mystery of the plants continued. 

"I'm already disappointed we're having this conversation when I could be at quidditch practice," Kirk replied instead as Reid dropped an arm around his shoulders.  

John Lupin

"OKAY I CAN'T HOLD IT IN ANYMORE," John burst, tortured, overlapping the tail end of Kirk's pouting. "Kirk, Reid, I think I'm--"

John took another deep breath and closed his eyes tightly.

"I think I'm straight."

Reid F. Lawson

"Kirky, tha's nae---" Reid started, adding yet another layer to the all-in-one-go conversation. Picking out John's words, Reid turned sharply back to their friend and waited unblinkingly. 

Silence reigned for another moment or two.

Reid clapped his hands over his mouth.

"Tha's great!" he whisper-yelled. Then he deflated. "But why'd ye think we'd nae be happy fer ye?"

Kirk Lawson

Kirk looked at John. Kirk looked at Reid. He looked at the sky. He wondered, briefly, what his life had become, that he had an idiot for a boyfriend and an idiot for a best friend, and if it was too late to transfer schools. 

It probably was. 

"Congrats," Kirk said dryly. 

John Lupin

John uncovered his eyes.

He couldn't tell whether Reid was genuinely happy or not, what with his hand clasped over his mouth and his eyes wide like a chipmunk's. Kirk looked . . . like Kirk. Like his brand-new prefect badge was stabbing his chest and he was viciously ignoring the subsequent blood. 

"I just thought--" John tried, desperate as always for approval, "--it's not that, I just--I'm confused, I thought I was at least bi, and now I'm a traitor--"

Even as he said it out loud it didn't make any sense to him. Why had this made more sense inside his head than outside his mouth?

Reid F. Lawson

"'Congrats, Kirky?'" Reid replied, aghast. "Tha's all ye have to say? Our Johnny-boy's pourin' his heart out ter us!" To John, Reid flapped a soothing hand and gave him one of his sunny grins. "Yer nae a traitor, boy-o - why'd ye say somethin' so ridiculous?"

Kirk Lawson

"This is the stupidest conversation I've ever had," Kirk said, because it was true. 

John Lupin

Boy-o? Was Reid part-Irish, too? 

John felt a little better after Reid's nonchalance and Kirk's complete indifference. John smiled, slowly.

"Okay, well, er, you know now, I guess. Please don't tell anyone. I'm not ready to come out to everyone else yet. I haven't even told Inara yet."

Kirk Lawson

"..." Should Kirk ask who Inara was? He considered it, briefly, then dismissed it altogether, as he did not care. 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.