lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all

vh26

last updated 9.22.2013

Edited by Abel King

B A S I C S

awake my soul

Name: Abel Monroe King X

House: Hufflepuff

Mr King, in opposition to what your surname might suggest, I can see that you’re a very down-to-earth boy. Yes, you aren’t one who takes to flights of fancy or sugar-coating the harder things in life. Your view is realistic and well-informed by past experience. Ah yes, you have great respect for those who pioneer new feats and this paired with your fearless attitude would make you a fair Gryffindor. However, I don’t think that’s the place for you. With your loyalty and tendency towards kindness rather than an intrinsic need to be in the right all the time, I think you will find yourself more at home among the hard-working badgers of HUFFLEPUFF!

Birthday: September 2nd, 2016

"Hufflepuff Virgos are incredibly hard workers and bright, if quiet, students. They excel at any magical arts related to domestic life or healing. They must be watched carefully to ensure that they do not overstress their systems by performing too much work; these wizards have a very hard time learning the meaning of the word "no," and are thus easily taken advantage of for their work ethic. Let other people do the leading and the decision making; they are content to serve. And on their backs rests the industry of the world. Without people like them, civilization might grind to a halt, for who would take care of the practical details?" - Harry Potter Astrology

Hometown: Thurso, Scottland

Pureblood/half blood/muggle born: Halfblood

Wand:

11 ¾ inch hawthorn, unicorn tail hair

Hawthorn - "Masculine. Associated with the Owl. Element of air. Provides psychic protection. Used for charms.

Confidence, patience, weather working and banishment of evil spirits. The wandmaker Gregorovitch wrote that hawthorn ‘makes a strange, contradictory wand, as full of paradoxes as the tree that gave it birth, whose leaves and blossoms heal, and yet whose cut branches smell of death.’ While I disagree with many of Gregorovitch’s conclusions, we concur about hawthorn wands, which are complex and intriguing in their natures, just like the owners who best suit them. Hawthorn wands may be particularly suited to healing magic, but they are also adept at curses, and I have generally observed that the hawthorn wand seems most at home with a conflicted nature, or with a witch or wizard passing through a period of turmoil. Hawthorn is not easy to master, however, and I would only ever consider placing a hawthorn wand in the hands of a witch or wizard of proven talent, or the consequences might be dangerous. Hawthorn wands have a notable peculiarity: their spells can, when badly handled, backfire." - Pottermore

Unicorn Tail Hair - "Unicorn hair is a more subtle wand. It is also hands-down the best core for healing, as it picks up some of the healing capabilities of unicorn blood. Unicorn hair has a reputation of picking gentler or more cerebral users, so it is common amongst Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. More laid-back Gryffindors and subtler Slytherins may find themselves with a Unicorn hair wand. As the Unicorn hair can be removed without the death of the creature, the Unicorn hair wands specialize in Charms as Charms may be extremely powerful, and the generality of them, expertly cast, are quite permanent, some may be fairly easily countered or canceled, however. The Healing power of the Unicorn lends itself well to Healing and other more subtle arts such as Seeing. Good For: Charms, Healing, Seeing, COMC, Divination" - Pottermore

Patronus

Alley Cat: are opportunistic feeders—they will eat whatever food is easiest to find. Cats have lived outdoors for thousands of years; they are part of the natural landscape.

Boggart

Confinement - he is afraid of being trapped indoors forever. Small spaces don't bother him but if he knows that he has to be in somewhere that has no windows for more that a few hours he gets unnerved.

Amortentia

The smell of the ground right after it rains, heavy salty sea mist, fresh baked bread, and Pumpkin Ale.

Five words that best describe your character:

Fearless

He is very logical when it comes to fear. He figures that if something happens it is going to happen. He feels as if there is nothing to fear. He doesn't consider himself brave - he won't put himself in harm's way to be a hero. He doesn't feel that there is anything to fear.

Loyal

Abel is a very loyal boy. He is the type of friend that will stand by you even if you are wrong. He has never been a fickle person. Once he considers you a friend he is like glue. If you ever need help with anything Abel is your guy.

Blunt

He is not very good with being delicate with his words. He never sugar coats his words. He is the type to get to the point and not dance around things. His tact with words is often lacking.

Streetwise

Abel is a very logical. He might not get numbers or complex thoughts but he has a lot of common sense. He feels more at home when he can be doing something rather than people explaining things to him. He can read people fairly well.

Quiet

Abel isn't going to talk to you just for the sake of talking. When he has something to say he will say it. Otherwise expect silence from the young man. He means ever word he says - even if they are few.

Appearance:

Build - Abel is thin above all else. He is bony. He has broad shoulders and a head that is slightly rectangular shaped.

Hair - His hair is usually short and shaved close to his head in a military like style. Since it is so short he often appears to have brown hair If given the chance to grow out a little it would be a dirty blond color.

Eyes - Small, icy blue.

Height - 4'5"-5'11"

Posted Image

Family:

Father's name: Abel Monroe King IX

Brief description (occupation, blood, etc): Abel's father is in the military - as it is a traditional occupation in the King family. He is a muggle and did not know about the magical world before he married Abel's mother.

Mother's name: Eve Rose Vanderbilt - King

Brief description (occupation, blood, etc): She is a pure blooded witch. She is a Potions Experimenter for the Ministry of Magic.

Edited by Abel King

Y E A R O N E

how fickle my heart and how woozy my eyes

the threads

Home is just a word, without a time or place - Tessa Maitland

All your sanity and wits they will all vanish, I promise - Peter Bones

X Open up the boxes, unpack what you own - Winnie Magellan

The Able King - Maisie Evans-Scott

Nothing brightens a room like your absence - Peter Bones

Squint your eyes and hope real hard, maybe sprout wings - Malcolm Ebblewhite

the people

TBA