» the gryffindors

NAME ► info

Edited by Simon Reed

Simon Reed

page three 

MvJasZD.png 1nylWw7.png

before hogwarts

» roleplays

TRYING TO SEE THROUGH THIS RAIN COMING DOWN Simon Reed, Hazel Wheeler, Julian Pritchard

Simon remembered how a few minutes prior he had been alone, and wanting for company. Well this was his chance. Both classmates seemed well acquainted and fairly nice, especially Hazel. She was still kneeling beside him, although now her attention was on Julian who stood about a yard away. Feeling the heat from his face fade away, he allowed himself to sit up and take a good look at the pair. She had nice hair, freckles on the bridge of her nose, and was well dressed. PLUS, she was forgiving. Not many people would have forgiven Simon for sneezing on them. 

I DON'T MAKE FRIENDS I MAKE MINIONS Simon Reed, Atlas Wyrmwort, Rocket Jung, Riddik Rhomulus,

"Oh dear Merlin.... " he uttered as he laid his eyes on the most colorful underwear in the world. As instinct his hand slowly covered his mouth as he tried to contain his shock as well as snorts and giggles. This was all too much, so Simon succumb to his natural instincts and joined in the laughing. His other hand clutched his stomach, and his eyes began to water with tears of laughter.

NOW I MUST STUMBLE ON THINGS I DON'T KNOW Simon Reed, Aurora Andrews

It wasn't until they were standing in front of the grand Hogwarts Express that Simon could take a good look at his friend. She seemed a little uneasy, and although she was trying to seem nonchalant, the girl was also holding onto her mothers hand. He wondered what it would be so close to his parents, but the thought didn't linger for long. He wasn't sure if he should stick close to Rory, or give the mother/daughter duo some space to say goodbye. "I'm all set Rors... Thanks again Thea, you're a life saver! I'll hop on inside, find us a seat, yeah?" with that he gave a quick side hug to Thea and walked off at a sluggish pace towards the train, hoping it would give enough time for Rory to say good bye and catch up to him. Although excited for his new adventure, he didn't really want to go looking for a compartment all alone.

THE RED BADGE OF COURAGE Behati Gadot, Atlas Wyrmwort, Julian Pritchard, Aurora Andrews, Simon Reed, Hazel Wheeler, Columbia Newton, Nari Bae, Tamsin Sauvigni, Celeste Ferranti, Leila Bancroft, Juniper Grey, Avory Brom

He cleared his throat preparing an excuse to leave the premises, until he noticed that his friend… his ally… She had produced a gun out of thin air and was aiming right at him. “No, GOOD MERLIN, PLEASE NO!” his usually even toned voice escalated with fear. The redhead was merciless, and although she had heard his pleas, she shot. He managed to close his eyes in time, but he knew immediately that he was a casualty.

» php workbook

Reed, Simon Simon Reed

» sorting

CEREMONY POST

It seemed that every time Avory had walked into King’s Cross, taking the portal to the magical side with his parents had warn the eleven-year-old thin.  Witnessing the train’s massive crimson steam engine leave the station four times, the soon-to-be first year wasn’t too excited for his own departure.  Sure, he would see his brother and sister’s at Hogwarts, but having to share their already somewhat cramped house with eight other people, Avory was hoping to be sorted in a house that wasn’t already occupied with another Brom.  

After hugging his parents goodbye, and boarding the train, he was off.  Yes, he wanted to find Jules and talk to him but finding a compartment seemed to be more difficult than he imagined.  Which, before he knew it, the train had come to a stop and people began to flood the hallways once more.

Once off the train and at Hogsmeade, Avory looked to the massive pool of other first years and began to stand with them.  It wasn’t long however till they were paired off and settled into a small dinghy. 

