New students: when you go to fill out the Sorting Form, we recommend you switch to another theme. Right now the form is not very easy to read on Castle theme. You can find the theme switcher at the bottom left corner of every page.

• Announcements

• Weasley

How to get sorted   05/13/2017

To find the Sorting Form, click on the "Sort Me!" tab at the top of the page.    Before you go to fill out the form, make sure that you have a username that follows our rules. If you don't, your form will be rejected. You can change your name once yourself, by going to Account Settings -> Display Name. If you've already used your one change, you can request a name change in this topic. Be sure to read the first post in the topic carefully so we can get you updated without any back and forth.   Don't rush to answer the form! There's no prize for sending it in first. Please take your time and fill out the form thoughtfully, so the hat will have the information it needs to put your character in the right house.     Calendar: Sorting Form appears: Saturday, May 13th Sorting Form closes: Friday, June 9th (No forms will be accepted after this date) The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, June 11th, about 10am Central Time You find out your new house: Sunday, June 11th, 11 am Central Time First day of the new school year: Monday, June 12th   (For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)   How to get sorted:   1. Register with a name that follows our rules. The registration agreement explains the rules about names. You can also find them in the Rules.   2. Remember you may only send in one form total for this school year. If you send forms in from multiple accounts, we will not sort ANY of them. Then we have to feel bad about not sorting you. Don't make us feel bad, please.   3. Click on the Sort Me tab and fill out the sorting form as thoroughly as possible. The better we understand your character, the more likely we can put you in the right house. See "How to use the form" below if you're confused. For some in depth information on each house, please check out this topic on sorting. (Note: After you fill out the form, a copy will be PMed to you. Please save that because we delete them from our system after sorting.)   4. Wait for a PM from the Sorting Hat. Be patient, it could take a few days. If you don't receive a PM from the Sorting Hat within 4 or 5 days, contact one of the moderators.   5. If your form is: Accepted: Congratulations! You should now go post in the Sorting Ceremony topic in the New Member resources forum. This is very important. This post is where you'll go to find out what the Sorting Hat had to say about you. Don't skip this step! Rejected: Don't worry, you can still be sorted. Be sure to read the reasons for the rejection carefully, then edit your form (just click on the Get Sorted! link again) to fix the problem. Once you've done that, you can send the form in again. 6. That's it! Once you've gotten your acceptance letter AND posted in the Sorting Ceremony, you're all set. You'll find out where the Sorting Hat put you on Sorting day when you can check the Great Hall for the edited Sorting Ceremony.   How to use the form: The form is pretty straightforward and user friendly. Here are a couple tips: You don't need to fill the whole thing in at one sitting. You can finish one page at a time and save it. Then finish the rest later. Don't use your browser's Back or Forward buttons. Use the buttons in the form to Navigate.  If you don't fill out all the questions on a page, you can't save or move on. If you don't meet the word number requirements in the In Depth section, you can't submit the form. Use the "Check Word Count" buttons to see how many words you've used. If you fill in the wrong answers on the quiz page, you won't be able to submit the form. After you've submitted the form, you can't access it anymore. But if your form is rejected, you'll be able to see it again with your old answers still filled in. Still have questions? Ask here.    Note: Section I: Short Answer Please include a brief explanation with each answer. I'd like to remind you all to include an explanation with all the short answer questions. The answers to those questions aren't very useful for sorting unless you explain them.   Otherwise, we don't have enough information to sort you with. (Translation: we'll have to reject it.)     Many thanks as always to Arianna Wright for her hard work revising and updating the form and to Faraz Memon for initially coding it many years ago. <3
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gullveig

Hufflepuff House Table

271 posts in this topic

"Ohhh dragons!" Kat exclaimed happily, holding up a piece of meat to coax them closer. They were so tiny and adorable. It was a good thing though that she happened to look at her cat because. . . "IGOR! Spit the dragon out of your mouth! No, bad kitty!"

The parchment seal was intact as Gary approached the Hufflepuff table. He had two deliveries to make and offered the first one to its intended recipient.

