Alvis Anderson

Mock Myrtle soup

Alvis Anderson

No matter where you went in the castle it was sure hard to find a spot without a draft, the only places that didn't feel to bad had to be the great hall and dorms, their roaring fires seemed to counter the cold air that just managed to seep through every crack in the walls. The last was in bed, the high four poster beds with their draping curtains had to be the best thing ever in such an old castle like Hogwarts.

However this wasn't the most pressing thing on Alvis Anderson's mind at this moment, enjoying some free time on a fine Saturday after noon, awaiting his first ever trip to the all magical village of Hogsmead  the week after but the pressing mater of the girl he liked was still causing him to act a little less dreamy and more off then anything. Trying to find something to take his mind off, he'd already been to the chamber and that only worked for the length of the duel, so taking a trip around the castle, with his best friend Aiden the two boys found them selves outside of the not so friendly girls bathroom.

''Hey Aiden! Dare you to go write something on the wall.'' He said feeling this might distract his woes for a moment or two.

Aiden Hunter

Aiden shivered as he and Alvis walked down the corridors of Hogwarts. It was starting to get cold again, not that Aiden was one to complain. He liked the cold weather, being able to bundle himself up and sit by the fire in the Gryffindor common room was comforting to him. He was able to get some alone time to just be with himself.

That wasn’t the case today however, him and Alvis had taken a trip down the halls of Hogwarts just wandering aimlessly. Aiden could tell though, that something was up with his best friend. Aiden could never tell exactly what was on the eccentric boy’s mind. It could have been the biggest most world crushing news ever or it could be something of little to no concern. Aiden just always found Alvis hard to read, even after they had known each other for two years now.

When they walked past Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom Alvis called out to him. “Dare me to huh?” Aiden turned and faced the door. Aiden wasn’t afraid of any dare nor any bathroom. It didn't matter to him if someone died in there. I mean it's not like anything in there could hurt him right? “I’m down but what do you have in mind? To write I mean?" While waiting for Alvis to answer Aiden pressed forward towards the door and began to open it. "You're coming with me by the way."

Alvis Anderson

Alvis did a sort of nod that indicated to spend no time talking about it and to get in there. Having one last quick scout around, he pushed the door shut and saw his friends face in the dim light of the girls bathroom, ''What do you take me for, a Slytherin! Plus your me best mate after all and we stick together.''

He paused and scratched his head for a moment, ''Got to be something to big us up or do you fancy something more demeaning like putting down the snakes? I prefer the first!'' He'd grown some what over the summer, mentally, and found looking after your self was much better then running someone else down.

However this was the least of the boys troubles as at that moment a huge splash of water from one of the cubicles made Alvis whip out his wand but at the same time send a spell shooting for a mirror on the wall. The spell rebounded off and hit the lock on the entrance to the bathroom. ''OH BLUEBERRIES!'' he cried running to the door and trying to giggle the latch, ''Alohomora!'' he tried again, ''Aiden I think we're locked in mate.'' 

Aiden Hunter

Aiden laughed at Alvis’ comment about the snakes. Aiden personally had no issue with Slytherin but Alvis seemed to have it out for them. “Definitely not Alvis, you’re a lion through and through”. That statement was 100 percent true, Alvis had definitely been sorted into the right house. Aiden wondered sometimes though, when he had first came to Hogwarts he was certainly a lion but now he wasn’t so sure. He had changed a lot since coming to Hogwarts.

Aiden stared at the wall listening to Alvis’ comments. “How about something about Gryffindor. We gotta let everyone know what the best house is!”. Aiden had no quarrel with Slytherin, he’d rather pump up his own house. 

Aiden whipped around when he heard the commotion just in time to see Alvis’ spell rebound. “Oh no...” he said to himself quietly. It had been a while since some crazy thing had happened to him and Alvis and it seemed like his luck had run out.

He watched Alvis attempt to unlock the door. “That can’t be right. Let me try.” He took out his wand and stepped next to Alvis. “Alohomora” Aiden frowned when the door didn’t open. Something was wrong, he was certainly a good enough wizard to unlock a simple door. “Well that can’t be right either”. He stepped away from the door and looked around the room. He didn’t know for what, maybe something that would give him an idea?

He stood there for a while before sighing. “Well, I give up. You got any ideas?”

