Sign in to follow this  
Aeolis Morgana

Of Contemplation and Meetings...

Lacer Putus

The thought to make fun of her never crossed his mind. She looked radiant, happy, almost content and he couldn't help but smile. She was right, if he did the same thing he would relish the feeling for he'd done so many times before. The wind was strong, refreshing in a brutal way but he wouldn't give her the satisfaction of joining her. Lacer was quite content on watching Aeolis as her hair was whipped about by the wind, the same wind that ruffled her clothes.

"I probably would like standing up there with you," he said softly, his words nearly stolen by the harsh breeze before he quickly added, "but I wouldn't want to impose on your moment." This had to be the closest he felt to anybody at this moment in time. Aeolis was charming, she was mature, she could be captivating one moment and calculating the next. Always keeping him on his toes. He appreciated that about her. "I'm glad it's just me and you here; I don't think the others would understand..."

Aeolis Morgana

"They definitely wouldn't," the wind died down, and Aeolis fell back onto the grass, her arms still outstretched. Her hand touched Lacer's, and for some reason she jerked her hand to the side. Their closeness almost scared her. She then took a deep breath, relaxing again.

"We should do this more often. Just you and me. It's comforting in its own way, it's nice to have someone that you can really talk to. Through everything, it gets tiring, putting up that constant front all the time. Scary as it is, I feel like I can let my guard down just a peg around you. Should I?" she asked, her eyebrow raised as she turned her head to the side, looking at him.

Lacer Putus

As he felt her gaze upon him he rolled onto his side to watch her, his expression unreadable as spoke quietly, "You've no need to keep up a pretence around me. As scary as it is, I wouldn't hurt you for the world." He felt tense suddenly, the whole atmosphere surrounding them seemed tense, even the weather.

"I'm not as guarded with you as I am with others, it troubles me to end," he admitted, his dark green eyes meeting hers for an instance. As the wind faded everything seemed still for the moment as if waiting in anticipation for something other than the storm. He was as unsure now as ever he'd been and he couldn't quite pin down as to why that might be.

Aeolis Morgana

When he looked into her eyes for that fraction of a second, her heart stopped, then started again. She wasn't sure what to do, and a terrifying thought crossed her mind: She was developing feelings for Lacer. For some reason, it scared the hell out of her, because she had never been close to anyone, ever, in all of her life. She felt fragile, like the smallest disturbance could shatter her at this moment. He got to her, and what's more, he understood her. Aeolis didn't want to be let down or led on. She knew that he was flirtatious with almost every girl he knew, most of the girls in their year fawned over him, and the more she thought about it, the more scared, and dare she think it, slightly jealous, she became. She then realized that she had been holding her breath.

Just then, a raindrop hit her cheek. She exhaled finally, and chanced looking back at his face. It was going to start raining any minute, but she didn't want to go inside. She wanted to stay here, with Lacer.

"It's going to start raining soon." She said quietly, looking at his downcast eyes, almost willing him to look back at her, to make her feel like he wouldn't let her down, that he really meant what he'd said, that he "wouldn't hurt her for the world". She began realizing how stupidly she was behaving, just like the silly, little girl she thought she never wanted to be. Paranoia began to set in. Was this all a trick? she asked herself, Is this all going to end when I wake up? She mentally slapped herself out of it, deciding whether or not to put her walls and defenses back up, and looked back at him.

Edited by Aeolis Morgana

Lacer Putus

"I know," he said a little breathlessly, although he didn't know why he should be out of breath seeing as all he'd been doing was resting by the lake. He suddenly felt inadequate, nervous and he couldn't quite think of what to say. Those little witty remarks of his didn't come. The rain didn't bother him, there were other things on his mind and he wasn't quite sure how to deal with them.

"Are you going to go?" he almost whispered it, worried she might leave at the small threat of rain and he thought he might move to stop her if she tried to go back to the castle. It was like a small fear that she'd just walk away and he'd be left alone by the lake and he didn't want that to happen. Lacer felt as if he'd do anything just to ensure she stayed there on the grass through the rain. Just so long as she'd stay there with him.

After all this flirting with practically every girl he never took it seriously and now he wasn't so sure. He prayed his nervousness didn't show on the outside. Why are you nervous? She's just a girl, he tried to rationalise with himself. You talk to her all the time, why should it be different now? But try as he might he couldn't quite bring himself too think of Aeolis as 'just a girl'.

