Alexander Crow

I Don't Blame You For Being You, But You Can't Blame Me For Hating It

Alexander Crow

The walk to the Hospital Wing was achieved in uncomfortable silence. Alex spent the entirety of the three-floor trip glaring at Jack. He would have emphasized his feelings by crossing arms over his chest petulantly, except for the fact that he can't, which is the very reason why this little outing is necessary in the first place. 

After tempers flared in a heated duel that resulted in his arms losing their skeletal structure, Alex found himself to be in dire need of medical assistance. The anger that initially consumed his senses abated during their stroll, slowly diminishing into moderate annoyance. Still, the slytherin wasn't off the hook, not until the effects of his horrific spell are reversed. Painlessly. Magic can assure anesthetic effects in every remedy, right? He should have realized something was dreadfully wrong when they bypassed the officiators and went straight here. Alas, naivete wins again.

"I do have arms, they're just not working." Alex pointed out as he peered into the forms Jack had taken the liberty to fill out, for obvious reasons. He hasn't spoken a word to the slytherin ever since they left the dueling chamber, so the sound of his own voice came as a shock after being silent for so long. He didn't intend to act like a child, but the agony brought on by the very cruel spell hurled at him pushed the ravenclaw off the edge. 

To his credit, there were no tears. Just lots and lots of pouting.

OOC Form:

Patient Name, House & Year: Alexander Crow, Ravenclaw Second Year
Blood Type:  Muggle Born
Allergies, if any: Pomegranate

What VH Year & Term/Week does this RP take place: VH 39, Term One, Week Five
Time of Day: Afternoon
Link to Incident Thread: Here

IC Form:

Reason for Visit: Dueling mistake.

Damage Location: HE HAS NO ARMS 

Damage Type: Vanishing... bones?

Other: HELP!

Jaxon Sinclair

Jack hadn't been glared at that hard since he'd stolen @Adam Sinclair's jar of acid pops to keep him from melting holes in the floor at home so that he could spy on their parents in the den.  Little weirdo.  He tried not to think about that in this precise moment because, no doubt, Adam would have found this entire encounter hilarious.  Rubber arm jinxes?  Knee-reversing hexes?  Canary charms?  His sadistic younger sibling would likely make it a point to learn all of the heinous, hideous, ugly little bits of knowledge while he was at Hogwarts.

He opted not to speak, in part because he doubted very much that Alexander wanted to hear it.  Apologies wouldn't miraculously replace the bones in his arms and, to be quite frank, Jack was having trouble looking at him.  The rubbery, flopping texture of boneless flesh reminded him of his mother taking a mallet to chicken breast at home.  A few well placed, square shaped indentations and Alex's arms could have passed for Sunday dinner pre-roasting pan.

He scrawled across the form, clipboard cradled in his right arm while his left hastily filled out the paperwork.  Paperwork, he thought glumly.  It was always paperwork.  

"I'm pretty sure having a skeletal structure is a prerequisite for actually calling them flacking arms, Alex," Jack spat, wrinkling his nose.  "And I don't think being allergic to pomegranate really applies in this case unless pomegranate can miraculously regrow your radius."  

Sophia Hunter

Sophia was on duty that afternoon and was doing her best to try to organize the supplies closet and make some kind of inventory of what the had and what they would need to restock.  She had just finished tallying the quantity of Skelegro they had in stock (talk about a coincidence when she heard someone entering the outer room.  Setting her clipboard aside, she made her way out to the front desk just as one of the visitors was completing the intake form. 

Taking the form from them, she greeted the pair.  "Good afternoon.  I'm Sophia and I'll at least get you started with your visit today."  Whether she would be the only one they would see, depended on the condition for their visit.  She may have raised an eyebrow at the 'no arms' comment.  Looking over at the patient, she did recognize the signs of someone who had been hit by the rubber arm jinx.  She had to admit to herself that it was the first time she had ever seen someone with both arms in that condition. 

But first things first.  "Follow me," she told them and led the pair to one of the cubicles.  "If you'll wait in here, indicating the cot for the patient and the chair for the visitor, "I'll get the healer."

Alexander Crow

Truth be told, Alex didn't think himself capable of glaring that much. He normally finds maintaining eye contact with most people to be a challenging feat. Yet, there's something about feeling utterly helpless that triggered an unusual antagonism in him, an urge to lash out that doesn't involve bursting into tears, his typical reaction to getting incensed. 

"Well, it's not like your spell chopped my arms off... or was that what you originally intended?" He retorted, imagining himself doing a well-timed arms cross just about now, had he been capable of controlling his upper extremities. Alex didn't want to entertain the idea that it wasn't Jack's fault just yet, no one's fault really. They were dueling, accidents happen. He felt angry and vulnerable and needed someone to blame. 

"I'm just trying to make sure they don't feed it to me here, and we're supposed to answer all the questions on the form." He said flatly, wondering if he sounds very ravenclaw with that last comment. Alex doesn't even remember what pomegranate tastes like anymore, only that it made his face swell up and throat close upon eating the fruit tartlets Mum made when he was seven. They were probably delicious, in a deadly sort of way. 