Edited by Aiden Hunter

Alvis Anderson

Half the time he didn't have a clue as to what was going on but his friend stating that Alvis was a lion through and through made him feel amazing. Although the predicament the two boys were in would normally have anyone panicking but this third year was a cool as a cucumber at this time, his dreamy face had not moved a muscle and he watched Aiden give the door a try, after all Alvis' charms could be very over the top and often didn't work at first, he guessed being in the chamber made his enthusiasm a little bit OTT for such delicate work.

''I guess that spell I sent was really something, mind you I've found being scared or needing to protect your self makes your magic strong and powerful. However I have no clue as to what to do.'' He scratched his head trying to think but deciding to slip down the wall and slump on the floor would be more appropriate for the situation. ''Looks like we're stuck mate, Sure someone will try to get in at some point!''

In the gloom Alvis had time to think but his mind was wandering somewhat and a certain name slipped into his mind and out of his mouth, ''Avery.'' and he shied.

Aiden Hunter

"Well then you magic certainly got stronger because this thing won't budge." He kept trying to open the door in vain. Like if he tried hard enough he would be able to open the door. Aiden sighed, he didn’t want to have to wait for someone to come along and rescue him. “I’m gonna keep trying.” He went back over to the door, “Alohomora” still there was nothing.

He heard Alvis mumbling to himself and turned back around to his friend. “Well you're a sight to see. Look at you! Sitting there mumbling to yourself on the bathroom floor like a madman.” He knew something had been up with his friend. “You haven’t been yourself lately.” He slumped down next to Alvis. “Not gonna lie I kinda feel like I haven’t been either.” He groaned and eyed the bathroom door. The last thing he wanted to do was talk about how he was feeling. He had no interest in divulging information about himself. The boy still found it hard to open up to anybody, even someone he considered his best friend.

“To be completely honest though, right now I just want to get out of here.” This was not how he planned on his day going. Locked in a bathroom, sitting on the floor. There were far better and more important things that he could have been doing. Like practicing for quidditch tryouts...he still couldn't believe that he was going to try out for a sport.

Edited by Aiden Hunter

Alvis Anderson

It was true he was a bit less enthusiastic and a bit more gloomy these days, all thanx to that thing called puberty. A great big mishmash of hormones and fighting everyone and anyone, although he hadn't quite hit the part of wanting to disagree with people just yet, he had come to the point on liking people, well one person to be honest.

''I always mumble to my self like a madman! That's why I'm special right?'' He began to chuckle and looked from his friend and back to the door, he often chatted to himself but he knew what Aiden meant, ''Ah just been a little mixed up is all, well more then normal!'' He looked at Aiden once more then next second, ''Stipitis!'' and a huge log went flying through the air and at the door, WHAM!, The door shuck but was far to thick to be broken and the metal hinges no doubt had been charmed or something. ''I don't think we should try burning  them down in case we get stuck!''

''Well you did say you wanted out right, oh it's cos of Quidditch ain't it! Saw your name on the tryout sheet! I would have put me name down but duelling keeps me busy! Plus I'd probably loose concentration and get kicked out anyway!'' Alvis was fine on a broom if doing his own thing but if it involved a team he would find it hard to follow instructions.

''So you been feeling the pull to the dark side to? No not dark magic, I mean being a teen! Oh and do you know anything about girls?'' There blunt enough, may as well pick Aiden's brain just in case.

Aiden Hunter

Aiden chuckled at Alvis’ comments, “Yeah, guess that’s one thing that’s exactly the same.” Alvis had always been a spacey kid, when they first met Aiden sometimes wondered if he even knew where he was sometimes. He nodded, “Yeah, I can tell. You’ve been a bit different lately.

He watched Alvis fling the log at the door. He wasn’t surprised when it didn’t do much, “Good attempt at least.” He hoped that someone would come for them soon. While he wasn’t scared of the bathroom there was something a bit gloomy and morbid hanging out in a room where someone was killed. Especially, when said person was around their age when they died.

“Yeah, I did sign up. Try outs are soon.” Aiden normally wasn’t one to be trying out for sports. The whole idea of jock and jock culture put Aiden off immensely. Most of the jocks that went to his school were jerks, even if he knew they weren’t all like that. “I can imagine it now. You flying stuck in a daydream while a bludger flies towards your head. Still, I don’t even know if I’m gonna make it so nothing’s set in stone yet.” Aiden knew he had the flying abilities to make it, but it was still to be seen if he had the other skills.