Aeolis Morgana

Aeolis clasped her hands together, that were now shaking somewhat violently. Another raindrop hit her cheek, then another.

Did he want to stay here? She didn't want to move, she knew if she moved it would ruin everything. She couldn't let that happen.

"No. Do you want me to?" She asked, not knowing if he wanted to stay out here or not. The rain was beginning to fall in a steady pace now, the droplets rolling down her face, and the smell of a rainstorm blew across her.

She took in a ragged breath, still scared out of her mind. What if he left, what if he just got up and left? At this point, she figured she would jump up and run after him. For some reason she felt like she had to be here, needed to stay. She almost stopped breathing when she realized, she needed him.

She looked back at his face, his eyes still downcast. She stared hard at his eyes, willing him to look at her, give her any sign of what he wanted.

(OOC - I'll be right back, quick shower before classes)

Edited by Aeolis Morgana

Lacer Putus

He felt her gaze upon him again and willed himself to try and look at her. This was one of the most unsettling experiences he'd had but it wasn't bad. Well it wasn't bad yet. He shook his head a little, "No, please don't go."

It wasn't an order like he was accustomed to giving, it was a request. There was a slight pleading tone in his voice as he met her gaze, looking a little more determined.

A little battle was raging inwardly and he couldn't quite figure out which side was winning. He'd forgotten the chilling rain that was hammering down lightly on his skin. They were alone. There was no one but them there and he was thankful for that. He summoned all of the courage he had within him, he couldn't help but look a little unsure which was desperately unlike him.

He moved towards her, expecting a slap around the face any minute now but life was about taking risks. He wasn't going to let a little bout of emotion stifle what he wanted and right now, he knew what he wanted. He leaned over her, watching her with a calm expression waiting for any indication that she might want this too as he brought his hand to the side of her face, lacing his fingers into her soft hair.

Aeolis Morgana

At his touch, she gasped, and stopped breathing entirely. She closed her eyes, relishing in the feeling of his hand running through her hair. When she opened her eyes again, his were boring into her, almost asking her what she wanted. Aeolis had never been in a situation like this before, and she thanked Merlin that they were the only ones out here.

The rain was falling hard now, the downpour had started, her robes were soaked, and it was probably cold, but she knew that wasn't why she was shivering.

Cautiously, she reached her hand up to touch his face. There was a small part of her that still waited for him to pull away, to jerk back from her. She wondered what everyone would think if this went any further. An amusing thought then passed through her mind: How am I going to sit quietly through classes with him?

His hair was wet and hanging in his face, and she brushed some of it off over his eyes, then brought her hand back to his face, looking at him, and blinking through the raindrops that fell into her eyes.

(OOC - If I'm off, I'm driving to class, but I'll be back on in about 45 minutes, probably 3:15 your time...)

Edited by Aeolis Morgana

Lacer Putus

He took a deep ragged breath, his heart felt like it was in his throat. He wondered if she could hear it. At her touch he froze a little, nervousness sinking back in and he wasn't quite sure what he was doing, or even if what he was doing was right. He didn't want to lose Aeolis as a friend but they were both mature enough to deal with eachother, or so he hoped. He half wanted to drag himself away and escape the situation but knew it wasn't a possibility. He felt as if bats were flapping around in his stomach rather than butterflies and he knew that trying to say anything was useless as no words came to mind.

He felt rain drip from his hair and trickle down his neck. He didn't dare look away from her at this moment. Lacer was scared than someone might catch them, interrupt them and then he'd never get this chance again. He was determined that he was not going to let that happen.

Without any further warning he moved towards her, pressing his lips against hers and kissing her softly. He felt the cold rain sinking through his clothes and tickling the back of his neck but for the moment that didn't exist, only they did.

Aeolis Morgana

Aeolis's pulse jumped madly when he kissed her. It shocked her, but at the same time, she had expected it. And that was it, whatever remained of the walls she had in place came crumbling down, and she clung to him, feeling that if he were to leave her now, she'd never be whole ever again.

He was gentle with her, and she was thankful for that. Quite frankly, she had no idea what she was doing, as he was her first kiss. She smiled inwardly at the realization that Lacer would be the first person she would be involved with, after all of their petty fights and arguments.

Out of fear that someone would catch them, reluctantly she pulled away gently. As she looked into his eyes, she shot her gaze downward and smiled sheepishly, which was entirely unlike her. She then lifted her face again, and a million questions came to mind, but the most important one was, "what now?".

