#21 Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Ravenclaw

• Alumni
  • 1,645 posts
  • Quidditch Points:210
  • Wizard Points:157

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:52 AM

The Sorting Form has opened, and that means PHP will soon be ending for the year! We'd like you to look at, and to remind you of, a few things.

Check out this announcement for more info:

Announcement - How to get Sorted

PHP Workbooks must be finished one week before Sorting, by September 5. We are making an exception to this, however, for last-minute characters registered on or after that date--if you wish to start your workbook between then and Sorting, we will grade it with the others, contingent upon your character's successful Sorting.

AND DID SOMEONE SAY END OF SUMMER PARTY? I THINK SO!

#22 Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Ravenclaw

• Alumni
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

Regarding VH26 Workbooks:

We've had some questions about the deadline for PHP workbooks, and we have decided to leave them open for grading until the Sorting.

Workbooks will be moved to the PHP Records Cabinet on Sorting Day and after that point, no more grading will be done on them. As there is not a specific time we are planning to move them, we strongly suggest you complete all that you wish to by Saturday. Grades will be posted as soon as possible after Sorting, for everyone who successfully sorted for VH26. (Even if something happens that we can't immediately move them on Sorting Day, no grading will be done after that date.)

As of right now, we expect to keep this schedule for future years... however, please note that we work on grading over the course of the VH year, so the fewer we have to wrap up in the last couple weeks before Sorting, the more quickly we will be able to post grades, and release certificates and prizes. Therefore, when possible, it's preferable that you don't wait until the last minute to complete yours for any future characters. We won't penalize you, of course! It will just be easier and less hectic for us to get things done in a timely manner for you and your classmates, as well as getting the forum ready for the next class. ;)

Thank you, everyone who observed the original deadline, and we hope no one had to rush too much to meet it! :wub:

#23 Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Ravenclaw

• Alumni
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

Your Graduation Ceremony has been posted! Any PHP VH26 graduates who wish may post there. :wub: Thank you all for participating this year, and best of luck at Hogwarts!

#24 Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Ravenclaw

• Alumni
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

VH26 Workbooks can now be found in the PHP Records Cabinet! Grading was completed on all of them before they were moved, and after the Sorting Ceremony, we'll post grades for everyone who successfully Sorted into VH26. Thank you all for your participation! We'll post an announcement when this is done, so keep an eye out. You are all welcome to post in the graduation ceremony, give feedback, etc. if you wish.

VH27 students, hang tight for now! We are finishing up getting your lessons and stuff ready, they'll be ready to go soon!

#25 Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Ravenclaw

• Alumni
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

ATTENTION CLASS OF VH26!

Certificates and prizes are still in the process of being sent out, so if you have not received any or all of yours yet, don't fret! You should have them very soon, and we will make an announcement when all have gone out! Thank you for your patience, in the meantime! :wub:

One thing, however! If you check your shop and notice that you have been sent a duplicate of any item from the PHP Gift Account, OR you have received something you should not have based on your grade, please PM me before accepting the wrong items and let me know what's the mistake. It's come to my attention recently that some items (particularly certificates) cannot be returned the usual way, so if there are any errors I want to make sure it gets taken care of the most appropriate way. We certainly apologize if there have been any mistakes and appreciate your understanding if this has happened to you!

The prize packages are described near the bottom of this post, if you aren't sure what you should get. If everything matches up, you're of course welcome to accept the prizes as soon as you see them in your shop.

Thanks, guys! :wub:

#26 Mrs Blithe

Mrs Blithe

Pre-Hogwarts Instructor

• Hogwarts Instructor
  • 350 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

Class of VH26

All Certificates & Shop Items should have been sent out now, so please check your shops! If you think there are any issues with your items, please PM Miss McManus or myself before accepting them, and let us know what the issue is so we can sort it out. Thank you for your patience! :wub:

Class of VH27

Prue Castellano is lovely, and has posted Sign Ups for a Water Balloon Fight! It's a great way to meet & RP with your classmates, so make sure you check it out! <333

#27 Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Ravenclaw

• Alumni
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

Hi everybody! :wub:

I noticed tonight that our Workbook Instructions still referenced VH26, when we are actually in VH27 (for PHP purposes). Looks like most of you have figured this out by now, and I'm very sorry this went unnoticed for nearly the whole year!

