Welcome back to VH! We've just upgraded our software and themes and still have some fine-tuning to do. Please be patient while we get everything working right!  For information about the changes and to report any bugs or theme issues, please visit the Board Upgrade forum. Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snape

"I Need A Name Change"

244 posts in this topic

Note: Some of you can now change your name yourself! 

If you are an unsorted student (Member group) you get a one-time name change. So, if your name does not abide by Virtual Hogwarts' guidelines, please feel free to take advantage of this before posting here. You may change your name by going to "Account Settings" and then "Display Name." Keep in mind you may only change it once, so type carefully. If you've already used this one-time name change and find that your name still does not meet our site rules, please read the below rules and post here. 

If you are an alumni, you can also change your own name (also under "account settings", then "display name"). Alumni are permitted to change their names twice every three years. Alumni should no longer have a need to post in this topic, please use your allotted name changes wisely as any name change requests you post here are unlikely to be approved.  

Unless one of the following cases applies to your name, it will not be changed.

* 1. Your name does not consist of a first name and last name.

* 2. Your name contains numbers or symbols.

* 3. Your name has an underscore (_) in it, has not been capitalised or is missing a space between the first and last names.

* 4. Your name is a combination of two names from the Harry Potter books.

* 5. Your last name is the same as one of the characters in the Harry Potter books.

* 6. Your name is from another character in any fandom or the name of a real life celebrity.

* 7. Your name contains bad words or sexual innuendo (in which case you probably won't need this thread here anyway because we'll smack an appropriate name of our choice on you.)

* 8. The name you registered with is your real name in which case you should PM me rather than post here and divulge it to the general public

Your name will not be changed if you notice that you would rather have a different name, changed your mind about its spelling, its length or any other reason that is not listed up there (e.g. a sudden decision to have your character be related to another character in some way or other). Should you request such a name change, you will be labeled a dunderhead by the committee your post and request will be ignored.

ADDENDUM -If your name happens to be shared with a really obscure reference or character from another realm, or is not commonly known, or is a common combination of otherwise unremarkable names. You may not require a name change, a moderator can evaluate your name.

If you are waiting for a name change, and you send in your Sorting Form BEFORE your name is changed, your form will be rejected.

All Sorting Forms MUST be sent in under the name you intend to keep for your years at Hogwarts.

Please re-send your sorting form AFTER your name has been changed.

(This is an administrative issue - not an error on your part. Our unique forms must have your correct name in order to sort you!)

Heey there lovelies <3

May I please have Jayda's name changed from Jayda Aria Harte to Jayda Frith as she is now married? Thanks!

Could you possibly change my name? I know this isn't one of the cases that you mentioned but the girl might be angry. When I signed up I didn't know someone had the same name as me..

Could you please change it to Bonnie Logan?

Edited by Snape
Done <3 Snape

Sorry, but may I have my name changed to Chantrelle Drache? With a space and everything. I seem to have missed the spacebar when registering. Rookie mistake, I know. Thank you for your time.

I didn't realize it at the time while registering, but I'd like some capitalization and no underscore with my screen name, please! xD I want to be with the cool kids. *Slips on some shades.*

Please change my name to Odette Sinclair so that I can go off and be an old housewife now. At 19. SOMEONE best get me a ring before I switch mah name back, take the baby, take the money, and run.

Mainly the money. Keep the baby. B)

Also, this is me not caring if that's some movie character in some film no one outside of Wiggles has ever seen. *shakes fist* Blah, blah, blah, lemme mourn the passing of my login name. OH WOE IS ME. /dramatic ily Snape <3

Please change my name to Adelaide McQuaid-Corvin

Since she's already been married for at least 5 years now... I guess it's high time I changed Keira's name from Keira Madison to Keira Paddock.

can i change my name to Kevin Falls

Edited by Kevin Mcrow
Unless your name falls under the rules in the first post of this thread, I can't change your name, I'm sorry.

My name was Tobos, but I forgot to have a last name, sorry hehe. Can I have it changed to Tobos Adragon please?

Edited by Weasley
Done ~Weasley

hehe i kinda didn't know we needed this hehe ^^"

my name was SuperMeip but can you change it to Joshua Sparks?

I managed to marry a man by the name of Cade Douglas. Can we become VH name-official?

~Dominique

Unknowingly chose the last name of an important person on VH. Can I have it changed to Augustine so it doesnt conflict in future rps? ty

Edited by Snape
Done <3 Snape.

I didn't realize you had to have a first and last can i change mine to Jewels Lion :rolleyes:

hello, I would like my name changed to : Reese Woodbury

Thank you

Edited by Snape
Done. <3 Snape.

may i have a name change to cocoa nielson i did not no about the number and name thing

Haii *waves*

I have somehow forgotten to register on VHOT with a surname :'| I am currently registered there as Elijah, could one of you lovely people change that to Elijah Wilde.

ALL the thank yous and ALL the sorries <3 *leaves cookies*

I did not realize that you needed a first and last name. Could I please have a name change to Spring Epellene? Thank you!

I need a name change. Previously "ana banana" it sucks...

So, can I have a name change to "Anna Reece"? Thanks!

Edited by Snape
Done. <3 Snape

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0