"So..." Aeolis didn't have a damn clue as to what to do now, "Um...not to sound entirely cliched, but...what do we do now?" she smiled sheepishly again, looking at her feet. She hoped, prayed, to the powers that be that this wasn't just some momentary, passing thing...

(OOC - I ended it cuz I don't think we're allowed to go really far with it, apparently there can only be like, small simple kisses and stuff, no snogging and whatnot lol...)

Edited by Aeolis Morgana

Lacer Putus

Relief flooded through his system when she'd clung to him but the kiss seemed to end too soon and she pulled away avoiding his gaze. He wondered if he'd done something wrong but before he could say anything she spoke.

"I...," he began. He hadn't actually thought that far into the future. "Well...I guess...do you want to go out with me?" He couldn't really say he'd had a girlfriend before. Then again before now he hadn't kissed anyone before. He felt horribly vulnerable. He set himself up to expect that worst, that way it wouldn't be too much of a dissapointment if she said no.

He wanted her to say yes, a small little hope bubbled up inside of him and he could see them riding through the countryside on Lestat and childish things like going to Hogsmead together in their third year. Valentines days and all those horrible things he vowed he'd never get involved in. Then again he never thought he'd feel like this.

(OOC: Hah, yeah, rules are rules despite the RP, I think we should write a romance novel! Lol.)

Edited by Lacer Putus

Aeolis Morgana

(OOC - the sad part? I write romance stories in my spare time, this should prove to be rather interesting...hehehe)

With his question, Aeolis shot her eyes back to him, not believing that he'd actually said something like that. Without thinking, she blurted out "Yes!", and then dropped her eyes again, color creeping up her face. She started having ridiculous visions of them walking hand in hand down the corridors, gazing at stars together, riding horses at her home, all the little things she used to think were ridiculous, but now couldn't wait for.

She was losing it, officially and completely.

She took her free hand and laced her fingers in his, and looked back to him, wiping the wet hair out of his face again with a giggle.

"We're definitely soaked, thoroughly," she said, smiling, noticing that the rain was beginning to lessen, "So...when people ask, and they will because we're in Slytherin, the house where everyone knows everything about everyone, what do you want to say, do you want to keep it quiet, or do you not care if everyone knows?" Aeolis had no idea if she wanted to tell people or not. Her mind was warring with itself, the one half wanting to keep it secret and sacred, the other half wanting to run through the halls screaming it out. People would find out, and keeping it secret would mean always having guarded looks and conversations in front of people. Which could be interesting, but she knew it couldn't stay quiet for long. This was Hogwarts afterall.

Lacer Putus

Lacer couldn't help but grin, a smug little triumphant smile fought away all of that remaining nervousness. "Oh, we can't keep this a secret no matter how much we can try. Don't you want to brag about me?"

He squeezed her hand gently, he couldn't help but feel happy. Lacer thought she looked like a goddess, lying back in the wet grass, raindrops falling around her. "Merlin, I'm not taking very good care of my girlfriend am I?" He chided himself, "You're soaked through, lying on damp grass and all because of me." He wanted to pick her up and take her into the Slytherin Common Room and place her by the fire, keep her warm, protect her.

It felt strange saying the word 'girlfriend', but it was nice, as if he and Aeolis belonged to one another. He could just see them snuggled up by the fireplace, joking and laughing, probably about torturing Hufflepuffs. At this moment in time he didn't want any body else aside from her. It just felt perfect. As if it was meant to be somehow.

(OOC: Hah, well it'll be a new thing for me. I've never written romance, let alone from a boy's perspective!)

Aeolis Morgana

Aeolis laughed at his comment. "Well then, shall we walk through the corridors and blatantly flaunt each other? After we warm up of course." she raised an eyebrow at him. It was perfect, in all honesty, she decided she couldn't wait to tell everyone.

"I just had a delicious thought," she said with a grin, "Where, oh where, is our dear Ruby?" she asked him, giving him a quick kiss.

(Do you wanna start a new thread somewhere or something? lol)

Lacer Putus

He didn't know whether it was the kiss or the thought of flaunting Aeolis that made his grin grow wider, "Hah, you still think she has a crush on me? Pfft, I highly doubt it. But my dear, if you truly want to make her jealous I shall comply." He stood up, extending a hand to her to help her up.

"I'm going to drag you inside and get you warmed up by whatever means possible," he said as he raised his eyebrow, allowing the sentance to be interpretted in any way even though it was probably entirely innocent and probably just meant holding hands.

