Sign in to follow this  
Greg Argos

The Search Begins...

Greg Argos

The Great Hall looked splendid tonight, small candles floating above everyone's heads, casting a light, soft glow on everything below. Supper was just wrapping up, a couple of groups of students still left. Greg sat quietly near the entrance door at the Gryffindor table, nonchalantly reading the newspaper. He liked doing the puzzles; they kept his mind occupied and sharp, and were just fun to do. He skimmed the front page, and, finding nothing interesting, went back to the puzzle.

It was time for the first "Meeting Place Search" of the Adventurer's Club. Greg had sent notes to both Aara and Arianna a few hours ago, telling them to meet him here in the Great Hall. He was excited to finally get this thing started. Their impromptu meeting out on the Quidditch Pitch the other day had helped them to organize their priorities and get them steered in the right direction; now it was time to act. Greg hoped they could get at least a few more people interested in the club. He decided to post something on the Gryffindor notice board later; that might actually get the word out.

Greg penciled in a few more answers, then looked around the hall. He had decided they would head up first, hopefully discovering a few hidden corridors or places of interest that would be perfect for the meeting. He had heard from his dad about secret rooms and enchanted parts of the castle, and Greg was hopeful that they would stumble into something interesting during their adventure. He glanced at the door once more, and went back to the newspaper.

Arianna Wright

It hadn't been that eventful of a day so far, but that was going to change shortly. The first searching excursion of the Adventuring club was going to happen that night and Arianna was excited. She had forgone any sort of searching on her own because she wanted to discover everything for the first time with her club mates.

So, entering the great hall that evening and heading for the Gryffindor table, she looked around to see if she could find Greg. Not seeing him and a tad disappointed, she headed over to where some of her roommates were sitting. They seemed to be laughing about something and she was curious.

Throughout dinner, Arianna kept on throwing glances up and down the table in case she eventually spotted the boy in question, nodding and laughing at the appropriate parts of her friends' conversation. Finally spotting him, she quickly downed the rest of her meal and said a hurried goodbye to her friends before getting up and moving over to where Greg was sitting.

"Hey," she said brightly, sitting down across from him. She glanced at the newspaper he was holding and curious, continued, "anything interesting in there?" She didn't often read the newspaper, finding fantasy books far more intriguing, but she knew it was important to keep up on the recent news, or at least that is what her dad told her. He obviously didn't read it very often or he would know just how boring it all was.

Greg Argos

Greg felt movement close to him coming from the left and a body sit down next to him. "Hey, anything interesting in there?" said a voice. Greg looked up from the article he was reading and saw the bright and happy face of Arianna. "Oh, hey!" he said. "Nice of you to join me. I was just browsing this." He held up the paper. "Nothing in it but the same old drivel. Not that magical stuff is drivel, but you know what I mean." He gave a weak smile.

"So anyway," he continued, folding the paper nicely and turning to face Arianna. "Do you know if Aara's going to show up? I told you guys exactly seven o'clock." He checked his watch, the minute hand millimeters away from the twelve. "Ah, well. She'll be here, hopefully. So I was thinking: we should start looking upstairs, maybe around the second floor or something. If we don't find someplace cool or get any good vibes about a floor, we can always move up. I'm not sure what you've heard about secret rooms and passages in this school, but I think there's some hidden stuff no one has seen in a long time." Greg could feel the excitement building in him. This is what he hda been waiting for ever since he posted that first notice at the PHP: The unrestrained exploration, not knowing what was around the corner, getting a view people rarely ever experience. He checked his watch again.

Arianna Wright

"I'm sure she'll come. Give her a break, she does sit at a different table than we do." Arianna sighed. Was he always going to be this impatient? It wasn't as if they actually had to be stepping out of the great hall at exactly 7pm. She glanced over to the Slytherin table, trying to send a mental message to Aara to get over here soon. She didn't want Greg to blow up at the girl if she was too late, which seemed likely since he kept on checking his watch.

"Going up sounds good. Why not check the first floor though? I'm sure there is stuff here too." She looked up after that and smiled. Apparently her mental powers worked since she saw a familiar brunette walk up to where they were sitting. Maybe she had special powers! Mega awesome mind powers. She would have to look more into that later. As Aara came closer she shot at Greg "See, she came," and then called to the Slytherin girl "Hey Aara! Have a good day?"

Aara Aydelston

“Hey!” Aara smiled brightly, and joined them at the Gryffindor table. She rather hoped other students would give her dirty looks for sullying the noble Gryffindor table with her Slytherin evilness. Aara was in a bold, adventurous mood. She was eleven years old and about to explore the castle until the wee hours of the morning. Or at least until curfew forced them to part ways. There were so many things to be excited for.

What if they found gold? Or treasures? Or ancient scrolls written by the founders of Hogwarts? The school was older than time itself! Or so it seemed when one was only eleven years old. There had to be hidden passageways, and secret rooms, and doors that weren't doors, and portraits that were doors. Maybe the portraits could tell them were to look? Aara filed her brilliant idea way for later.

“It's been a lovely day. You?” She asked them both. Having had such a big event to look forward to, she had been in a great mood all day. She was eager to get started. "Picked a place to start yet?"

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.