I did run through and edit the workbook titles I saw that said VH26, so don't be alarmed if you notice the change. :wub: However, I didn't edit anyone's homework to say VH27, so if you would like to edit those posts, you may. (We won't penalize you at grading time for not changing it or anything, but you might like your posts to show the proper year for posterity's sake. ;) )

Sorry for any confusion! <33

#28 Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Ravenclaw

• Alumni
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

CLASS OF VH27

With Sorting this Sunday, your time at PHP is drawing to a close! We hope you have enjoyed yourselves this year, and best wishes on your Hogwarts journey! It's been a pleasure being your instructors. :wub:

We will be moving the workbooks to the Records Cabinet at some point on Sorting Night, so please get them finished up before then! Although we will accept any lessons posted that day, we do not have a set time for moving the workbooks, so we recommend wrapping things up Saturday so you don't miss out on any credit! TO CLARIFY - lessons posted while the workbooks are still in the PHP Library will count for credit. Once they're moved to the Records Cabinet, all done.

Grades, Certificates, and Prizes should be posted/sent within a few weeks following Sorting, and an announcement will be made when that's all done. Please don't panic if you see some of your classmates starting to receive their items, in case there's any delay on our end between giftings!

If there is any mistake in what you receive in your shop, please PM one of us before accepting any incorrect items.

A few things to do while waiting for Sorting...

Please note that we'll also get the rest of the fudge and Mad Libs prizes out shortly! <3

CLASS OF VH28

We're looking forward to seeing you soon! :wub:

If you are not Sorting this weekend, please wait to start your workbook until the VH27 workbooks have been moved to the Records Cabinet. After that, have at it!

Edited by Miss Astrid McManus, 12 February 2014 - 05:22 AM.

#29 Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Ravenclaw

• Alumni
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

CLASS OF VH27

GRADES ARE POSTED! If you Sorted and have a workbook started/finished but don't see your name, or if you believe there is a mistake with your grade, please PM me.

Prizes and certificates have NOT started going out yet. Please be patient while we get that taken care of! We'll make an announcement when all have been sent, so until then, please don't feel we've skipped you. <3

Workbooks will be moved to the PHP Records Cabinet, I think I'm out of time for today, but that will be done soon.

CLASS OF VH28

Welcome to PHP! I wanted to share some exciting news with you--this year, we have not one but TWO gnomes joining us! Keep an eye out for Trouble and Puddle... and the other one on your candy stash, I hear they have a sweet tooth. ;) Mrs Blithe and I are so happy to welcome them to our little family, and are really looking forward to letting them run wild!

#30 Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Ravenclaw

• Alumni
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

CLASS OF VH27

An update on prizes, hooray! All certificates have been distributed. If you didn't get yours or there is any problem, please PM me.

Shop item gifts are still in the process of being sorted and sent out. Please continue to be patient if you haven't yet received your prizes, we'll post a final announcement when it's really done! Just didn't want you all to be in the dark on where we've gotten so far. ;)

CLASS OF VH28

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT, KEEP AT IT.

#31 Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Ravenclaw

• Alumni
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

CLASS OF VH27

At long last, all prizes have now been distributed! I can't apologize enough for the extended delay; you've all been outstandingly patient waiters, and we appreciate it! :wub: Check your shops and adorn your profiles with your hard-earned pretties! :D If you believe there has been any mistake with your prizes, please PM me. <3

CLASS OF VH28

If you haven't already seen the Round Robin pinned in the Park, go check it out! You can win stuff! ;)

I'd also like to take this time to wish this edition of the PHP Announcements thread a happy birthday! The first post was exactly two RL years ago today. YAY! *passes out cake and butterbeer* XDD

Edited by Miss Astrid McManus, 29 March 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#32 Mrs Blithe

Mrs Blithe

Pre-Hogwarts Instructor

• Hogwarts Instructor
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:23 AM

CLASS OF VH28

• Any one who was waiting for their Honeyduke's Fudge from Lesson 6 can check your shops! If I missed anyone, I do apologize! Shoot me a PM & I'll send yours straight away! <3

• Anyone who has posted in the Round Robin game Ms McManus was running last term since the last time Ms McManus posted, please check your shops also! <3

• For anyone who signed up for the Water Balloon Fight, it is taking place here as we speak!