(Sure, make one and PM me.)

Aeolis Morgana

The next day, Aeolis went back to the Lake. She sat under a tree right by the edge and stared out over the water's surface. She hadn't slept much last night, and her head was still spinning with a million and a half thoughts and questions.

Suddenly the squid broke the surface, and she could have sworn that it waved at her with one of its tentacles. She shook her head, thinking she must have been hallucinating.

She laid back onto the grass, and stared up into the tree's limbs, which were nearly bare with the coming of winter. It was a grey day, and the air was chilly. She wrapped her robes tight around herself and closed her eyes. Aeolis tried to clear her head again, taking deep breaths and trying to picture Lestat. It didn't want to work this time, so instead she just lay there, her head still spinning. Opening her eyes, she couldn't restrain the small grin that played on her lips as she remembered their kiss yesterday. It had been the way she had pictured it when she was younger, but mentally she quelled the memory, trying to keep a straight face, afterall, it was a heat of the moment thing, and the whole world could change in a minute.

On the one hand though, all of this time not being able to sleep had allowed her to put up some of her walls again. She had done it carefully and methodically, and refused to let anyone too far in. She realized how vulnerable she had been yesterday, and rightfully so, but she couldn't remain that way, much to her dismay.

She hadn't seen Lacer since last night during their zoo moment, and wondered if he had as many questions as she did. At this point, their relationship was almost causing more problems than it was worth. Her first priority still remained academic success, and if this was going to get in the way...At this point, Aeolis decided to just let the chips fall where they may.

Edited by Aeolis Morgana

Aeolis Morgana

Heavily frustrated, Aeolis walked down to the lake. 60 house points?! She was torn whether or not it was too much, or if they deserved it. She decided that if they were that stupid to be caught out of bounds, then that was their fault, and also, all of their high and mighty talk needed to be slapped down a peg.

Finding a tree, she swung herself up into its branches and looked out onto the lake. Taking out the crackers she had brought with her, she leaned her head against the tree and straddled the branch. Suddenly, the water stirred below her, and she saw a tentacle just under the surface. Cautiously she took out a cracker and dropped it into the water, and the tentacle snatched it up. She giggled and waited to see if the tentacle would come back. A few moments later, the tentacle was back, only this time it was out of the water, snaking its way up towards her. Taking another cracker out, she held it out to the left, and instead, the tentacle reached across and grabbed her handful of crackers and whipped itself under water.

"That git!" She cried, sitting there, still holding the single cracker in her left hand, her other hand slimed from the tentacle. "Fine, take it you greedy prat!" she yelled out.

She sighed heavily, and leaned her head back once again. She looked up at the branches above her, and saw a crow perched at the top branch. There were certain people that she would love to see have that crow go and peck out their eyes. Perhaps she'd buy one of those when the shops open. There would be plenty of blind people at Hogwarts then.

Turning her attention back towards the lake, the squid broke the surface of the water, and its tentacle wiggled in her direction as if to say thank you. "Slimy thing." Aeolis muttered under her breath, her stomach growling at her.

Suddenly she nearly lost her balance, someone was shaking the branch she was sitting on.

Saereana Stone

Saereana watched the Squid steal the crackers out of Aeolis's hand and she giggled to herself. To bad it didn't take her with it. She decided it was about time to talk to her and see what she could get out of the girl. She quietly snuck up the tree and began to violently shake the branch Aeolis was sitting on.

"How goes it Roomie? I see you made a new friend. Perhaps you should take a swim with him?"

She smiled slyly as she shimmied out on another branch. She adjusted her robes and then leaned back on the trunk of the tree and looked out on the lake.

Aeolis Morgana

"Ha ha ha, Reana. As much as I enjoy swimming, I'd rather save that for a body of water without a giant squid," Aeolis was glad that it was Saereana shaking the branch, and not someone like Raine or Lacer. She really didn't want to listen to them anymore. She might vomit if she saw them again.

"I suppose I'm doing well, yourself? Anything interesting happen to you to break up the monotony of this place? I'm about to die of boredom here."

Saereana Stone

Saereana gazed out on the lake as she began speaking,

"Well, actually I got a letter from my housekeeper saying that my mother might come visit the school. I can't understand why, it isn't like she cares what I am doing here. Hell she doesn't even care about me. I am the poster child for her drunk little world she lives in. I don't know really. I just wish they would leave me alone. I have survived this long without her. Why does she have to come here?"