Although enjoyable, their train ride had been pretty uneventful. Simon and Aurora had spent most of their time talking about Hogwarts and the other half raiding the Trolley Lady’s cart. It was only after the train had began to slow down, that Simon started getting anxious. He was feeling rather feeling sick, slightly nauseous. Maybe this was why grown-ups told kids not to spoil their dinners with dessert… “I don’t feel so good…” he clutched his stomach as they exited out and followed the crowd.

They hadn’t really been given instructions on what to do next, so it took a few minutes to figure that out. Boats? Canoes? Gondola? He didn’t know the right terminology, whatever it was, he wasn’t sure he should board with an upset stomach. “Rory, you should ask if there’s another way to get to the castle….” he whispered, feeling the need to be slightly reverent as they edged closer to a boat. A few seconds later, the pair and a straggling boy were being guided on board. “Hey” he nodded at the lad, hoping that his first impression wouldn’t include hurling a million chocolate frogs.

Aurora had managed to enjoy the train ride without too much trouble. Her nerves had settled, at least for the time being. So when the train finally stopped and the two of them emerged from the train, she was feeling a whole lot more like her usual confident self. She was surprised though to find that Simon had become different. In fact he looked downright green. Aurora really hoped he wouldn’t be ill. Or the very least he’d wait till they were on the boat and it could be done overboard instead of on or around Aurora.

“You’ll be okay… I mean I think you’ll be okay.” She put on her best face of assurance, as they were herded from a large group into smaller groups and directed to a small boat. Aurora took a second glance at Simon and found herself deeply concerned he was going to upchuck on them all. Still, she was raised with manners and she turned her head towards the other lad in the boat.

“Hello. I’m Aurora and this is Simon, he’s… he’s not feeling his best right now.”

Firmly seated into the boat, Avory had no issues with the water, after all his father was a broom enchanter which air turbulence had the same effect as water.  Quickly turning his head to see who he would be sitting next to, Avory wasn’t too pleased to see the puce green colour of the boy who decided to introduce himself, and to the girl who spoke as well.  Looking to the boy, Avory let out a soft sigh, clearly the weight of the world’s problems rested on his shoulders this night as he scooched to the middle of the dinghy allowing the ticking puke bomb access to the water.

“Avory.”  The boy simply said as the girl identified herself.  Looking back to the boy whose name was now Simon, Avory unsnapped his uncoloured cloak and began to take off his school issued shirt.

“If you’re going to puke, use my shirt.”  He roughly offered feeling the cold breeze of the lake on his skin.  A thick fog began to swirl, as the boats lanterns faintly came to life, “Mermaids do not like their homes messed with.”  He spat in a somewhat cold fashion, but to be fair, not everyone was diverse into magical wildlife like he was.  Soon, as they approached, the distance between them and the castle was in sight. The dim light from the castle was visible to their naked eye.

Aurora's vote of confidence fell short, as her tone of voice wavered therefore making anything she said less credible. Avory, the first occupant of the dinghy was kind enough to leave enough room for Simon to take near the edge, in case of any upchucking action. “I should not have had that many frogs…” he lamented, jutting his bottom lip out and shooting an accusatory look at Aurora, “You should have stopped me… you know I can’t help myself…” he whined, but before he could complain any further he was quickly distracted by their classmate undressing.

Simon had been rendered speechless, he didn’t even notice that their boat was quickly approaching the castle now, who would even be paying attention to that. He reached out and took the wadded up shirt and held it slightly at arms length. “I…” he trailed off momentarily and looked over at the redhead for help. “Umm, I don’t think they’ll let you sort without a shirt, but thanks?” he fibbed, but hoped he was showing enough gratitude to not come off as being mean. Perhaps Hogwarts did have a rule about partial nudity, something like ‘no shirt, no service’ type thing.

Aurora rolled her eyes at Simon as he went on about his self control with chocolate frogs. After all, she’d hardly stuffed any of the sweets or chocolates into his mouth. So the idea that she was the one who had been expected to stop him was almost laughable. Except, she was raised better than that and would never laugh at Simon’s expense, at least not when he wasn’t feeling his best. Part of her wanted to comfort her friend but the other part of her didn’t want to risk ending up covered in somebody else’s sick and end up with some awful reputation.