• And lastly, the end of VH27 is quickly approaching! Just a reminder to everyone doing their PHP Workbooks, you have until ONE WEEK before the new Year starts to get them finished! That's still a decent amount of time to finish them up! :wub:

#33 Mrs Blithe

Mrs Blithe

Pre-Hogwarts Instructor

• Hogwarts Instructor
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:05 AM

CLASS OF VH28

• Congratulations on your Sorting! :wub:

• We've moved your workbooks & will be working on grading & sending out prizes & certificates this week & next. We will post another announcement when everything has been sent out to let you all know you can check your shops <3

• For anyone who posted in the Lesson 6 Item Claim Thread & hasn't received their fudge yet, we'll be sending that out with the the certificates & prizes. Sorry for the delay!

• And lastly, I know we're a bit late posting this, but your PHP Graduation Thread has been posted here if anyone is interested in RPing receiving their Certificate IC :wub:

CLASS OF VH29

Once we've finished clearing out the lessons & links from VH28, yours will be posted & you'll be free to begin your workbooks. Please do not post them until the lessons have been moved back.

Welcome to PHP! We're so happy to have you! :wub:

#34 Mrs Blithe

Mrs Blithe

Pre-Hogwarts Instructor

• Hogwarts Instructor
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:41 AM

CLASS OF VH29

The lessons have been posted & all the new threads & links should be up to date.
Feel free to begin your workbooks now! :wub:

CLASS OF VH28

Your workbooks are still being graded. Please be patient with us <3 And anyone waiting for shop items from the Lesson 6 claim thread or the waterfight, those will be going out when certificates and workbook prizes are sent out. :wub:

#35 Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Ravenclaw

• Alumni
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:07 PM

CLASS OF VH28

Many thanks for your patience this year; Mrs Blithe and I have been dreadfully busy with RL, but we have finally gotten all of your grades posted and are very close to having your certificates and prizes sent out. We're terribly sorry for the extended delay. Hang tight just a little longer!  

PS - anyone who was missing fudge from the VH28 claim thread should now have it. <3

CLASS OF VH29

Thank you also for YOUR patience this year! We have a few helpers and don't expect grading and prizes will take quite so long this time around (but please do continue to be patient while we sort things out).

If you have any last minute changes to your workbooks, get them done quickly as I'm planning to move them to the Records Cabinet later today. I'm not sure what time yet, so.... the sooner the better. ;) We apologize for not getting the coding lesson up to date with the new board and hope no one had issues with completing that lesson. (As long as you tried, you will get credit for the lesson.)

Your Graduation Ceremony has been pinned in Crystal Fountain Park and will be open all year, if you'd like to post, and of course the PHP Wall is open for autographs. <3

Congrats on your upcoming Sorting!! I hope you are all thrilled with your new House!

CLASS OF VH30

Please wait until VH29's workbooks have been moved to the Records Cabinet before starting yours! There may be a few changes to the lessons this year (how to do the coding/formatting lesson is a big one) but there shouldn't be any major changes to the actual lessons/homework so you don't need to wait to get started after we clear the Library. As your workbooks will be open all year, you may edit your homework at any time this year, including changing up the extra credit if we should add any additional options that you like better.

PLEASE NOTE: The lesson subtitles still say VH29, but you may still start your workbooks with these lessons. We plan to recode them over the course of the year, but for now you'll have something to work on.

