Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mrs Blithe

PHP Feedback

28 posts in this topic

Hey, just wanted to drop in and say I was on VH years ago and couldn't get through PHP. There was just too much so being able to do all the non-extra-credit parts in one day was great for me.

However, since the site has been updated, I noticed there are some things in the lessons that also might need updating. Mainly just formatting, like if you want to write your own BBcode you need to hit that button in the top left corner that looks like a switch to switch to coding mode.

Also, don't know if it's still relevant but I would have liked the IC option for my character to have not attended, because when playing a muggleborn a lot of the pleasure is in the surprises of the magical world. That gets undercut if the character has spent a summer being prepared to enter the magical world.

Additionally, the information telling us it's mandatory isn't included in the site getting started info, only in the PHP info. If I hadn't already been reading the PHP info (because I'd decided my character wasn't going to attend), I wouldn't know it the Ministry had made attendence mandatory and therefore I would have continued to RP as though my character hadn't gone.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your feedback, Miss Shepherd, and I'm sorry for not having posted a response much sooner. Welcome back to VH, and I do hope you're enjoying yourself!

Yes, yes... :( We really do need to fix those formatting parts of the lessons, someone mentioned it earlier this year but it completely slipped off my radar.... Let's just say I'm becoming more addled with age (but don't tell anyone I'm getting old!! ;) ) and I'm going to have to make sure I've figured out all the new formatting, myself. I hope this has not been too detrimental to everyone going through these lessons and I really do apologize to anyone this has caused any issues!! (It's quite unacceptable for us to have not fixed this sooner, I really am sorry.)

I'm going to add it to my to-do list to check with the Ministry on the reasoning for PHP being mandatory for all students. Since this was established before Mrs Blithe and I began teaching at PHP, it's something we've kept up with... but you have very valid points for why a student might choose not to attend, and I'm wondering if we couldn't come up with an alternate format for lessons to provide more options, both for students attending and not attending PHP.

Thank you again for your comments, they did indeed help! <3

Well I would have liked a teachers office for asking advice and get help with Hogwarts program of study, and make contact with teachers more fluid. And well maybe have the Headmistress come in to have a talk in a thread by now to tell of concerns and ask questions. To new players this game can be overwhelming so this should be a taste of the game and a chance to meet a school official.