Sign in to follow this  
Greg Argos

Eye of the Tiger

Greg Argos

Greg assembled his team outside of the Great Hall, near one of the corridors leading off to the rest of the castle. The Adventurer's Club competition had just started, and as Greg huddled everyone together, he glanced around warily for any sign of the other groups. Being the founder of the club, Greg wanted to show that he had what it took to be a good leader.

"Okay, guys, here's the plan. We need to find a way to the seventh floor secret room without using any of the main staircases. Which means we need to look for secret passages hidden throughout the corridors. Just watch out for the other groups; we will come out on top! Now I'm only here to advise and encourage, so anyone want to start us off in the right direction? Let's do this!"

WC: 140

--------------------

Welcome, guys, to the team that's going to win this thing! We are the Awesome Adventure-nauts! The Victorious Vagabonds and Aara's team are going down.

THIS IS A 150 WORD CHALLENGE. Repeat: THIS IS A 150 WORD CHALLENGE. So every post must be less than 150 words. That doesn't mean we can't get creative, but we need everyone to participate so we can claim victory. Please try to keep some sort of a posting order, but if the next person doesn't post within two days or so, feel free to move the story along. I would like to keep everything moving at a good pace.

Be creative with your posts, and let everyone find a secret passage or do something interesting. This is a TEAM game, remember, and a cooperation exercise, but just HAVE FUN!!!

--------------------

--Members of the Awesome Adventure-nauts--

Greg Argos, Alexa McPherson, Evan Dunmore, Julia Banner, Delores Merry

Alexa McPherson

Standing in her group outside the great hall, Alexa wasn't the most thrilled. She knew no one in her group. And she was the only Slytherin. Fabulous.

As the team were huddled around their leader, Greg or something, Alexa's stomach felt like it had butterflies with excitement. It didn't really matter about who was in her team. It mattered that her team won.

"I'll lead to start with!" Alexa said, raising her hand confidently.

"This way you lot."

With that she turned on her heel, and started towards a portrait at the end of the entrance hall. She was positive there was something behind it. As they came closer, Alexa began to jog. Once they reached the painting, she tugged it forward revealing a door.

"Pretty cool huh. Right, let's win this thing!" She turned and began the walk along the tunnel. She wasn't entirely sure were it came out. Oh well.

WC : 149 >.>

Evan Dunmore

Evan followed behind the Slytherin girl who led them down the passage behind the painting. When they emerged, they were in an entirely different part of the castle.

"Um...me next?" Evan ventured. He walked over to a statue of a wizard that looked promising, pulled his wand out of his sleeve, and tapped the stone. Nothing happened. "Come on, you, this is Hogwarts," he hissed as he struck the statue again.

This time, the stone wall behind the statue spun to reveal a spiral staircase that led up. The stone wizard winked at Evan.

"Right this way," Evan said brightly as he gestured toward the staircase. Maybe confidence plays more of a part than I give it credit for, he thought to himself as he broke into a broad smile. He was glad for his group; he only knew Julia personally, but the rest seemed sharp and eager to win.

WC: 150

Delores Merry

Following the others up the staircase Deliah was feeling excited, the fact she didn't know anyone in her group hadn't phased her at all. The stairs were wet and slippery, as they steepened Deliah didn't slow her pace; too eager to win she disregarded that slipping up could easily mean a trip to the hospital wing.

Reaching the top of the staircase she tried to find her bearings, but had no idea where they were. She definitely had never been here before and was unable to tell if it was part of a main corridor or if they were still in the passageway.

"I have no idea where we are, but let's go this way" Deliah spoke up, assuming charge or the group. "Everyone keep their eyes open for hidden stuff" Deliah dragged her hands along the walls as she walked trying to find a loose brick or something.

WC: 149

Julia Banner

It was never part of the plan for Julia to get dragged into this, but she begrudgingly went along with the excursion as it offered an opportunity to 1) hang out with Evan and 2) beat Aara at something. However roaming the castle she did plenty of on her own and she wasn't keen on freely sharing what few secrets she'd discovered with a group of strangers. Winning was not incentive enough to hand over her hard work. Anyway she didn't know exactly where they were at the moment.