Edited by Miss Astrid McManus, 14 December 2014 - 05:49 PM.
Because Astrid can't new board, derp. :P

#36 Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Ravenclaw

• Alumni
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

CLASS OF VH28

I'm very happy to announce that your certificates and prizes have been sent out! This includes those of you who were missing fudge from Lesson 6. :)

Before you accept them, please make sure you have the correct items for the prize pack corresponding to your grade--especially your certificates--and PM me if you feel there is an error before you accept them. Since certificates are so shiny and special, there is no way to return them once they get into your profile/shop, so we'll need to sort out the issue before you accept them!!!

I accidentally had one of the quills marked with the same item code as one of the inks in my spreadsheet. I caught it quickly, but I think a couple of you may have received an extra ink instead of a quill. If you did, please PM me so I can get you the right item--or, if you'd rather keep the extra ink, you may... but I'd like to update our records, so PM me anyway. ^_^

Also, I had just a couple items left over, but no way to tell if I miscounted when I was buying them or missed sending them out. If you didn't receive textbooks and should have (that's for the Present! certificate), let me know.

One final note... nearly half of the class had gone inactive by the time I got grades up. :( To save a little time on my end and not leave unclaimed items sitting in shops forever, I graded your workbook but did not send out prizes to those of you who were inactive at the time of grading. If you reactivate your character (and I hope you will!!!), please PM me and let me know you were with VH28, and I'll be very happy to get these over to you. <3333

#37 Mrs Blithe

Mrs Blithe

Pre-Hogwarts Instructor

• Hogwarts Instructor
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:07 AM

CLASS OF VH29

All certificates and prizes have been sent! If you received the wrong certificate or incorrect prizes, please DO NOT accept them, and PM me and I'll be sure to sort it out for you right away. Thank you for your patience! :wub:

#38 Mrs Blithe

Mrs Blithe

Pre-Hogwarts Instructor

• Hogwarts Instructor
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:10 PM

CLASS OF VH30

Your Graduation Ceremony has been posted here, if you'd like to post! And don't forget about our lovely wall if you'd like to post there as well!

You should all be finishing up your workbooks by now, and they'll be graded and prizes will be sent out sometime after the start of the new year. Please be patient with us <3 Also, anyone who hasn't received their Fudge from Lesson 6 should receive it with their Workbook prizes. Enjoy your Sorting Weekend! :wub:

CLASS OF VH31

Please do not start posting your Workbooks until the VH30's have all been moved to the Record Cabinet! Thank you! <3

#39 Mrs Blithe

Mrs Blithe

Pre-Hogwarts Instructor

• Hogwarts Instructor
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:56 AM

CLASS OF VH30 

Please check your shop! <3 You all should have received your Lesson 6 Fudge, as well as your Certificates and Prizes from your workbooks. I apologize again for the delay in sending those out to you!

If you believe you received the wrong certificates or prizes, please DO NOT accept them. Decline them, and send them back to me, and then PM me to let me know what the problem was, so I can sort it out for you. If you think I gave you the wrong grade or forgot to send you something you deserve, please PM as well. There are quite a lot of you, I'm certain I made a couple mistakes. 

If you were inactive when these things were sent out, they were not sent to you. I did make note of who was inactive, so if you are reactivated, PM me and I'll send you your certificates and prizes as soon as I can. 

CLASS OF VH31

Please check your shop if you've already posted in the Lesson 6 Claim Thread! <3 If you posted, but didn't receive any fudge, PM me and I'll send it to you straight away. <3 

#40 Mrs Blithe

Mrs Blithe

Pre-Hogwarts Instructor

• Hogwarts Instructor
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:48 PM

CLASS OF VH31

Your Graduation Ceremony has been posted here, if you'd like to post! And don't forget about our lovely wall if you'd like to post there as well!

You should all be finishing up your workbooks by the end of this weekend, and they'll be graded and prizes will be sent out sometime after the start of the new year. Please be patient with us <3 Also, anyone who hasn't received their Fudge from Lesson 6 should receive it with their Workbook prizes. Enjoy your Sorting Weekend!  :wub: 

CLASS OF VH32

Please do not start posting your Workbooks until the VH31's have all been moved to the Record Cabinet! Thank you! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users