All that changed though when the boy whose name she learned was Avory took off his shirt and Aurora was left utterly speechless. There was half naked boy on their boat and nothing had prepared her for how she was suppose to act. In fact, she just barely acknowledged the strangely cool tone the boy had particularly when he went on about the mermaids.

“I - um that’s very kind of you actually.” Aurora managed out, desperate to keep herself composed and not show her true feelings. Her gaze flickered around as she noticed the castle that would be home for the next seven years, it was truly something else but it was very convenient, as she could see the shore only mere feet away.

“Oh look we’re here.” She called out hoping that the boy would take back his shirt and all would be well because Simon was probably onto something. You probably couldn’t be sorted shirtless after all.

It was a kind gesture, that’s all it was.  Quickly giving the two others a glance, Avory wasn’t trying to help Simon, he was more helping the mermaids who lived in the lake. Luckily, his mum had decided not to enchant his school uniform like the rest of his clothing.  So, when he wanted, he can take them off whenever he pleased.

Reaching the shoreline as their boat hit the gravelly bed, Avory was the first to stand and jump off as he looked back to Aurora.  “See something you like?”  The soon-to-be first year spoke.  Placing a hand on the small boat’s front end helping it into shore, of course, giving a small wink to Simon, Avory made sure to flex, what little muscle he had as he showed off to the girl.

Even though after all the years of going to Diagon Alley, and Hogsmeade has left the boy dry and senseless, seeing the castle up close and person for the first time did leave a lasting impression on the boy.  Silently cooing as the person who seemed to be welcoming the new arrivals, in which Avory was quickly asked what happened to his shirt he quickly turned, pointing to Simon.

Once inside the castle this was a whole other story…

Even though he had kept his arm extended in hopes that Avory would catch his drift and take back his shirt, he didn’t. Simon sat awkwardly for the duration of the ride not only clutching his stomach but also holding on to another guy's shirt. He wasn’t sure if this was something he should include to his letter home, but he sure was glad when the boat scraped on the shore. Simon quickly hopped out and found himself next to Aurora. They had gotten this far together, they weren’t about to be separated now… at least not until the Sorting Hat commanded it.

Avory was not done with them however, it seemed like he had taken a liking to the pair and kept close by, so much as uncomfortably winking and asking them if they liked what they saw of his eleven year old body. Had Simon felt better, he probably would have told the bloke to bugger off, but instead he shuddered and moved his attention to the greeter… who was now staring blankly at Simon because he was holding Avory’s shirt. Without any explanation Simon tossed the shirt at Avory’s direction and shrugged, there was no way he was going into any detail as to why he had been in possession of his clothes.

Soon enough they moved along to the Great Hall, up to the point he hadn’t really taken in the castle from outside, but he definitely took notice now. Floating candles, and a four tables full of spectators waiting for the Sorting. His stomach turned and he audibly groaned. “I didn’t know we had to get Sorted in front of people…” he commented as they made their way to the front were a stool and what presumably was the Sorting Hat awaited them all.

While the boat ride had been interesting to say the least, what with the boy that had the strong inclination to remove his clothes at any whim and who’d had the audacity to wink at her. Aurora had to admit that the castle was really something, her mum had talked about her time at this school - how impressive the castle looked, how fun magic was, etc etc. So for the first time since she received her letter she had a brief moment where she actually understood what her mum had been trying to tell her.

Too bad she knew it wouldn’t last.

Still, the floating candles were a nice touch as they made the way through towards the front where a stool sat. The stares of all the other students could definitely be intimidating for others but Aurora was simply curious as she let her gaze wander around the tables of the different houses.

