Sign in to follow this  
Kole Alexander

Sure,Let's have a party!

Lance Frost
"Leave the tree alone!" She protested, standing and flailing her arms at L. "It hasn't done anything." L looked at her. Then she asked if he wanted her sweater. "Yeah." L said smiling, he stopped trying to light the tree on fire because he realized if he did this then there would be a huge forest fire and all of the would die, and L couldn't die yet. No, he still had to save the world! Looked at Ami. "Thanks." He said infering to the sweater.

Ami Johns

"No problem," Ami said smiling and handed over her sweater. "Just be careful. It hasn't been stained yet, and I would like it to stay that way." As she passed the jacket over, she fingered the hem of a sleeve and frowned. It's already fraying. What have I been doing? But this was a party of celebration, not of unhappiness or frowning. With that in mind, she quickly wiped the frown off and forced a smile on.

Tinny Valentein-Lane

Tinny laughed at Lance's antics, though she felt slightly sorry for him. Everyone was laughing at him, not with him. She wasn't laughing at his predicament, she was laughing at his atempts to light a tree on fire. "Lance, this is how you do it," she told him as he stood there shivering in Ami's sweater. She picked up two branches, both approximately equal size and length, and set them aside. Then Tinny gathered up a many sticks as she could, taking them over to the shore of the lake where there was easy access to water. After that, she went onto the outskirts of the forest and gathered up some dried leaves for tinder, dumping them onto the pile. Finally, she went back over and got her original two sticks.

Traipsing back over to the pile, she sat down and held the sticks, one in either hand, in the shape of a cross. She then commenced rubbing them briskly together in an attempt to bring a flame to life.

It wasn't working.

Ten minutes after she started, she came to that conclusion. Her arms were getting tired, and she was getting annoyed with the lack of success. "You know what?" she said finally, chucking the sticks down onto the pile and standing up. "Forget this. I know another way." She trudged down to the shore and started looking for something, straining her eyes to find the perfect specimens. Finally, after ten minutes of searching, she found what she was looking for.

She sat back down by the pile and held two rocks, one in each hand. She began striking them repeatedly together, at first getting nothing. Then, just as her patience was wearing thin, she struck it extra-hard, and the rocks produced sparks. "Yes!" she cried jubiliantly, although the sparks didn't land on her pile. "I knew this was flint!"

Tinny began hitting them together with the same renewed force. Finally, after many failed attempts, she managed to get the sparks to land on the tinder, and a small fire started. She blew gently on it, and it got bigger. "There you go," she called out jovially. "I've got our fire going!"

Jasmine Lau

Jazz raised an eyebrow at the small fire that Tinny had started. In her eyes, it was no less than a miracle, mainly because it was a place with magic so someone could have just waved their wand and presto! a fire. And also because she herself was a minor pyro and had matches in her pocket. But for obvious reasons, she never told anyone. Kind of like how she never told people about... nevermind.

"Merlin Tinny," she grinned. "You've got mad fire and survival skills, hey? Telling all those rocks apart and everything. Sure you're first attempt didn't work, but everything's a little wet, and the branches have to be completely dry for that method to work."

"And the important thing is that you kept trying and miraculously managed to start a fire using rocks that you found along a lake front. Which is crazy, but apparently works," she finished, gesturing at the fire.

"The next time someone asks me 'If you were stuck on a desert island, what would you bring?' I'm totally saying 'Tinny Valentein," joked Jazz.

Tinny Valentein-Lane

"Merlin Tinny, You've got mad fire and survival skills, hey? Telling all those rocks apart and everything. Sure you're first attempt didn't work, but everything's a little wet, and the branches have to be completely dry for that method to work. And the important thing is that you kept trying and miraculously managed to start a fire using rocks that you found along a lake front. Which is crazy, but apparently works. The next time someone asks me 'If you were stuck on a desert island, what would you bring?' I'm totally saying 'Tinny Valentein'."

