Simon Reed

101 Ways to Snog Better

Simon Reed

They had decided to meet on the stands. 

He didn't remember who'd owl'ed who, but he did remember (thanks to the handy dandy calendar on his nightstand) that they had set a date to meet up on the weekend and catch up with one another. Simon had forgotten how easily the separation of houses made it to lose touch with somebody, even if they were in some of the same classes and had the same meal times... they had definitely lost a little bit of the closeness they had developed over the summer. Guess that sort of was bound  to happen, especially when they were no longer spending every waking minute together. The Ravenclaw had settled on a nice navy blue crew neck sweater and jeans, grabbing a nearby hoodie on the way out and tying the arms around his It was still pretty warm when the sun decided to grace them with an appearance, but if the wind picked up or they stayed outside long enough to watch the sunset, he was sure that one of them would benefit from an extra layer. One of them being, of course, Aurora. 

Simon took the steps two at a time, spotting the Slytherin completely immersed in a magazine or a book. He slowed down and crept up behind the girl as quietly as possibly, peering over her shoulder and noticing the familiar Witch Weekly logo on the page. His family had a subscription, if only to appease the four girls currently residing in the Reed residence. His brows furrowed, he hadn't pegged Aurora as the type to read trashy magazines, but then his eyes widened as he read the title of the particular article she was eyeing.

'101 Ways to Snog Better'

He plucked the magazine from above the petite girl and brought it to his face, "Hmm... is this why you brought me out here Ro? You sly minx." He teased, turning the pages this way and that so that he could take a better look at the diagrams. 

Aurora Andrews

Aurora hadn't planned on arriving first, more often than not she was the one fashionably late. So, she had been more than pleased with herself for nabbing a copy of the Witch Weekly someone had left on the table earlier in the day. The redhead had long established that it was a silly magazine that she had no use for, mostly because more of the articles were beyond ridiculous. But things had changed when a girl wanted to read something while she ate her breakfast, or when curiosity convinced her to flip through the pages.

And as such, she hadn't thought of the consequences of awaiting Simon while reading the particular issue. Nor, getting caught with a magazine she was sure she had denounced more than once. But, 101 ways to snog better had been too.... intriguing(?) for the redhead to pass up. She'd only snogged one boy and couldn't exactly be sure of how there could be so many ways to improve. It wasn't as if she'd gotten any complaints.

So, unfortunately, Aurora had been a little preoccupied to notice the brunette creeping up on her.

"Please." Aurora rolled her eyes, as she stood up, doing everything in her power to get the magazine back in her hands and not his. "Like I'd have to bring you all the way out here for that." Aurora rested a hand on his chest as she smirked up at him, as she took another try for the magazine.

"Seriously, stop reading that."

Simon Reed

He’d definitely caught her by surprise.

She looked slightly flustered, a small blush creeping on her features as she turned to face him. He stepped back as Aurora endearingly attempted to reach for the magazine though it was quite obvious by their height differences that any attempts at swiping it back were futile. He continued to skim the material from the corner of his eye, grinning from ear to ear, “That’s true… but I feel like a few of these might require a bit more privacy.” He quipped.

With one arm remaining in the air, he used the other to ground the Slytherin. Placing a hand on her shoulder to keep her from bouncing on the balls of her feet as he slid his hand against the column of her neck, capturing her attention before cupping her face and leaning forward to try something new. He applied a new maneuver previously seen on page 19, parting their mouths and deepening the kiss until they both sort of forgot about breathing.

The Ravenclaw pulled back, resting his forehead on hers and inhaling. “Might wanna keep this for later…” he finally breathed, eyes fluttering open feeling a little lightheaded as he brought his arm down, mindlessly rolling up the magazine in hand and sliding it into one of his back pockets. It probably looked ridiculous, but he didn’t really care. Aurora had seen him in one too many compromising positions to really judge him for it.  

“Aside from mastering all 101 ways to snog, I was thinking we could go for a broom ride around the castle grounds? We could also walk around the pitch or the lake, dunno. What do you want to do?”

Edited by Simon Reed

Aurora Andrews

Her face was red, and nothing she hated more than being betrayed by her own body. Aurora hadn't planned on being snuck up on, nor getting caught, so naturally, her flustered state had to be done outwardly for that stupidly cute boy of hers to notice. His further comments did nothing to quell the redness in her cheeks. But anything the redhead wanted to say after was quickly silenced by Simon, not that she had any complaints.

Ever.

It was ridiculous and stupidly cliche but Aurora felt like she was in some kind of romantic movie the way kissing him felt. The hand that had been resting on his chest, pulled him as close to her own body as much as possible. Had something even more spectacularly cliche happened and time had stopped?? Even when her eyes opened and Simon was back to his joking self, the redhead could barely focus on what was being said. But a part of he was fairly certain that if he were to ask her to murder someone at the moment, Aurora would have been easily persuaded.

Why wasn't snogging some more an option?

"Take me on a broom ride, Romeo." Not that she thought of him as Romeo as she fondly considered him an idiot but just this one time she could handle using it positively. All because of Simon of course. The redhead grinned rather slyly up at him.

Simon Reed

His face contorted into a look of distaste at being referred to as Romeo, brows scrunched together and newly reddened lips pursed. If he recalled correctly, Romeo and Juliet was one of Aurora's least favorite works by Shakespeare. A story about some teens around their ages 'falling in love' and then dying? He couldn't quite remember the story, all he really think of was the many times she'd called them blooming idiots. He couldn't quite take that as a compliment then, could he?

"I-I get the reference..." he trailed off, referring to all of the times he'd spent in the girls room looking through her bookshelf throughout their childhood and that fact that he'd known her for ages, "But I thought you thought that the story was a bit rubbish. Shouldn't you be calling me something a little more endearing?" he questioned before decidedly giving her a few suggestions that could be taken jokingly but that he would easily respond to, "Like, Mr. Darcy...or ha! This reminds me of the time I tried to come up with a nickname for you. D'you remember that? Feels like ages ago. Anyway, even ghoul is better than Romeo, no?  C'mon Juliet." he snorted, easily sliding his hand down to meet Aurora's and softly tugging on her arm to follow. They soon found their stride and themselves on the grounds headed towards the equipment shed.

He wished he owned his own broom, but there was no way in hell he'd ever save enough money for that... and even if he did, it wouldn't be worth it. It wasn't like he was amazing enough to go Pro in Quid. Besides, there were better things to spend money on. Like education or food. They would be okay on one of the schools brooms right? "So catch me up. What's new in your life and all that stuff... " he prodded as he worked on the sheds lock and retrieved the least damaged looking broom stored inside. It looked like it would fair well if they were to ride tandem. `

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.