“You’ll be fine… we’ll all be fine.” Aurora said with as much conviction as she could muster because Simon was suppose to be her rock, her security blanket, he was not suppose to get nervous about sorting. He was suppose to the one excited, and thrilled and keep her calm. This was not the plan. Aurora swallowed thickly as they all stopped near the stool. Her hands automatically reached out and grasped both Simon and Avory’s without a second thought.

Relationships were give and take, and right now Simon had been taking a lot. It hadn't started it out that way but as they were nearing their fate he had increasingly asked a lot out of his friend. He nodded along with her, she was right. They would ultimately be okay, even if that meant being sorted in different houses... "Yes. You're right. This is it Aurora!" he said changing his tone for her sake, he couldn't believe that for the second time that day he felt her hand slip right into his. Instinctively he gave it what he hoped to be a comforting squeeze. "We're going to be fine." he leaned in an whispered, because she was the one that truly needed to hear it this time. Before he knew it, she was off towards the stool, the Alphabet betraying them. Simon would have to wait a little longer...

The minutes passed, and before he knew it, his name was called. "Reed, Simon."

He peeked at where Aurora was sitting now, and gave her a small smile. His last thought before the brim covered his sight was somewhere along the lines of hopefully being sorted with his friend.

SORTING BLURB

"Hello, Mr Reed! My, my, barely a moment upon your head and already I can sense the excitement buzzing in your mind. And, what an exceptional mind it is, if I do say so myself! The strength of your imagination is wonderful, and you're also meticulous in your methods. I can certainly appreciate a brain that leans towards a robust thinking process! Logic, reason, rationality - I know of one particular founder who wouldn't hesitate to claim you as one of her own. Welcome to Hogwarts, Mr Reed, now go and join your new companions in RAVENCLAW!"
Edited by Simon Reed

Simon Reed

page four

PsI78US.png if0WahW.png

the first year

» roleplays

birds of a feather feast together

birds of a feather soar together

when eagles and badgers collide

birds of a feather heal together

birds of a feather win together

birds of a feather read together most ravenclaw first years of vh36, Eloise Beauchamp, Nico Knight

newly dubbed prefects take the newly sorted first years on a tour of Hogwarts

HUFFLEPUFF IS FOR LOSERS people involved

He would have walked on by, but he was interested on the subject matter, if they could switch houses just like that, Simon was mighty interested. It would mean he could join @Aurora Andrews in Slytherin. He approached the tree, sneaking glances over his shoulder hoping no other Ravenclaws were around to witness this... "Oi, Nari... How would this work if I were to join you?" he inquired upon the process of switching houses.

» duels

NAME OF DUEL ► person involved [win | lose]

» grades

ASTRONOMY ► O*

CHARMS ► O*

DADA ► O*

FLYING ► O*

HERBOLOGY ► O*

HOM ► O*

POTIONS ► O*

TRANSFIGURATION ► O*

» summary

BEGINNING QP ► 200

END QP  242

BEGINNING WP  50

ENDING WP  74 

HOUSE POINTS EARNED ► 372

Edited by Simon Reed

Simon Reed

page five

47Og4T1.png s5xFKfi.png

the second year

» roleplays

NAME OF THREAD ► people involved

a blurb perhaps/a bit of info

NAME OF THREAD ► people involved

» duels

» grades

ASTRONOMY ► EE

CHARMS ► O*

DADA ► EE

HERBOLOGY ► O*

HOM ► O*

POTIONS ► EE

TRANSFIGURATION ► O*

» summary

BEGINNING QP ► 242

END QP  260

BEGINNING WP  74

ENDING WP  133

HOUSE POINTS EARNED ► ???

» summary

blabber on about what happens in a paragraph OR could do bullet point. YOU DO WHAT YOU DO.

Edited by Simon Reed

Simon Reed

page six

tumblr_p5hht1WVOl1rtygiyo9_250.png tumblr_p5hht1WVOl1rtygiyo7_250.png

the third year

» roleplays

An opportunity Rosie Ferranti

Rosie and Simon discuss werewolves. 

to shed some light the fire must get in Julian Pritchard

On the train ride home from 3rd year, Simon must decide between comforting his roommate or just blowing him off. 