“The dark side?” He laughed at Alvis’ description, “Making it seem like getting older is this terrible thing.” What did being a teen mean? Aiden definitely felt a difference, he was definitely taller and had lost some baby fat, but he felt pretty similar otherwise. Maybe a bit more motivated in class but at the same point he felt a bit glummer? And what was that other thing Alvis had asked? Girls? “Uh, I mean what is there to know? I figure they’re kinda just like us.” Wait? Were things different with girls now? Aiden had always treated them how he treated everyone else. Was he supposed to be doing things differently? Aiden knew he was at that age, but he didn’t think things would change like that. “Why? Are things supposed to be different now?”

Alvis Anderson

''Well at least if it didn't make us a way through the door, maybe someone will have heard it!'' He might seem to most a dumb daydreamer but he often had reasons for his oddities even if others didn't see that, Aiden had been the first one to half get his silly antics. Aiden wasn't one to be the social Jock in a crowd making people feel small, this is what drew Alvis to him in the first place, well that and a dark object they found when they first met.

At least Aiden could bring that Cheshire cat grin out on his friend when he mentioned a bludger, ''Oh no doubt a week in the hospital wing, although my duelling abilities might let my reflexes kick in!'' He'd been working on that ever since History of magic last year, those dolls had Alvis with his wand ready to strike at any moment. ''No your more suited to Quidditch and I'm sure you'll knock their socks off.''

''I wouldn't say us getting  older is a bad thing, more others around us!'' Alvis knew he was a kid at heart and probably wouldn't get past the age of seven or eight when it came to his outlook on life, ''Mind you might feet don't half stink! Regular baths and washing, right downer.'' Then Aiden went off on some strange tangent that even Alvis didn't get, ''What? Of course their not just like us, yes they have common basic likenesses but I wouldn't say a girl would be sat on the floor of a manky and grim bathroom floor, would they?'' Alvis didn't think Aiden would be much help in this area and thought a change in tact would help. ''Alright, no don't go throwing this about, What do you think Avery is like?''

Aiden Hunter

“That’s actually a really good point.” Either way someone would probably come along soon, right? Then again, not too many people in Hogwarts would come to this bathroom on purpose. They probably weren’t done waiting anytime soon. “Well, either way we’re stuck so might as well not even think about it.” What was done was done and there was nothing either boy could do except wait for someone to help them out of this situation.

“Yeah, knowing you you’d probably blast it away.” Aiden had always looked up to how good of a duelist Alvis was, Aiden didn’t even have half of his skill. Aiden was talented at casting spells, not using them to fight others. “Thanks, that actually means a lot for you to say.” Aiden had been worried that he would make a fool of himself in front of everyone else when it came time to actually try out. Hearing someone tell him that he would do well instilled the boy with a bit of confidence.

“I wouldn’t say it’s a bad thing either just opens up more stuff to do. Plus, people take you way more seriously.” At least that’s what he had heard. He wasn’t quite at the age where people took you seriously yet. Aiden laughed at Alvis’ next comment, “I guess most of them wouldn’t.” He made sure to look down at the bathroom floor to make sure he wasn’t sitting in or on anything.

“Uh Avery?” Aiden thought to the times he had spoken to the girl. “Well she seems pretty nice. She’s also always in the chamber so she’s probably pretty dedicated too.” At least that’s what he assumed since everyone who went to the chamber that much seemed pretty dedicated to their craft. But why would Alvis ask him about-oh, it clicked and suddenly Aiden got it. “Oh, I’m pretty sure I get it now.” He couldn't believe how dense he had just been.

Alvis Anderson

Alvis might normally of have taken Aiden's words out of context if he wasn't his best friend, he was listening to every word, not wondering off into a day dream, Alvis found if he really cared what someone said he could do this for them. ''People don't take me to seriously, why would they?'' Smile still beaming back at his friend, ''Always thought you had the peoples vote when it came to being on the level and cool! Look at me, plus you'll soon be a super cool broom flying sportsman!''