Tinny laughed, eyes twinkling. "Well, the only reason I could tell those rocks apart is because I read so much. Actually, you'll never know just how useful the information in an encyclopedia is until you need it. And anyways," she said severely. "I am not a 'what'. I am definitaly a 'who'."

She looked around at them all. "So, now that we've got the fire going, nobody's coming, huh?" she called out. Then she looked back up at Jazz and said, "And it would only really be a miracle if someone had a packet of matches in their pocket and never told anyone, therefore causing us to go through all this," she said, gesturing at the rocks.

((OOC: I love irony....))

Jasmine Lau

"Well, the only reason I could tell those rocks apart is because I read so much. Actually, you'll never know just how useful the information in an encyclopedia is until you need it."

Jazz grinned. "My brother used to read the encyclopedia when he was younger, but my sister, who is his twin, was too busy going out with her friends and partying and stuff. And I used to read the encyclopedia, too, but usually I was too busy with all of my different activities. You name it, I've probably done it. I practically lived in the car, driving from place to place."

"I am not a 'what'. I am definitaly a 'who'."

"Of course not," apologized Jazz sincerely. Jokingly, she got down on her knees and clasped her hands together. "Will you ever find the heart to forgive me?" Of course, immediately afterwards, she got up and brushed her knees off, wincing. She'd forgotten about her bruises.

"So, now that we've got the fire going, nobody's coming, huh?"

Jazz chuckled. "I'll come!" she volunteered, marching over to the now-blazing fire and sitting down on a conveniently near log.

"And it would only really be a miracle if someone had a packet of matches in their pocket and never told anyone, therefore causing us to go through all this."

Jazz coughed guiltily. But of course, being Jazz, nothing that vaguely smacked of embarrassment bothered her. Obviously pulling the matches out of her pocket and tossing them down on the ground, she gasped comically. "Where'd these come from," she joked. "Imagine that... matches just sprouting out of the ground... like daisies!"

Kole Alexander
Kole looked down to watch Tinny try to make a fire.He shook his head.He wasn't laughing at L,He was laughin at him with the fire but laughing with him in the water deal.He shrugged and walked over to Alex.He wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

Alex Cohle
Alex smiled and leaned back against Kole slightly, "This is fun isn't it. L even provided a little comical entertainment." She said happily. She looked at all her friends and then led Kole over to the fire. She laughed as she saw Jazz pull matches out and said, "Nice Jazzy. Nice." She sat down next to Jazz and looked around.

Kole Alexander
Kole nodded"Yeah.Its pretty fun and funny.L always provides the entertainment."He laughed a bit.He followed Alex over to the fire.He sat down beside her and laughed at Jazz."Hey L!What did you do with the vial I gave you?The vial of some pop?"Kole asked looking at him.

Emma Sleeze

Emma watched their antics with an amused smile.

"5 galleons that K and Alex will start going out soon." she muttered quietly to herself.

Jasmine Lau

"I swear, I have no idea how those matches got there," joked Jazz, laughing with all the other random people. Hey, they always said it was better to laugh with people, rather than be laughed at.

Jazz heard Emma's mutter and leaned over.

"Aren't they already?" she whispered quietly. "I thought that was sort of the point of the party. Almost like Star and L's, you know?"

"And if they aren't... I'm probably going to meddle inadvertently," she joked.

Alex Cohle

Alex laughed at them and said, "Jazz...what are you going to meddle in? Do I want to know." She asked with a laughing smile on her face. She brushed the bangs from her face and kept smiling. It was hard not to smile when you were around friends.

"Emma...what was that you said that made Jazzy joke about meddling?" she asked. She really wanted to know what they were planning...if they were planning anything.

Jasmine Lau

Jazz threw her hands up in the air.

"Honestly, why does everyone always assume that I'm planning something," she said, pretending to be exasperated.

"I mean, a couple of incidents here and there, and all of a sudden, you've got a rep you just can't shake! Most of the time it's accidental, I swear!" laughed Jazz.

Emma Sleeze

"And if they aren't... I'm probably going to meddle inadvertently."

Emma laughed.

"I'll help you with that..."