HI DOTTIE,

HOW ARE YOU? I WANTED TO SAY I'M SORRY FOR WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE BOOTH, AND I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CONSIDERATE FOR YOUR FEELINGS BECAUSE... YOU FANCY MERCUTIO, DON'T YOU? I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOU AND I HOPE WE CAN STILL BE FRIENDS.

ADDISON

PS. HE REALLY CAN TAKE US BOTH FOR A RIDE ON HIS BROOMSTICK IF YOU STILL WANT. IT'S REALLY BIG AND ROOMY.

The second letter he had to deliver had some corrections that only showed up as slight smudges on the parchment. Gary tossed it with half-arsed aim at the recipient.

DEAR MERCUTIO,

YOU ARE THE
BEST WORST BOYFRIEND EVER. THAT DATE YOU TOOK ME ON THE OTHER DAY WAS AMAZING STUPID, AND THANKS FOR ALL THE PRESENTS YOU BUY ME FROM HOGSMEADE THE TOILET STORE! ANY GIRL WOULD BE UNLUCKY TO HAVE YOU, BUT IF THEY'RE THINKING ABOUT TRYING SOMETHING, THEY BETTER BACK OFF BEFORE THEY'RE ON THE WRONG END OF YOUR WAND SINCE I GAVE YOU TROLL WARTS. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, YOU AMAZINGLY HANDSOME OVERRATED AND UNTALENTED AND FINANCIALLY SOLICITED BOYFRIEND OF MINE. THIS IS JUST THE FIRST OF MANY THE LAST TIME WE'LL BE CELEBRATING TOGETHER AS A COUPLE IN LOVE.

HEARTS AND HUGS AND KISSES AND MORE
HEARTS TROLL WARTS,
ADDISON TOFT

Edited by Gary Youdle

"Ohhh my gosh, Braxton look at all the cute little ickles!" Bailey squealed as she watched them pour on down from the stage to the Hufflepuff House table. "I wonder which one we will be mentoring?!" If they were grouped together... which they better be~

"Congrats on getting Hufflepuff, you'll love it here, I'm sure," she told one first year.

Kitty looked over at the pretty girl beside her smiling bashfully. “Oh, why thank you.” She said as she nodded at the girl. “I’m very happy to be here. I’d be happy in any house actually, but particularly glad to be here. Mum said Hufflepuffs were terribly kind people.”

“ My name is Catherine,” Kitty said as she offered the older girl her hand.

Bailey chuckled. "I'd like that to be true for all Hufflepuffs, but each one of us is very... unique. Some... more unique than others."

She took Catherine's hand and gave it a firm shake. "Nice to meet you Catherine, my name is Bailey. Bailey Batby."

Ah, to be a first year again. Wide-eyed, fresh, and innocent. Hogwarts wasn't all treats and sunshine, but Catherine would learn that eventually. For now, Bailey hoped she would show the first years a bit of kindness and love.

"Which class are you most looking forward to? I know in my first year, flying was definitely my favorite." Bailey reached for a piece of pumpkin pie.

Delia took her place at the Hufflepuff table, but there was still an apparent pout on her face. "What in merlin's beard matches with yellow?! I can't wear yellow! I'm...just look at me! I'm a summer! I can't wear yellow and black!" Well, the black wasn't so bad....

She decided to eat some fruit and contemplate her miserable life now.

Cordelia couldn't believe her luck. Her best friend in the whole entire world was at the table with the yellow people that she was supposed to sit at. What were the odds of that? Having blown off her mathematics studies once she found out she off to magic school, Cordy had no idea, but that didn't stop her from pouncing on her bff.

"Delia!" Cordelia squealed before lunging herself at her name twin. "We're in the same house! Isn't this perfect? We can spend like everyday together and be the best friends everyone wants to be and, oh by the way, his is Mr. Spoony and he's kinda awesome." After squealing a few more times the ickle finally realized Delia from her grasp and plopped down at the table.

Kinley smiled at the two girls whom had just been sorted into Hufflepuff along with her, determined to make the best of a poor situation.