So in an ironic attempt not to bear her group's dead weight, they were now bearing hers. In her defense, she was excellent at keeping pace. "So have either of you met Evan?" she asked conversationally, wedging her Housemate between the other two girls in the group. "The other day he found us a hidden downstairs path. To the roof."

WC: 147

Evan Dunmore

Evan stared at Julia. "What? I did not! Julia, you know I did no such thi-"

His own feet cut him off; they got caught on a loose stone and he went tumbling onto the ground.

"Ah." He winced as he pulled himself up. The brick he had caught himself on began to spin madly, then shrunk. Several other bricks near it did the same, revealing a trapdoor in the floor.

"Should we use this?" he asked. He looked around at the rest of the group. "I mean, it looks like it goes down. Then again, this is Hogwarts. That statue looked like just a statue, you know?"

"What do you think we should do?" he asked one of the others.

WC: 121

Edited by Evan Dunmore

Greg Argos

Greg followed his team throught the first few passages. He thought his team was starting out strong; they hadn't seen Aara's or Arianna's group at all, and they were breezing through the school...a little too easily, he thought. He didn't know what floor they were on, but looking out a nearby window, he could tell they were pretty high.

Greg helped lower his teammates down the ladder inside the trapdoor that Evan had found. Once they all reached to bottom, Greg took out a flashlight. They were standing at the beginning of a long, dark passageway, with water dripping slowly from the sides. Greg took a few steps forward and felt his foot plunge into an abyss below. He stumbled back and shined the light ahead. Oh no, he thought, as he looked at the gaping holes in the floor ahead, some spanning the entire length of the passage.

((WC: 150))

--------------------

OK, guys, here is your first team challenge. You must work cooperatively to maneuver the dangerous passage ahead. I want to see good descriptions of you guys trying to find ways around these obstacles. Remember, even though this is a sort of competition, we are still trying to build our teamwork and writing skills. Also, don't worry too much about posting order, but please try to avoid just two people being involved. We will win this!

Alexa McPherson

After finding the first passage, Alexa had slunk to the back of the group, looking for sabotage options. Sadly none really arose, so she found herself being helped down a ladder, following behind the Evan boy. She watched as Greg took a step forward, and mimicked his movements, only to have her foot sink into a deep whole, just like his.

"Guys, Help me up!" She said, reaching her arms out to her teammembers. Once she was freed she stared ahead of them, able to see thanks to Greg's flashlight.

"We could do a train team? One behind the other you know, follow the leader kinda thing? The person at the front has the flashlight, and you just copy the person infront of you's movements?" Alexa suggested, her arms folded across her chest. She understood what she meant atleast. But she wasn't sure if the others did.

WC :146

Greg Argos

Greg helped pull Alexa away from the gaping hole. Hadn't she heard him wriggle back when he almost tripped over the ledge? He wasn't about to lose any team mates on irrational thinking; better yet, he wasn't about to lose any team mates, ever. Even though adventuring in a centuries-old castle might lead to its fair share of horrors, Greg couldn't imagine anything going seriously wrong, right?

Greg listened as Alexa shared her "train team" idea. "That could work," he responded after a brief pause, "but how are we going to get across the wider holes, where there are no ways around. Does anyone have any magic-related ideas?" Greg, being in Gryffindor, hadn't taken Charms or Transfiguration yet, and hoped that someone in his multi-house group could teach them some sort of spell to get over a pitch-black drop into nothingness.

((WC: 143))

Evan Dunmore

The pits in the floor looked deep, but Evan couldn't see the bottom.

"Are we sure they're all that deep?" he asked. He picked up a pebble, tossed it into the hole in front of them, and listened. No clatter came; the hole was apparently quite deep. "I guess they are."