"Emma...what was that you said that made Jazzy joke about meddling?"

"Nothing..."

"Honestly, why does everyone always assume that I'm planning something. I mean, a couple of incidents here and there, and all of a sudden, you've got a rep you just can't shake! Most of the time it's accidental, I swear!"

Emma fake coughed. "Liar."

Alex Cohle

Alex started laughing with her friends and caught Emma's fake cough, "Ok please tell me what's going on!" She was getting a bit worried. If Jazzy was going to meddle in something and Emma wasn't telling her what was going on then they were plotting something.

"You guys I am not that dumb! I can figure out when a plot is being made!" She cast a fake mad glance to Jazz and Emma. She couldn't hold it for long though and instantly broke out laughing. It was hard for her not to when she was joking around.

Jasmine Lau

"What plot?" insisted Jazz.

She grinned, on both the outside and inwardly. It was great to just spend some time with her friends, joking and relaxing... even if all they did was accuse her of plotting.

"I won't meddle on purpose, I promise," she said, attempting to reassure her fellow Hufflepuff. "And Emma's not in on any plot... because there is none!"

Turning to Emma, she narrowed her eyes. "And speaking of Emma... I am not a liar! It's seriously accidental!"

"Remember, I like to tell lies that'll be believed," she joked.

Emma Sleeze

After Alex's mini-rant, Emma grinned mischevously.

"What plot?" Emma chuckled, Jazz always seemed to know what to say.

"I won't meddle on purpose, I promise, and Emma's not in on any plot... because there is none!"

"No..." Emma reinforced, just for good mesure.

"And speaking of Emma... I am not a liar! It's seriously accidental! Remember, I like to tell lies that'll be believed."

Emma smiled, "If you say so, Jazz. If you say so..." She took another sip of her drink, looking at Jazz over her glass, ah, good old mischief.

Kole Alexander
Kole watched the three girls do what ever they were doing.He shrugged and walked back over to L."Drink the vial.It's pop.I swear.Merry Late Christmas."He said with a straight face the whole time.

Jasmine Lau

"See," cried Jazz, throwing her hands up in exasperation.

"No one ever believes me! And I have no idea why!"

Honestly bewildered, Jazz recalled a recent conversation that she'd had in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom that had been strikingly similar to this one. None of the girls participating in that conversation had believed her, no matter how much she insisted differently to their beliefs. Except, in that case, they had not believed in her faking over excitement. And in this case, everyone seemed to believe that she was plotting.

Yes, conceded Jazz. I'm a plotter. But that does not necessarily mean that I am always plotting. Criminals are not always doing criminal acts, are they. Although, perhaps that's not the best simile to make, under the circumstances. Nevertheless, the point of being a seldom believed human being still stands. Gosh, I sound like I'm in debate or something.

Shrugging mentally, she thought, Anyway, it's a good thing I don't care, or we'd have serious issues on our hands. I think the sensitivity got beaten out of my by my klutziness. But I really have to stop getting lost in my thoughts. Someday it's going to catch up to me and it won't be pretty.

Emma Sleeze

"See, no one ever believes me! And I have no idea why!"

Emma lsughed at Jazz's antics. It was quite amusing, but she decided to change to subject, well, not completely.

"So, Jazz, are you in or are you out? 5 galleons or nothing, what do you say?" Alex and Kole looked perfect for each other. But... Emma was not daft. Most of the time. She had seen some other kid, who she didn't know, also have his eye on Alex. She knew for a fact that Alex knew him. A frown momentarily crossed her face before her face returned to it's usual enjoyement of life.

But if Alex and Kole got together and broke-up, what would happen to their friendship? She hoped it wouldn't be ruined, for both of them. She also hoped that the relation would not end with a heart being broken. Emma would have sighed if it wasn't because the subject of her thoughts was right before her, but the sigh flashed in her, stubborn (because they refused to hide her inner thoughts) blue eyes.

She, however, turned her thoughts from the pair and fixed her gaze on Jazz, waiting for the girls answer.

Edited by Emma Sleeze

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.