He looked round to, although a spot of mud wouldn't worry him, something in a bathroom just might. It seemed to take Aiden a moment or two to twig what Alvis was saying but Alvis was glad he did, spelling it out was the last thing he wanted, he raised his eyebrows, ''You see, dark magic if ever you seen it! So you reckon it be safe to tell her or should I play it safe?''

Next minute a the sink near by flooded of water, And Alvis shot yet another spell at random at it. Luck was on their side this time as the water stopped almost instantly. ''WOW! Cool!'' 

Aiden Hunter

“You think?” Aiden didn’t think he’d have anyone’s vote for anything. “I don’t know you’re a superstar in that chamber. I mean you had those robes and everything.” It truly was a sight to behold at times. “You don’t still do all of that do you?” Aiden asked with a genuine curiosity. It had been a while since he had stepped into the chamber. “Ha! Me a super cool sportsman. I won’t believe it until happens. Even then we may have to drop that super cool part.” He chuckled to himself.

“Ah yes, very dark magic.” He moved his fingers above his head like a ghost or ghoul. “Well, the way I look at it what do you have to lose? I mean wouldn’t you regret it more if you just didn’t say anything at all?” Aiden knew if he had feelings for someone like that he would want an answer. Unfortunately, he had no idea what Alvis was feeling. “I mean if she doesn’t like you then what happens? Probably nothing right? You just know, and you can move on with your life. Geez, I sound like a self help book right now.” He knew that he probably sounded pretty lame, but he genuinely wanted to help his friend. Plus, it was genuinely how he felt.

He watched Alvis’ spell stop the water and smiled. “Woah, nice job. What spell even was that?”

Edited by Aiden Hunter

Alvis Anderson

A superstar, well he acted like one even if it was all in his head, ''Not the robes no! Am I a superstar? I guess I might be!'' He looked as though a light had just gone on in his eyes. ''I still have fun don't get me wrong but I don't normally dress up now a days, although if I know the first years are in there I might be a little flamboyant.''

Alvis always saw his friend as the rouge cool guy, not one to be all in your face and have to look cool, he just was, ''Merlin's balls mate, your cool if I say you are. Well compared to me you are!'' The smile filled the dingy bathroom with joy, it had to be infectious. ''Stop putting ya self down chap. Only way to the top is to believe your the top of the milk.''

He scratched his head at his best friends advise, it sounded much like Molly's but with a bit more Alvis thrown in, he was the king of being blunt after all and normally walked where others feared to tread, normally cos he had no clue what was going on. ''I guess your right, not like Avery will stop being my friend if she says no is it?'' He laughed, ''You know what mate, I've got no clue what that was. Learnt it in class and it must of stuck.'' 

Aiden Hunter

“Yeah, Alvis Anderson, superstar of the dueling chamber. Has a pretty nice ring to it doesn’t it?” He remembered how flamboyant Alvis was in first year with his costumes and the like. “Yeah, you gotta show the ickles how to be a superstar like you.”

Aiden raised his eyebrow and smiled at his friend. Cool was not exactly how Aiden ever expected anyone to describe him. “I guess I’ll just have to take your word on it.” Aiden wished that he could have the unwavering confidence of his friend. “It’s not that I don’t believe in myself. I just don’t want to put my expectations too high you know? I don’t want to hype myself up and end up disappointed.” Maybe Alvis did have a point though. If he never truly believed that he could be the best, then how could he ever actually get there.

Aiden hoped that he gave Alvis sound advice. “I doubt it. I don’t think either of you are those type of people. Plus, being straightforward has worked out for you so far, so why change it?” He shook his head, “Man, I was hoping you could show it to me.” Aiden always loved learning new spells. He wondered what class they had learned it in.

Alvis Anderson

He felt a bit of that old self believe come back as his friend bigged him up and the feeling of dread had took a back sit for now,''That how you see me? Oh awesome.''

''Yes you will and no doubt a good few others along with that! The heart is what powers the system yet it can either take you to places of unlimited splendour or take you to the most darkest reaches of your own nightmares.'' He could be a philosopher when he put his mind to it and had had his mind in the room!

Aiden had a good point Alvis was a straight talking guy who told it as it was, why change when the path he'd taken all these years had begun to bend and fork in front of him. ''I'm gonna do it, your right mate, I will! Just be there in the background to interrupt saying I'm off in my head again if she says no!? It is a shame I can't quite remember that spell.''    

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.