He scratched his head. "We learned about a gravity-fixing spell in Astronomy, but other than that I don't think we've learned anything that could help us get over this pit. And besides, that spell just returns things to their normal gravity. Hm."

Evan wasn't used to being presented with a problem that couldn't be solved with a little reasoning. But here, now, this pit was a physical obstacle that didn't seem to have a solution. "I'd say we should either try to make a bridge of some kind or risk a little climbing," he said, feeling a little defeated.

Edited by Evan Dunmore

Julia Banner

"I say we turn back," Julia stated, sounding bored with this venture already. In the cover of darkness she didn't mind crossing her arms and rolling her eyes at the predicament since no one could see her. Having assisted in saving the Slytherin girl, she had no interest in making anymore rescues today and it was pretty clear this pit was bad news.

"Unless someone's willing to take a Knockback Jinx to try to clear it," she suggested lazily, only half joking. Julia could only assume the others knew as little magic as she did, and this was the one idea that came to mind despite its obvious deficiencies. Like possibly sending a classmate hurdling into the void. The point was it wouldn't be her. And they were wasting time as it was.

"No takers?" she challenged icily, hoping to either prove her point or find a test dummy.

WC: 149

Alexa McPherson

Alexa crossed her arms, and looked at her team mates challengingly. As no one could really see her, this didn't matter. As a ravenclaw girl spoke up, Alexa turned on her and scoffed.

"Please, we are not turning back. We will win this thing. With or without you." Alexa said icily, her statement making it quite clear that as far as she was concerned, the Ravenclaw could clear off if she wanted to.

"I agree with Evan. We should try climbing. Theres plenty of gaps on the ground, and holds on the wall." Alexa said bracingly, before walking in the light from Greg's torch, and starting to channel her way through paths and along ledges and walls.

"Hurry up, or stay there. By now the other teams are probably almost there." Lets not mention that Alexa didn't actually know were her team was at the moment. *cough*

WC : 147

Delores Merry

Deliah had been an onlooker to the group for a while, more interested in where they'd found themselves than the group dynamics being formed. But feeling the team was splitting, she decided to step in and impart her thoughts onto the group.

"We've all got to stay together, for a start we'll probably be disqualified if we don't finish as a team, and if we split up it's going to be more dangerous. So in the spirit of adventure, we're all going this way", Deliah turned to the way Alexa was heading. Thinking maybe her speech hadn't worked, she added "or are you all too chicken, c'mon already!"

So what if they didn't finish first, they had clearly found the most interesting passage. And if it was dangerous, that's what the hospital wing was for.

WC:135

Edited by Delores Merry

Grey Lady

Just when Helena had thought she'd done enough good deeds for the day, she happened to come across another group of students. They looked young- like the last group had been. They looked much too young to be strolling around in the darkness by themselves.

At least they had a flashlight. Helena did, admittedly, think that lumos would've worked much better. She didn't want to discourage them though. So she stayed and watched for a moment- until an argument seemed to arise. She was always a little more protective of those in her own house (being a Ravenclaw ghost) so this altercation did not go down very well with Helena.

She floated along toward the group, trying to keep an eye on the Ravenclaw students. "I say turn back," she said softly to the Ravenclaw girl when she got close enough. "Follow your logic."

WC-134

Julia Banner

"Last I checked we were supposed to be moving up anyway," the Ravenclaw pointed out derisively. Apparently on top of lacking basic risk assessment skills, these kids didn't understand strategy either. While Julia had the tendency to be foolhardy, it was never for the sake of ego itself as seemed to be the case for her teammates.

If the provocation was getting to Julia at all, that stopped when she heard a supportive voice next to her. It startled her a little initially but she recovered quickly. "Right," she agreed calmly, pumping her hand back out of habit only to experience a chill on her skin. Note to Julia: Don't try to fist bump ghosts.

"You dunderheads do what you want," she dismissed evenly, putting her hand to the wall to guide herself back to the ladder. "And Evan, do me a favor and try not to die."

Julia out.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.