Marigold Whitaker

Slytherin

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 994 posts
  • Quidditch Points:210
  • Wizard Points:128

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

This site has been amazing! It's such a welcoming, loving community I had to chip in a little bit. It's not much, but it's what I can afford right now. <33 Keep it up, VH!

omg die sig :@

Edited by Marigold Whitaker, 08 March 2015 - 03:15 PM.

#142 Taisce N. Tawni

Taisce N. Tawni

Slytherin

• Alumni
  • 1,405 posts
  • Quidditch Points:620
  • Wizard Points:326

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

Purchased a pre-paid credit card just to donate to VH whenever I could <3

I'm sorry I can't afford more, but I thank you for being a wonderful place for 5 years now.

Love you mods, love the peoples, love this place.

Heartfelt donation!

#143 Sophie Downes

Sophie Downes

Hufflepuff 7th Year

• Hufflepuff Prefect
  • 2,063 posts
  • Quidditch Points:560
  • Wizard Points:348

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:53 AM

Words can not express the extent of my gratitude to this site, the moderators, staff, and every single person on this site who makes VH the wonderful experience it is <3

Tomorrow marks 5 RL years since I stumbled on this site.  I've sent a little something to mark 5 RL Years.  Thank you, VH <3

p.s. it's been a while since I last did this- I hope I sent it right, if not lol sorry, but please send me a PM and I'll try again 

#144 Weasley

Weasley

Ginger-in-chief

• Root Admin
  • 3,393 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:05 AM

I want to apologize for leaving the donation sidebar go without updates for a few months. I didn't mean to rob you of the satisfaction of seeing the percentage rise as you donated. I should be able to tend to it soon after donations come in again now.

The good news is we're nearly covered for 2016! We only need $14 more and we'll be set.  You guys have been so generous. Thank you so much for helping keep VH going for everyone to use.  

P.S.: I emailed a few of you who didn't give me your character's name. If you donated and don't see your character's name on the Donor list - and want it there - please check your email and write me back with their name. <3

Edited by Weasley, 27 September 2015 - 02:59 AM.
We're all set now! Thank you!

#145 Bryce Gravenor

Bryce Gravenor

Gryffindor

• Alumni
  • 450 posts
  • Quidditch Points:200
  • Wizard Points:90

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:12 PM

I guess I'm starting 2017.

Aw yiss.

B)

But ye, long overdue. 

#146 Phaedra Wayland

Phaedra Wayland

Slytherin

• Alumni
  • 2,925 posts
  • Quidditch Points:604
  • Wizard Points:400

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

I just wanted to say I donated a little while ago ($10?!) for 2017 and I forgot to put my name on the donation. SORRY. BUT HAVE LOVE VH. <333

#147 Kelly Ashcroft

Kelly Ashcroft

Slytherin 6th Year

• Slytherin Prefect
  • 2,247 posts
  • Wizard Points:343

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:19 AM

I don't think my VH name was on the donation (pls don't list my real name lol) but I just donated. I LOVE YOU VH!

#148 Dorothy Talbot

Dorothy Talbot

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 4th Year
  • 1,176 posts
  • Quidditch Points:380
  • Wizard Points:147

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

I just donated too but forgot to include my characters name in the notes lmao im dumb.

Love you VH, thank you for existing and merry christmas <3

Edited by Dorothy Talbot, 10 December 2016 - 08:08 PM.

#149 Weasley

Weasley

Ginger-in-chief

• Root Admin
  • 3,393 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

Regarding our server funds:

I stupidly miscalculated what we'd need for 2016 and 2017. (Details below if you're interested).

Result, we were short $45.94 for 2016. 

That came out of our budget for 2017, so we're short that, plus more for 2017. But we've got plenty for now - enough to pay the fees through August at the current rate. 

I'm not asking for donations to cover the difference right now. I'm going to look into our options and see if I can bring down the rate first. After that, I'll know how much we really need.

Just wanted to let you know that the sidebar doesn't accurately represent our funds for this year. 

Thank you so much to everyone who has donated and helped us keep VH online. <3

Sorry about my poor accounting.

Details:

When we switched servers last, we had a discounted rate locked in for two years. I forgot to take into account that that discount ended in August. (Our monthly rate went up by $10 US at that time. That's +$40 for 2016.

Also? For some reason I had it in my head that the cost was $29 a month, when it's actually 29.99 a month. (I can't believe that trick worked on me.) So for the last I-don't-know-how-many years, I've been reimbursing myself $29 a month. I'm fine with adding those many unwitting $.99 donations to my intentional donations, but I started reimbursing myself with the full amount in July. (Also, our server company now takes Paypal, so no more reimbursing needed. The bill gets paid directly from our Paypal). That's +$5.94 for 2016.

If we stay on this server all this year, we'd need +$131.88 for 2017. I think I should be able to find a comparable or better server closer to our previous rate, so hopefully it won't be that much. 

#150 Rayya Borage-Brown

Rayya Borage-Brown

Gryffindor

• Plot
  • 311 posts
  • Quidditch Points:399
  • Wizard Points:259

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

There was an upshot in my weekly meditation class being cancelled (I'll go insane mind you, as I can't manage to meditate on my own...I fall asleep...). It means I have slightly a bit more cash to play around with and I shared my first missed class with VH.

Thank you for the decade(s) of fun. Thank you for introducing me to great people. Keep up the great work. VH is totally brilliant.

Cheers 😍

#151 Ekaterina Valentin

Ekaterina Valentin

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 4th Year
  • 2,340 posts
  • Wizard Points:242

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:26 AM

Hope it helps!  VH is worth every penny

#152 Weasley

Weasley

Ginger-in-chief

• Root Admin
  • 3,393 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

Thank you so much to our recent donors. <3

We're now on our new server and the old one is cancelled (there were a couple weeks of overlap because I moved us a little sooner than I had planned). The new server cost is $34.98 a month. 

Taking the new price, the previously mentioned shortfall for 2016 & 2017, and recent donations into consideration, we still need a bit more to cover our fees for 2017. We're short $92.07.  I've reset our donation sidebar to reflect only that amount.  (i.e. It doesn't mean we've only got 1% of 2017 paid! We're covered until at least September/October.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users