» duels

NAME OF DUEL person involved [win | lose]

NAME OF DUEL  person involved [win | lose]

» grades

ASTRONOMY ► O*

CHARMS O

DADA O

HERBOLOGY ► O

HOM ► O

POTIONS ► O

TRANSFIGURATION T

DIVINATION ► O*

MUGGLES STUDIES ► O+

COMC ► O

ANCIENT RUNES ► O*

ARITHMANCY ► T

» summary

BEGINNING QP ►  260

END QP  270

BEGINNING WP  133

ENDING WP  144

» summary

blabber on about what happens in a paragraph OR could do bullet point. YOU DO WHAT YOU DO.

Edited by Simon Reed

Simon Reed

page seven

BiAW72.png BiAPpn.png

the fourth year

» roleplays

MISSED ME MISSED ME NOW YOU HAVE TO KISS ME  Hazel Wheeler, Aurora Andrews

Aurora drags Simon to Liverpool to secretly torture him, and quite possibly to eat some delicious brownies. 

MOMENTS PASSED  Hazel Wheeler 

DRAMA, probably

WE COULD BE FRIENDS, PUT YOUR HEAD ON MY SHOULDERS Dorjee Shire Sherpa

Simon tries to make more friends, because he keeps ruining all his other relationships like an idiot.

WE'VE ALL GOT EXPECTATIONS AND SOMETIMES THEY GO WRONG  Emmett Blaze

Emmett Blaze disrupts the balance of the universe, or something like that. 

SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND NOW  ALL OF VH36, basically

Simon takes on a dare, and ends up loosing his sh**. 

YOU KNOW WE'RE GOING TO BE LEGENDS  Aurora Andrews

Aurora helps Simon cool off. 

WELL SOMEBODY HAS TO ARRANGE THE MATCHES  Aurora Andrews, Stella Peabody, Hazel Wheeler, Isobel Blake, Jacquetta Rosewood

Another dare... does this boy never learn?

I LOVE ISOBEL BLAKE  Stella Peabody, Isobel Blake, Jacquetta Rosewood

I don't even know what just happened. 

THESE LIPS AREN'T SEALED  Molly Stone, Isobel Blake, Behati Gadot, Emmett Blaze, Hazel Wheeler, Jacquetta Rosewood

Simon is a creep. 

» duels

The past she is haunted the future is laced  Stella Peabody [win | lose]

NAME OF DUEL  person involved [win | lose]

» grades

ASTRONOMY ► 

CHARMS ►

DADA ► 

HERBOLOGY ► 

HOM ► 

POTIONS ► 

TRANSFIGURATION ► 

DIVINATION ► 

MUGGLES STUDIES ► 

COMC ► 

ANCIENT RUNES ► 

ARITHMANCY ► 

» summary

BEGINNING QP ►  270

END QP  312

BEGINNING WP  174

ENDING WP  215

» summary

Edited by Simon Reed

Simon Reed

page seven

tumblr_p3qo2vgglz1rtygiyo7_250.png tumblr_p3qo2vgglz1rtygiyo6_250.png

the fifth year

» roleplays

NAME OF THREAD people involved

» duels

NAME OF DUEL  person involved [win | lose]

» grades

ASTRONOMY ► 

CHARMS ►

DADA ► 

HERBOLOGY ► 

HOM ► 

POTIONS ► 

TRANSFIGURATION ► 

DIVINATION ► 

MUGGLES STUDIES ► 

COMC ► 

ANCIENT RUNES ► 

ARITHMANCY ► 

» summary

BEGINNING QP ►  312

END QP  

BEGINNING WP  215

ENDING WP  

» summary

bd_RavenclawPB.pngbd_HWABadge.png

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.