Sign in to follow this  
Jacqueline Frost

Get in witches, we're playing Jenga

Jacqueline Frost

A game of blocks that needed to be stacked. 

A couple of potions that Jack managed to take from Head Boy Chinchilla. 

And a few witches she forced into playing. 

It was the beginning of a bar joke waiting to happen except there was no bar and no joke, just three Hufflepuffs and a Ravenclaw playing a game and no mischief whatsoever. 

"So here are the rules," Jack explained, removing the blocks from the box and setting them up in a tower. "You move one block and make sure the tower doesn't collapse. Each block says to either eat a cupcake or answer a question. Loser has to eat all the remaining cupcakes on the platter." 

She had two platters, twelve cupcakes in each. 

"So who wants to start"

-----

potion effects: 1. babbling potion (8), 2. Gregory's Unctuous Unction (8), or 3. a laugh inducing potion (8)

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

It didn't take a whole lot of convincing to get Addy to play along.  She loved games.  "So I just... try to pull one of these blocks?" She asked, poking gently at the stack.  

Confirmation was soon granted and she plucked the block out and read the word 'CUPCAKE' in bold letters.  

She could do that.  and unsuspecting bite later had her running off at the mouth and she suddenly understood why @Jaxon Sinclair hated the spell so much.   "I love games but I've never played this one before.  This is kind of fun but what happens if you knock the whole tower down?"  

Cosette Mercier

How did Cosette end up here? This was not somewhere she wanted to be. how was she sitting with Jack, the girl that just kissed here. Cosette ran away from her. Right now she felt so awkward but she was just sitting here. 

Still, she was sitting there for some reason and there was this muggle game she used to play in front of her. Watching as Adrina moved a block and it said cupcake. So this was how the game was going to be, there was stuff wrote on it. 

Was it her turn, she guessed that it was and as she pulled out a side piece it said cupcake. She looked over at Jack and was nervous, knowing that she was the one that brought them in. Grabbing one, she was hesitant to eat it but she did and before she knew it she started laughing. And just couldn't stop. 

Pandora Midnight

It took a couple of moments but Pandora managed to figure it out. She pushed off a block and read it over. A cupcake. Okay that couldn't be too bad. She popped it in her mouth and suddenly felt a weird gurgle in her stomach. A few giggles escaped before the full unladylike laughing started. "T-tower. Ha ha. Funny hah." Somehow when cosseted also started laughing it made her laugh even harder.

Jacqueline Frost

Now it was a party even the muppet was having fun.

Slowly pushing a piece out of the tower, Jack smirked as she saw what the piece said: 

Question. 

"Do your worst, Adrina." 

potions left:

1. babbling potion (7), 2. Gregory's Unctuous Unction (8), or 3. a laugh inducing potion (6)

Edited by Jacqueline Frost

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

"OOoooooooh that one says question!" Addy grinned, it was different then all the others.  "Can I ask you a question?" She didn't wait for any answer because the other two sitting nearby were far too busy laughing to worry about what was going on.  "Why do you hate Jack so much?  He isn't so bad, he really isn't, I promise!" A nod accompanied her very serious statement on the matter.  

Once she heard her answer, one that didn't really offer any satisfaction to be sure, she sighed and moved on to pulling another block from the stack and picking up another cupcake.  She was happy she didn't have to answer a question... in fact, she was super happy about a lot of things in that moment, especially how much she adored her roommate.  

"It's okay, you're pretty great too, you know.  You're the best.

Cosette Mercier

Sitting there she didn't know anything that was happening at all, It seems like no one was caring about her at all sitting here and so she just decided to go again and was trying to stop laughing and finally she did which was something she was happy about. Knowing that she finally stopped laughing and didn't know how no one was thinking about her or even talking to her which was something she was alright. 

Then taking another block off the right and once again it said potion and took another bit. 

In her voice that was very quiet she was wondering what it was she just took. "I dont ummmm understand.... what am i am i am i am talking like this... why are we even... even here?"

Pandora Midnight

The laughter finally subsided but as soon as the next block was pulled her mouth went dry. Question. She looked over at Jack, terrified of what her roommate might ask.

Jacqueline Frost

"I don't hate Jack Sinclair, he's a prat who hates me because YOU couldn't duck," Jack grumbled the last part. 

Rolling her eyes, she pulled another piece, grumbling more because she had to eat one of the cupcakes. 

She made the cupcakes she knew what was in them.

Flacking flack. 

Eating the cupcake, she turned to Pandora, "Can you please explain to Adrina here that we are not trying to ruin her future relationships but  are going to spy on Sinclair because he's the worst person on the planet and is taking advantage of Addy's naivety?" 

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

"We're here to play a game." Addy told the lone ravenclaw sitting at the circle.  Honestly, she thought they were, on the whole, supposed to be a smarter lot then this.  Still she smiled and reached over and patted the girl on the shoulder.  She'd never been one to say anything unkind aloud unless absolutely necessary.  

Eyes following around the circle, she had been watching Panda but she huffed out an aggravated sigh at her other roommate when the question she asked had absolutely nothing to do with Panda at all.  "Hey!  That's not fair.  The question is supposed to be about her."  

Another pull, another cupcake bite and the words kept flowing.  "I'm not naive."  

Total lie.  

"I know him better then you do and stop spying on me.  You aren't being a friend, you're being a pain and I don't want your help anymore.  If I do, I'll ask for it."  She crossed her arms over her chest and looked expectantly at Cosette to take her turn.   

Cosette Mercier

Sure this was a game, but she didn't even know how this was suppose to work out. Still wondering how she got here. Picking another block it said cupcake again. Did she had to take another bit, that was not something that she wanted to do but since she was here she knew she had to. Taking another bit. "I don't even....even know how I got here." She didn't and she wanted to know how she got here. "I want to go to back to my common room." This was a mess. "There is something wrong with these cupcakes."

Pandora Midnight

"I....what?" Pandora was confused. This was apparently a strange turn of events. "P-please do-o not fight." She said, looking back and forth between her roommates. Then she pulled out her next block and groaned inwardly as tan other question block was pulled.

Jacqueline Frost

"NO ONE IS FIGHTING EXCEPT FOR ADDY!" 

Huffing, Jack took another piece, sighing when she didn't have to take another cupcake. 

"Addy ask me a question that's not about flacking Sinclair." 

As for Pandora, "Who is your favorite roommate." 

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

Another question... hmmm... she had to make it a good one.   "Of all the kisses you've had, which one was the worst one." To her knowledge, Jack had kissed the same person several times, surely one of them wasn't that great.  Addy needed to know why.  

This time she didn't even bother to mess with the ruddy blocks, she merely picked up one of the same cupcakes she'd picked up before and chomped it down.  

Cosette Mercier

Oh man, Adrina was asking about kissing, and the worst kiss. Cosette was not expecting that and was hoping that her name wasn't going to be in there at all. The cupcake finally wore off and she wasn't talking much anymore, that was the most that Cosette would ever talk. 

Picking another block, this time it said Question, Cosette looked around and wondered who was going to ask her a question. Or if she was able to run away. 

Pandora Midnight

Pandora squeaked. Her roommates were getting louder. They were fighting about fighting. But then Jack asked another question. She began to stutter. " Oh I um..." She looked back and forth between the two, and shoved a cupcake in her mouth. 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.