"Hello! My name is McKinley Westbrook," Kinley offered her hand. "Soo, I suppose we will be spending a LOT of time together over the next few years, then." She looked at them, not sure how she should feel about this fact. The one girl looked relatively normal, but the other.. could maybe use some work.

Edited by McKinley Westbrook

It was a bit exciting to watch the ickle firsties coming in this year. The mood was a bit more upbeat than last thanks to a somewhat uneventful summer. Kat looked to see if any friends were seated yet. She saw Chiron at his table and waved and spotted Lil at the Gryffindor table and managed to go over and say hi before she really had to get to her own seat. Soon enough, it was time for all the first years to come in for the sorting and she watched and cheered for each new Hufflepuff.

It was going to be a good year, right?

It was odd to already be sitting at the table right from the beginning of the night. Alice smiled. What a change from last year. It had a good summer but she was happy to be back at school and able to use magic again and see her friends. She spotted London and Wally over at their house table and waved to them.

There wasn't much time for conversation with housemates as the first years were led in and sorting began. Alice clapped and cheered for each new Hufflepuff as the Sorting Hat sent them to their new houses. Alice felt like it was going to be a good year.

Fiona couldn't have felt more differently about the sorting this year. Last year she'd been up there waiting to try on the hat, lonely and scared and crushed when all her friends had gone to Ravenclaw except for her. This year she was decked out in her nicest set of Hufflepuff robes, enthusiastically clapping and cheering each time the Sorting Hat sent a new first-year to her house. While she was still closest to her boys in blue, she certainly recognized and liked lots of her housemates, and she also knew that Hufflepuff was the exact right place for her to be.

She caught sight of Alice nearby and gave her fellow second-year a familiar smile and a wave, indicating how far they'd come since they shared a dumbfounded moment of vulnerability together last year.

Then she noticed that Bones had escaped her pocket and was making his way up to the tabletop. Hastily she scooped some green beans off her plate and offered them to him. The ickles definitely would not like the sight of a rat on the tabletop, and Bones would not think twice about eating off of peoples' plates.

Norma had made a mistake. A grave mistake.

See, she had picked up this miniature figurine as she walked past the Hufflepuff table before breakfast. Eyes narrowed as she surveyed it, contemplating whether it might be best to confiscate the tiny little bag or toss it back to the students in the hopes it might find its rightful owner. Unfortunately, for Norma, her decision to toss it in the general direction of the House Table hadn't quite paid off that morning.

She threw the tiny little object, and moments later a giant tent was erected atop all of the foods and the plates. Wide eyed, with the knowledge very little surprised her these days, Norma sprung into action.

"First student to put the tent down will get house points!" she hollered.

There is also a prize up for grabs to be randomly given to people who interact!!!

There she was minding her own business eating her breakfast and the next thing she knew there was a tent on the table. Hogwarts was weird.

Her direct route to the sausages was not blocked by a rouge piece of camping equipment, and this was something that could not stand in her world. Nothing would block her second and thirds of processed meats, so the ickle shoved her lasts sausage link in her mouth before clambering up onto the table to remove the obstacle.

One minute she was on a mission the next minute she was laying facedown on the tent. It could have been a rouge hard-boiled egg that caused her current predicament, but in all reality it was probably her own foot that was the culprit. All she knew for sure was that something moist was creeping through the tent and onto her clothes.

"Professor Po, does it count if I just squished the tent?" she inquired followed by a silent prayer of please, please, please.

No. Fine.

Now came the issue of standing up, which turned out to be far more challenging than it should have. Every move she made the internal structure of the tent threatened to fling her off and onto the Slytherin table. Between the platters and pitchers of various juices beneath her and tent acting like an under filled waterbed, there was no hope for her to make it out of this gracefully and probably not in one piece either. "Professor Po, I'm just going lay here, and pretend the tent is gone. Okay?"

Edited by Cordelia Waldegrave

Izzy had been the picture of innocence, minding his own business as he stretched over the table to grab a pitcher of pumpkin juice when the world suddenly came crashing down on him.

The world felt suspiciously like a large canvas with pointy parts.

