Jump to content


Photo

The Ollivander's Wand Selection Quiz


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Madam Ollivander

Madam Ollivander

    Ollivander's

  • Shopkeeper
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:23 PM

Err. I haven't been sorted yet. What do I do?

If you're an unsorted student (IE. Your tag reads "Pre-Hogwarts) and you're in need of a wand, you're not exactly in the right place. Visit Ollivander's for detailed instructions on how to purchase your wand.

Help! I'm already sorted and I still don't have a wand. =(((

If you are a sorted student and you are still in need of a wand, there is a copy of the wand quiz in this post. Follow the instructions, send it in, and I'll make sure your wand description gets added to your profile at the earliest possible convenience. If you would like to roleplay purchasing a wand in the shop, you will need to wait until you are able to visit Diagon Alley in the holidays.

Further instructions:

1. Send your wand quiz answers to me (Madam Ollivander) with the message title "Wand Quiz: SWS".

2. Send your quiz answers in with the following format: Number. Letter. Answer.
Example:1. B. Use your magic to kill the rabbit – you like to kill things.
2. C. You don’t know – why wouldn’t people like you?!?
3. D. Neither. You’re too afraid to make a decision.
.
.
.
etc.
3. Keep in mind that SWS (Speedy Wand Service) is an OOC service. We don't deliver wands by owl. In character, you came into the shop to purchase your wand for seven galleons, end of story. How else would you know that wand is right for you if you didn't come in to try it out?


WAND SELECTION QUIZ
Exact Username:

1. You are walking through a forest when you happen across a seriously wounded bunny rabbit. If you must choose one of the following responses, which would it be?

A. Use your magic to kill the rabbit, putting it out of its misery.
B. Use your magic to kill the rabbit – you like to kill things.
C. Use your magic to heal the rabbit.
D. Walk away, as you are not good at healing.
E. Walk away, as you wish to leave nature to take its course.

2. Back at the castle, you are confronted by an enemy. Why is the person most likely to be your enemy?

A. You’re just the sort of person who makes enemies easily.
B. They don’t like weak people, and you seem weak.
C. You don’t know – why wouldn’t people like you?!?
D. You refused to give them something.
E. You stepped on their cat.

3. You are moving swiftly down the corridor, escaping from the pursuing enemy. Ahead of you is an intersection. You know that if you turn left, you will be a mere two minutes from your commonroom, and thus, safety. Despite this, something in your gut tells you to turn right. Will you trust your mind, or your instincts?

A. Your mind. You turn left.
B. Your instincts. You turn right.
C. Neither. You trust your strength and turn to wait for a showdown.
D. Neither. You’re too afraid to make a decision.
E. No, seriously. Why would I have an enemy?

4. You chose wrong. You have been left in a rather uncomfortable heap on the side of the corridor. You do recover, but the recovery is long and painful. What are you thinking during this time?

A. I’m such an idiot. How could I have made the wrong choice?
B. I will have revenge.
C. I’m so bored! Can’t anybody find me something to do? Twitch, twitch.
D. It must be nearly visiting time – I hope my friends come to see me. Say, is that icecream?
E. Me? Choose wrong? Impossible.

5. You are better and back at classes – in fact, you are currently in a class that you’re very good at. Pretending that age isn’t an issue (that is, that it may be an elective), what is it most likely to be?

A. Divination
B. Defence Against the Dark Arts
C. Charms
D. Transfiguration
E. History of Magic

6. And inside this class, you discover you have a magical affinity for a certain element. What is this most likely to be?

A. Water
B. Lightning
C. Earth
D. Fire
E. Air

7. That’s probably not enough to get you what you truly want … which of these do you want the most?

A. Power
B. Everything
C. Happiness
D. Security
E. Knowledge

8. What would you be willing to do to get it?

A. Kill
B. Anything
C. Lie
D. Work hard
E. Nothing – I want to see what life drops in my lap

9. And which of these do you fear the most?

A. Injustice
B. Abandonment
C. Defeat
D. Fear itself
E. Fluffy bunnies

10. Well, never mind how you got here – you’re about to face the greatest trial of your magical powers to date. This may mean the difference between life and death. Due to the nature of your talents, what would you most like to face? (With the intent of success)

A. Wandless, you must walk through a pitch black corridor, with only your intuition to guide you past dangerous traps.
B. You have only your wand and are standing on a platform in the middle of a chasm. The platform is shrinking to nothing, and you will soon be left without support.
C. You have only your wand, and must face a large, mean troll, in a fight to the death.
D. You have no potions and only your wand – a room is full of all those you have ever loved and respected, all gravely wounded and crying to you to save them.
E. A giant turnip is falling through the air and may land on your head.



#2 Madam Ollivander

Madam Ollivander

    Ollivander's

  • Shopkeeper
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:35 AM

Just a reminder to everyone doing the quiz-- kindly do not post your wand quiz answers anywhere on the site, please.

If a mod could delete that for me, it will be much appreciated. :) I will PM the ickle with some instructions. ;)

Edited by Madam Ollivander, 20 July 2007 - 03:36 AM.


#3 Carmen Midnight

Carmen Midnight

    Auror

  • Auror
  • 3,808 posts
  • Quidditch Points:210
  • Wizard Points:400

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:16 PM

((If I'm not supposed to post here, PM me and I'll delete this.))

Madam Ollivander and Staff,
In the Death Eater attacks, quite a few of the captives managed to have their wands taken and not returned, so these students (Carmen included) currently do not have a wand. Should we be sending an SWS to the shop for a new wand that is different from our first, role-play an encounter with a shopkeeper/assistant for a new wand of the same mold, or just pretend like we've been to the shop and got another wand of the same make? I was just curious as how to best handle this matter.

Thank you,
Carmen's inquisitive puppeteer


(leaves cookies for people who can answer the question)

#4 Oliver Clarke

Oliver Clarke

    Ravenclaw

  • Alumni
  • 740 posts
  • Quidditch Points:206
  • Wizard Points:145

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:27 PM

From the mouth of Clayton Jadyn, on VHOT:

Regarding wands;
First option: Like Peggy mentioned I suppose you can always say in an RP that you had to go back to Ollivanders during the summer break and buy a new one that was the same make as your old. Because we will NOT let students go through the process again.

Second alternative, a child could say that the Aurors 'found the bag of wands' and returned them to each rightful owner.

Alternative three; the child could say that he or she found it laying on the forest floor.

Alternative four; A child could always say that a friend went all "Accio <yournamehere> wand!" AND YAY it comes back.

huzzah, MAGIC no?


Post found here.

And Madame, if you'd like this deleted, just send me a PM too. :wub:

#5 Carmen Midnight

Carmen Midnight

    Auror

  • Auror
  • 3,808 posts
  • Quidditch Points:210
  • Wizard Points:400

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:18 PM

Thanks Oliver!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users