#1 Cricket Silverstar

Cricket Silverstar

Ravenclaw

• Ravenclaw 5th Year
  • 1,239 posts
  • Quidditch Points:210
  • Wizard Points:264

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

As Cricket left the Library she could be heard saying ‘My father will hear about this.’ Which was true, her parents would hear about it, but nothing would be done. Her parents would send sweets of course, but no real action would be taken. Her dad would laugh it off and say that it was part of the experience of Hogwarts. Her mum would ask what she was doing letting a book bite her. Which was not the typical response for a muggle for sure. Was Cricket going to be the only one who was outraged about this? A book had the nerve to bite her!

Looking down at her hand she wasn’t even sure this was the place for this. Sure, the cut was a bit bigger than a paper cut, but it wasn’t like she was gushing blood or had lost a hand or something. All that she possibly needed was a band-aid, some disinfectant, and possibly a tub of ice cream or a lolly pop. Whichever the Hospital Wing had on hand would be good, especially since the kitchen was too far for her to go. She felt even more ridiculous as she entered the Hospital wing, would they laugh her out of the room? It was a strong possibility. Here goes nothing.

Taking a seat on one of the beds she held her hand up to her face as she inspected the bite. Yep, this was going down as one of those most humiliating moments in her entire life. That was the last time she would go around reading random books in the library. It might even be the last time she enters that place. It was full of pure evil student eating books. The Headmaster was crazy letting those books into the school.

Out Of Character Form:
Patient Name: Cricket Silverstar
Current Year: 1st Year
Blood Type (if applicable): Type -B
Species (Human, Veela (part or full), etc: Human
Allergies: None
Damage Location (Entire body or certain parts, please specify) (BE SPECIFIC): Left hand on and around the thumb.
Damage type (Spells cast, Potion/poison, Fall, etc.) (BE SPECIFIC): Bite/paper cut
Summarize (what exactly were you doing when you got your injury?): I was attempting to open a book that was all furry. It had eyes and teeth. It bit me!
Other (Is there anything we should watch out for?):
Cricket is a bit of drama queen and may exaggerate this just a little bit.

Edited by Cricket Silverstar, 18 April 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#2 Evelyn Weber

Evelyn Weber

Hufflepuff

• Alumni
  • 2,624 posts
  • Quidditch Points:560
  • Wizard Points:400

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

It definitely took some getting used to, spending all this time in the Hospital Wing. She'd been in here a few times last year, helping her friends with injuries or spending the night taking care of her own. It always seemed like a lonely place, so quiet and secluded from the rest of the castle. To think that she'd be spending several days of the week in this section of the castle waiting for children to come in with various injuries... it was weird. Evelyn wasn't too sure if liked it, but she did love the things she was learning here.

After a routine cleanup of supplies and of the cabinets and beds, Evelyn had nothing more to do in the quiet wing. And so, curled up in her chair with her textbook in her lap, she began to study. Usually the Hufflepuff didn't have any problems with studying. Reading the textbooks front to back was something she was perfectly okay with most days. But for some reason, it was especially difficult to do it when it was so still and silent.

Maybe next time she'll ask Madam VonHaus if she could bring her iWiz to break the silence.

Suddenly, the doors to the wing opened and Evelyn looked up in excitement -- a customer! The girl looked young, most likely a first year, and she was holding up her hand and inspecting it curiously. At least she wasn't screaming in fear or anything. Hopefully this would be easy.

Hurrying over to her, Evelyn gave the Ravenclaw a smile, "Hey there. I'm Evelyn. How can I help you?"

#3 Cricket Silverstar

Cricket Silverstar

Ravenclaw

• Ravenclaw 5th Year
  • 1,239 posts
  • Quidditch Points:210
  • Wizard Points:264

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Cricket looked up from her hand to see a girl in a Hufflepuff robe with a shiny badge on it. For a moment Cricket thought about questioning her on her skills at fixing book bites, but thought better of it. It wouldn’t do to offend someone who could fix her hand, now would it. Putting her hand in her lap the Ravenclaw sighed. How would she explain this? Most likely she would just use on run on sentence or rush to get everything out and then end up out of breath. It was horrible it was terrible, it was the world’s worst paper cut ever! ‘I was attacked viscously by a furry book in the library.’ She started wondering if Evelyn had heard this story before. ‘I was trying to open the book and it jumped at me and then it tried to bite me and then it was successful and it bit me.’ It was all very scaring, the poor Ravenclaw may never go back into the library again. ‘And I am soooo ashamed.’ This would probably make the top ten most ridiculous trips to the Hospital wing list for sure. Cricket was going to be mocked right out the room, this she was sure. ‘Please don’t tell me it is so small that you need a magnifying glass to see it.’ Which was one of her mum’s best lines for telling her to stop being such a baby. Cricket then waited to see what Evelyn would do.

#4 Evelyn Weber

Evelyn Weber

Hufflepuff

• Alumni
  • 2,624 posts
  • Quidditch Points:560
  • Wizard Points:400

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

“Ah yes, found the Monster Book of Monsters, did you?” Evelyn asked with an amused smile as she sat down on the bed next to the young Ravenclaw, taking the injured hand and looking it over. It didn’t look too bad, but Evelyn knew very well that paper cuts, as small as they were, packed a punch. They stung like a mofo and not in the good way. From the looks of it, it was a bit deeper than your average paper cut. “I see it, don’t worry,” Evelyn smiled.

“They use that book for Care of Magical Creatures. There’s apparently a special way to open it so if you decide you want to go look at it again next time, just stroke the spine and it should calm down,” she explained as she cleaned the cut gently with a cotton ball soaked with disinfectant, careful not to let any of it stay too long on the cuts. With careful aim, she tossed the cotton ball towards the rubbish bin and opened a drawer where they kept the bandaids for small injuries such as these. “Your hand will heal in a day, so don’t worry,” Evelyn reassured as she wrapped a bandaid around the wound and gave the hand back to the young Ravenclaw, “But if it's too much to handle, I can give you a bit of Murtlap Essence to apply to it.”

Hopefully that wouldn’t happen. How bad could a simple paper bite be anyway?

Edited by Evelyn Weber, 07 May 2012 - 01:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users