Welcome back to VH! We've just upgraded our software and themes and still have some fine-tuning to do. Please be patient while we get everything working right!  For information about the changes and to report any bugs or theme issues, please visit the Board Upgrade forum. Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Weasley

Fundraising Drive!

152 posts in this topic

Virtual Hogwarts relies on donations to cover our server fees and software licensing fees. The cost amounts to just over $400 US per year.

VH is not for profit and completely free to our members. Nobody is expected or obligated to donate. We don't want anyone to feel bad or guilty if they cannot or don't want to donate. However, if you are willing and able to donate, any amount is appreciated.

Donors will receive a Gringotts Key from the shop and their character name will be added to the Donor list (unless they choose to be anonymous).

How to Donate:
You can send money through Paypal. Use the Forum Donations sidebar on the forum index or log into Paypal and send a donation to donations - at - virtual-hogwarts.org (replace the " - at - " with the appropriate symbol, of course).

Note: If you'd like your character's name to be included on our list of donors, please let us know their name in the "Add special instructions to recipient" field when you send your payment.

All funds collected by our lovely Treasurer will be channeled into VH. No amount is too small, but keep in mind that Paypal does charge us a fee so if it's less than a dollar, you'll mainly be donating money to Paypal.

Disclaimers:

• If you send us money through Paypal, you are not purchasing anything. You are giving us a gift. Donations buy you no special privileges other than our gratitude and the continued existence of VH. VH is free to play on and always will be free.
  • Though we do not profit from VH, we are not a registered non-profit organization. You can't deduct this from your taxes.
  • Paypal payments will not be refunded unless there was an obvious mistake in the transaction. Paypal charges us a percentage to receive the money. We don't want to lose money because someone gets fed up with someone a few weeks down the line. >.<

Edited by Weasley
Removed cafepress info

Donation sent. Hope it helps.

*pokes everyone to help... hehehehe* :P

The VH mouse pad and dark long sleeve shirt look awesome. I'll probably pick them up soon. Great stuff. I'll see about sending in a few bucks through paypal also.

Hah. That stuff looks pretty dern rad. *nods* I'll see what I can do about possibly buying something. Or donating. Whichever's fine with me. [=

*considers buying a mug to feed her coffee addiction during Quidditch*

Donation sent.

And all that stuff looks great, I'll probably pick something later!

<333

*is gonna buy, like, everything one or two things?* <3 LIKE A REALLY SPIFFY T-SHIRT. YUH.

My next [entire] paycheck is going to VH apparel like whoa. I'm way sad there aren't any Death Eater t-shirts, or individual house shirts. I mean I've got some from Hot Topic but man, it just isn't the same. XD

Oh, good. ^_^ I'll ask my parents if I can donate to VH, or buy any of those shirts. Wear it everyday. VH pride, yo.

H'omg h'omg!!!

Look at that hoodie, and that tank top! And, and that tee, and mug and ZOMG THE JOURNAL! A JOURNAL! *This puppeteer loves her journals!* BUT SRSLY LOOK AT THEM! I want all of them, sup@ my next pay check going towards buying one or more of those totally wicked cool items that I definitely am in love with! *breathes because i get way to excited too quickly*

<333333333333333333

Donation sent!

I shall also buy everything. Srsly. Just you wait - get in your orders before I grabs it alls.

Ooh! I'll see if I can. *still lives w/parents* <_<

And, I <3 the designs. My favorites are the tote bag and the VH jr. hoodie, 'cause it looks so comfy. *squeeshes Nemmy*

Is this available in Asian countries? Cause I really, really, really want to buy that tank top. <333

Cassandra, I think Cafe Press does ship almost anywhere. There's some information in their help topics here.

Edmund, Andrialien, Alissia, and all the other lovely people who've donated: Thank you so so much. You're surprising us with your generosity. :wub:

*shifty*

*donates*

muhahahaha.

:wub:

*sways and patiently waits for t-shirt* :)

*snuggles t-shirt* My preeeeciouuuus. B)

Edited by Lux Alexander Hawkins

Oh em gee. I'm going to get the mousepad and the large mug and a bigggg t-shirt! (because I like biiiiig t-shirts. They're comfortable.) Lol. Funn! As soon as I get home...I'm totally buying. :)

Donation made. XD. *waits excitedly*

Edited by Ivy Milano

ZOMG. *drinks tea out of VH mug and rubs mouse on VH mousepad* XDDD! I just received them last night. ;)

I realllly want one! ZOMG! for my birthday!

I am totally going to ask. <333

I wish they had some hufflepuff shirts though. -shifty eyes-

Mah T-Shirt came today. D: Squee :wub: *hugs it* I wonder if my mum would lemme buy something extra. XD *snugs everyone* <333

Has the donations address changed? Because when I use that Paypal address I'm rerouted back to VH's announcement page.

The baby doll shirt is pretty neat. ^_^ I'm going to go and ask my parents to get me that. It's close to my birthday, after all. <3

Just curious, how close are you guys to meeting the minimum?

I'd just like to give you all an update. Thanks to several generous VHers, we raised enough to cover our bills through August '08. I first posted this in June, so that's over a year's worth of costs covered! We all really appreciate your contributions to keeping VH afloat.

Our current server costs us $29 a month and there's a yearly charge for software support (another $30), so any further contributions will ensure that we can afford to keep VH going into the future.

One thing that you may consider donating for is a chat. We used to have one. Some people liked it and still miss it. Some people never went in there. So, I'm going to leave it's future in the hands of those who want it. I found a chat service that has features we'd want. It'd be hosted, so we don't use up our precious server resources. It'd integrate with our board so your login would be the same. And it has the moderation features we'd need. It costs $125 a year. So basically, if 12 people would be willing to pay $10 a year for it, we could have a chat. Don't ask about the other 5 dollars. :P

If you'd like to have a chat and can afford to help out, please donate and include a note with your donation detailing what it's for.

(If you recently donated money and you want part of your contribution earmarked for the chat, let me know. But generally, it's more important to keep VH up and running so that's where I'm focusing the donations we've received so far. 9 months pass buy disturbingly fast! Can you believe new VH has been up for over a year?)

P.S. I don't mean that 12 people have to volunteer to pay 10 dollars every year. Not the same 12 people paying 10 dollars every year for the rest of their lives, I mean. Just that once a year we'll have to raise money for the chat.

Donation sent, directed toward the chat.
Edited by Gerald Arden

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0