Saereana didn't look at Aeolis in the hopes that she wouldn't see the lie that was hidden in her words. She fained a sigh and fell silent.

Aeolis Morgana

Aeolis sighed, thinking about her family, "Gotta love families, always there to remind you of what you have to come home to. Either that, or they're never there to remind you of what you're missing." She still had yet to hear from her father. She guessed he was probably in the States at this point on a business trip, again. However, she was surprised that she hadn't heard from her mother, who tended to write drunken notes to her late at night when she needed someone to complain to. The way Aeolis saw it, she married him, knowing full well that he valued his career over all else. Her fault, not Aeolis's.

"I swear, the only thing I miss about home is my horse. As far as I'm concerned, I don't really have a family. I just live with those people, and of course eat their food out of spite." Aeolis grinned at her.

Saereana Stone

Saererana sighed again, nothing yet she thought. She was going to have to pull a little harder this time. She worked her voice into a slightly agitated sounding sadness and continued,

"I don't even get to eat their food. I was surprised Racine even warned me, she hates me as much as my folks. She used to lock me in the old food storage celler whenever she wanted to go out. If it wasn't the storage celler it was just lock in my room until she figured out I could sneak out my window, that is when she nailed my windows shut and took away the candles that lit the room. I don't know, something must be up for her to be warning me. I just wish I could put my finger on it."

Saereana hoped her story would prove to be a little more helpful she wasn't sure how much further she could take it. She would however file away the fact that Aeolis loved her horse very much. Perhaps that could come in handy at some point.

Aeolis Morgana

Dark rooms. Not fun. Aeolis's grandmother, whom she didn't consider her grandmother at all, used to "babysit" her when she was younger. If babysit meant locking the child in a dark room, then yes.

"Dark closets, hm? Sounds an awful lot like my grandmother. Perhaps they should have a little get-together and talk about the various ways to torture children. My grandmother was quite proficient at it," Aeolis shuddered at the memories, "When I was much younger, too young to defend myself or escape her grasp, my grandmother used to 'babysit' me. She'd be fine for the first hour, but then she'd become annoyed with me, and to get rid of me, she had this one dark room that she would put me in. No windows, only a door, and it was always stifling hot in there. It wouldn't have bothered me if she had just left me there, but no. She would make it so that there were strange noises and things that would scare me. I had to endure it for two years, and I finally figured out a way to escape her. When my parents gave me my horse, I would ride it to her house, that way when she would try to lock me in the room, I would bolt, and run off with Lestat for hours until my parents came to collect me again. Most of the time, I would stay out in the woods all night long with him. Being out in the night air calmed me...but that room...never again." Aeolis couldn't wait to get home to her horse, she hated being away from him, she felt like she was betraying him. She owed him her sanity, he had saved her so many times.

Saereana Stone

She filed away tidbits as Aeolis spoke, realizing that some of this would work well for later. She thought this information would be good to pass onto Raine for Saereana knew the other girl's love for putting people in dark places. She continued nodding as the girl spoke. When she finished Saereana turned toward her.

"I know what you mean. I miss my horse too. He's my familiar. I wish I could have brought him to Hogwarts but alas as far as things go there was no place for him. I am working on that. I am afraid that if I can't bring him then I am going to have to get another animal for school so I have something to talk to besides the stupid people that go here . . . no offense to present company."

She added quickly for fear the other girl might stop talking.

"Maybe Racine should meet your grandmother they can exchange tips. Although I am not sure if I would want to see what they came up with."

Saereana wanted more from the girl but wasn't sure if she could get it now, she didn't want Aeolis to suspect anything.

Aeolis Morgana

"On second thought, I'm with you. We'll keep them separate at all costs. If you find a way to bring your horse to school, please let me know. I'd love to bring Lestat, he hates being home alone. No one can ride him but me, and he sits in his stall. I'm surprised he hasn't broken out to come find me. I have a very strong connection with him, and I can tell he's annoyed at being in his stall all day. The bloody stable boy hasn't been letting him out, and he will be reprimanded for that when I get home. Lazy little squib. He was never useful for anything except a verbal punching bag. Why my father keeps him around is absolutely beyond me." Aeolis huffed in frustration as she stared out onto the lake once more, pictures of her horse running, or rather, galloping through her mind.

"So what is your horse like? Mine is a Friesian stallion, he's six years old."

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.