The pitcher he'd been reaching for had shattered on impact, soaking his sleeve in pumpkin juice as he struggled to get up. He would have done it too, had it not been for those meddling kids someone landing on his back and forcing his face into a platter of chicken wings.

"Hnnggggmmmmmooooowwww," Izzy moaned eloquently, his back cracking ominously. "Gerroff!"

Oh, so that's why it was so squishy.

"Stop moving then, so I can get off," she yelled at the mysterious voice emanating from below multiple layers of canvas and rods. Doing her best to shimmy herself off of the mysterious lump of person the ickle was doing fine reached the edge of Izzy's body and rolled down across the table. Knocking anything still standing in her path over.

"Ewwww," she groaned, "Why am I sticky?"

Edited by Cordelia Waldegrave

Fiona was only experiencing light nerves, considering that Kacie was about to get sorted. She knew that Kacie didn't really have her sights set on Hufflepuff, but then neither had Fio herself as a first-year. If her younger sister got into Hufflepuff, she could surely learn to love it too.

Without being able to hear anything from the hat, the suspense was horrible, but before long it sent Kacie....away to Gryffindor. Fiona gave a short whistle and clapped, watching Kacie go to sit with her new housemates. It was a little disappointing for Fiona, but she'd never say so to her own sister. Gryffindor was what Kacie had wanted, Fiona would try to be happy about that.

As for the chaotic blur of sorting night, well, Fiona's big sister instincts were buzzing but Kace could take care of herself.

The hat moved onto the next sort and Fiona heaved a sigh and turned back to her housemates. Instinctively she glanced around for Alice.

Morty had been watching the sorting with mild interest and some applause. He was supposed to watch for a cousin of his that was being sorted. He didn't really know the boy but his mum did. When the food it arrived it looked wonderful. His own mother was not much of a cook and they didn't own their own house elf so the food over the summer hadn't been anything compared to the school's.

Suddenly the Hufflepuff table was encased in a tent. There was some squishing and sticky spilling going on but Morty ignored all that . The tent was awesome. "We have the best house table of anyone. " he said to his fellow Hufflepuffs. He heard Professor Po offer house points to take the tent down, but why would they want to do that. Morty picked up his plate and spoon just so he wouldn't lose his food. "Nobody take the tent down . " he said . "The tent is great!"

Alice would have joined Fiona immediately had this been a normal sorting night (please note use of the term normal is very loose when used in relation to sorting night) but thanks to events of the summer, it wasn't quite normal for Alice. But, thankfully, she had a chance to talk things out and found out all was well between her and London.

Once London went back to the Ravenclaw table, Alice made her way to where her best friend was sitting. "Hi Fiona. Sorry. Didn't mean to be so long getting here. How was your summer?" she asked, feeling much better than she had when she boarded the train that morning.

"Excuse me, could pass the potatoes? Oh, and the ham. And, sorry, and the brussel sprouts?"

It hadn't even been a week and he had already forgotten of his mothers cooking. Every meal was something different and wonderful; he made sure to stop into the kitchens and sing praises to the house elves. They were never quiet sure how to respond, poor things.

Talus Rex had never been a child to seek out second helpings. It was good to pace yourself, to not over eat. Those rules were floating away with every bite.

"Wait, do all the tables get different food?" His eyes lingered on Syltherin's pile of turkey "Do we have that here?" He was so over whlemed by the food that he forgot to ask which was he would need to head to make it to Herbology.

It was going to be a long day. Though, to be fair, most were for Lydia. She was not the stereotypical 'Hufflepuff' first year. Most of the other Hufflepuffs were bouncy and bright and lovely like her best friend Rowan, or her new roommate Emily. Lydia was a grumpy, solitary sort who much preferred to emote through arts and crafts. Her language was short, gruff and without eloquence.

When she arrived to the Great Hall for breakfast she noted with some disappointment that there weren't any seats not directly next to or across from someone else. Hopefully she could sink down low enough in her chair that she wouldn't have to socialize with anyone. Magical people were hella weird.

She slid into a space on the bench as unobtrusively as possible and proceeded to stuff her face as quickly as possible so she could make good her escape from a potentially social situation.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0