Luckily, some of the tension was broken when a very nice hospital wing assistant attended to them. Alex took a break from the glaring and mumbled a sheepish "Good afternoon" to Sophia, before getting led to a more secluded area of the wing. He sat on the cot and watched as Jack settled on the visitor's chair. He sighed, not wanting to be found bickering when the healer came in. Curse his inability to stay angry for too long. "Sorry. I just--- I just want to get fixed up and get out of here."

Edited by Alexander Crow

Miss Lushia

There was not a lot happening, which was something that Britney was alright with at this moment, she had two wing assistance and two junior ones that were doing well with their work, meaning that Britney was able to sit back and think about things that she wanted to get for the wing and how to bring up asking Roxy to marry her.

She felt like she was ready for that step. She just hoped that Roxy was also.

Eating her lunch, or dinner. She didn’t know what meal it was. She loses track of time while at Hogwarts. She heard someone walk into her office, seeing that it was Sophia telling her that there was someone that didn’t have any bones.

What was it with these kids and taking away other people bones. Britney just didn’t understand that at all. Putting down her salad. “Thanks Sophia, I will go grab some Skele-grow and be right there.”

It was a good thing that she decided to stock up on Skele-grow, the last person that walked into the wing that needed it took her last bit. Getting cup and the potion she walked into where the student was.

“Good afternoon. I am Miss Lushia the healer here. So I hear that you lost some bones. Did someone use the rubber arm jink on you?” Britney wouldn’t understand why that was even a spell that anyone was allowed to use, but it was something that happened. “I have here some Skele-grow, and it is going to take some time for your bones to grow back after you drink it. I will warn you, it doesn’t take that well at all.”

She didn’t need someone else spitting it out, it was such a waste when these kids that.

Jaxon Sinclair

Jack wrinkled his nose, looking pointedly at Alexander, before he answered as flatly as he could manage.  "Yes," he drawled, rolling his eyes.  "That's exactly what I originally intended, because of course the officiators would teach us a spell to CHOP ARMS OFF!"  He flapped his owns arms a little bit before returning to the task at hand which, of course, was filling out the paperwork.

And pomegranates, evidently.

"You could just not eat them?" he suggested, arching an eyebrow.  "I'm pretty sure they're referring to allergies to components in pepper up or latex."  He paused.  "Which I am allergic to, so if she comes over here with the gloves on, I'm bailing because anaphylaxis."

He'd also found out, on a separate occasion, that he was allergic to the hydrogels that comprised contact lenses, which was why the glasses on his face remained...glasses.  That had been an event for his father to deal with while their mother was at work.  Atwell had been a wing assistant, of course, but nothing could quite prepare you for your kid's eyes swelling shut.

Fortunately, before he could further elaborate on why pomegranates were not really necessary for the medical form, one of the wing assistants showed up and, shortly after her, Miss Lushia herself appeared to administer the skelegrow.  "It takes all night," he pointed out.  "Doesn't it take all night, Miss Lushia?  I'm pretty sure they won't let me stay all night."

Alexander Crow

Alex tried not to scowl. "I don't plan on willfully consuming something I'm allergic to..." He happened to have a sense of self-preservation thank you very much, never mind that he frequently engages in a sport that subjected him to all kinds of harm. Or chose to duel someone who knew every excruciating spell in the book. "... but pomegranate seeds are tiny and can be overlooked, or what if they give it to me in a smoothie or something?" People do not seem to take these things seriously anymore. Like when you order something in a restaurant and indicate an allergy to a specific ingredient and they assume it meant just not liking it until bam! the ambulance gets called.

Luckily, Ms Lushia's arrival temporarily halted the bickering. Alex smiled at the nice healer despite himself, but gave Jack a pointed look and mumbled: "Yeah, he did." when the question of whether somebody used a rubber-arm jinx on him arose. Not that it mattered at this point, he was going to get fixed with magic and will be out of here in no time, right?

Wrong, apparently.

The fact that he was warned about the horrible taste of the medicine he is about to partake didn't bother Alex (though it will after he actually gets to drink the damn thing). When Ms Lushia stated that growing his bones back will take a while, however, a sudden wave of panic washed over his senses. Jack pointing out that it will take all night was the last straw.

"NO!" He looked back and forth between the two in disbelief. "But--- but I have homework to do! Can't we uhh cast a spell and fix this?" He already knew the answer to that but he was desperate enough to grasp at anything at this point. Alex then turned to Jack, sea-green eyes widened in terror at the thought of having to deal with this alone. "You can't leave me here Jack! I'm--- I'm scared. Please?" He would have grabbed the slytherin's arm tightly, but he couldn't. 

"Ms Lushia please let him stay."  Alex could feel his lower lip quivering and he attempted to distract himself by thinking, "DONTCRYDONTCRYDONTCRY!" Hopefully, it works.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.